Options

Puzzle Timer

JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
Pardon the newb-ness of this question but being non-diamond until now I haven't payed much attention. Has there always been a timer on the puzzles?

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    Pardon the newb-ness of this question but being non-diamond until now I haven't payed much attention. Has there always been a timer on the puzzles?
    It's currently at 15 seconds and as of last night, was only on the most recent ios update(yesterday). I'm guessing android will get the update very soon.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    So it is something new not something I had overlooked. Cool... lets add some pressure to the puzzles lol. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    From what I have heard, tappers already have workaround. They should focus on other things. Stuff like this just makes the game unplayable for the 99.9% of users that don't auto tap. I mean, I guess I've gotten used to the puzzles and its not so annoying as it was when first introduced, but if they keep adding layers to it (now a timer?) then at some point its going to be too much.
  • Options
    "tappers already have workaround" anyone shocked by this?!? It's just like in the non-tsb world, the criminal/hacker/whatever is always at least one step ahead of the regulators. This is not a statement against the tappers as much as an agreement with your point to just focus on a playable game with all things actually working (i.e. club challenge points on Monday's).  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    From what I have heard, tappers already have workaround. They should focus on other things. Stuff like this just makes the game unplayable for the 99.9% of users that don't auto tap. I mean, I guess I've gotten used to the puzzles and its not so annoying as it was when first introduced, but if they keep adding layers to it (now a timer?) then at some point its going to be too much.
    I agree that there's a fine line in slowing things down(they'll never stop it completely) and compromising the experience for everyone else. Imo, they should always error on the side towards the the 99% that isn't cutting corners. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    When you say the other 99% that aren't cutting corners, what does that exactly imply? Cause its sounds like certain things are OK, (glitches within the game) but other things such as auto-tapping are not. Just curious where the line is drawn exactly. For all those people who preach death to auto tappers, are you so innocent to admit that you have never "exploited" any of the glitches the arise from the game? Seems like people are OK with some things but other things are not. Bit of double standard isn't it?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    or is hypocrites a better choice of words here @Bigpredfan? Wanna make sure I get right words here, lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    For me it’s all encompassing.  Jail for autotappers, hackers or glitches but I would be equally happy if glu made it clear what is and isn’t allowed.  Just level the playing field.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    So lets use that draft pick "technical" issue as an example here. There was a limited window a few weeks ago, not sure the exact date and time but after the fact it was posted in the news announcement (go figure the one time they use the feature). Basically some glitch in the system that basically levelled any player pulled up to your tier, g1, p1 and d1 I believe it was. I know for a fact that some of the very people on here that breach "level playing field" and basically the same point of view that you have @whynot were all over the LINE chats telling folks to start opening draft picks to take advantage of the limited window. That's my only point here, people are OK with some things but other things of a similar nature (level playing field for all) and blast people for it.  The game will never be an even playing field, how can someone be on the same level as a dude that spends $2500  a week on the game to a guy that spends 20$ a week for his FP. The game will never be an even playing field, especially more so now where you basically have to buy everything instead of earning it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options

In an effort to educate some I have included the definition of hypocrite for reference. 

As you can see it does not include a person who has learned from past mistakes and has changed.  Nor does it include someone who wants the rules changed, but continues to follow the current rules (i.e. accepting points to compete as all others do, but at the same time, promoting a rule change to disallow it).
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Ty
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    So lets use that draft pick "technical" issue as an example here. There was a limited window a few weeks ago, not sure the exact date and time but after the fact it was posted in the news announcement (go figure the one time they use the feature). Basically some glitch in the system that basically levelled any player pulled up to your tier, g1, p1 and d1 I believe it was. I know for a fact that some of the very people on here that breach "level playing field" and basically the same point of view that you have @whynot were all over the LINE chats telling folks to start opening draft picks to take advantage of the limited window. That's my only point here, people are OK with some things but other things of a similar nature (level playing field for all) and blast people for it.  The game will never be an even playing field, how can someone be on the same level as a dude that spends $2500  a week on the game to a guy that spends 20$ a week for his FP. The game will never be an even playing field, especially more so now where you basically have to buy everything instead of earning it.
    I totally agree with this statement, except for one thing.  Simply because a guy spent $2500 vs $20 doesn’t tilt the playing field, it’s still level IMO.  They are simply approaching the game in 2 different ways, the guy spending more SHOULD have a huge advantage and tight wads like me just have to accept it and adapt.

Now, when are you going to come drop dem points and put me in 1st @dkarski87?  🤣😛😛
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    @TyroneEastwood can help you out.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @TyroneEastwood can help you out.
    Tyrones busy running his family restaurant/adult theater...but the shit that is going on, is killing the game. I'm aware of both ends of the spectrum. best advice, just fking leave. Game is done. Hand the hat to Skillz
    "If you can't beat them, report them"