ATG Ted Williams and Cooperstown

2Next

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Reeces said:
    Metsicans said:
    What is up with Glu's current obsession with the blowout skill?  It seems like 75% of all new legends and ATGs have it.

Because Glu doesn't view it as a top end skill -- they'll release legends with better skills later, to make you chase them.

I know some on here love blowout, but I'm not a huge fan.  Mostly because I prioritize WOH, and blowout is usually not active, and when it is, it presumably turns off right when you need the boost the most.   

I highly doubt that GLU understand what skills are MOST desirable or what they should put on ATG to make them attractive...I think they put skills on dice and roll them. 
    that's what the want us to believe, but I think it is very premeditated. 
    Every time they release a bunch of higher ranked players, they add to each of them at least 1 skill that sucks and also the speed is usually pretty high. That way we chase those and a few weeks later they release a different version of the same player with better skills and lower speed, so we chase again.

100%.  They are extremely devious when it comes to those skills.  No way it's random.  They know when they release a 6.10 killer (like 490 Edmonds with double RHP skills).  When you start seeing guys with two active skills for 6.10, you know we're about to get a difficulty bump and/or better players available (i.e., 500, 510 and 520 players came out almost immediately after the 490 Edmonds became available). 
  • Options
    ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Y'all don't understand the concept of rolling dices... ofc they going hit 7 or 11 sometimes... is like your chances on pulling an ATG with the .1% chance... Very rarely do they hit...
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    tocopan18 said:
    Reeces said:
    Metsicans said:
    What is up with Glu's current obsession with the blowout skill?  It seems like 75% of all new legends and ATGs have it.

Because Glu doesn't view it as a top end skill -- they'll release legends with better skills later, to make you chase them.

I know some on here love blowout, but I'm not a huge fan.  Mostly because I prioritize WOH, and blowout is usually not active, and when it is, it presumably turns off right when you need the boost the most.   

I highly doubt that GLU understand what skills are MOST desirable or what they should put on ATG to make them attractive...I think they put skills on dice and roll them. 
    Every time they release a bunch of higher ranked players, they add to each of them at least 1 skill that sucks and also the speed is usually pretty high. That way we chase those and a few weeks later they release a different version of the same player with better skills and lower speed, so we chase again.

100%.  They are extremely devious when it comes to those skills.  No way it's random.  They know when they release a 6.10 killer (like 490 Edmonds with double RHP skills).  When you start seeing guys with two active skills for 6.10, you know we're about to get a difficulty bump and/or better players available (i.e., 500, 510 and 520 players came out almost immediately after the 490 Edmonds became available). 
    So what’s the sweet spot here?

ive noticed this same thing, and I’m curious on which one People prefer
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Dice rolls are completely random. I don't think the skills put on players are even close to random. 

I also don't think anyone misunderstood what you said.
  • Options
    cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    tocopan18 said:
    Reeces said:
    Metsicans said:

So what’s the sweet spot here?

ive noticed this same thing, and I’m curious on which one People prefer
    I would rather have a slightly lower player with better skills because the percent increase will overcome the initial lower rating. For example, I'm still rolling out 470 Kruk on 6.10 and 450 Scioscia on 6.9. 
  • Options
    Numb3rsNumb3rs Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    tocopan18 said:
    Reeces said:
    Metsicans said:

I also think that glu increase the chance of pulling legends just before a new batch of higher rated players get released. A week before the jump to 520 I was pulling legends left right and center. Leveled them all, became resource broke and was hit in the face with a new set of shiny toys to chase.