Options

Relief pitcher question

JPro2992JPro2992 Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
So I’ve been trying to figure this out for years, and never have gotten a good answer from my club or friends or whatever..

What is the best order for success to put your relief pitchers in? There are 5 slots (long, RP1,RP2,SU,and closer), and there are 3 different types of relievers (LR,MR, and SR) so, do you just put them in order of overall stats? I know closer goes last obviously, but I have noticed my team strength goes up or down when I move around some relievers, I just can’t find the perfect combination. 

I have almost completed my “Saves by one pitcher” achievement so once I do that, I will be looking to order them in the best way possible, just need to figure out what that is 

Comments

• Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I put my best reliever at closer.. 2nd best at SU which is best for team strength. 
    3rd best at rp1 4th at long 5th at rp2. 
    May may not be the best but how I’ve always done it 
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I don't think the LR, SR, MR, SU, and CL designtations mean anything as far as actual performance goes.   It  would be an interesting twist to the game and roster buiulding strategy if you were required to put an LR in the Long slot, SR in RP1, MR in RP2, etc...