Options

Recent Improvements

jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
Not to get to complimentary of Glu (I know that’s frowned upon here), but i’ve been happy with some of the changes lately and noticed another subtle one today:

Bumping up the points for players of a certain team and changing it from hits to RBI gives us at least a chance to score a bit without having to hunt boxes. When u add that to the reduced sets (yesterday) and WOH getting a yuge boost the past two weeks, my engagement level is increasing a bit.

Still plenty of room to get better but i figured id point out this change so guys can update their lineups accordingly (if ur in my bracket please disregard). 

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I think the increase in pxp is as great, woh is fun again(although tedious), I do think the prime guarantee is much better than the bxp guarantee. Meaning, I think what they have in place now is better than what it was. I still think odds are too low in respect to how often we are expected to chase New players to compete for the better awards. I think a lot of people are confusing the 2. The prime guarantee can still be improved, but that doesn’t change the fact odds In general and top player guarantee should be worked out. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited July 2021
    I think the increase in pxp is as great, woh is fun again(although tedious), I do think the prime guarantee is much better than the bxp guarantee. Meaning, I think what they have in place now is better than what it was. I still think odds are too low in respect to how often we are expected to chase New players to compete for the better awards. I think a lot of people are confusing the 2. The prime guarantee can still be improved, but that doesn’t change the fact odds In general and top player guarantee should be worked out. 
    You're right on all aspects. Prime odds are still low but a guarantee takes the sting out a little bit. Being bxp starved I definitely welcome the increased pull rates of bxp players they won't make my roster but the re-pulls are critical and the bxp from trade-ins once new boxes come out help out enormously. I actually want the bxp players now more than the prime players. WoH has now become critical again for me. For Royale the bxp boom is what I need and Monday walk off hero I can actually target players I need or go down a level and play for bxp. These changes definitely got me engaged again. Watching videos for gold again. They still have a lot to figure out with the horrendous prime pull odds but this is definitely a good start. If at least showing a little good faith.
  • Options
    From the research I've done, the worst gacha (loot box) systems in all of mobile games are like 1 percent. If they could just make their odds for the top prize consistent with the worst games, and not have it be worse than the worst games, I think it would go a long way with people. I know I'd be more willing to open my wallet if the chance of disappointment was a bit lower.

I keep thinking maybe if we all complain loud enough, they'll hear us. But so far, nope.

It's no surprise that most discussions are now derailed by complaints regarding box odds. Come on, Glu. Let's fix this.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    From the research I've done, the worst gacha (loot box) systems in all of mobile games are like 1 percent. If they could just make their odds for the top prize consistent with the worst games, and not have it be worse than the worst games, I think it would go a long way with people. I know I'd be more willing to open my wallet if the chance of disappointment was a bit lower.

I keep thinking maybe if we all complain loud enough, they'll hear us. But so far, nope.

It's no surprise that most discussions are now derailed by complaints regarding box odds. Come on, Glu. Let's fix this.
    Yeah I agree with you. 1% seems like the bare bone minimum that should be in a box, at the very least the 500 box. The problem is it’s .5% and now they added 2 foils to chase. I’d even be less opposed to the .5% if it was 1 top prize and he was as guaranteed on 100k gold. I spend that most weekends anyway so at the very least I’d get the top guy. I just don’t like that they keep expanding the unicorn. Now the top guys are .25% and you have to hope you don’t repull the one may have already got. But like I said, it’s a different argument. I think the changes have been great, but to me the low odds and a better guarantee are still Needed. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Adding to this. I don’t play any other mobile games or really any games for that matter. So I can’t tell you where .5% and .2% rank amongst worst odds. What I can tell you is it feel awful. On no world should someone spends hundreds of dollars and/or hundreds of thousands of gold to not get the top players. It happens far too often in this game and that’s a problem. Especially when we are overturning our rosters if not weekly, every other week. Just like it’s a business for glu I expect things to cost, not everything should be free. It’s also just a game and should be fun. A lot of the time when you chase even if you get lucky and eventually get your guy, it’s not fun anymore. I think there is a middle ground for glu to keep us going and for us to not just hate ourselves and the game daily because of the nonsensical odds. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Totally agree. As the popularity of the game has increased, you'd think they would make the top prizes at least somewhat accessible to entry level customers. Right now, you need hundreds and hundreds of dollars plus a ton of luck.

I can say with absolute certainty that if I were a new player and saw either (1) a 5 in 1000 chance at getting the top prize in a box that by rough estimate is $1 for every one you open or (2) an image puzzle with a timer on it, I'd delete this game immediately and never think about it ever again. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yes, to add to the point you made in the 2md post there:

Right now it seems like I, and most of rhe guys I play with, basically spend whatever gold we have on boxes up to the point we have to actually spend money... and then stop.

There's no real lure or draw to spend money. The $100 specials in the store give you maybe 22-25 boxes and 25k gold which gives you roughly 30% chance at a foil. 

I realize there is a small percentage of customers that will pay $100 for a 70% chance of disappointment, anger and regret. But for the most part, people don't go there.

I just don't see why they can't make these top players more accessible to people, and thus by doing so, more people are apt to open their wallets. Seems so simple to me.

It's also why there is like 3 clubs that score 10000000x the points that virtually any other clubs in the entire game can put up. I happen to think more parity would be good for the game, it's no fun to see 1 club with 900 trillion points and everyone else playing for 2nd place. That's dumb, normal people aren't going to spend money to compete with them.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    As I have become more engaged now, but at the same time if they don't keep making improvements while not undoing the improvements already made my engagement level will start to go back down again. Things can be done in good faith, I can get behind that but let's keep this thing moving forward, keep improving, good faith only lasts a while unless lasting changes take place