Options

New Strategy

Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
No legends, no field pass, save money, no problem! Actually very simple. 
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Don’t forgot play solo in a platinum or better club and NO RIGGED BOXES!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Staying silver allows you to have the legends and still be f2p. It’s a very simple life 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Staying silver allows you to have the legends and still be f2p. It’s a very simple life 
    You can be diamond and still be f2p. The only thing you'd sacrifice is club points.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    You can be diamond and still be f2p. The only thing you'd sacrifice is club points.
    Wouldn’t you also sacrifice time to cycle bg or is that not necessary?
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I never understood the whole F2P term. Does that mean you dont buy anything at all? So no field pass for auto-plays? no nothing? Seems hard to believe that diamond teams can be f2p without it. Also the discounts applied are a huge savior on resources alone, i dont think the term F2P exists this year, if it does.... Im curious what it entails.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Unfortunately I am Diamond. What I meant was that if I don’t pull a legend from the boxes because the glu gods don’t want me to pull em then I have no use for field pass and therefore would be saving the cost. I really don’t care about autoplay as it’s not that bad without it. I also wouldn’t have to level them up (cause I didn’t pull them) so I don’t purchase any bundles either which is additional savings, in addition 2 weeks from now or sooner there will be 540 legends and then 560 and so on and so forth. So Instead of getting mad I look at the bright side, no legends = curtailing my spending substantially. Just wish I had this practice sooner, would’ve saved a 💩ton of money. 🤷🏽 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    whynot said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    It's a game that you choose to play. By that logic, everything you do is a sacrifice of time. 

You don't have to do bgs either. You don't have to do anything. lol
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    I never understood the whole F2P term. Does that mean you dont buy anything at all? So no field pass for auto-plays? no nothing? Seems hard to believe that diamond teams can be f2p without it. Also the discounts applied are a huge savior on resources alone, i dont think the term F2P exists this year, if it does.... Im curious what it entails.
    True f2p is non vips with ads. 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    True f2p is non vips with ads. 

F*#k that non-sense. Ty for the explanation tho.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    While the only true F2p is as @dfbb describes it is often used to describe VIP’s who have made a decision to no longer spend, although occasionally you may buy field pass because your Cvc pulls were amazing.

Maybe we ought to update it to “kinda sorta usually f2p” KSUF2P
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    whynot said:
    While the only true F2p is as @dfbb describes it is often used to describe VIP’s who have made a decision to no longer spend, although occasionally you may buy field pass because your Cvc pulls were amazing.

Maybe we ought to update it to “kinda sorta usually f2p” KSUF2P
    Lol "oh im F2P (flexes)...since Friday."
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Nothing is free. Give your time, your money, or both. It’s a game. If you like winning and having fun with your team/club, then it will come at a monetary cost as well as your time. For every post that the “f2p” players make, that was 15-20 BGs they could’ve been closer to that D6 cycle. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    We all play for different reasons and there is no right or wrong way to play.  I have never been able to figure out why there is so much hostility towards other players on this board.  I mean glu gives us plenty of reasons to be hostile towards them, can’t we all be friends and direct our hostility towards them?

If I have ever given someone the impression that I think my way of play is better than theirs, you have my sincere apology.  The only “style” I object to is auto tapping and 3rd party apps like gg, that’s a constant battle for glu.  Personally I don’t do any glitches (bad bad memories) but if glu is stupid enough to put them out there then go for it. 

Yes I strongly object to points for gifts and wish glu would eliminate this, but my opinion on that is no different then the guys that want to get rid of the prime event.  This is a place to share ideas and humor, no need to be hostile.
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Ok so I’m not totally f2p. I bought a 1.99 package to stop the ads. My VIP carried over so I certainly have spent money in the past. There are many many many ways to play this game and none of them are wrong in my opinion. I never really spent money until I went diamond and felt that it was a necessity. This year I’ve tried a different approach and happen to be totally satisfied with staying  silver. More power to the guys that grind out bgs, tourneys, woh and prime events. Some of you guys are major grinders and I totally respect and appreciate what you do. I also compete against a lot of diamond teams that dont come close to my TS which makes me believe that they weren’t ready for the grind and should have stayed at lower levels like I did. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    You can be f2p at diamond sure... but being f2p at silver or gold allows you to still have a life outside TSB. After all time time is money. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Since I quit farming gold about a month ago, I'm at 55K gold today from the following:
    Hitting milestones, daily vid, ball park daily (from when I spent too damn much), EB events, achievements, and Daily Dinger. I save all my dinger tix for "up the middle days".  Yesterday alone I got 5K in gold on DD.

As for boxes, I just wait on freebies from CvC, gifts, and if the daily video thing has one.

Only issue for me this year is LxP but that was also part of GLU's plan. If there were blue LxP boxes in the store, that would go away, but here we are.

From this point forward, this is the route I'm going. Next year I won't move beyond Silver so the LxP squeeze won't hit as hard.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options

Since I quit farming gold about a month ago, I'm at 55K gold today from the following:
    Hitting milestones, daily vid, ball park daily (from when I spent too damn much), EB events, achievements, and Daily Dinger. I save all my dinger tix for "up the middle days".  Yesterday alone I got 5K in gold on DD.

