Options

Stupid matching "mini game" broken

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
Earlier this week I bought a field pass.  I did it to play a lot of bonus games to level up my team.  I have TWICE been banned for "suspicious activity" because I have failed that stupid test where you need to match the pictures.  Just now I matched the right pictures three times but each time I was told I had failed.  

So I am banned from using something that I paid for because the system GLU uses isn't working properly.   This is why so many people despise this company.  I bought something that they have stopped me from using because their game is broken.

Am I alone in having issues with it?

Comments

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I had a lot of issues with it when it first came out. Less now, but I’ve suspended myself just speed playing multiple times since. Just something I deal with now. Couple things I’ve made a point of looking at. It’s not always match the “same”. Sometimes it is select the DIFFERENT image. Make sure you read the top. The other thing I’ve noticed I do, when you have to select multiple images is sometimes you may press in the area if the picture but it doesn’t select it. It’s pretty sensitive. Just make sure the green ring is around the picture(s) you mean to select. Otherwise it should be relatively easy. Pain in the ass for sure, but im used to it at this point. But you aren’t alone is suspending yourself. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2021
    I've heard that soon you will not get puzzles unless you are at the d6 tier, which can cycle for gold rewards. 

I think that's going to be fun to watch, if it does happen, because you'll have people creating new teams every week or so. You can rush to diamond early in the week, then sit there and wait for the gauntlet on weekend and be able to autotap all night while sleeping. You know skillzmadd and those guys will be doing some crazy stuff like that. People will figure out other ways to screw with that system that I'm just not thinking of, too. 

Unsure if that's actually something that will come to fruition, but if so, I actually can't wait to see what happens lol.

EDIT: More on topic, I get banned from either BG or tourney at least once a week just due to fat-fingering a puzzle or when you click it once and it fails 2 puzzles instantly (that one is AWESOME btw... geezus why can't they do anything right?LOL), but it doesn't really bother me- I just switch to the other game mode (BG, tourney) for 3 hours. All this anti-autotapping crap doesn't do anything other than annoy people.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I've heard that soon you will not get puzzles unless you are at the d6 tier, which can cycle for gold rewards. 

I think that's going to be fun to watch, if it does happen, because you'll have people creating new teams every week or so. You can rush to diamond early in the week, then sit there and wait for the gauntlet on weekend and be able to autotap all night while sleeping. You know skillzmadd and those guys will be doing some crazy stuff like that. People will figure out other ways to screw with that system that I'm just not thinking of, too. 

Unsure if that's actually something that will come to fruition, but if so, I actually can't wait to see what happens lol.
    I have no idea but it wouldn’t shock me if there is already a way around it. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my 5 years playing, if you believe something is happening it probably is. 
  • Options
    Yep @jalapenocubbies that's what I had said on here a while back lol, the autotapping is likely very, very sophisticated. I'm talking, like there is probably some guy out there that's a mobile developer or has those type of skills and is either just developing auto tap software for fun, or selling it to people. And if there is, you can bet your ass that there's ways to automate these puzzles. Even Google reCaptcha, which is the gold standard, has been proven beatable. All of them are. The puzzles just slow down manual tappers. The autotappers, if what I believe is happening is true ;) just blow right past them.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Since I’m silver I don’t really play many bgs but I get the puzzle every si gold time after playing my first 4 games. Very annoying 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yep @jalapenocubbies that's what I had said on here a while back lol, the autotapping is likely very, very sophisticated. I'm talking, like there is probably some guy out there that's a mobile developer or has those type of skills and is either just developing auto tap software for fun, or selling it to people. And if there is, you can bet your ass that there's ways to automate these puzzles. Even Google reCaptcha, which is the gold standard, has been proven beatable. All of them are. The puzzles just slow down manual tappers. The autotappers, if what I believe is happening is true ;) just blow right past them.
    Yes, I mean it’s very obvious. I work and spend a lot of time on the app. It’s a struggle to get 1 done a day. To get 2, everyday, assuming your job isn’t to play tap sports, it’s really a stretch. I mean on weekends ok. But seeing 12-15k games played in a weekend. I just LOL. 
  • Options
    Yeah that's why the puzzles are sorta unnecessary imo. There's a 2 cycle cap limit per day, so its not like anyone's 'stealing' gold.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah that's why the puzzles are sorta unnecessary imo. There's a 2 cycle cap limit per day, so its not like anyone's 'stealing' gold.
    Thing is, I think they do view it as “stealing” gold now. I think the problem is like you said, it appears there is a work around for it somehow, so it’s only impacting certain players. I’m frankly shocked they have further reduced it to be honest. I’ve just accepted it at this point anyway. For me, it’s all about making the players easier to obtain for me. I enjoy the game and I enjoy building a team. While I like scoring points the ultra competitive side is gone for me. 
  • Options
    If they are so worried about people getting gold from d6 cycles, then just remove it altogether and make the box odds higher to make up for it. I mean what does 16k gold get you nowadays, anyway? I don't play enough games to worry about a daily d6 limit and imo they've created this monster themselves anyway. They should have prioritized a game mode (cough cough WOH) that can't be fully automated so people just sit their phones on the coffee table and generate gold as they go on about their day doing other stuff instead of being on the app.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    If they are so worried about people getting gold from d6 cycles, then just remove it altogether and make the box odds higher to make up for it. I mean what does 16k gold get you nowadays, anyway? I don't play enough games to worry about a daily d6 limit and imo they've created this monster themselves anyway. They should have prioritized a game mode (cough cough WOH) that can't be fully automated so people just sit their phones on the coffee table and generate gold as they go on about their day doing other stuff instead of being on the app.
    From a personal standpoint, I would hate to see D6 cycling fully eliminated. As far as what 16k per day gets you, we’ll recently you’d be guranteed a legend on the weekend. But that’s assuming you don’t blow your gold during the week. I mean obviously someone who gets 120-130k gold a week from d6 cycling is in a better overall position than someone who doesn’t. With that said, as I stated the other day. If you want to play daily, you need way more than 120-130k gold a week. I am pro any changes that help with increased odds. The current setup, long term for me is not sustainable. Forcing ATG odds all year for bxp, pxp, and regular legends was a major slap in the face. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I had a lot of issues with it when it first came out. Less now, but I’ve suspended myself just speed playing multiple times since. Just something I deal with now. Couple things I’ve made a point of looking at. It’s not always match the “same”. Sometimes it is select the DIFFERENT image. Make sure you read the top. The other thing I’ve noticed I do, when you have to select multiple images is sometimes you may press in the area if the picture but it doesn’t select it. It’s pretty sensitive. Just make sure the green ring is around the picture(s) you mean to select. Otherwise it should be relatively easy. Pain in the ass for sure, but im used to it at this point. But you aren’t alone is suspending yourself. 
    Also pay attention to the submit and clear selection buttons. Sometimes they are flipped.