Options

Will we receive our 540 Eric Davis Legend.......... Eric Davis and prizes from Glu?

25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
edited October 2021 in General TSB Discussion
Remember Glu our 4 week prize Legend Eric Davis . Probably like 480?

Comments

• Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I think they had something in news before that said he'd be a 520 with HH and MOB.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    If he’s going to be 520 could they make him a BXP player?
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    In the mean time while you wait make sure you all login in and collect ur 1 free bonus game gift 🎁 
    I heard they are gonna do another one later with vip multiplier 🔥🔥🔥
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    In the mean time while you wait make sure you all login in and collect ur 1 free bonus game gift 🎁 
    I heard they are gonna do another one later with vip multiplier 🔥🔥🔥
    I am not trying to complain about free gift, but I mean come on, 1 bonus game ticket per home run seems like it's almost not worth the effort in coding definitely not worth the effort to claim the tickets, now 1 dinger ticket would  be amazing but still a free bonus game is still one more bonus game I didn't have, I suppose 🤷
  • Options
    Agree I try not to complain about free gifts. I was just being stupid. Lol  However sometimes they make it easy to point out how ridiculous some of them are. Either they truly don’t understand certain values of items/currency’s within the game or are purely login bait. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    The gift that contained 300 gold and a couple boxes earlier that was a nice gift. Glu 👍🏻
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I guess not. Maybe he will be a bonus player if not sadly I will never use one of my favorite Reds player of all time. I feel that since he was released on the day that we went to 540s then he should be 540 instead of 520. I do appreciate the free gifts though. 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    samtheman said:
    I guess not. Maybe he will be a bonus player if not sadly I will never use one of my favorite Reds player of all time. I feel that since he was released on the day that we went to 540s then he should be 540 instead of 520. I do appreciate the free gifts though. 
    Everyone has him. I’m not sure why having him as a bonus player matters. Just a complete waste at 520…but if you’re into team building, I guess he’s ok.  But then again, if you're into team building, you’re not going to take someone behind the curve 🤷‍♂️
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    edited October 2021
    I know that having him as a bonus player wouldn’t give me an edge on anybody it would just be a small reason to at least use him. I’m into team building and at this point he is totally worthless to me. I’m sure as a community that the majority of tappers won’t waste their resources on a behind the curve player who is not a bonus player for at least 1 event. How many players do we “rent” for an event just to put up some points?  Maybe I would have leveled him at 540. At least then he wouldn’t be behind the curve. But as I stated earlier it sucks to get one of your all time favorite players and have no reason at all to use him. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    samtheman said:
    Everyone has him. I’m not sure why having him as a bonus player matters. Just a complete waste at 520…but if you’re into team building, I guess he’s ok.  But then again, if you're into team building, you’re not going to take someone behind the curve 🤷‍♂️
    Getting the player is half the battle. Auto-tappers not withstanding, many either don't care or have the time to grind out games. More than anything though, being a bonus player means that he gets the discount. 

As far as team building, the game has completely changed. The best players for WoH, Bonus games, Tourneys, and EB are well behind the curve. Here are a few examples:

-The best WoH closer is 110 points behind the curve
    -The best Catcher for bonus games is 100 points behind the curve
    -The best OF for bonus games includes a player 80 points behind the curve
    -The best SS for tourneys is 60 points behind the curve
    -The best OF against rightys in EB includes a player 90 points behind the curve
    -The best OF against leftys in EB includes a player 130 points behind the curve

I could go on and on, but I think the pattern is obvious. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    I know that having him as a bonus player wouldn’t give me an edge on anybody it would just be a small reason to at least use him. I’m into team building and at this point he is totally worthless to me. I’m sure as a community that the majority of tappers won’t waste their resources on a behind the curve player who is not a bonus player for at least 1 event. How many players do we “rent” for an event just to put up some points?  Maybe I would have leveled him at 540. At least then he wouldn’t be behind the curve. But as I stated earlier it sucks to get one of your all time favorite players and have no reason at all to use him. 
    I have Edmonds(2x vs rhp), who I didn't level. If I get Davis, I'll level him. The reason being is that beyond this weekend, Edmonds doesn't have an ideal role in any of the modes I play(bgs/tourneys/woh/EB/BH). Eric Davis, meanwhile, gets a 30% boost for tourneys and would be one of my tourney starting OFers for multi event days. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’ll be leveling the Eric Davis from this morning because at this point I play Cvc/EB and the occasional bonus game and don’t value club points or Woh.   If you are someone the values woh or bonus points I get why he wouldn’t matter but for me I don’t have a ton of legends so he slots into my lineup fine 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    I have Edmonds(2x vs rhp), who I didn't level. If I get Davis, I'll level him. The reason being is that beyond this weekend, Edmonds doesn't have an ideal role in any of the modes I play(bgs/tourneys/woh/EB/BH). Eric Davis, meanwhile, gets a 30% boost for tourneys and would be one of my tourney starting OFers for multi event days. 
    Man I harken back to the day where 2x RHP was the bee knees but you are right, it’s just not an ideal skill set anymore 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    Man I harken back to the day where 2x RHP was the bee knees but you are right, it’s just not an ideal skill set anymore 
    I know man. I had to read what I wrote a few times and it's just....weird. #moments

edit: btw @Mattattack did #42 aka, the goat, find his way home?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    I know man. I had to read what I wrote a few times and it's just....weird. #moments

Does a pig like slop?   Lol
    he actually popped up this morning in the frenzy gift.  Spent a little gold yesterday and got nothing but I had a hunch he’d come see me.  
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:

he actually popped up this morning in the frenzy gift.  Spent a little gold yesterday and got nothing but I had a hunch he’d come see me.  
    Hilarious!!! Congrats buddy! Although, his greatness mainly comes from the max3k moments(36% to rhp) so I'm not sure you got those.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:

Hilarious!!! Congrats buddy! Although, his greatness mainly comes from the max3k moments(36% to rhp) so I'm not sure you got those.
    Yeah unfortunately my luck stops at Jackie.  Was mainly getting the redsox moments when I tried.  Oh well
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:

Yeah unfortunately my luck stops at Jackie.  Was mainly getting the redsox moments when I tried.  Oh well
    max3k was the one from 4 weeks ago. Today is the dodger club bonus.
  • Options
    Davis is now a bonus. 150k/hit. 
  • Options
    The watch party gifts have been really good dinger tickets and a several bgs. Actually they’ve done a really good job with gifts all year and last year. We didn’t always get gifts like this. I’m always hard on glu so figured I’d say something positive. Glu 👏👍🏻