Options

Prediction players

2Next

Comments

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I don't think they ever intended to do Sig primes this year. That Framber was in WoH weeks ago for exactly 1 event if anyone can remember. I think it was right after the season ended, around the Playoff Push box. This year's postseason with consecutive games and no travel made it probably too hard to time everything. Also, with the prediction players last year from London series, you could only pay for them. They weren't offered in the store at all i don't believe. I can't recall when there was another batch of prediction players but there may have been, also probably not in store.

Had I not pulled Mookie and Buckner on consecutive fp boxes this weekend I wouldn't have considered any of these players. I ended up spending around 4k gold to get all four. They are at least loyalty and cash generators for me. I am going to level any bxp guys regardless so why not these guys that would help with points and I could potentially trade in for pxp if one or 2 get lucky? I've said it before, gold is ephemeral in diamond and I have no problem throwing it a box cause I will just generate more. Though it doesn't always work out every event you can put up a nice chunk of points without spending. Just chuckle to yourself at the decision making at Glu headquarters and move on...
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think they had more then enough time to come out with SIGN primes this year. But it should have been done right at the beginning. Even if it was only 1 box a week with only 3-4 players in it. Then each week as the play off progresses drop another box with 3-4 players. Chances are, they are just riding out 20 and focusing on 2021 app already. 
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m hoping that they salvage the sig prime aspect by puting out a WS MVP box (i know its a long shot). But once the WS is set tonight they could drop the box tomorrow with 450/460 primes and whichever player wins WS MVP gets boosted to 500 or 510 max (if none of the players in the box win MVP, like a random Steve Pearce type, they could do a gift or bump them all to 480 or something). Would be a good way to offer up some solid players and add some intrigue to the series for guys like me with no rooting interest in the remaining teams.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Had I not pulled Mookie and Buckner on consecutive fp boxes this weekend I wouldn't have considered any 
    I tried to use a 'flex' giphy here, but failed. Just pretend you see the Hulkster flexing. lol

I think the predictor concept is pretty cool, but I was real disappointed with the execution. Or at least, it didn't move the needle for me. They were essential for anyone competing in the gauntlet or in a tough bracket. Had I landed legends on the cheap(see @dustyhunks ), I would've bought some too. It's fun to put up points. As it was, this was my weekend to chill. On to the next!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options

• Options
    edited October 2020
    2 things:

1. I know that gif doesn't really have anything to do with anything but it was what I thought of and glad I found it.
    2. I can post a gif

• Options
    joeyarsenault19joeyarsenault19 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    So Adames had a defensive play shown on MLB official twitter account. Will he be switched to Prime? I have him diamond 5. Will he be permanent diamond 5 Prime now?
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Yes if he will be converted to prime and stay at same level if he met the criteria.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    SMith got his 5 rbis
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I’m piling up points today with those great bonus points @GluSportsbIueleopard