Options

4-26-21: Pick'em Odds and notes....

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
1)Brunes:10 or more K's?

He's hit 10k+ in 3/4 starts this year. He's projected for 8.5Ks today. I'm going with 'No,' mainly because...gut feeling. Yeah, not exactly scientific. Well, odds too, but 'gut' is more manly.  

2)Burnes: 90 or more pitches?

He's been below 90 pitches(all 6inns or more) in 3/4 starts this year and that's with things going extremely well. They could be building arm strength(93 pitches in his last start), but meh. 'No' for me.

3)Ohtani(as SP): 7 or more Ks?

He's had 7Ks in each of his two starts thus far, but is projected for 6Ks today. I'm going with 'yes,' but mainly because I'm a homer. :)

Anyone else have thoughts, please share them. Could be fun and if nothing else, we'll all have a record of how terribly wrong we are. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I went no on all 3. Mainly because it was a strategy of my main pizza man, jimmyj39. 
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    My strategy the last couple weeks has been, to read each one and go against what I actually think. Mostly because I’m a mush and this has been working. I completed woh last week and 1 away from BG now. 
  • Options
    My strategy the last couple weeks has been, to read each one and go against what I actually think. Mostly because I’m a mush and this has been working. I completed woh last week and 1 away from BG now. 
    Nice! In all seriousness, these are really tough. I'd never advise anyone to pay to shuffle because essentially, it's a 3 team parlay. 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Strategy-YYY. Works occasionally. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I was going to say I'd suggest answering the same thing for both Burnes options whether that be yes or no. However, based on your data that doesn't seem to be the trend lol. 

So, back to flipping coins!
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited April 2021
    This is helpful. Thank you. My pick’em performance has been abysmal. I have considered it might help to watch a baseball game, look at a box score, or review the standings; but I decided against it. Go Expos. 
  • Options
    BAng!!!  

Burnes: 9Ks (no)
    Burnes: 87 pitches(no)
    Ohtani: 7Ks(and counting)...yes!!!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    flip a coin, same thing as guessing pickems.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy