Options

Mission Diamond complete , thank you glu forums

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    @DFBB so the 50 percent only works on new players for that weekend . Though all the new players have been higher level. I may be rethinking this 

Does this sound viable . Leave what prime players , legend players I have to their own devices . I have potm Alonso, goal is to spam buy potm and get meadows and either Jimenez or Suarez or as many as possible. Level them up with my bxp players this Monday when I get field pass and go platnium . Cycle classic like a mother fer on Monday. Spam games all week and for Friday get field pass, join discount, go diamond buy tons of boxes and use 450k prime exp I’ll have by then with 50 percent discount to level a new player ? I mean how far does 450k prime exp get you, one d10 prime ( granted new higher ratings ) what if one of my sig players hit should I use a 30 percent on him if that’s still 30 on Monday? 

Save me all my lxp with at this time to be around 200 until I can cycle hof and use it to cycle cap my first legend 

does this seem viable and more reasonable ?
    You need Meadows for HoF, but not for classic. While they obv make things easier, you also don't need primes/legends for classic either. It's a grind, but I don't think it will take you very long before you're able to cycle cap HoF. Of course, just because you need/want Meadows doesn't mean it'll be easy. I just looked at the weekend boxes again and truth be told, it's not an ideal box to jump on for those who are wanting to make the jump(last week was very ideal). The reason I'd push Diamond over plat is that the difference in cycling classic in both tiers isn't very big. The 'pros' in diamond is that the repull value is considerably higher and you get a new d10 bat. On top of that, you can use your time in between the week to cycle d6 for tons of gold. At plat, you'd kind of be in limbo with all that down time.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

Ok between Mwilson and Dffb I have made up my mind. I'm Going Plat Monday with field pass, leveling up my POTM and bxp players , spending all week playing games and cycling classic  and EVO hunting ( evo is going to be an issue to go diamond right now, I'm at like 570 once I finish this season ) . Getting field pass on Friday, joining a 30 percent discount, going diamond, buying a bunch of boxes and taking the best prime player I get to d10, then just cycle classic like crazy and d6 cycle like crazy during week....rinse repeat until I can cycle cap at HOF. Saving my lxp until then.

Once I can afford It I have to bring Scoascia up, hes like my binky.

I think the plan is in place. I want to thank everyone on my quest that started almost a month ago ( sept 13th ) when I started saving resources. There have been a few times I have spent either because I loved a player ( joe Carter and o cab ) or got drunk and was trying to get my club points. I think in the long run being diamond will score them many more points.

• Options
    The dream is becoming reality , two potm batters and its early Friday night 
  • Options

• Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Nice!  So when is the jump happening?
  • Options
    Only potm I don’t have is the one I really need in Austin meadows. I went platnium 30 mins ago, waiting for field pass to level the team and I’ll let you know how it goes /looks like . Leeweeeerooooy Jenkins 
  • Options

• Options
    Going to need at least another week and a half the build the resources before I go diamond it’s not happening Friday
  • Options
    cycled classic in 20 mins, not going to bother with HOF cause I need bxp baaaaaaaad
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    cycled classic in 20 mins, not going to bother with HOF cause I need bxp baaaaaaaad
    I’m glad that’s working out then.  
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Why does anyone sit at Platinum?  Honest question.  Resources are still expensive and you can't rake in gold from cycling the playoffs like in Diamond.  What's the draw?

Both of the last couple years I've just sat at Gold until I was ready for Diamond and then it was a race to get through Platinum as fast as possible on the way.
  • Options
    Why does anyone sit at Platinum?  Honest question.  Resources are still expensive and you can't rake in gold from cycling the playoffs like in Diamond.  What's the draw?

Both of the last couple years I've just sat at Gold until I was ready for Diamond and then it was a race to get through Platinum as fast as possible on the way.
    It’s hella cheaper than diamond, you can still level prime and legends much more handily than diamond, team is stronger in WOH than a gold team, can get thru easier/quicker with players not as good or leveled in skills as high as gold counterparts.  I usually have 4 hours maybe 5 to play WOH max and often less....in plat I can whip thru and cycle cap.  Diamond is a grind;  that does not appeal to me at all and quite honestly, what would you use all the gold for?  Some goes for boosts and continues, but the big expense, buying boxes is actually counterproductive at diamond, and you’ll be hard pressed to turn that gold you make into a tangible amounts of xp in terms of diamond leveling.  Also, I don’t have the time to tap out games like that, would not work for me.  I had an intention to go diamond but changed my mind when, from my point of view, I had fallen too far behind the pace of the game to keep pace if I did move up. I am able to stay with the leading edge in platinum and am quite happy, capping my 5th legend today and sitting on nearly 400k lxp along with a few sig primes in hand waiting on what develops.  I know there are monster silver and gold CvC teams out there but I’ve found that I’m pretty competitive and am able to make significant contributions at club level without having to drop out and spend weeks gathering resources in the “wilderness”.  
  • Options
    LOL....last time I made a statement that was to the effect “proud to be platinum” I got a lot of PMs challenging me and telling me that my team sucked and that the persons gold team would smoke me and that I was an idiot for staying plat.  This was on global mind you but I did get some here as well but with a much softer edge.  
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Interesting.  Some fair points, all the bonus games is a tough grind.  I've just become too hooked on the constant gold income I guess.  
  • Options
    I’m not staying platinum long. I am working through the tiers now. I just want to level enough players where I can still cycle cap classic when I move to diamond. I think that will take at least another week or two of saving resources 
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @MoenPDC Have any trouble cycling Classic in platinum?  Looks like it should have been a breeze based on your lineup.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @mwilson829 no it was a joke. I cycled 22 times, average 20 min cycles 

here is the question how much bxp should i save and how many players should I bring to what level initially to be able to cycle diamond classic. 