As for boxes, I just wait on freebies from CvC, gifts, and if the daily video thing has one.

Only issue for me this year is LxP but that was also part of GLU's plan. If there were blue LxP boxes in the store, that would go away, but here we are.

From this point forward, this is the route I'm going. Next year I won't move beyond Silver so the LxP squeeze won't hit as hard.

If you join a club or place well in club events, you wont have lxp issues. 
  • Options
    Well you have to contribute in a club, nobody likes a mooch like @retirepujols or @TyroneEastwood. Those 2 just sit there all day and look pretty, def not good club-mates. But great lovers at least, ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Well you have to contribute in a club, nobody likes a mooch like @retirepujols or @TyroneEastwood. Those 2 just sit there all day and look pretty, def not good club-mates. But great lovers at least, ;)
    “Great” is a strong word. “Acceptable” is a more accurate term for their effort in the bedroom. Just my opinion I suppose....
  • Options
    TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

• Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    It's a game that you choose to play. By that logic, everything you do is a sacrifice of time. 

You don't have to do bgs either. You don't have to do anything. lol
    There you go Socrates, breaking out the philosophical theory of life of a TSB player.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    You can be f2p at diamond sure... but being f2p at silver or gold allows you to still have a life outside TSB. After all time time is money. 
    I think someone has said that once before in this forum🙋‍♂️
  • Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    DFBB said:

Your privileges are showing here. A large percentage of the TSB community is unable to be privy to membership in clubs that consistently (or even occasionally) garner the top club rewards. You've been spoiled by the "fame" you've acquired through this forum. Players want to join up with you, rightfully so. 

But that passive aggressive comment about just joining a club to get lxp really struck a nerve. I'm in a club of about half VIP members. We struggle for top 50s after playing all day. 

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    ☹️ You never even let me play with you ☹️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @dkarski87

@CanadaCubs
    @retirepujols aren’t gentle.  But their enthusiastic with their ventures 
  • Options
    DFBB said:

Your privileges are showing here. A large percentage of the TSB community is unable to be privy to membership in clubs that consistently (or even occasionally) garner the top club rewards. You've been spoiled by the "fame" you've acquired through this forum. Players want to join up with you, rightfully so. 

But that passive aggressive comment about just joining a club to get lxp really struck a nerve. I'm in a club of about half VIP members. We struggle for top 50s after playing all day. 

I'm in a club by myself. I don't even play all the events. If you're silver/gold, majors rewards are pretty darn good even if you don't place well. I barely hit the progress tiers on prime days(and often, not at all) and I'm quite happy. Obv, those rewards don't go very far in diamond, but at silver/gold, it's pretty good. 
    As far as your club, try a slight delay. It will do wonders. 

• Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

I'm in a club by myself. I don't even play all the events. If you're silver/gold, majors rewards are pretty darn good even if you don't place well. I barely hit the progress tiers on prime days(and often, not at all) and I'm quite happy. Obv, those rewards don't go very far in diamond, but at silver/gold, it's pretty good. 

Honestly, unless they’re in a minors club, that is probably the worst advice to give. If you’re in a majors club, you will get crushed by 50 teams better than you. Delayed or not. If you’re a silver/gold team in a a private cvc club, in a minors bracket, you’ll never get the points required to advance in this game.  When they release Cooperstown bracket, you’ll be even further behind the curve. If you want to be good at this game, you need a good club. The days of solo cvc clubs are done. Look at the club rewards. They outweigh the 19’ model by far
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

Honestly, unless they’re in a minors club, that is probably the worst advice to give. If you’re in a majors club, you will get crushed by 50 teams better than you. Delayed or not. If you’re a silver/gold team in a a private cvc club, in a minors bracket, you’ll never get the points required to advance in this game.  When they release Cooperstown bracket, you’ll be even further behind the curve. If you want to be good at this game, you need a good club. The days of solo cvc clubs are done. Look at the club rewards. They outweigh the 19’ model by far
    I was in a solo majors. I barely played and finished top 50. Majors have been soft for a very long time. I agree that silver/gold clubs really can't thrive solo, regardless if it's minors or majors, which is why I suggested that the good doc join a club. 
  • Options
    Yes, I have Ted, but he’s all I used and I played exactly 10 prime games. It got me: 500 gold, 14k lxp, 38bgs, 14.5k pxp, some cash and evo. It’s obv not amazing, but considering the effort I put in, it was great. 

• Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

I was in a solo majors. I barely played and finished top 50. Majors have been soft for a very long time. I agree that silver/gold clubs really can't thrive solo, regardless if it's minors or majors, which is why I suggested that the good doc join a club. 
    Oh I get that. But top 50 gives you nothing, you know that . But like most of us, you’re in a big boy club for the big events. Which means you’re in a top 4 club ultimately. I can’t help but to point out the elephant in the room here - your silver teams in idle clubs won’t make this game fun for you 🤷‍♂️.  Soon enough, you won’t be able to compete in woh HOF tower. Hate to be the bearer of bad news