Options

So many things wrong with TSB '20 - matchmaking, boxes, bonus games, season mode, EVERYTHING

tipatel1975tipatel1975 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
I am bronze and remain at bronze as I need better position players and pitchers.  I have maxed all team upgrades, maxed pennants, and maxed most of my players skills. However, I can't improve further when boxes rarely give out good players. I opened 15 boxes the other day.  Got the same 4* player 8 times.  Got XP the other 7 times.  Can't improve Keeper skills due to the extremely high cost.

I recently got 2 good pitchers from boxes (finally) - 320 max Verlander and Bieber.  Yet, their ERA is terrible as I go up against silver and gold teams in Bonus games, season modes, prime games. I went 1/15 in prime games the other day.  I can't win a single bonus game.  Why am I being matched against a gold team?  Matchmaking seems to be solely based on team strength when it should also account for Tier-Level.

Prime Event tiers are wrong.  They essentially did a 10x multiple of the reward tiers of '19 and its now impossible to even get to Tier 1 of Prime Event rewards.

While I appreciate the game being more challenging than '19, it's been taken too far and frustratingly impossible.  I lost (again) in the quarterfinal of season mode.  My 46k team went against a 26k team.  My top-2 pitchers (Verlander and Bieber) got rocked for a combined 15 runs in the first inning.  My team commits 2+ errors every game despite all team fielding Upgrades being maxed.

Extra Bases is a joke.  It's unbelievably inconsistent.  When they have the set lineup, sometimes I get an easy 1M points and other times, I barely get 1000.  If I have to use the game lineup, why would it suck so bad that I get zeros (auto play) half the time?  When I use my lineup, I get zeros half the time and barely over a total of 1000 points.  CVC is also inconsistent.  With the same bonus players on the same day, one matchup I can get a ton of points.  The next matchup, I get nothing. I understand variable RNG, but this is wholly inconsistent results with any RNG algorithm commonly used in gaming.

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Your problem is simple my friend, your bronze.  All the play issues get resolved (for awhile at least) when you level up.

The second issue you have is you haven’t deleted the game.  This is the only resolution to all your problems my friend.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    tipatel1975tipatel1975 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Hah, great advice.  Yeah, I've learned the game dynamics have changed to incentivize level promotions.  In past seasons, you could be successful at a lower level in all forms of the game (CvC, Club Events (Prime Games, etc), Season Mode, etc).  To me, it's an inferior dynamic as a terrible gold team that's 46k team strength easily beats my 47k bronze team.