Options

Pick'em Notes and odds for 5-4-21:

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Okay, I wasn't going to do one today, but there's pxp on the line!

1)Yankees : Win against the Astros?
Basically, a coin toss(Yankees are slight favs at -122) with Greinke and German pitching. I'm going with 'Yes.'

2)Stanton: 1 or more hit balls with exit velo over 105 mph?
I'm reading this as 1)it needs to be a hit and 2)the exit velo is at least 106mph. I'm going with 'No.'

3)KB: 1 or ore XBH(4:40pm PT):
This is the 2nd of a scheduled double header(each game is scheduled for 7 innings). Bauer is on the mound for the Dodgers and it's not a lock that Bryant will even play. I'm confidently going with 'No.'

Gl everyone!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    see see this is where wording is everything. I read the 2nd as just a hit ball, whether it’s a line drive, deep fly out, etc. as long as he “hits a ball” regardless of outcome with 105+ exit velo it would count. If it was a hit, should say “has a hit with exit velo of 105”
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah the way I read it was that anything would count, as in even a foul ball.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah the way I read it was that anything would count, as in even a foul ball.
    This is why i went with 'hit,' as in, reaching safely. Taken literally, I'd read it exactly as Jed did. In the past, when they've been vague with the questions, they've accepted both responses. We'll see how they handle this one. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    should be a freebie, open to interpretation.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I got some clarity and you guys are correct and that's part of why I listed my logic. Any ball in play with an exit velo of 106+ is the explanation I was given. Man, if I was smart, I'd probably ask about this an hour ago. Meh. That's boring. lol
  • Options
    Stanton's homer was exactly 106mph....prob should recheck to make sure it wasn't 105. Grr!
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Bryant also has a double. This is what makes these things so difficult. It really is nothing more than a guess.