Not ONE player!
HTFDTH!
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts

• Options
    LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Yeah that’s about right! Last Thursday I purchased 7 POTM boxes and got nothing, on 8th box I finally got Mayers (which I don’t really want, wanted a position player or SP who contributes more points). The next day I bought 8 more boxes and got nothing. On the 9th box I re-pulled Mayer’s, what a joke. I bought a 10th box and got Hayes. I wanted to keep going because I really need a 1B, and that’s what they’re betting on, but I said screw that I’ve had enough. I know it’s not going to happen, I’m sure if I bought 20 more boxes I would probably just re-pull Mayers and Hayes again. For having 50% odds, the likelihood is so small that you could go 7, 8, 9 boxes in a row with nothing, yet it happens time and time again to everyone. That shows you it’s clearly rigged. Otherwise there should be equal number of times that you pull a player 7-8 times in a row and I’ve never heard of that happening ever!  I’m convinced it’s all predetermined anyway as far as what they’re going to give you no matter what you spend so why waste assets. 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Last weekend, if you alternated between both boxes, you could’ve spent 7,250 gold (plus getting the spend boxes) before getting a player and then it could’ve been a crap one. 

They’ll sell you 10k for $100 though (I assume that as it’s £100 for me)
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I made the mistake of buying POTM and POTW boxes ONCE. Won't do it again.  The odds are not correct.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Yeah that’s about right! Last Thursday I purchased 7 POTM boxes and got nothing, on 8th box I finally got Mayers (which I don’t really want, wanted a position player or SP who contributes more points). The next day I bought 8 more boxes and got nothing. On the 9th box I re-pulled Mayer’s, what a joke. I bought a 10th box and got Hayes. I wanted to keep going because I really need a 1B, and that’s what they’re betting on, but I said screw that I’ve had enough. I know it’s not going to happen, I’m sure if I bought 20 more boxes I would probably just re-pull Mayers and Hayes again. For having 50% odds, the likelihood is so small that you could go 7, 8, 9 boxes in a row with nothing, yet it happens time and time again to everyone. That shows you it’s clearly rigged. Otherwise there should be equal number of times that you pull a player 7-8 times in a row and I’ve never heard of that happening ever!  I’m convinced it’s all predetermined anyway as far as what they’re going to give you no matter what you spend so why waste assets. 
    It is definitely pre-determined regardless of gold spent (whether a lot or minimal). This year the ability (or not) to pull the top player comes in waves, so just spend your minimal 2500 gold FR + Cvc boxes, and that is usually enough to know if its your time to shine for that event or not. The POTM boxes are even worse in my opinion, because they advertise them as 50% odds, but there is absolutely no chance that is the case in reality, given the documented issues of forum members going 8-15 boxes without a player. Think about when you buy the Tues/Thurs pitcher boxes, which usually have 45-50% odds of pulling a low value of PXP/LXP/Evo, magically you always end up pulling a bunch of those. But with POTM/POTW, nope.
    Cue in WhyNot.... Did somebody say ...... 
  • Options
    LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Agreed 100% and usually I do stick to $2,500. They caught me in a moment of weakness however and I should’ve known after reading other posts about trying to chase certain players or positions. It just seemed pretty likely to pull a 1B buying almost 20 boxes but that’s what they’re preying on, your inability to stop after you’ve pulled so many in a row with nothing. You keep telling yourself that you have to pull something on the next one since you’ve pulled X amount of boxes so far with nothing. 10 boxes later and you’re still screwed. As many others have said they’re targeting gamblers and other addictive personalities who they know cannot say no or walk away from things like this. 
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    2500 per event still adds up with the current state of affairs. 
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I made the mistake of buying POTM and POTW boxes ONCE. Won't do it again.  The odds are not correct.
    I would say  that I’m on 50% for Aug and Sept but if you get 4 different players you need to stop as you’re only getting duplicates. This month it was the MRs on repeat. 

Can’t remember the last time I got both POTW. After the time I pulled one 8 times without getting the other, I stop at 5 boxes. 
  • Options
    FranksabinskiFranksabinski Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    POTW boxes...POTM boxes...event boxes...or anything else sold in this game...It’s all a scam! Save your money and stop wasting it on this garbage! This company will do whatever it takes to rip us players off and that includes BS odds on the boxes! 
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @Looseballsack

it’s not just you.  These boxes are broken

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/5460197/quit-defrauding-your-customers#latest
  • Options
    This is after about 150k gold. I think I pulled JRam 20 times lol. Seems like in an overall scale it’s 50%. But my first bit I went 1/16
  • Options
    bdogfootball7bdogfootball7 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    @Looseballsack

it’s not just you.  These boxes are broken

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/5460197/quit-defrauding-your-customers#latest
    It’s pretty common. I had to open 10 just to get the weakest prime player again this week. It gets a little disheartening after a while. Makes u want to stop playing the game
  • Options
    My last ever player chase was Giambi. That was it for me. I'll never forget that day. Why? Because I pulled the worst Prime, Anderson, 25 times. I'm not joking. At one point I pulled him three times in a row. The second worst prime I pulled 15 times. I finally hit Giambi at about the 80K mark, right after I had pulled Anderson again. Never again. Saving my gold stash from this point forward for finishing out a pity timer after all events are done, or chasing an ATG (if they ever come out).

