Options

WOH 11/30

1235Next

Comments

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Kruk did fine closing 5.10. I cycled three times. The funny part was the issues with RNG always came with the guys I had at 17/17.

I'm not going to put anyone at 20/20 this year unless they are an ATG. Just not going to do that for short-term guys. Not worth it.

I cycled the other tower three times within 1.5 hours.

Like I said, what kept me from cycling it five times was RNG hell on 4.10.

Was it harder? Absolutely!

Was if more fun? It could be.

Was it worth it? No, not for the cost of blue cash and the rewards. In my three cycles I got 2K LxP on all six pulls.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I will comment this...I hate...HATE...the luck aspect of repulling in a box to level.  Make it every 3 levels and be done with it.  
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

Kruk is 12/12 and the WoH add is 9%.

This is your problem. If you're not capping skills for a closer you will have inconsistent results even at diamond. There is even greater parity at the lower levels between pitcher and batter ratings so the more you can boost with skill levels the better. A fully capped gold bat is not relative to a fully capped diamond bat. It's just how the numbers shake out. 12/12 was acceptable when pxp came out on keepers before lxp. Just does not cut it anymore.
    I agree with you. Skills need to be at the very minimum 16/16 with a high WoH skill but will still have issues from time to time. 12/12 won't cut it.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited December 2020
    As far as the skills discussion goes I have personally never leveled past 12 and have not had any problems in gold except those Diaz days but then again no one could get past Diaz when the app didn't want you to. Can't speak of platinum or diamond but skill level 12 in gold always did me good. Now it's true that the app determines if you should be able to clear the level or not before the pitch is even thrown as we all know thanks to those "xxx scored" messages that we get sometimes before even seeing the pitch and the skill level may have something to do with that but we can't know that with 100% certainty. 

To me it just doesn't make sense to spend so much on skills past what I know will get it done for me. It's a cycle that I just don't want to get in to. Spend resources, play like crazy to get more resources for new skills on the new player that you still may want to level. Even on ATG I wouldn't cap them since whatever gold/evo/LXP that is spent on them is what I can't spend on a new player down the road.

Just my opinion but it has worked well for me since 18 (not too many players with skills in 17) and I am pretty much autoplaying 1st 7 rounds in the 1st 4 levels and then manual play last 5 in level 5. I could probably still auto play all 10 levels in the 1st 4 levels but:

1. Don't want to waste the gold
    2. Gotta have SOME fun rather than just autoplaying everything

And now something for my boys @dkarski87 @DFBB and the rest of the old guard: #videorestartgate2020

EDIT: Seeing what kind of monster @DFBB has become with WOH I'll cap Ted's skills for now and if I get a RH ATG down the road that one as well and see if I can go for faster cycles from here on. One can never get too much LXP after all.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    As expensive as skills are, that 16/20 to 20/20 is the difference between struggling and shredding the top levels of WOH. 

I have Giambi at 20/20 and he tore through Rivera 10 times yesterday without coming close to losing. Get your closers on the weekends and then cap them in the 30% off clubs. Still expensive, but probably saves you gold in the long run -- much better than spending 15K chasing boxes. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yesterday was a very hectic start so I wasn't here early on. Once I got going, man, I simply didn't want to stop. For the first time in a long time, I cared about WoH. I had ridiculous box luck(2x Cooper) and my WoH boxes were awesome too(16/53 on Trammel repulls). Pennants are very time consuming to rack up so I probably loved that addition just as much as anything. Despite the intimidating cost to sims, I was actually cash positive(guessing around 2mill). 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts

Kruk did fine closing 5.10. I cycled three times. The funny part was the issues with RNG always came with the guys I had at 17/17.

I'm not going to put anyone at 20/20 this year unless they are an ATG. Just not going to do that for short-term guys. Not worth it.

I cycled the other tower three times within 1.5 hours.

Like I said, what kept me from cycling it five times was RNG hell on 4.10.

Was it harder? Absolutely!

Was if more fun? It could be.

Was it worth it? No, not for the cost of blue cash and the rewards. In my three cycles I got 2K LxP on all six pulls.

I share the exact same sentiment as you, @drsmartassphd. I will welcome the increased difficulty in WOH, but only if it is here to stay. Until then, my top WOH bats are staying at 12/12 skills. If I find myself with an lxp surplus (which is rare), then I will take the rental players to 16/16. If I ever do score an ATG bat, I won’t think twice about taking them to 16/16, and will save my gold to eventually go 20/20.

WOH has just been too easy lately and there has been no need to go beyond 12/12, even at gold. I will take the wait and see approach for now and try to stockpile resources until Monday. Honestly, the thought of WOH making a comeback excites me. This is EXACTLY what Glu needed to increase their retention as this year comes to an end.
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    Cybernetic Tower still not counting for Club challenges despite being HoF difficulty
    Got the following from CS. In other words, they are clueless.

” Thanks for contacting us. I hope you are doing well.
    I'm Pierre, and I'll be assisting you today.

I'm sorry to know that your Walk Off Hero Event completions are not being recorded on your Club Challenge page.

Kindly note that we are currently looking into this matter.

Not to worry though, as we'll be updating you on any news regarding your inquiry.

Sincerely,
    Pierre
    Glu Mobile Customer Care”
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I think everyone probably has different definitions of an "easy" WOH experience, too. "Easy" to me is cycling at will with 10-12 minute cycles at full speed and at least a 95% success rate on 5-10. "Easy" to someone else might be winning 60-70% of the time on 5-8 and 5-9. 

I was definitely cycling slower on tower 4 yesterday (maybe 25-30 minutes cycles) but I was autoplaying much less trying to preserve limited gold.  And losing a lot more autoplays than usual.