Options

Bad video ad

DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
Is anyone else getting the ad that simply goes to a black screen and doesn't play or allow you to cancel out? I have to continually restart the app. I sent a ticket to support on it but was curious if others are seeing this. 

Comments

• Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Yes.  I filed a ticket over the weekend with CS and they said their developers had fixed the issue and comped me 50 Gold.  Have not gotten it since.  I aslo discovered that my issue with videos stopping every 10 seconds MIGHT have had something to do with a blue tooth headset.  My diagnosis, not Glu's.  I reinstalled the headset and videos work fine again.
  • Options
    That's weird. Mine worked fine over the weekend and as recently as midnight, in fact. now this morning the same ad keeps cycling and it's causing issues. I'm not using any headset so it seems like the ad is a GLU issue. 
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I think the black screen was something else.  It seemed like GLU CS was aware of the issue.  

• Options
    yeah, I think it's actually both issues now. sometimes it just stays black and won't close, other times there is a toon blast ad that pops up and let's me close it but never registers gold. It almost seems like that ad is stuck in a loop and they need to remove it somehow. Haven't had this happen before.
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I get it all the time..

PS sorry about my signature. but not really lol
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I just wish there was a method for child safe ads.  Be nice if I could pay my kids to sit there and tap ads for me.  But I cant have them watching bra ads for 400 lb women.  That stuff is gross
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Those bras make them feel so good inside though!
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    TheFullMonte said:
    I just wish there was a method for child safe ads.  Be nice if I could pay my kids to sit there and tap ads for me.  But I cant have them watching bra ads for 400 lb women.  That stuff is gross
    two words on that... Scatter Slots. Like WTF does that ad have to do with a slots game. Not the same level of gross as the bras but again, wouldn't want my kid running ads for me and seeing that one. 
  • Options
    2020KC said:
    I get it all the time..

PS sorry about my signature. but not really lol
    Oh come on. Detroit's land mass is larger than Boston, Manhattan and San Francisco. But we have at least several blocks that are really nice....we're working on it ha.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    MONTE! 🥰😘😘
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    MONTE! 🥰😘😘
    He’s free. One time courtesy from Blue. I still have 3 accounts banned. Hopefully they can get released on good behaviour. Fishful Thinking perhaps
  • Options
    The videos have been screwed up all day for me. They really messed that part of the game up in 20. I got a response from customer service that it has been passed on to the development team but who knows....last time it was out of commission for 4 days for me. Unbelievable that they could have this many issues with something that has been in the game for years.