Options

TSB 2021

13Next

Comments

• Options
    blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    I've only been playing since Oct. Have to say, it's been pretty fun. Been happy with my progress and look forward to starting from the beginning to see how my team comes together. Altho I have a feeling the gifts have been more liberal cause it's the end of the season.
    It's been a nice change from Madden Mobile being able to keep players and level them up, instead of always having to get new players and swap em every couple of weeks. 
    With Keepers, do the players we keep stay the same in terms of max ovr? I just got Legend Langston and will keep him if he remains 580 max. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've only been playing since Oct. Have to say, it's been pretty fun. Been happy with my progress and look forward to starting from the beginning to see how my team comes together. Altho I have a feeling the gifts have been more liberal cause it's the end of the season.
    It's been a nice change from Madden Mobile being able to keep players and level them up, instead of always having to get new players and swap em every couple of weeks. 
    With Keepers, do the players we keep stay the same in terms of max ovr? I just got Legend Langston and will keep him if he remains 580 max. 
    -Gifts, rewards, etc. will always be friendlier as the season winds down. 

-if you value/prioritize club points, you will want new players for each event(atgs  are the exception as they are bonus players for two weeks); if you're more into team building, you don't 'need' to chase.

-keepers will scale and evolve periodically. For example, a 600 max keeper may have a keeper factor of .50 to start the year. That same 600 max keeper will then be a 300 max. If the keeper factor jumps to .55, that same keeper will now be a 330 max, etc. 

Also, welcome to the glu forums!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Game is a disease and addiction for many. I've seen too many people turn from casual players to spending thousands in a few short weeks. If you haven't been playing long, get away and invest your time into something else, you will be grateful you did. Best advice you can get.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    Somebody said it before but having weekday players incorporated into the weekend bonus players would be a good addition. There are just to many players required to play every two days. Also the stadium carry over would also be a good addition. On my club alone they lost 7-8 players due to this. I was given one of the accounts and it was ridiculous how much potential revenue lost from the decision not to this year. Some positives this year I think have been how much easier it is to gain XP of any kind. WOH has been much debated, IMO for the average player it was a bonus this year. Adding last year keeps to bonus sets were a nice touch. It’s a business and glu will continue to squeeze every nickel they can from it’s players good or bad. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I don’t disagree with you at all. I think there should be better repulls with woh. But it does matter with regard to pxp and lxp because they knew that eventually pxp would be worthless. All that matters now is lxp. My personal opinion is I like the box, but think there should be a gurantee maybe every 4-5 box. Still gives you the chance to pull him more, but also stops the 0-for streaks we all experience. 

My personal feeling is this year woh is better than last year with the 10x cycle rewards for mega tower. I seem to be making more lxp, but I don’t play nearly as much as other guys. Just my general feeling is woh seems easier this year and I’m making as much of more lxp. I guess I just feel like the bigger issue is obtaining the top level players vs. accruing lxp. But I also don’t go for and level every player, every event. 

Having had multiple horrible box odd experiences with WoH I was looking forward to last week's "unlocked" mega tower event. It made sense to me to start straight away with the unlocked tower which I usually don't have access to normal weeks anyway until around 4-5 hours into event because of time constraints. That has left ample time to get my 10 cycles in which as you said, is a worthwhile chunk of lxp when you decide to go p8 or better on the reward player and get decent pulls just to get the lxp. But I didn't get Cabrera in 3 cycles (9 boxes) which just killed all motivation for me and I stopped right there. I know it would have worked out eventually to some degree and expressed regret not continuing at first but after thinking more on it this week what is the point of an unlocked tower if you don't get the reward player in the number of cycles he's guaranteed once (!) in the lesser tower or even 1-2 more cycles of that lesser tower? Could I have gotten him on the next box? Sure but could I also have NOT gotten him in the next 10? Yup. GTFO with that nonsense.

Glu is only in the business of wasting your time or you wasting your money. If it takes you longer to "compete", so be it. They've crafted the perfect delivery method of a drug by both inducing winning and losing that results in the same outcome for them; you're more inclined to stay in app/keep coming back for more and spend if you have success and if you don't, the odds increase you will spend to make up for perceived lost time and take that immediate shortcut to "come out on top".
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I don’t disagree with you at all. I think there should be better repulls with woh. But it does matter with regard to pxp and lxp because they knew that eventually pxp would be worthless. All that matters now is lxp. My personal opinion is I like the box, but think there should be a gurantee maybe every 4-5 box. Still gives you the chance to pull him more, but also stops the 0-for streaks we all experience. 

