Options

Question on improving

blocksbatsblocksbats Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
Recently joined ‘20. I have reached Level III Silver Veteran. Team strength 31648. Amassed 4006 gold. All batters are capped. Not the pitchers. Should I use the gold to improve, or not? And if so, how should I use the gold?

Comments

• Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Improve as in team upgrades? No, save your gold if you are planning on using it for upgrades. I’d only use gold to level up players that are going to be in your lineup, or on player boxes, and maybe xp boxes. 
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Uhhh maybe slow down on going up the tiers. Your TS is kind of low, if you get to the gold tier with that team you are going to be in rough shape for a long time. 
  • Options
    I was going to stop at Silver VI. You think I should not move up more tiers from Silver III?
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Push through to S6, but do not play that playoff series.  @ShoveItUpYoenis2 is right, you will struggle mightily at gold if you go now.  Work on your team upgrades, pennants, and trying to upgrade your roster before you go gold.

Focus your gold spending on boxes that have multiple players that help your team.
  • Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I was silver last week during bonus games and once I reach the last level of silver i lost 30 straight bonus games until I found out that Glu is pushing you to go keep moving up. So now I’m going to stay at gold 4 until probably primes come out. But everything is so much worse this year, it’s gonna be rough. 
  • Options
    I am pushing through Silver VI right now. TS currently 38820. All hitters & starting pitchers capped. If I don’t play the playoffs, as you guys have recommended, how do I get players I can improve? 
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    You can improve by buying player boxes, and pulling the 5 Star special edition players. You should also be using cash to level up your team upgrades and work on leveling up your pennants. 
  • Options
    Thanks. As you upgrade, how much cash do you normally leave yourself with, generally?