Options

WOH HOF Righty Versus Righty

COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
Since I’m having zero luck getting a left handed righty killer, was wondering how good a righty would need to be to beat a 6-7 and up righty pitcher ? Would max 440 POTM Acquino work in gold with active skills at say 5/5 ? Bregman’s Skills are useless in WOH but how good a righty could he beat ? Just wondering. 

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    At 5.5, potm Acquino will dominate. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited September 2019
    You would probably want a strong bat with say double WoH or double late innings it can be done RvR but those are examples of what two active skills look like when you don’t have natural platoon advantage going into it.  Last year I believe it was LL Trout that had 2x RHP that I used frequently to win even against RHP. Aquino wouldn’t have skills active to start against any round that starts with no one on base and at this point you’re going to want skills on batters to at least 9 or 10.  
  • Options
    Thanks @redlegs2018u. I have maxed Keeper Hozmer and my ML for the bases empty rounds. Keeper Hoz is 8/8 and ML is at 10. They are both at about 305 hit in gold. Figuring I am going to miss last month POTM Alvarez. Sure wish Gallo would have had rhp skill. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I made the mistake of thinking that this guy could get it done against rhp-boy was I wrong. I use my 350 bxp laStella over vlad. I wish that I hadn’t wasted the resources on him. 
  • Options
    Dang @2003cobra - ouch !  Nice player though. Aquino will be a much cheaper experiment. 
  • Options
    Yeah it kinda hurts a little but he’s pretty good overall. I’m really starting to work on my keepers. Both bats are diamond and I’m off work Monday so I can do some work on classic. I’m really debating on mays or hosmer first. I’m thinking hosmer with all if the rhp but hof has a lefty at the end  so I’m also Leaning that direction. Maybe I can have both in a month or so. 
  • Options
    JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I made the mistake of thinking that this guy could get it done against rhp-boy was I wrong. I use my 350 bxp laStella over vlad. I wish that I hadn’t wasted the resources on him. 
    I have the same player..d10 as well...I am baffled that his batting average against lefties is better than righties. 😂😂😂 I mean 🤷🏻‍♂️ He’s supposed to be righty boosted. Ha. In general though he does well for me in WOH. I have him a boosted to 13/13. 
  • Options
    Maybe u should do the same but I’m gonna cut my losses with where I’m at now. I thought rhp skills would be helpful against righties and he would be good against lefties as well-wrong. Lesson learned 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    2003cobra said:
    Maybe u should do the same but I’m gonna cut my losses with where I’m at now. I thought rhp skills would be helpful against righties and he would be good against lefties as well-wrong. Lesson learned 
    He's fallen behind the new guys, but once upon a time, he was my #2 vs rightys and #1 vs lefties. I took his skills to 12/12 immediately so I'm sure that helped. Right now, JT(similar skill set) is my #3 vs rightys and he crushes guys like 5.7 Petit(royale). 
  • Options
    Any thoughts on which one I should work on first?  Hosmer since woh is rhp dominant?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @2003cobra It's hard to go wrong either way, but it depends on your current needs. Both are great, but like you, I prioritize skills vs rightys more than leftys because the game is so heavily right handed. 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    agree with @DFBB, but like he said, it depends on whether you have other good lefties or righties.
    At the end of the day, you cannot cycle WOH (as an example) if you don't have at least one righty-killer and one lefty-killer

• Options
    I got hosmer from g10 to d1 on Monday so I’ll continue to work on him first
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I used Rizzuto(13/13 skills) as my #2(basically vs 5.9) vs rightys yesterday and he didn't disappoint. I absolutely love his flexibility.
  • Options
    I chickened out and used FR Goodwin to beat Verlander rather than trying Aquino. Aquino had his hands full as lefty killer since Bregman had no useful skills. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    At 5.5, potm Acquino will dominate. 
    100%. I used Aquino at 4.9 and 5.8 on classic. Never lost. Barely made an out.

COWPILEY said:
    I chickened out and used FR Goodwin to beat Verlander rather than trying Aquino. Aquino had his hands full as lefty killer since Bregman had no useful skills. 
    Are there runners on for 6.10? I wouldn’t go that far if not. I tried him once against Gray at 4.10 and beat him but it wasn’t pleasant. 
  • Options
    COWPILEY said:
    I think it's really important to have skills that are active at the beginning of the round. As such, I wouldn't even consider Aquino as an option. I'm not saying he can't do it, but he's not ideal.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    edited September 2019
    The only thing helping Aquino which will give him a chance (keep in mind that’s my RH option tomorrow ugh) for diamond is that his base stats (hit rating at D10 a robust 502) are very strong and if capped still beat out 350 max ideal skills bats without a heavy skill investment (10/11+).