Options

CVC and Bash Matchups

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
How do these work?  I've got a Minors Platinum VI club with 3 weekday Top 10s and we're getting matched against Majors Dimaond clubs with double digit Top 10s.

Comments

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I don’t believe cvc or bash have anything to do with level of the club. I think the initial matchup my have something to do with placement etc in previous events. But once it starts it’s based on how many points you scored in the prior matchup.
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited September 2021
    I don’t believe cvc or bash have anything to do with level of the club. I think the initial matchup my have something to do with placement etc in previous events. But once it starts it’s based on how many points you scored in the prior matchup.
    I used to think that as well. But my matchups are all over the place. I’m seriously trying at times to win with  low points, have a rank of 3k, then I’m matched up with a 450 club. Did someone say rigged matchups?

*edit* As soon I wrote this, our present matchup is an 850 ranked club against our 2900 ranked club. Points, ranking don't seem to matter. At least to us lower tier slugs 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Bash matchups seem more random this year. Or at least I rarely draw an easy matchup using strategy that used to work. CVC seems to work the same.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    The overall rankings don’t seem to matter as much as the points scored in the previous matchup. Somebody could put up a big score in the first matchup and win with a low score in the second matchup and you could face them in the third matchup if you had roughly the same score in the second matchup as they did.  They could be ranked extremely higher than you if you had a low score in your first matchup. I’m also a firm believer that the time that you log in for the first matchup comes in to play. I’ve noticed that if I log in at the exact starting time that I will get a much tougher matchup then if I wait to log in. 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    It’s always based on the previous match. Ranking has nothing to do with CVC. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    No way!!! We scored almost zero points and next matchup was KILLER! That’s not happening

*edit* This is funny as heck. We were outbeat by a good margin (ya know, sliver slugs even bring the whole club down) so the points scored in previous matchup can be flushed. Here we go:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I’m not questioning what you got for a matchup, but I religiously play CVC in my solo club, and yet to see it. If I knowingly lost, I don’t log back in until after the next match begins. 
  • Options

• Options
    I’m not buying into the “previous points scored” argument. I’m not sure there’s anything other than a roll of the GLU dice
  • Options
    tshea510 said:
    No way!!! We scored almost zero points and next matchup was KILLER! That’s not happening

*edit* This is funny as heck. We were outbeat by a good margin (ya know, sliver slugs even bring the whole club down) so the points scored in previous matchup can be flushed. Here we go:

I just don’t think there’s a rhyme or reason or anything set in stone. I’ve seen too many oddball matchups, based purely on previous score. 
  • Options

• Options
    There is the possibility of people leaving their club during CVC matchups.  
  • Options
    Personally, I like the “If you can’t beat them, report them” approach
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    tshea510 said:

Based on their rank I would guess that they punted the match before. So their punt score was probably similar to your clubs score which is why you were matched up. 
  • Options
    toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Looks like you were “GHOSTed”
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It used to be entirely based on the previous round. Now, it's 'mostly' based on the previous round.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.