Options

No POTW/POTM is the true source of frustration

cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
Realistically the game is at the same point (or even better due to EB, sluggers, target bash, etc) than it was at this time last year. The regular boxes were terrible odds with not great players. That has always been the way of life and won't change throughout the life of the game since the truly best players are hard to obtain. HOWEVER, in previous years the best way to team-build in the early months was POTW/POTM boxes. Head and shoulders above all players for their active period and still a decent option for much of the regular season at tougher positions. Additionally, they had tremendously better odds, great XP value when not obtaining a player, and a longer shelf-life as a bonus. Implementing a player spotlight with this set-up would balance out the game and make it enjoyable for 99% of players. Blue Leopard has already acknowledged this idea in the suggestions box, but I think it is a good time to remind everyone of what the true flaw in the game is at this stage. Starting in May with a spotlight box of the month would actually give us an incentive to spend gold and participate on a daily basis.

Comments

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I actually am pretty disappointed that there hasn't been an equivalent replacement for those.   Hopefully it happens at some point
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've also made this suggestion and they seem to be receptive of the idea. They've done it in the past with spotlight boxes so hopefully, we'll see these soon.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    With all due respect, I am very happy without those boxes given my long history of getting jobbed by them. 
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I personally like when they forget to update them leave them for 3 months then when you go to throw your maxed out pitcher in the final playoff series hes a 390 and you lose to the astros...I mean it happened to a friend.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Potm replacement would be great! I never liked players of the week, even though they had a chance at repeating (I doubt spotlights would repeat). Maybe mvps of the past few seasons? World series mvps? Playoff heros, etc.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Not to mention lack of team boost that helps with WOH early in the season.
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I mean ...they could just go against the schedule and put up the live boost for what could've been.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    2020KC said:
    I mean ...they could just go against the schedule and put up the live boost for what could've been.
    That is the answer for the live boost.  In the past, when a game was rained out, and rescheduled, the live boost only applied to the originally scheduled game.  The MLB schedule is readily available.  What is the problem with doing what had already been done in previous years?