• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Joe DiMaggio tomorrow is the word on the street 
    Big scoring this weekend. OF R/H NYY moments plus his
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Everyone’s situation is different, but I’d advise on waiting to see what the moments will look like next year(the base ones) before committing to keepers. In general, I’d never advise taking a reliever over a starter, but whatever is fun is always the right choice. 
    Definitely depends on how someone plays, the main reason I like to lean towards a reliever is 1. I'll level starters over relievers all day, and 2. they'll be used heavily earlier in the game to come in and save the day when the weakling bxp arms are getting wrecked. 

My weakest SP right now is a 540 with skills capped at 30 each, and my weakest SR is a 500 with skills capped at 30 each. As it stands, 540x1.3x1.3= 912, 500x1.3x1.3= 845. 570 keeper Whitey Ford on my inactives? 570x1.2x1.2= 820 aka weaker than a 500 ovr with skills at 30. 

In other words, a keeper reliever would still be weaker than my weakest reliever currently- but it would be a much closer race than it is with my SP's 🤷
    Part of everyone playing different. I would never put gold into a pitchers skill, let alone a prime reliever. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Part of everyone playing different. I would never put gold into a pitchers skill, let alone a prime reliever. 
    I'm not THAT crazy, lol! It's 500 legend Gagne.. I would never cap skills on a prime arm while legends are out - they'll never be near the top of the curve. A legend arm that's at the top at the time? I'm much more likely to cap their skills as I figure they'll last on my roster a lot longer.

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    I'm not THAT crazy, lol! It's 500 legend Gagne.. I would never cap skills on a prime arm while legends are out - they'll never be near the top of the curve. A legend arm that's at the top at the time? I'm much more likely to cap their skills as I figure they'll last on my roster a lot longer.

Yeah kinda the same though lol. I wouldn’t cap skills on anyone who isn’t an atg, and I don’t cap skills on pitchers. I just don’t think it matters. Unless you crave the Team Strength side, I just don’t see it as a good investment is all. 
  • Options
    It's mainly just for ts, and the hope that I won't lose 1-0 to some dishrag in tournaments. Not sure it really effects that second thing.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    suckasetsuckaset Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    This could probably be a post of its own, but what skills are the most valued and least valued? I would imagine it depends on favorite game mode, or approach to playing, but I’ve never gotten a good read on which skills are best.
  • Options
    suckaset said:
    This could probably be a post of its own, but what skills are the most valued and least valued? I would imagine it depends on favorite game mode, or approach to playing, but I’ve never gotten a good read on which skills are best.
    It is all dependent on how you play and what you play. 
  • Options
    suckaset said:
    there's one skill that works in every single mode and never turns off..  :# you just need one hit to turn it ON, and it will stay on as long as that game/entry lasts.. hot hitter is still my favorite skill as it is pretty dang good for both events and cvc. it may not be the best for certain modes, but it's definitely the most versatile. unless of course you go and look at xbluexsmokex AKA coves player profile.. then you'll see a very very interesting skill that none of us have access to  o:)
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    How about 2x lead off hitter?  Works in every mode or not?
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    How about 2x lead off hitter?  Works in every mode or not?
    Turns off after the first at bat on woh 🤷 and if you like to put your bonus guys at the front of your lineup you've gotta get Mr lead off there, and of course only one guy at a time in your lineup. Just a little messy 
  • Options
    Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    LOL, what are those Diamond shaped skills? 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I only know of 1 person with them…. I’m assuming it’s an amazing skill
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I'm sure, probably every batting skill all combined in 1! I'm sure there is probably gonna be a few more with it before long, $$$$.
  • Options
    Is a VIP skill. It’s only active during gauntlets. Considering you need to have players in who score points and increase moments multipliers to win, I guess I don’t find that skill all that appealing. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

Yeah kinda the same though lol. I wouldn’t cap skills on anyone who isn’t an atg, and I don’t cap skills on pitchers. I just don’t think it matters. Unless you crave the Team Strength side, I just don’t see it as a good investment is all. 
    I don't even bother leveling skills on pitchers. Not even ATG pitchers, the way I play WoH, CvC and EB are my favorite mode, those resources are better spent on bats to help me in those modes. Now I will say like @CanadaCubs said if they rejuvenate and and do better with the rewards with PP then I can see the need to spend the necessary resources on pitcher skills 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Is a VIP skill. It’s only active during gauntlets. Considering you need to have players in who score points and increase moments multipliers to win, I guess I don’t find that skill all that appealing. 
    I believe it was on the table as an xfactor. It obv never got released as such(as of this writing), but it would be ideal as an xfactor for those that compete in gauntlets. As a skill on a player though, it’s just eye candy. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    Everyone’s situation is different, but I’d advise on waiting to see what the moments will look like next year(the base ones) before committing to keepers. In general, I’d never advise taking a reliever over a starter, but whatever is fun is always the right choice. 
    Definitely depends on how someone plays, the main reason I like to lean towards a reliever is 1. I'll level starters over relievers all day, and 2. they'll be used heavily earlier in the game to come in and save the day when the weakling bxp arms are getting wrecked. 

My weakest SP right now is a 540 with skills capped at 30 each, and my weakest SR is a 500 with skills capped at 30 each. As it stands, 540x1.3x1.3= 912, 500x1.3x1.3= 845. 570 keeper Whitey Ford on my inactives? 570x1.2x1.2= 820 aka weaker than a 500 ovr with skills at 30. 

In other words, a keeper reliever would still be weaker than my weakest reliever currently- but it would be a much closer race than it is with my SP's 🤷
    I'm not THAT crazy! It's 500 legend Gagne.. a 500 prime would be nowhere near the top of the food chain for me to make that crazy move lol, but a legend at the top of the curve at the time can last quite a while. Skills are just for looks I guess, but I'm a little more likely to cap them on an arm since I figure they'll stick around a lot longer on my roster. 
  • Options
    DemojeDemoje Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I’d like to tell everyone thank you for the information. I’m new to this and when my club or even world chat I’m lost. But you fellas seem to have a pretty good idea about this game.  Thanks