What about cash upgrades. I have hitting coach at 80/80 , trainer at 70/80 and in zone and clutch at 70/80z have about 3.5 mill in cash but want to be conservative. Like how much cash does it take for a d6 cycle. Rest of cash upgrades 60/80 but don’t plan on ruching them soon

right now I’m winning about 95 percent of my bg. Have both potm pitchers ( cole /flaherty ) and Workman as closer capped at p10

i want to get to diamond ASAP but want to make sure I have enough resources to both cycle classic and to d6 cycle

• Options
    @DFBB you probably know the answer to my questions too lol
  • Options
    eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

here is the question how much bxp should i save and how many players should I bring to what level initially to be able to cycle diamond classic. 

What about cash upgrades. I have hitting coach at 80/80 , trainer at 70/80 and in zone and clutch at 70/80z have about 3.5 mill in cash but want to be conservative. Like how much cash does it take for a d6 cycle. Rest of cash upgrades 60/80 but don’t plan on ruching them soon

right now I’m winning about 95 percent of my bg. Have both potm pitchers ( cole /flaherty ) and Workman as closer capped at p10

i want to get to diamond ASAP but want to make sure I have enough resources to both cycle classic and to d6 cycle

Regarding Cash for cycling D6, my formula I like is winning about 100 tourneys per D6 cycle.  I believe that usually nets me ~600 BG to go "even."  So the 400 tourney wins + 600 BG = 1000 wins.  

1 tourney costs 30k cash.  100 * 30,000 = 3 mil cash (plus you get some back from winning BG/TG)

And you get 250,000 cash per cycle from reward
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    eman0023 said:
    MoenPDC said:

Regarding Cash for cycling D6, my formula I like is winning about 100 tourneys per D6 cycle.  I believe that usually nets me ~600 BG to go "even."  So the 400 tourney wins + 600 BG = 1000 wins.  

1 tourney costs 30k cash.  100 * 30,000 = 3 mil cash (plus you get some back from winning BG/TG)

How to people afford to do multiple cycles a week. I can’t see earning more then 3 mill of blue cash per week cycling woh
  • Options
    MoenPDC said:
    eman0023 said:
    MoenPDC said:

How to people afford to do multiple cycles a week. I can’t see earning more then 3 mill of blue cash per week cycling woh
    You do get rewards for winning matches so your not netting 3 mil cash spent. I don’t remember exactly but some BG/TG you can get like 3000 cash. Maybe more. Maybe less. Idk the exact figures but you’re not “losing” 3 mil as you do return some cash along the way. Also, you can throw your gloves into donations boxes for cash, which helps a lot.
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited October 2019
    MoenPDC said:
    don't you earn a ton cycling WOH? Especially classic - i used to get $2mm per day when I was cycling classic?

also silver club boxes
  • Options
    Yes I think I made like 2 mill yesterday cycling classic. I read though people doing two plus d6 cycles a week, which at 3 million a pop is like 6 million. Granted you probably get some bonus games back and cash back, you also don’t win every game / tourney . Just want to make sure I’m not missing out on something here
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    If you cycle WOH on Monday enough, it will net you enough cash to cycle D6 multiple times per week. The most I’ve done is two times in a week, but that’s because my thumbs started hurting. 😂
  • Options
    I’d like to go diamond Monday . Only at like 300k bxp right now though . I just don’t think it’s enough. If Astro’s keep winning I do have Bregman sig who I could bring to d5. Probably going to leave scioscia where he’s at for now, save up lxp for first hof cycle cap. At like 100k lxp now so should be fine. 

Just dont know min requirements needed to still cycle classic and bg/tourneys . I’ll post my team and resources 
  • Options

• Options
    As Criffy mentioned, find a nice Silver Club and dump donations that you don't need into there daily if possible.  It helps a lot to retain cash. I want to say for the 52 boxes daily, you can get over a mil in cash back.  You'll get TONS of donations after moving up to diamond from leveling, opening boxes, and BG/TG.  If you already have a plat/diamond club that doesn't need tons of donations, hop out daily and find that silver club after 8pm et
  • Options
    I’m  short on evo but I will just evo hunt every night after club event . 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Yes I think I made like 2 mill yesterday cycling classic. I read though people doing two plus d6 cycles a week, which at 3 million a pop is like 6 million. Granted you probably get some bonus games back and cash back, you also don’t win every game / tourney . Just want to make sure I’m not missing out on something here
    On Mondays, I make about 4mill cash from HoF. Soon, you'll be able to win just about all of your bgs/tourneys. As is, you'll still win most of them. Your competition once you hit diamond will be the same as it is now.
    Imo, you leveled more bats than needed(into plat). I haven't done classic in a good while, but I don't think much has changed. You should be able to breeze through diamond classic with just a few diamond bats.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    MoenPDC said:
    On Mondays, I make about 4mill cash from HoF. Soon, you'll be able to win just about all of your bgs/tourneys. As is, you'll still win most of them. Your competition once you hit diamond will be the same as it is now.
    Imo, you leveled more bats than needed(into plat). I haven't done classic in a good while, but I don't think much has changed. You should be able to breeze through diamond classic with just a few diamond bats.
    5.5-5.10 in Classic are all Diamond level 1 pitchers with the last 3 being Prime D1 pitchers.