Worth it to go Diamond?

SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
I'm curious if it's even worth it to go diamond?

So I'd say I spend $20-$30 a week on the game. 
Maybe not yet as I havent capped out upgrades etc, but would it be worth it to go Diamond at some point? Or they spending big in that tier?
Prev1

Comments

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    If you are willing to play thousands of bonus games a week, you could build your team fairly quickly if you buy the FP every Monday so you can one touch Sim each bonus game. You will also get the 30% discount with the FP which helps a lot as well. If you’re not willing to grind out bonus games, you’re wasting your time and will get frustrated easily.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    My experience in 19 with diamond is that it was cheaper in terms of my green cash but A LOT more expensive in terms of my time. I have plans of getting to diamond again this year, just not by yesterday like Glu seems to want me to be. That's a whole different topic though. I would say YES, diamond is worth it IF you are willing to spend hours a day inside the game each day. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    My experience in 19 with diamond is that it was cheaper in terms of my green cash but A LOT more expensive in terms of my time. I have plans of getting to diamond again this year, just not by yesterday like Glu seems to want me to be. That's a whole different topic though. I would say YES, diamond is worth it IF you are willing to spend hours a day inside the game each day. 
    💯 agree.  I will get there, too.  I am just not ready yet.  I am resource-poor, after going gold this weekend, but once I get all my upgrades to 60, and a little bxp stocked up, I will probably power through.  Maybe a month at gold...
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    To add to everything above, it is a must to cycle cap in WoH. If you don’t have the time/desire to commit to it regularly every Monday/Royale, gaining PXP/LXP (when they’re released) is a real chore for a while.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I went Diamond last July and it was fun and very time consuming. I'm retired so time is not an issue. However it is very costly to level up new players. Check out the leveling up costs for BXP,PXP, and LXP. It is substantial and Prime and Legend XP  will be scarce. Landing a shiny new player in a box may sit on your bench until you can acquire enough XP to bring him in. I had many good players that never saw the field due to that. I spend very little real money though so your mileage may very. Good luck !
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    I'm trying to slow down now as I know resource wise I am not ready for diamond. Think I will try to hang around in platinum for a bit. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This year's setup is much different than the red carpet that was laid out for diamond guys in '19. Sure, WoH is cake, but everything else got a face lift...and not the good kind. End of the day, it all depends on your idea of fun and how much time and/or money you're willing to spend.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    d1 pitchers wont cut it anymore?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Rippers said:
    Landing a shiny new player in a box may sit on your bench until you can acquire enough XP to bring him in. I had many good players that never saw the field due to that.
    This pretty much sums up my entire experience in 2019. 
    DFBB said:
    This year's setup is much different than the red carpet that was laid out for diamond guys in '19. Sure, WoH is cake, but everything else got a face lift...and not the good kind. End of the day, it all depends on your idea of fun and how much time and/or money you're willing to spend.
    Could you elaborate on the changes in Diamond that are NOT the "good kind" ?
    Rippers said:
    DFBB said:
    In one word: Cash. WoH is no longer the cash cow it was in '19. I made an average of 4-5 million cash each Monday in '19. Those days are gone. Without a sufficient cash flow, the diamond grind takes a significant hit. Also, as @dkarski87 referenced, pitching is extremely important. In '18, I had one d10 pitcher and that was the last week of the year. In '19, I was diamond for a few weeks before I 'needed' a d10 pitcher. I went diamond on Saturday. I have two d10 starters and it's not enough. At least, not enough to be efficient. 

Thanks DFBB. That great feedback for those thinking about making the jump again into the Diamond pool. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Rippers said:
    DFBB said:
    In one word: Cash. WoH is no longer the cash cow it was in '19. I made an average of 4-5 million cash each Monday in '19. Those days are gone. Without a sufficient cash flow, the diamond grind takes a significant hit. Also, as @dkarski87 referenced, pitching is extremely important. In '18, I had one d10 pitcher and that was the last week of the year. In '19, I was diamond for a few weeks before I 'needed' a d10 pitcher. I went diamond on Saturday. I have two d10 starters and it's not enough. At least, not enough to be efficient. 

