Options

Gold rush...

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
I guess the mine is mined clean out of gold rush boxes🤷. Probably one of the most overrated over hyped and under produced weekend themed event Glu has done.

Comments

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    So much potential with a good start on Friday.  Guess Chad and the gang got into the White Claws and forgot about it. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    So much potential with a good start on Friday.  Guess Chad and the gang got into the White Claws and forgot about it. 
    Yes, it started with so much potential but turned into a gigantic flop. No surprises here.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I guess there was a little bit more gold rush boxes left in the mine. I hit the 1500 with it. My best pull of the weekend 😑 Then I decided to go for the pity timer since I was 2 away on the 500g box. I got Wade for the 5th time on the on box 9/10. Stopped me short of the pity timer again.😡
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    So I guess they did some more gold boxes after those of us in Europe went to sleep? Thought they’d stopped boxes that disappeared from your inbox. 

I did ok from the ones already given out. 3,100 in gold and 2,400 from 13 dinger tickets. They must’ve realised I wasn’t going to give it back gor their trashy boxes. 
  • Options
    wbloganwblogan Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I feel like Chad is some part time guy whose whole job is to send out boxes but he just forgets sometimes to you know, work, but since everyone likes him he keeps his job. 
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    it was one of the biggest swerves in glu's history...lying bs
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Just curious what the expectation was? I got a good amount of free gold from those boxes. I felt like they have a good amount and if you got fortunate with the vip multiplier it was even better. I mean they weren’t going to send out 100 of them when they had a good chance at pulling gold. Sounds like most made 3-5k good from the boxes and corresponding dinger tickets? That seems pretty good. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree. I’m not really sure what our expectations were to begin with. I haven’t used my dinger  tickets so it’s hard to say what I got but I’ll easily net 3k gold. No complaints here
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I agree. I’m not really sure what our expectations were to begin with. I haven’t used my dinger  tickets so it’s hard to say what I got but I’ll easily net 3k gold. No complaints here
    I got a bit over 5k(counting dingers), plus the 50% extra gold from the club event. I guess others expected more. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    14 dinger tickets and 600 gold here, then 1200 total from club events didn’t play for more than 45 minutes all weekend I’m burnt out lol.  
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Free gold is good. No complaints here, although I did pull a statistically unusual number of dinger tickets as compared to actual gold. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited September 2021
    5k will get you to the counter if you dont pull the low prime before then. Equals 10 boxes. Idk, seems like most weekends (when they aren't even trying to make a big deal about it), they gift more boxes than that. Yeah, hard to gripe about free stuff, but people saying it was super underwhelming... yeah, I get that too.

EDIT: the whole 'go check the specials tab for clues!" thing was hella lame also, jmo
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    5k will get you to the counter if you dont pull the low prime before then. Equals 10 boxes. Idk, seems like most weekends (when they aren't even trying to make a big deal about it), they gift more boxes than that. Yeah, hard to gripe about free stuff, but people saying it was super underwhelming... yeah, I get that too.

EDIT: the whole 'go check the specials tab for clues!" thing was hella lame also, jmo
    But they also sent out boxes 🤷‍♂️. Fact is people
    will be underwhelmed unless they pull the legend for free. In general 5k isn’t a lot, but to f2p players that’s probably a lot. The gifts aren’t really going to make or break a big Player. I mean 5k gold plus all the boxes they sent out seems pretty good for doing nothing but logging in. Hell, we spend hundreds of thousands of gold to win 7500 on the weekend. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m not one to complain about free stuff and I hope they continue to do the goldrush thing…. But just maybe it was a little overhyped considering it takes 200k to pull a legend. 🤷🏻‍♂️  5k…. They can do better 
  • Options
    3 more boxes. 2k gold + 8 dinger  tickets. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    JEDDDOGGY said:

will be underwhelmed unless they pull the legend for free. In general 5k isn’t a lot, but to f2p players that’s probably a lot. The gifts aren’t really going to make or break a big Player. I mean 5k gold plus all the boxes they sent out seems pretty good for doing nothing but logging in. Hell, we spend hundreds of thousands of gold to win 7500 on the weekend. 

Oh, yes. You're right, they did also send out boxes. So, I take that back. This past weekend was marginally better than what they normally do as far as gifts then. 

Don't really think bolded part is a 'fact'? I don't ask for it to be completely free every weekend, but if it didn't cost $1,000 that'd be swell.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Oh, yes. You're right, they did also send out boxes. So, I take that back. This past weekend was marginally better than what they normally do as far as gifts then. 

Don't really think bolded part is a 'fact'? I don't ask for it to be completely free every weekend, but if it didn't cost $1,000 that'd be swell.
    I’ll just add this. Gifts in general while great because they are free aren’t supposed to “wow” competitive players. While we may sit here and shit on a lot of gifts. My holder team, which has spent .99 to get rid of adds, between them event(we finished 4th) and the gold rush boxes, netted over 10k gold. So I made 5k on top of the event and that doesn’t count dinger tickets. Plus the boxes. So in general for the common f2p or low spender, not sure how they could be anything they can be anything but ecstatic from the weekend gifts. I would have had half that gold without them. So while 5k doesn’t seem like a lot to me of you, for a lot of players, especially non spenders these were great. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Yeah idk... just knowing what 5k gold will get you... have a hard time categorizing that as great. For anyone. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah idk... just knowing what 5k gold will get you... have a hard time categorizing that as great. For anyone. 🤷‍♂️
    If you’re used to getting 0, 5k then s quite the improvement, again not counting what I’ll get from dinger, but I’d guess atleast another couple grand. And that’s also kinda my point, we know 5k isn’t much, but f2p guys that’s how many hours of watching videos etc?
  • Options
    As a f2p I will say that I was really happy. I spent 6k gold over the weekend and recovered it all. Videos are so rough that I usually do 1-2 a day if any so I’ll take whatever freebies I can get 
  • Options
    If you’re used to getting 0, 5k then s quite the improvement, again not counting what I’ll get from dinger, but I’d guess atleast another couple grand. And that’s also kinda my point, we know 5k isn’t much, but f2p guys that’s how many hours of watching videos etc?

Oh, I know haha. I mean I don't think anyone is upset with getting gifts, it was just more poking fun at how Glu presented it vs what was done. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Oh, I know haha. I mean I don't think anyone is upset with getting gifts, it was just more poking fun at how Glu presented it vs what was done. 
    Exactly, I wasn't the complaining about the free gold. Glu somehow always puts themselves in the position to be the butt of every joke. That ripe 🍎 is always hanging on that low branch why not go for it.
  • Options
    They typically over hype everything that they do. Well maybe not the stickers. They are the only reason that I still tap