Options

News Redefined by Ole Blue

whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
edited July 2021 in General TSB Discussion

Hmmm…. So I guess COVID wasn’t news until the vaccine came out?
I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
- Blueleopard

Comments

• Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    yup... exactly what I was referring to in the "props to glu" post that may or may not ever see the light of day. It is "pending review" now. 
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    My favorite is the immediate closure of the suggestion. Not even a change at rebuttal to say this is what I am talking about when I say use the news to tell us of a problem. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    They don't want to publicly post the issues, that's the thing here. They already look so incompetent as it is, why add more fuel to the fire. His response to whatever that post is is idiotic. The whole point of having a news bulletin board is make people aware of issues. "hey tappers, we noticed that the Club Achievements are working as intended, we are working on it, Thanks.".  Simple and easy.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Exactly!  It needed reposted.  If these guys ever had to get a real job dealing with customers they would probably get punched in the mouth.

Ya got to love when blue puts his foot in his mouth and ignites the forum. 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited July 2021
    It seems I struck a cord. <3

In regards to THIS thread.  I didn't close it.  Not to point the finger at DFBB, but he was simply following the rules.  If you have a problem with me, you can take it to a PM.

To go into greater detail and for the sake of transparency, JTANDME used the specific situation of what happened with the Club Challenges earlier this week.  This was eventually addressed with a Global Gift.  If you didn't see it, well, I don't know what to tell you.  We admittedly did not put anything in the news about it. Why? The reason being is we didn't believe it was best to draw attention to it, and then have CS end up in a pile of tickets about something that was already settled.  You already know how long it takes for them to get back to you.

In light of all this, I've brought up the concern with the team, and I was immediately given this response:

"We'll look at this as an opportunity for continued improvement. Let's err on the side of over-communicating."

If I truly didn't believe in our staff and what we were doing, I wouldn't be here. 

I'll leave this open so you can continue to put feet in my mouth. I'm hungry.  For the record, I've been the one handling all the Derby and All-Star gifting and posting -- so that's why didn't I say anything yesterday.
  • Options
    The problem is, the game has been going down-hill for a long time now. Maybe your sales say otherwise but that's because your business model is basically praying on addicts. Everyone is open to their own view on this but that's the case of how many view this game now. I love it when people say, well just dont play simple as that. Or just play for fun, its a game after all. Its a game that costs thousands of dollars to play. The fact that you cant "earn" anymore, you have to "buy" everything has really pushed so many people away. Can you still make money without bleeding people dry? Of course you can, you choose not too. I dare you to take some sort of game wide survey and look at the results you get, it might open your eyes alittle to how bad this game really is. Its not just this year, the last few years we have seen the greed and true colors of GLU really stands for.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Even your own VIP Council member try and address issues with you guys and you just shrug it off. You really things its realistic and fair that it takes hundred and hundreds of dollars to level prime players? (its better now that you are bascially just handing it out, lets go go back 3-5 weeks ago). That's not even considering the fact it takes hundred of boxes and $ to pull those players in the first place. Levelling them is just as bad. The problem is, you guys pull the same shit every single year. You make changes and adjustments and then revert back to your dickhead ways of greed. Then in about 1-2 weeks you make changes again and come out looking like you did everyone a a favor when really those changes were already done in the past, and simple overshadowed. I would love to hear your perspective on this Blue. How many of your staff actually play this game casually and not for work? Do you think they enjoy the product they promote? I bet you the answer is No. You really think Soto or Acuna would be playing this game solving puzzles every 6-9mins? Who are you kidding.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I would just be happy with communication to begin with.  Seems to me the news section should be used to communicate issues that pertain to the game, not just glu promos.  If there is a problem let the masses know you are aware of it and are working on it, like you do occasionally.  As a player I not only appreciate it but feel it shows a little respect, seems it should also reduce the redundant cs messages not increase them.

Then again, what do I know, I’m just a very small fish in a forum full of whales.
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited July 2021
    I would just be happy with communication to begin with.  Seems to me the news section should be used to communicate issues that pertain to the game, not just glu promos.  If there is a problem let the masses know you are aware of it and are working on it, like you do occasionally.  As a player I not only appreciate it but feel it shows a little respect, seems it should also reduce the redundant cs messages not increase them.

Then again, what do I know, I’m just a very small fish in a forum full of whales.
    Remember when xfactors were disappearing last year and then glu never addressed it via news? Or when all star levels stopped giving extra gold. I wonder how many people didn't get proper compensation, or even knew it was an issue. There's literally countless situations like this. So when blue gets on here saying how they're trying to improve things I can't help but laugh. Must be trying to improve by doing everything the same 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Theres an epic rant from a retired player (whammo911) from 2020 version. The comment was obviously deleted. But, I believe @mythicaldragon would remember it. Legendary assessment of the direction of this game. Ironically,  I took over his account, and gave it away to a die hard player...who has quit also. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    whynot said:

We do.  Admittedly not as much as we should, but we do.

And then when we do on Twitter, we're met with responses ridiculing us for fixing whatever we're fixing instead of what ever they prefer we fix first, and those get followed by more reactions which makes the negative take away from the positive we try to reinforce.

I understand that comes with the territory, but it's taxing.

Alas, as I said, "over-communication" is gonna be new focus for us now, so bear with us.
  • Options
    buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts

And then when we do on Twitter, we're met with responses ridiculing us for fixing whatever we're fixing instead of what ever they prefer we fix first, and those get followed by more reactions which makes the negative take away from the positive we try to reinforce.
    You’re surprised by ridicule on Twitter?? Ridicule is the primary function of Twitter. I don’t see anyone on here suggesting that you communicate these issues on Twitter. They’re saying use your own app and forums.
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Theres an epic rant from a retired player (whammo911) from 2020 version. The comment was obviously deleted. But, I believe @mythicaldragon would remember it. Legendary assessment of the direction of this game. Ironically,  I took over his account, and gave it away to a die hard player...who has quit also. 
    Yes! I remember that one 🙌 should have taken screenshots. 

So many things I could say about the direction of this game but they’ve all been said until blue in the face by myself and countless others. Plus dk pretty much covered it in this thread 👍🏻. That and I’m just kinda over it… that zest for this game is near gone the want to point out already exhausted issues that falls on deaf ears. However I Sincerely hope they make changes and listen at some point.