So no more 20k win streaks?!

Seriously though, is it that you are facing more evenly matched teams more often than in 19 or is the hand-of-Glu at work here and purposefully impeding your progress to the end of a cycle?
    DFBB said:
    Rippers said:
    DFBB said:

So no more 20k win streaks?!

Seriously though, is it that you are facing more evenly matched teams more often than in 19 or is the hand-of-Glu at work here and purposefully impeding your progress to the end of a cycle?
    I noticed that at just under 3100 wins, I started to face the 'big boys.' Most teams will not beat them consistently enough to justify the costs of tourneys. These teams are already stacked and fully loaded. If you're a 'new' diamond team, it won't end well. 
  • Salwc2k01Salwc2k01 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Same question, different tier. I'm at Gold 6 right now and have all good players and pitching, hitting & few other upgrades maxed yet I can't put together more than a 15-20 game win streak. So, my question is do I stay at Gold 6 and just keep pouring my resources into the player's 2 Skill Levels or go Platinum? I'm tired of reaching 15-20 wins then losing to an inferior team (usually the game right after I refresh my energy). I can't even get past the 2nd round of tournaments or win level 6 rd 10 in WOH. I'm already into this game for close to $650.00. Anyone? 
    Salwc2k01 said:
    Same question, different tier. I'm at Gold 6 right now and have all good players and pitching, hitting & few other upgrades maxed yet I can't put together more than a 15-20 game win streak. So, my question is do I stay at Gold 6 and just keep pouring my resources into the player's 2 Skill Levels or go Platinum? I'm tired of reaching 15-20 wins then losing to an inferior team (usually the game right after I refresh my energy). I can't even get past the 2nd round of tournaments or win level 6 rd 10 in WOH. I'm already into this game for close to $650.00. Anyone? 
    WoH is considerably easier in platinum and the same guys that are inconsistent in gold will crush in platinum. As far as win streaks and success with tourneys, going platinum is the short term fix. Eventually, you'll face the same issues. That cycle won't end until you have a stacked team in diamond. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    So, if I'm understanding you right, the best strategy would be to build a stacked platinum team and save resources to make the diamond transition easier?
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Salwc2k01 said:
    I was in basically the exact same situation as you.
    I moved to platinum, and to be fair I'm definitely still winning and WOH is easier. I would have been around the same spent $ as you where you are now.
    The biggest problem is the building of resources. I went up to platinum before all of my upgrades were capped, and without a big stash of cash and xp saved up. It's made for very slow moving at platinum.
    Not to mention I found that at silver and gold, there was still plenty of matches to be had in homerun derby for building gold/cash. Now that I'm at platinum, theres nobody playing. It's dried up what I was planning on using as my primary method of making cash to upgrade.

Am I winning more? yes. So if that is your end game, then you could probably move up and you'll survive. But now that I'm here I wish I had waited until at least mid/end of May and built up more of a stash of xp and cash before making the move to platinum.
    Upgrade and player upgrade get expensive in Platinum. It's slow moving now.

I'm just wondering about even being worth it to go Diamond.
    cb11 said:
    So, if I'm understanding you right, the best strategy would be to build a stacked platinum team and save resources to make the diamond transition easier?
    This is what I'm understanding too. I'm just having a harder time building resources in Platinum as opposed to gold.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

Not to mention I found that at silver and gold, there was still plenty of matches to be had in homerun derby for building gold/cash. Now that I'm at platinum, theres nobody playing. It's dried up 

Yes! I didn't find a single hr battle while I was platinum.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Not to mention I found that at silver and gold, there was still plenty of matches to be had in homerun derby for building gold/cash. Now that I'm at platinum, theres nobody playing. It's dried up 

Yes! I didn't find a single hr battle while I was platinum.

No interest in carrying two teams in higher tiers I would imagine.

