Options

Gold for Videos and STUPID Captcha

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
edited October 2021 in General TSB Discussion
@[Glu Sports] blueleopard…..Once again, Seriously? 2 videos into my 500 I get a STUPID captcha, somehow get it wrong and am banned from videos for 3 hours? This is something that seriously needs to be addressed! This has got to be one of the most idiotic ‘decisions” made from your team. Y’all post crap about cheaters in the news feed, yet you punish folks 2 videos into their 500 limit?

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Ya I don’t get why they’re bothering with the video watching captcha stuff. If you’re familiar with autotap, your efforts would be better used towards D6. And if you use autotap, there is a mechanism in place to address captcha. These guys are punishing the players that aren’t the problem. This is coming from someone who might watch 10 videos in a season
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I’ve got caught 4 times in a week. Twice last week playing videos at work. Do they actually expect me to watch the same 4 adverts on a loop? I don’t play them quickly enough to have a tapper. 200 is about the most I can do spread over a day. Sometimes you think you’re safe for a while and you get a second one in 3 games. Make it stop. 
  • Options
    n8DayVn8DayV Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    At least you get 4 different videos. I had the Chase bank video 32 times in a row before something different this morning. I’m not going to stare at my screen to watch the same 30 seconds over and over 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Ya I don’t get why they’re bothering with the video watching captcha stuff. If you’re familiar with autotap, your efforts would be better used towards D6. And if you use autotap, there is a mechanism in place to address captcha. These guys are punishing the players that aren’t the problem. This is coming from someone who might watch 10 videos in a season
    I will say that while your logic is sound, it's also incorrect. Autotapping videos, as mundane as it sounds, costs absolutely nothing. It's also my understanding that this won't change anytime soon. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I just completed two bonus game captcha correctly and the game said I got them wrong and got locked out of auto play. I’ve never auto tapped and I don’t know how. They need to find a different solution.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    I will say that while your logic is sound, it's also incorrect. Autotapping videos, as mundane as it sounds, costs absolutely nothing. It's also my understanding that this won't change anytime soon. 
    Does auto tapping videos get you more than the 500 limit? If not, no matter the spin, this is an incredibly stupid decision. To get a captcha after watching 2 videos is ridiculous enough, but then to be locked out for 3 hours for whatever faulty reason Glu has is also beyond ridiculous. Not happy.
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I don’t imagine there’s a huge market of players that are using a clicker to farm gold off of gold videos. We’re talking 2500 gold daily. I think the 500 cap limit is sufficient in terms of how to deter any foul play. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’ve noticed that sometimes the images change completely after they first load and also the clear and submit buttons change places. That’s a lot to navigate in twelve seconds or whatever, although I’m certain in this case that I answered correctly. One more thing to screenshot in this game. They should disable the system until they can fix it, which likely means forever. Locking paying customers out of an essential game function is bad business.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I don’t imagine there’s a huge market of players that are using a clicker to farm gold off of gold videos. We’re talking 2500 gold daily. I think the 500 cap limit is sufficient in terms of how to deter any foul play. 
    100% agreed, the captcha is a horrendous redundancy for videos that penalizes legit players. I assume they catch more innocent players in their dragnet than people cheating the videos.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I guess that I should figure it out for videos. It can run while I sleep. Then I could keep up with Mythical Dragon! If you’re a diamond team then you could run 2 d-6 cycles and run through 500 videos to max out the daily gold. On average I think that I watch 1-2 videos daily so I’m nowhere close to my daily limit. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2021
    2003cobra said:
    I guess that I should figure it out for videos. It can run while I sleep. Then I could keep up with Mythical Dragon! If you’re a diamond team then you could run 2 d-6 cycles and run through 500 videos to max out the daily gold. On average I think that I watch 1-2 videos daily so I’m nowhere close to my daily limit. 
    Shouldn’t be to hard to keep up with me lately lol I’m in video jail at least once a day. For a multiple reasons just simply not paying attention to busy or the mini game puzzle doesn’t load wasting half of the time to solve. 😕 So once a day I feel like punching everyone at glutard headquarters in the face 🤷🏻‍♂️😂. 
    I’m just joking… btw don’t take me to serious. So please nobody be offended. Just joking.. 😳

Anyway… they are definitely going after the wrong players as anyone that is cheating is def not watching videos. Videos are for silver bottom feeders like myself. Agree with dfbb I don’t see them changing anything. Unfortunately  they are to out of touch with their user base to understand where cheating issues exist. 

• Options
    2003cobra said:
    Shouldn’t be to hard to keep up with me lately lol I’m in video jail at least once a day. For a multiple reasons just simply not paying attention to busy or the mini game puzzle doesn’t load wasting half of the time to solve. 😕 So once a day I feel like punching everyone at glutard headquarters in the face 🤷🏻‍♂️😂. 
    I’m just joking… btw don’t take me to serious. So please nobody be offended. Just joking.. 😳

Anyway… they are definitely going after the wrong players as anyone that is cheating is def not watching videos. Videos are for silver bottom feeders like myself. Agree with dfbb I don’t see them changing anything. Unfortunately  they are to out of touch with their user base to understand where cheating issues exist. 

Offended 😎
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Quite honestly, I don't farm much for gold via videos anymore, maybe do 25-50 daily. It is primarily hit progress awards on events and EB and I figure if I play 5 Dingers a day and hit at least 150 on each one that's 750 a day, 5250 a week plus 2100 for progress awards weekly that's 7350 weekly that's not adding daily gold box, club challenges and barrel house (which you can do very well in the gold department there) or any other miscellaneous gold we can pick up, you can easily be over 10k in gold weekly. 
  • Options
    Quite honestly, I don't farm much for gold via videos anymore, maybe do 25-50 daily. It is primarily hit progress awards on events and EB and I figure if I play 5 Dingers a day and hit at least 150 on each one that's 750 a day, 5250 a week plus 2100 for progress awards weekly that's 7350 weekly that's not adding daily gold box, club challenges and barrel house (which you can do very well in the gold department there) or any other miscellaneous gold we can pick up, you can easily be over 10k in gold weekly. 
    Likewise. I don’t have the time for most of that. Which is why I’m PISSED about a captcha after 2 videos and then a ban. The dev team’s vision is definitely blurred
  • Options
    I'm waiting my three hours, one down two to go. Was on a conference call and wasn't paying attention three strikes and I am out, got caught up in their  dragnet. So much for my customary 50 videos a day. I think Glu wants your undivided attention and then penalizes you when you don't give it them while you're on the app. 
  • Options
    I don’t care what kind of spin, so called “logic”, whatever…..this has got to be one of the most idiotic business decisions this company has made. From my understanding, companies make money off each video watched. So Glu says “Let’s really piss off our customer base so they get totally uninterested in watching videos!”

Glu, you’re succeeding