Options

Recommendations On Removing RNG From WoH, While Keeping It Fun: This Is A No Whining Zone

2Next

Comments

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @DomerHomer: I know I wrote a novel, but you didn't read the part I wrote about Keuchel. I put an entire paragraph in there on how making that specific change makes the game more fun. It HAS to remain challenging. I'm not asking for a charity.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I don't know, man. I kind of completely disagree with your entire approach to walk off. We win 98% of the time in this game 👀 can't make it 100%
    This!

@drsmartassphd, dude, you've been whining about "Cheat-outs" "curve-outs" "pre-programmed outs" since I've been on this board (2 years).  Why don't you complain about the "cheat hits"?  You know the ones, the dribblers down the line that the first/third basemen run over, the one hopper bloops to short left field.  How many rounds have you won because of those cheat hits vs the ones you've lost to cheat outs.  
    You refuse to play past the gold level, and want to win 100% of the time.  Like @DFBB says, it you're not having fun, you're losing. 

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Lol 😂. They’re just animation sequences based on the numbers. Make your numbers better, and you’ll have more favourable animations. This isn’t rocket surgery 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options

Yeah, after reading this last comment, I realize many did not even read my OP. All good.

Only one or two replies have been about the content of my post, whereas the rest assumed I was whining about something else.

Not once in my OP did I say I deserved to win 100% of the time. I even spent a good portion of it complimenting the direction the event is going, but whatever.

TY to those who have replied to the actual content of the OP. I wanted a dialogue around some new ideas for the event, that's all.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Lol 😂. They’re just animation sequences based on the numbers. Make your numbers better, and you’ll have more favourable animations. This isn’t rocket surgery 

Yes. C'mon. I know that. The entire point of the OP was to discuss ideas on how to involve more skill and less RNG/animations. I already beat the other horse to death. This is the same reason I quit playing Madden series: it is just animations and not realistic in many areas. BC the game hasn't evolved from that, I quit playing it.

This is a new idea/discussion. Don't know why it is so difficult to think outside the box here. There are ways it can be done.

• Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts

Yeah, after reading this last comment, I realize many did not even read my OP. All good.

Only one or two replies have been about the content of my post, whereas the rest assumed I was whining about something else.

Not once in my OP did I say I deserved to win 100% of the time. I even spent a good portion of it complimenting the direction the event is going, but whatever.

TY to those who have replied to the actual content of the OP. I wanted a dialogue around some new ideas for the event, that's all.

Guilty.  So I went back and read your OP.
    Suggestion 1 would result in people losing on one pitch outs, that would probaly be received real well.
    Suggestion 2 is essentially what they did with the cyber tower.  If they followed your suggestion, then people would whine about Glu making WoH more of a money grab by forcing you to spend to upgrade your team to be eligible to play WoH.
    Suggestion 3 is asking them to adjust the RNG for easier pitches to hit.
    Rinse, repeat.
  • Options

@xracman: TY!!

1) Understood completely. Definitely would make it more challenging, but at the same time I could see a slow roller to the infield crushing some dreams quickly. Maybe the more runs you are down, the more outs you get. For example: 1.10 or 2.10 start with bases loaded and two outs. After all, not every Walk Off situation in real life is the same...

2) I liked Cyber Tower. I really did. It was the silliness of getting stuck on 4.10 on my fourth cycle that inspired these wacky thoughts. I used the same guy the first three times and cleared it, but it took a video retry each time. The goal here was to keep it challenging while removing that "luck" factor. Due to bad "luck", I just quit playing. I know GLU doesn't want me to quit playing. No reason anyone should have a player that is 17/17 skills that can clear all day, then all of the sudden they can't. So here is a recommendation for a happy medium.

My recommendations on "unlocking" a round is for the latter rounds, like 6 and up so you can keep bonus players on lower rounds. 

3) Well, no, that's not what I'm saying there either. Vary the pitches a lot more. Oftentimes we see a closer that we know has 3-4 different pitches, but you may only see two: Fastball and changeup. Have him roll out his entire buffet. My example of Keuchel this year and Eckersly last year made the point. Eckersly very rarely curved my guy out bc I used a 17/17 or 20/20 guy on him, always.  However, his pitches were VERY hard to time bc of the movement. He very rarely threw fastballs. Like Keuchel, it always took me a few tries to get him.

• Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @drsmartassphd - how would you feel about the following format - team building, skills and math continue to be the key driver of outcomes, but instead of impacting whether the pitches you see are hittable, they widen the range of the zones that will result in a hit.  I'm envisioning something like bash where there are specific directions that will result in a guaranteed hit, maybe with RNG to determine the 1B/2B/3B/HR component.  Pitches could all be hittable strikes, but pitch selection could be random, so timing would come into play.  In this way, some skill would be required to hit the target zones, but perhaps for a D10 batter with skills at 20/20 playing level 1.1, there would only be a tiny 0.5% sliver that will not result in a hit.  Team building aspects like upgrades could then result in a direct increase in the size of the target zones.  Personally I really like the existing setup because I can win with math instead of skill, but I've got an open mind...    
  • Options

@sandlotguru: We are on the same page here.

One of the compliments I gave in the OP was the fact that this year for WoH, you don't have to hit everything the other way. On certain pitches, you can hit to power alleys or down the line with solid results.

I like it! TY for the feedback. I also appreciate your honesty with your last line there!!

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    @drsmartassphd man I’ll give you a lot of credit. You take a major beating on here but keep coming back for more! I didn’t take your op as whining or wondering “what am I doing wrong?” You’re clearly thinking outside the box and are trying to come up with new ideas and there’s nothing wrong with that. The vast majority of us accept the game for how it is, figure out what we need to do and then go do it without questioning if there’s a new or better way. Keep the ideas coming! There are a few things that I would like to see change but I don’t feel like hearing the obvious answer-go diamond. It shouldn’t matter what level that you are I feel that Glu should want to keep EVERY player engaged not just the boys at the top.
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

• Options
    @mythicaldragon: Didn’t you just quit WoH? If so, you’re one I’d like to hear from too. Your meme is funny but doesn’t apply here.

What changes would have you playing WoH?

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts

With less WOH, there’s more time for this ⬆️ 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    with less woh and cold weather there’s a whole lot of time for that 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @mythicaldragon: Didn’t you just quit WoH? If so, you’re one I’d like to hear from too. Your meme is funny but doesn’t apply here.

What changes would have you playing WoH?
    Yeah sorry buddy.. I just couldn’t help myself 😬 I feel the blue print for how to be successful at woh has been well covered. I understand that’s not ur beef here.. you simply want it to be more skill based. I honestly don’t know how they do that..and not gonna pretend like I do. 🤷🏻‍♂️ The closest skill based game in Tsb is dingers,derby and bash if you manually play of course. I honestly don’t have any issues with woh difficulty and the rng. Woh is why I’m here ultimately I wouldn’t be here playing if I hadn’t wanted to build a team to beat woh. That’s what hooked me 🤷🏻‍♂️. I used to get up 2 hrs early from the night shift in 18 just to cycle woh before work couldn’t wait to see what player would be available etc. It was awesome! Fully engaged as just about everyone was yes the Diaz days were brutal but I’d take that over the current set up any day. 
    So to ur question.. it’s very simple for me..I’d play for a current top overall player 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m not chasing 520s or 525s when 535s are in the store... I want the best players available not a second rate player. I also don’t want to cycle multiple times as my days are busy. So I say make harder but make the player a current top overall player. 🍻