Options

WoH HoF: A Story of Deception, Heartache, and Pain, by DrSmartAss, PhD.

2Next

Comments

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    the other thing about swinging to "automatic out" curveballs is that sometimes (rare but happens) the fielder can commit an error, which could help a lot.
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    the other thing about swinging to "automatic out" curveballs is that sometimes (rare but happens) the fielder can commit an error, which could help a lot.
    I wonder if that is even possible on those scripted out sequences.  The game has already predetermined that you will be out, so I'm willing to bet that the rare errors only occur on sequences that can otherwise result in a hit (e.g., poorly-timed swings on hittable pitches).  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    In my experience, errors only occur on hittable at bats.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    All these comments are true (mostly) except for the silver team. My team is silver and yesterday I beat HOF 6.10 twice in two tries. Rizzuto at silver 10, both skills at 10% (way below 20%) and he was 2 out of 2 vs Feller. Also keeper Suzuki at silver 10 with both skills at 10% was 2 out of 2 vs Ellis. 
    Of course all my team upgrades are at 40/40 and pennants also at 40/40. I didn't even use a gold boost in 6.9 or 6.10, only video boost.
    So it is doable. Maybe not 15-20 times like some people do, but at silver you don't need that many. I only did 2 because I was slow playing with Cabrera for club points so it took me a long time to come back. 
    By the way, Ellis/Feller was way easier than Rivera/Blue from last 2 weeks.

What are the overall ratings of your top 2-3 hitters?

I struggle to cycle Classic even consistently.  Was only able to beat it maybe 4-5 times yesterday.

My top 3 look like this.  I don't feel like I should be struggling as much as I am.  If this IS a user error case, I can certainly accept that; I kinda suck at hitting.  But if there is indeed a change that can be made....I'd like to know.

Also, is it confirmed that the skill rating actually effects pitch sequence?

Prime Polanco S10.  (189 Overall)  Both Skills 8/20.  Pennant Bonus 31/40

Prime Moustakas S10.  (189 Overall)  Both Skills 8/20.  Pennant Bonus 32/40

Prime Santana S10.  (185 overall) Both Skills 8/20.  Pennant Bonus 30/40

Legend Player S10.  (193 Overall)  Skill 6/20. 

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

@checkitmyles: your sarcasm meter is broken, but I do appreciate you reading my novel and responding. Let's me know you care.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts

@checkitmyles: your sarcasm meter is broken, but I do appreciate you reading my novel and responding. Let's me know you care.

You do have some of the longest posts on here. Lol
  • Options

You'd be in awe and how short of time I can type out all that BS too, especially when my coffee is kicking in. 

My personal best was when I wrote my dissertation 12 years ago. In 7 hours one day, I typed out over 130 pages of my draft, and only made 22 mistakes on that section.

I would make someone a great secretary.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Do u wear tight skirts and show cleavage?  I might be in the market for a new secretary 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited October 2019

frickery 

You answered your own question, Dr.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    I don’t know how many times this has been said....go gold and your issues will end 
  • Options
    @MoenPDC: I'm in the process of stocking up. Going to take a while since my boss banned me from spending any more money on this game. Either way, I have a plan for next year.  I didn't start playing this game until late July.

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited October 2019
    MoenPDC said:
    I don’t know how many times this has been said....go gold and your issues will end 

Who was this to @MoenPDC
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    Do u wear tight skirts and show cleavage?  I might be in the market for a new secretary 

Depends on the pay...

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    2003cobra said:

You do have some of the longest posts on here. Lol
    Yeah......I hate those long, wordy posts!!!!!   ;)