Options

The game can't open.

I played the entire Halloween event, but now my game won't open. It starts to load with my character wearing her Halloween hat and then stops. I have tried several times and have closed the game completely down. Any ideas? Is this a widespread glitch since the event finished?

Comments

• Options
    trenchertrencher Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am also having the same problem. Started right after the halloween event completed.
    Tried a battery pull on the device. Tried un-installing and reinstalling the app.
    The game continues to force close during start up.
    Playing on a galaxy s4.
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    Tech support was not helpful at all - they recommend force closing all apps on your device and then relaunching. I have an iPad and here are the three things that have worked for me.

1) force close all apps and then do a hard reboot of device. Wait about an hour. Relaunch game. As soon as game launches, try and tap an icon or something before it crashes (this took about 20 tries on my part.)
    2) never quit the game unless you are in an episode. For some reason, the start menu is the biggest crasher for me.
    3) if you crash during an event or episode and cannot leave a room or get something done, you should quit the episode. I have no idea why but the data must get corrupted or something on the server side and you need to restart the episode.

The game seems more crashy in the evening hours so trying this in the morning often works best. Goodluck.
  • Options
    ZAMFaddictZAMFaddict Registered Users 123 Posts
    Superlimbo wrote: »
    Tech support was not helpful at all - they recommend force closing all apps on your device and then relaunching. I have an iPad and here are the three things that have worked for me.

1) force close all apps and then do a hard reboot of device. Wait about an hour. Relaunch game. As soon as game launches, try and tap an icon or something before it crashes (this took about 20 tries on my part.)
    2) never quit the game unless you are in an episode. For some reason, the start menu is the biggest crasher for me.
    3) if you crash during an event or episode and cannot leave a room or get something done, you should quit the episode. I have no idea why but the data must get corrupted or something on the server side and you need to restart the episode.

The game seems more crashy in the evening hours so trying this in the morning often works best. Goodluck.

Thank you for trying to help. I have received no response from Glu at all. If you happen to get this, can you tell me how to force close now on ipad. Since I updated to the new operating system, I haven't found how to do it. On the prior one, I could double click the button next to my screen and close there.