Options

Easy fix for videos freezing and crashing

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
Buy an iPhone 12.  No problems since moving to my new phone.   

Comments

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I love how GLU is conditioning everyone to buy the most expensive gadgets in order to play the most expensive mobile game.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    I love how GLU is conditioning everyone to buy the most expensive gadgets in order to play the most expensive mobile game.
    Welcome to the mobile internet ecosystem. Games get better, need more powerful phones, rinse repeat.  I doubt Glu is in bed with Apple and Samsung...
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    Welcome to the mobile internet ecosystem. Games get better, need more powerful phones, rinse repeat.  I doubt Glu is in bed with Apple and Samsung...
    Some people just refuse to acknowledge that reality. There are people that are dropping thousands on tsb, yet refuse to update their phone...and the same people complain about crashes, etc. Fwiw, I have a 2020 Iphone SE(cheapest Iphone on the market) and it works like a champ!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah, agreed that this isn't really a Glu issue. Obviously, the newer/better phones are... well... newer & better.
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:
    Some people just refuse to acknowledge that reality. There are people that are dropping thousands on tsb, yet refuse to update their phone...and the same people complain about crashes, etc. Fwiw, I have a 2020 Iphone SE(cheapest Iphone on the market) and it works like a champ!
    Do you play videos for gold on a regular basis?? 500 a day? Unless you grind out videos on the daily it’s hard to determine if ur phone truly is a “champ”.  Anyway I thought you diamond guys didn’t need videos? Jw 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I’m on iOS 12 pro max and videos are terrible. Same WiFi as always home work etc.. it’s a mystery 🧐 
    I guess I need to wait for newest iPhone to  come  out.., perhaps it will be better than my iOS 12 

• Options
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:
    Do you play videos for gold on a regular basis?? 500 a day? Unless you grind out videos on the daily it’s hard to determine if ur phone truly is a “champ”.  Anyway I thought you diamond guys didn’t need videos? Jw 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I’m on iOS 12 pro max and videos are terrible. Same WiFi as always home work etc.. it’s a mystery 🧐 
    I guess I need to wait for newest iPhone to  come  out.., perhaps it will be better than my iOS 12 

I don't grind videos like that anymore. Once in a blue moon, I'll get my 500 in on 2x gold weekend but that's about it. I was mainly referring to WoH and general game play. I don't get crashes and things, for a lack of a better word, work. I have older devices so I'm well aware of how things look when they don't work as they 'should.' 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:

I don't grind videos like that anymore. Once in a blue moon, I'll get my 500 in on 2x gold weekend but that's about it. I was mainly referring to WoH and general game play. I don't get crashes and things, for a lack of a better word, work. I have older devices so I'm well aware of how things look when they don't work as they 'should.' 
    Gotcha 👍🏻 How about achievements ever tried those? I have to hard close watch one video hard close repeat otherwise achievement videos never load. 
  • Options
    However today is the first that I can remember I didn’t have to hard close to watch achievements. Just the normal “video won’t load”stuff then click again etc. So that’s a positive 
  • Options
    However today is the first that I can remember I didn’t have to hard close to watch achievements. Just the normal “video won’t load”stuff then click again etc. So that’s a positive 
    Oh, those are kind of annoying. I always have to wait at least 15-20 seconds in between videos. If I play one bg or tourney game, I can immediately watch another video. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

For reference: Yes, Doc understands the latest and greatest gadgets will play smoother.

HOWEVER:

Refer to Blue's comment in the problem section where he clearly states they can't and won't fix Panning issues, crashes, etc. So, basically, it doesn't matter what you have to run TSB on.....the game will still crash and they won't fix it because they don't know how.  We, the beta testers, can't figure it out for them.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Sorry Doc.  You're wrong.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    The panning/freezing/crashing is due to loss of connectivity as your device transfers data via the application services/APIs. If your device moves from one connection source to another (or loses connection, for any period of time, could be a millisecond... literally), you'll experience this. I can duplicate this behavior at will: As I cross a skywalk here at work, the game will crash every single time, because I'm moving from the internet connection in our main building to another wifi source in the other building, or vice-versa. Or, if I walk out to my truck. Or if my wifi signal experiences a hiccup. Or if I unplug it. You get the idea. There's no such thing as "perfect" internet. I work for a fortune 100 tech company, so our internet is pretty damn good, but it still has its moments lol.

That being said, they could still make the application fail safely so that the user does not lose progress. I think they've made an attempt at that, hence the black screen and 'reconnect' message, but for whatever reason they haven't been able to fully 100% do this.