Options

Early returns on Davey?

buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
Is he getting the job done?

Comments

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I can really only answer for my experience at bronze(I just upgraded him to silver) but the first pitch skill has been pretty poor in gameplay due to the pitchers throwing balls on the first pitch the majority of times that I’ve used him. He did fine in the little bit of woh that I played but I can’t say yes or no for woh. As the season goes on and the pitchers get better I’m sure that his skills will be more beneficial. Bench with first pitch and HH hasn’t done much either but I can see both being on my active roster way longer than my previous keepers. 
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    3rd by BA for me out of those with 100+ games. Comfortably behind Chipper Jones but ahead of Cal Ripken. 
  • Options
    buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Thanks for the report! I’m trying to decide between Davey and Gary Carter as my righty keeper. I’m definitely bringing Hrbek since he’s my only 610 lefty so if go with Davey, I’ll be all-in on First Pitch.  :#
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    The biggest question does his skills work like the aren't supposed to
  • Options
    jcrow22jcrow22 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    I brought over Davey, Olerud, and Chipper.  Through 600 games, Davey is on par with double vs RHP Olerud.  Both are out performing Chipper.  
    Davey has basically been a switch hitter for WOH.  
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    He has been good. I have his skills almost to pxp and he is 2nd in BA behind my other keeper Snow. Low levels will have really bad BA and if you haven’t invested In skills much he will likely be sub par. Just how it works with keepers and the game early on. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I have both Davey and Snow at 8/8 on skills and Davey has the best stats on my team. Davey also crushed Snell last night(with a video boost, plat).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

If you're not having fun, you're losing.