Options

HR Battles: What Now?

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
Pretty much any player 450 max and over will hit 615 foot homeruns. What is weird is that previously you had to pull the ball squarely to left-center or right-center depending on handedness of the batter to maximize distance. Now, it seems like that area gets you less distance instead. I find that hitting the ball directly to center field, pulling it down the foul line or even just slightly opposite field (don't go too far or you'll start losing distance the further opposite field you go) gets me the maximum distance of 615 feet.

Another weird thing is that after a good run my homeruns start to lose distance even when hit perfectly. It seems like there's an algorithm to limit how much gold you can win, such as if you win more than X amount of gold in Y period of time it starts nerfing your distance.

Wondered if anyone else had similar experiences with this, or had any tips for me?

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yes sir, I was able to get through my line up twice last night, then the 3rd time all my perfect hit shots were going like 580-595. And this continued for about 7-8 batters then i finally called it quits.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2020
    I've had numerous discussions on this topic. Everything you mentioned above is a diamond 'issue.' Here's what I've noticed:

***450+ power=floating homers will max out at 615 feet. If your legend has a power of 498, he will still top out at 615 if you 'float' the homer.

***If you 'flush'(square it) the ball, the range of the distance will vary depending on the power of your batter. The max distance can exceed 615, but the lower range outcomes makes it a poor strategy. It is, however, a good option if you noticed that your opponent shanked a ball. 

JEDDDOGGY said:
    Another weird thing is that after a good run my homeruns start to lose distance even when hit perfectly. It seems like there's an algorithm to limit how much gold you can win, such as if you win more than X amount of gold in Y period of time it starts nerfing your distance.

I haven't noticed this, but I haven't done a ton of battles in diamond. I'd sum it up this way: Hit it high and watch it fly; hit it clean and you'll be yelling something obscene! Okay, okay, back to my lane. lol

edit: I don't believe there is an alog that limits your distance based on the amount of gold that you've won. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Interesting, thanks guys.

And yeah @DFBB you are right now that I played a couple more, I never noticed sometimes dead center will only get me between 585 and 595 if its a lined shot instead of the towering floaters you speak of.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Willy Jack hit a couple 619ft dongs today but they were, as described, grooved to power alley. I also find righty bats easier to achieve the extreme pull floater than lefty.