Options

More x factors missing.

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Addressing the functionality where the bug lies.

But you're correct in the damage was done and that isn't being addressed for the many others our there that saw this happen to them.
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Addressed how? There are so many people missing so many skills that just vanished. CS claims to to replaced them. They never did, its impossible to keep track. I have so many, that I cant even trade the lower ones in anymore, it freezes my app. It takes 2-3min to trade in 1 skill.. The interface to trade them in is awful.
    The fact that it's hard to track is the reason why it's taking as long as it has.  This is something that's being done manually from account to account.  The overseas teams are taking entire shifts to do it until the update goes out.

This isn't something where we can give you boxes and gold and send you on your way.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I understand, why haven't you made mention of this in new section or in the game anywhere?  If you swap your skills, you lose them. People are still losing them day in day out,  you didn't even address the issue to the masses.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited November 2020
    There was a news post up briefly. Only the customer service team was made aware of it when the bug was confirmed at EOD Friday, and it didn't make its way to the Comms/Social Team. 

In a normal situation, such crises would be yelled about across the room.  We don't have that luxury and are still making adjustments.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    So what happens to all the lv10 skills that we were buying? Why would you change the trade in value without notice? I understand making the new higher level skills, you should've gave notice to people, so we at-least had the opportunity to trade the old ones in.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    So all the skills we’ve lost are just gone now? I sure hope once the bug is fixed we get something. I’ve bought a ton of those including multiple Cash purchases in the store for the 15 pitcher and hitter ones. I understand not doing anything right now but hopefully once it’s fixed we get something. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    In a normal situation, such crises would be yelled about across the room.  We don't have that luxury and are still making adjustments.

This is worrisome.

If someone yelled at me about an issue over cubicle wall, I'd tell them to f**k off and send me an IM or email like a normal person. But, I'd still get to it quickly if it were prioritized for me. 

I'm now putting together somewhat of a mental image of how the development teams work and interface with one another at Glu and it seems like a total shitshow.

We've been working remotely for several months and communication hasn't been much of an issue, so im just lost, I guess.
  • Options
    txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I think the correct answer to that is “the lack of give a sh*t as long as their pockets are still getting lined everything is fine” but I could be wrong 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2020
    JEDDDOGGY said:

This is worrisome.

If someone yelled at me about an issue over cubicle wall, I'd tell them to f**k off and send me an IM or email like a normal person. But, I'd still get to it quickly if it were prioritized for me. 

I'm now putting together somewhat of a mental image of how the development teams work and interface with one another at Glu and it seems like a total shitshow.

We've been working remotely for several months and communication hasn't been much of an issue, so im just lost, I guess.

You know, every time there's an update in the pipeline you can see in your respective app store all kinds of developers releasing updates as well, usually Monday or Tuesday at the beginning of the month but nothing from Glu. If I had to guess it would have to be Apple holding things up for them but what does that really say about the development going on. Why is it always a slog getting these fixes that affect large swaths of users deployed?
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Apple can hold things up, but its not the norm from my experience. 

If they had more of a focus on detail and quality assurance then they wouldn't need to deploy bug fixes so often. 

I see a couple huge things lacking, and that's communication and quality of work.

Jmo, obviously. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited November 2020
    There was a news post up briefly. Only the customer service team was made aware of it when the bug was confirmed at EOD Friday, and it didn't make its way to the Comms/Social Team. 

So what you are saying is that the you all are either still operating in a waterfall type of environment which GOOD development teams ditched years ago, or that your group has no idea how to properly operate in an Agile/SCRUM environment despite COVID. 

I find that hard to believe bc just about any company worth it's salt in these same situations are holding daily sprint calls with their teams on Zoom or Teams to take care of these types of issues with their products. I would know this because, despite not being a developer, I've witnessed it as part of a learning situation for what I do. Want to know what was really cool about it? One group was in the US and the other in India. Funny how that didn't stop my company, but then again, my company is ethical, but that's another story.

Based on my experience and what I've read on these forums the year plus I've been playing, this isn't an accident with GLU. This is SOP. You've got the customers money. You say you care, but reality is you don't. The customer, in order to get their money back, has to go through their bank, then Apple, then Apple would go to you.  You've got yourself a nice set up there with red tape and legal loopholes and you know it. That's why you won't fix a lot of basic things. When you make a mistake, it is a revenue generator for you. Not to mention that your customers are your beta testers on top of that, so that's yet another savings.

This X Factor fiasco is no different than the FP that never works where you acknowledge the customer doesn't get what they paid for, then "reward" the customer you screwed over with a "gift" that consists of about 10% of what they actually paid for....several days late.  I experienced that twice.

This is no different than boxes that didn't have players where customers dropped thousands in gold, only to get back 5% of what they spent as a "reward".

This is no different than several bait and switch packages that have been discussed here: BOWA - Never Forget...yet somehow some special players got to keep Bowa.

I could go on and on, but you get the point.

We do appreciate you coming in here and at least saying something, I guess.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

This is worrisome.

No, what he is doing is what GLU always does:
    Either ignore it until it goes away...OR...

Give some horsecrap excuse to hold the addicts over until it goes away.

They got the money. They don't care. We know how this goes.

At this point, we only have ourselves to blame for supporting this company.

This game is great. It really is. I just wish an ethical company got a hold of it and took over.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,787 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

This is worrisome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywL-NhLQUP4
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