No true need to do that, though. Sure you can have your wih/cvc/sf/etc guys, but you dont have to 🤷‍♂️ I guess there are just more efficient ways of earning cash/gold in diamond (and I would assume most plat guys have their eyes on diamond).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

No true need to do that, though. Sure you can have your wih/cvc/sf/etc guys, but you dont have to 🤷‍♂️ I guess there are just more efficient ways of earning cash/gold in diamond (and I would assume most plat guys have their eyes on diamond).
    Actually, earning cash is the thing I'm having the hardest time what IS the most efficient way to earn cash?
    WOH? even if its not as good as before.
    I had a nice reply, but got that stupid "your comment will appear after its approved" thing and I just dont feel like putting in the effort to repeat that message. This message board sucks 
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    im at platinum 6 right now with all my best players at p10 should i max all my team upgrade at 80 or just the hitting and pitching before going to diamond?
    sucios08 said:
    im at platinum 6 right now with all my best players at p10 should i max all my team upgrade at 80 or just the hitting and pitching before going to diamond?
    I went diamond with 2 diamond bats(Torres and Belly) and six p10 bats. Royale Woh was reasonable and once I was in a stat boost club, it was absolute cake. At the time, my 'hitting' upgrade was at 84 and the other hitting ones were 60.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:
    I went diamond with 2 diamond bats(Torres and Belly) and six p10 bats. Royale Woh was reasonable and once I was in a stat boost club, it was absolute cake. At the time, my 'hitting' upgrade was at 84 and the other hitting ones were 60.
    So you were beating D10 pitchers in level 6 of Royale WOH with P10 bats?
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:
    IIRC,here are the diamond pitchers in royale:

1)5.10 is d1 Mills
    2)6.4, 6.5, 6.8-610 are d10 pitchers

I used Belly as my closer and Torres at 6.9(both were almost automatic, esp Torres). I used a p10 Manny at 6.7 vs a p10 lefty, my p10 custom vs 6.6, and a p10 Soto vs a 6.5 lefty. It wasn't always smooth, (6.5 was particularly painful at times), but it worked out. 6.8 Hendicks was a problem because I lacked depth. Once I got Eaton to D4ish, he was solid with a video boost. Once I got to 6.9, it was smooth. After I cycle capped Eaton, I joined a stat boost club and it was infinitely easier. 

I want to add that while WoH is cake in diamond, everything else is far from free. The blue cash squeeze is particularly tough unless you're willing to spend a decent amount of money. And of course, it's a major time sink.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:

1)5.10 is d1 Mills

I used Belly as my closer and Torres at 6.9(both were almost automatic, esp Torres). I used a p10 Manny at 6.7 vs a p10 lefty, my p10 custom vs 6.6, and a p10 Soto vs a 6.5 lefty. It wasn't always smooth, (6.5 was particularly painful at times), but it worked out. 6.8 Hendicks was a problem because I lacked depth. Once I got Eaton to D4ish, he was solid with a video boost. Once I got to 6.9, it was smooth. After I cycle capped Eaton, I joined a stat boost club and it was infinitely easier. 

I want to add that while WoH is cake in diamond, everything else is far from free. The blue cash squeeze is particularly tough unless you're willing to spend a decent amount of money. And of course, it's a major time sink.
    I have a question for you about the blue cash squeeze. Is it that cash is not given out as frequently? Or is it the fact that auto playing WOH costs more than it did last year? I know last year I would make a lot of blue cash from bonus games and then the gloves and balls. That seemed to be my main cash source. I’m just trying to understand if they changed that much or is it just from WOH where it’s more expensive and not as much of a cash cow as it used to be.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:

1)5.10 is d1 Mills

I have a question for you about the blue cash squeeze. Is it that cash is not given out as frequently? Or is it the fact that auto playing WOH costs more than it did last year? I know last year I would make a lot of blue cash from bonus games and then the gloves and balls. That seemed to be my main cash source. I’m just trying to understand if they changed that much or is it just from WOH where it’s more expensive and not as much of a cash cow as it used to be.
    Just my .02.....the increased cash cost, and the relative scarcity of it in 20 was to slow people down from cycling and gaining resources without paying for them.  Most people cant (blue cash) afford to just autoplay levels 1-7 each round if you're going to try and cycle cap.  Its forced people to manually play those levels, slowed them down considerably, and choked off the amount of resources flowing in to the game