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    My last ever player chase was Giambi. That was it for me. I'll never forget that day. Why? Because I pulled the worst Prime, Anderson, 25 times. I'm not joking. At one point I pulled him three times in a row. The second worst prime I pulled 15 times. I finally hit Giambi at about the 80K mark, right after I had pulled Anderson again. Never again. Saving my gold stash from this point forward for finishing out a pity timer after all events are done, or chasing an ATG (if they ever come out).
    Since it's a shit show now with odds on pulling Legends and top tier primes, I would hate to see what it's going be like trying to get ATG's. You better have your checking/savings account number and routing number and your 401k and IRA account numbers ready to hand over to Glu. Direct siphon into Glu's pockets....
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @Toughthundercats ATGs were handled very poorly last year imo.
    • Released far too late (we did not have much time to enjoy them)
    • Released far too often (at one point they were releasing multiple in the same week)
    • Released far too many of them
    • 3x the amount of resources to level (double what they were the year before, 1.5x)
    • They never released one at the 3B position (ok, maybe not a huge fail but I wanted a full team of ATG lol)

Forget box odds, there will be lot worse problems with them.
  • Options

GLU has GLUed up the ShoeDentist box.

No way I am even opening one of these with my gold. It is loaded with PxP and evo, while carrying another useless Prime player.

Joke is on us, again.

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I got Red on box #10. A friend got him on box #9. Another on box #30. 1:100 odds? Bogus odds for reals! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    I got Red on box #10. A friend got him on box #9. Another on box #30. 1:100 odds? Bogus odds for reals! 

Happy for you. I know that won't happen for me. I'd be thrilled with box 30.

• Options
    DFBB said:

I know that was probably annoying for me to post, but often, guys who do well don't post so all we read are the bad stories. 
  • Options

Well your post gave me a false sense of security. I needed evo and LxP so I figured I'd go up to 20 to get the rewards. I spent 20K in gold and the best thing I pulled was 3500 PxP twice. Every other box was 10evo, 1,750 PxP, or 1K LxP.

I got three boxes at 2500K gold and that flipped my pity timer for CS boxes. Got the worst Prime guy again.

I'm pretty much done. This is robbery and I'm not giving GLU any more money. They've ruined every aspect of the game I enjoyed, and now getting decent players is impossible, at least for me.

TY GLU!!!!

• Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I bet if they do this 100 or 200 more times, you're out of here... :smile:
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

I know that was probably annoying for me to post, but often, guys who do well don't post so all we read are the bad stories. 
    I'm seriously contemplating dropping 2500k gold for that box if nothing else I could use the pxp.
  • Options

Well your post gave me a false sense of security. I needed evo and LxP so I figured I'd go up to 20 to get the rewards. I spent 20K in gold and the best thing I pulled was 3500 PxP twice. Every other box was 10evo, 1,750 PxP, or 1K LxP.

I got three boxes at 2500K gold and that flipped my pity timer for CS boxes. Got the worst Prime guy again.

I'm pretty much done. This is robbery and I'm not giving GLU any more money. They've ruined every aspect of the game I enjoyed, and now getting decent players is impossible, at least for me.

TY GLU!!!!

Ugh. Sorry dude. Another friend got Butler within 9k, but took 90k today for him to get Red. It's the nature of the game. 
  • Options

Yeah, those odds are false. I'm salty now. 50 effing boxes and only once I got the 3500 prime xp twice, which is 100/1000 chance. 48 other boxes and they were all the 250/1000 odds pulls.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I've been on both sides of the coin many times even in the last couple weeks.

Things really do even out over time.    But keep in mind if you drop only small amounts of gold each time, you likely wont get what you want very often with the way the odds are
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited October 2020
    DFBB said:
    Both guys in 14 boxes here, tired of these bs odds🙄
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Using the box odds and Glu's standard cost of gold purchases:

5 star bxp player = 21% = $30
    445 prime = 4.3% = $140
    450 prime = 2.7% = $225
    460 prime = 2.4% = $250
    500 legend = 1.2% = $500
    510 legend = 0.6% = $1000

This is how much they think that each single player at bronze 1 is worth. That is what is wrong with the box odds.
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I've been on both sides of the coin many times even in the last couple weeks.

Things really do even out over time.    But keep in mind if you drop only small amounts of gold each time, you likely wont get what you want very often with the way the odds are
    Yea i think thats why guys feel they never hit cvc because if ur opening 2-4 at a time its gonna feel like you fail all the time
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Using the box odds and Glu's standard cost of gold purchases:

5 star bxp player = 21% = $30
    445 prime = 4.3% = $140
    450 prime = 2.7% = $225
    460 prime = 2.4% = $250
    500 legend = 1.2% = $500
    510 legend = 0.6% = $1000

This is how much they think that each single player at bronze 1 is worth. That is what is wrong with the box odds.
    Probably the most painfully sobering post I’ve seen this year