My personal feeling is this year woh is better than last year with the 10x cycle rewards for mega tower. I seem to be making more lxp, but I don’t play nearly as much as other guys. Just my general feeling is woh seems easier this year and I’m making as much of more lxp. I guess I just feel like the bigger issue is obtaining the top level players vs. accruing lxp. But I also don’t go for and level every player, every event. 

Having had multiple horrible box odd experiences with WoH I was looking forward to last week's "unlocked" mega tower event. It made sense to me to start straight away with the unlocked tower which I usually don't have access to normal weeks anyway until around 4-5 hours into event because of time constraints. That has left ample time to get my 10 cycles in which as you said, is a worthwhile chunk of lxp when you decide to go p8 or better on the reward player and get decent pulls just to get the lxp. But I didn't get Cabrera in 3 cycles (9 boxes) which just killed all motivation for me and I stopped right there. I know it would have worked out eventually to some degree and expressed regret not continuing at first but after thinking more on it this week what is the point of an unlocked tower if you don't get the reward player in the number of cycles he's guaranteed once (!) in the lesser tower or even 1-2 more cycles of that lesser tower? Could I have gotten him on the next box? Sure but could I also have NOT gotten him in the next 10? Yup. GTFO with that nonsense.

Glu is only in the business of wasting your time or you wasting your money. If it takes you longer to "compete", so be it. They've crafted the perfect delivery method of a drug by both inducing winning and losing that results in the same outcome for them; you're more inclined to stay in app/keep coming back for more and spend if you have success and if you don't, the odds increase you will spend to make up for perceived lost time and take that immediate shortcut to "come out on top".
    I only play woh on Monday, because 10 cycles for those awards is more than worth it. I don’t need or want the player almost 100% of the time. To me 10 cycles even if every box is 2500 lxp if that’s what it is plus the cycle rewards it is worth my time. Anything beyond that is just bonus. Trust me I’d love a guranteed pull but reality is it’s not happening, and even if it does happen now, there’s like a month left in this game so who cares. Until they added the mega tower though woh wasn’t worth my time, now to me it is on mondays only. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Just sitting here in my solo club, logged on to play my season games like I still do 3-4 times per day and saw there is a Hoyt ATG. Don't get on here much anymore, but wanted to chime in on this thread just to say that if there was a, lets say, 200 count pity timer on this Brown box I would have spent $100 (or whatever) to get Hoyt. Since I know the likely outcome is spending $100 and walking away empty-handed, I closed the app and went back to work.

EDIT: Scratch all that $100 talk, just noticed you only get 25 boxes for $50. Would have to spend probably more like $400 (and probably still not get him).
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Just sitting here in my solo club, logged on to play my season games like I still do 3-4 times per day and saw there is a Hoyt ATG. Don't get on here much anymore, but wanted to chime in on this thread just to say that if there was a, lets say, 200 count pity timer on this Brown box I would have spent $100 (or whatever) to get Hoyt. Since I know the likely outcome is spending $100 and walking away empty-handed, I closed the app and went back to work.

EDIT: Scratch all that $100 talk, just noticed you only get 25 boxes for $50. Would have to spend probably more like $400 (and probably still not get him).
    Couldn’t agree more some kind of timer is necessary and I would spend. And the fact that we are still sitting at 0.5% for an atg in February is just sad.. ridiculous 
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I don't know about you guys, but out here in the "peoples republic" we got TSB2021 Last week and its awesome. They started the season with Legends and rumor has it Ken Griffey Jr, Pete Rose, Curt Schilling and a few others drop in the 100 gold box next weekend.

I scoff at you playing TSB20 when so much better is already here. and im 83.3564% sure its not a pirated copy.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited February 2021

I only play woh on Monday, because 10 cycles for those awards is more than worth it. I don’t need or want the player almost 100% of the time. To me 10 cycles even if every box is 2500 lxp if that’s what it is plus the cycle rewards it is worth my time. Anything beyond that is just bonus. Trust me I’d love a guranteed pull but reality is it’s not happening, and even if it does happen now, there’s like a month left in this game so who cares. Until they added the mega tower though woh wasn’t worth my time, now to me it is on mondays only. 

I couldn't remember why exactly but I knew I needed the player for something last week after I read your post. Then the gated EB showed up again this week with the 700g box as reward. I'm not naive, the reward in itself obviously has zero value but there were odds that I could have gone the whole length of that EB without getting the player and that is just dumb af if I was someone so interested in that box. At this point idgaf about any event/reward or lxp so it was easier to just avoid all frustration and stop. Also, I'm not talking about a box guarantee. I'm talking about the 1 time 3rd cycle guarantee of the HoF tower versus the 3x box reward per cycle of the Mega tower. There should be a one-time guarantee for the Mega.