Options

Upgrades are a waste

xixsidesxixxixsidesxix Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
FYI: no matter how much you upgrade your team upgrades it won’t help your matchups. Save your gold!
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Who are you? And why would we assume an account with 3 posts has any credibility? 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Also, why are you spending gold on team upgrades?  Unless you are at 84 or higher, that’s all cash for me
  • Options
    Because I have a private line chat with Dkarski and CheaterTyrone. Two smartest guys to ever download the game.
  • Options
    😂
  • Options
    On a serious note. He's correct. Spend 300k gold on upgrades for literally no performance. It's bullshit tbh. Still lose to teams 70k lower
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan yes I’m speaking about upgrades above 84.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    In years past there was a noticeable difference in CvC, but that was about it. I tested this a little last year, when I refused to raise my team upgrades past 10 because of the major blue cash shortage of 2019 (will be remembered and told to great great great grandchildren). At some point I was diamond and still had them at 10, had loads of cash from hoarding it, and in one fell swoop I pushed them all from 10 to around 70. Zero noticeable difference.

So yeah, I can totally buy this.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    In years past there was a noticeable difference in CvC, but that was about it. I tested this a little last year, when I refused to raise my team upgrades past 10 because of the major blue cash shortage of 2019 (will be remembered and told to great great great grandchildren). At some point I was diamond and still had them at 10, had loads of cash from hoarding it, and in one fell swoop I pushed them all from 10 to around 70. Zero noticeable difference.

So yeah, I can totally buy this.
    Undoubtedly work for cvc. Definitely  not events
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    But hey. All the power to glu. They have a system where we dump gold/bcash into upgrades that do nothing. And we all do it 

Edit: and pitcher skills 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    But hey. All the power to glu. They have a system where we dump gold/bcash into upgrades that do nothing. And we all do it 
    It makes my TS go up by like 15 points. Who wouldn’t do that!
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Well, that sucks. I just got 1,000 pennants from my fan "rewards" box  :(
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    Well, that sucks. I just got 1,000 pennants from my fan "rewards" box  :(
    Yeah they never changed the 1 I had already pulled. So I had to go through again
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    In 20 that Clutch Performance upgrade made a big difference in WOH for me at Diamond. I was struggling and after I took it to 84 I almost never needed to replay a level.
  • Options
    they at they are just to good to us @TyroneEastwood
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I have believed in them less and less by the year.   I am at the point where I think hitting coach matters and not a ton else.    Although maybe I should rephrase that a little.   The cost to upgrade compared to what they actually give you back I dont think its worth it for the average player.
    This year I may not be the best person to test since I am only a gold team but I have zero for clutch and I clear WOH with no issues   
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I have believed in them less and less by the year.   I am at the point where I think hitting coach matters and not a ton else.    Although maybe I should rephrase that a little.   The cost to upgrade compared to what they actually give you back I dont think its worth it for the average player.
    This year I may not be the best person to test since I am only a gold team but I have zero for clutch and I clear WOH with no issues   
    This is 100% my feeling. I will always go go 84/100 but won’t spend gold beyond the cash to level them. In my 5 years playing I love never gone over that and I’ve never really struggled much at diamond with woh etc. It takes so much gold to compete daily that I can’t justify the 68k gold per upgrade to cap them anyway. I don’t fault anyone for doing it but I just don’t think the return is ever there for me on the cost. I can stay top 150 in WR as is and I won’t ever be competing for a higher ranking so the trade off for the cost just isn’t there for me. 
  • Options
    If you take Hitting coach 84-100+ trainer, we shouldn't have to even wonder  lol. It should be 100% noticeable 
  • Options
    If you take Hitting coach 84-100+ trainer, we shouldn't have to even wonder  lol. It should be 100% noticeable 
    absolutely agree.   The gold it costs to get you there should be very noticeable and I dont think it is.   Its for sure not something I would recommend for most players
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you invested/capped upgrades in years past and didn't do it this year, all the power to you. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB so you agree they are worthless?
  • Options
    This is 100% my feeling. I will always go go 84/100 but won’t spend gold beyond the cash to level them. In my 5 years playing I love never gone over that and I’ve never really struggled much at diamond with woh etc. It takes so much gold to compete daily that I can’t justify the 68k gold per upgrade to cap them anyway. I don’t fault anyone for doing it but I just don’t think the return is ever there for me on the cost. I can stay top 150 in WR as is and I won’t ever be competing for a higher ranking so the trade off for the cost just isn’t there for me. 
    Right how much is 68K gold worth?   To about 99.9% of players a lot so in terms of what it makes sense to spend your gold on, I wouldn't prioritize it
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It's a bigger issue and needs more attention than it's getting.  In the community  it's a running joke that they dont work. So why  is it a feature? Blatant robbery tbh. 
  • Options
    The player base deserves an explanation 
  • Options
    @DFBB so you agree they are worthless?
    I believe in the basic ones. I'll have the ones that are important(to me) capped in a few weeks. 
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It's a bigger issue and needs more attention than it's getting.  In the community  it's a running joke that they dont work. So why  is it a feature? Blatant robbery tbh. 
    I think the same could be said for pennants, upgrades, and pitcher skills. 
  • Options
    Pennants definitely help. I will  say that. I've logged it. And I know @DFBB has too
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Why would they do that though cubbies? We all dump resources and money into upgrades that MAY OR MAY NOT even do anything.  Did you see that 600bg special they threw at us yesterday. Thats is the biggest troll job I have ever seen in my life. They handicapped so many players, cant win a fuk1n game, but hey dont worry... Just buy more bgs and keep playing, you will win 1/10 games. Fukk outta here.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    It seems like they keep most things under lock and key because they turn the levers on and off for different reasons. If we knew how the hamburger was made in every area, we'd know what they did and when they did it. In legal terms, There has to be a law for something to be against it. So if there's no law, they're not doing anything wrong, in their estimation. The less they reveal, the less we know. 
  • Options
    This is the one game I play that I would never recommend to anyone 😂
  • Options
    Pennants definitely help. I will  say that. I've logged it. And I know @DFBB has too
    I think pennants help, but I don't fast play because I'd rather allocate my gold towards upgrades. In regards to 'wasting gold,' I will say this: I never feel like crap when I spend gold on upgrades. I've lost count on how often I felt like puking after a chase gone wrong(way more often that I'd like to admit). 
This discussion has been closed.