Options

Obvious Hacker Is Obvious

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Rebecca33Rebecca33 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Just an update: I got hit by the bug too! I found jaf in the safe house, thought Glu had fixed/patched the hack since jaf hadn't showed up for the past 2 days and ended up with 400 odd million gems.

And I'm happy! I don't need to grind 23k of gems to get the badass looking pistol. From where I'm standing, the hack seemed to be a protest against the way Glu ran this event. It didn't damage the IAPs directly as it only generated pink gems, which are worthless outside of this event.

And for what it's worth Glu, the top 1-100 reward is NOT epic - I can buy a similar or better weapon with those stats in the Gold store and spend less time grinding to be in top 100.

EDIT: YOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D
    If you're looking for a multi platform game that's super generous with premium currency and holds regular kickass events, then try Hello Hero for iOS, for Android or even for Facebook (just look for Hello Hero) - use my referrer code Philson on the Keronic server to win the rarest monsters in game! ;)
  • Options
    Chris MosqueChris Mosque Registered Users 11 Posts
    After their "solution" to this event I think I am about done with this game. They will not get a single cent more out of me. I LEGIT held the first place position and even now with my score before all of this happened would be in the top 15. The fact I am now down in the 9000s because they can't fix their shit properly is outrageous. Banning ANYONE unlucky enough to be caught with this hacking bug is the most bullshit excuse for a solution I've ever seen. It would be like exterminating an entire neighborhood that caught the flu because they can't think of any other solution to fix their mistake.

I gave them 50 dollars in gold skulls just for this event and they repay that with tossing me to the bottom of their corpse heap to hopefully just be swept under the carpet and nobody will notice. Good solution Glu. I hope your company goes bankrupt before you manage to steal more money from people.
  • Options
    Rebecca33Rebecca33 Registered Users 89 Posts
    For what it's worth, in Glu's defense, it seems to be the most time effective solution they could implement. They'll probably end up sorting the legit scores out later on, but for now it looks like they need to stop the flow of gems so they can actually count the legit scores.

EDIT: What they do need to work on is their PR/communication... Players don't know what's going on on the back end of Glu, and we start to assume things and make stuff up...
    If you're looking for a multi platform game that's super generous with premium currency and holds regular kickass events, then try Hello Hero for iOS, for Android or even for Facebook (just look for Hello Hero) - use my referrer code Philson on the Keronic server to win the rarest monsters in game! ;)
  • Options
    RiotllamaRiotllama Registered Users 50 Posts
    I've still got 2,626,364,582 gems. And I'm still down in the lower 9000's. this is bogus. And how do you see who's on the leaderboard anyway?
  • Options
    RiotllamaRiotllama Registered Users 50 Posts
    Ok, so my dumb ass finally figured out how to look at the leaderboards. According to that, I only have one gem, and I'm not even officially ranked. Only 2 friends of mine appear on the leaderboard, people I must have added after the *fix* went up. So yeah, it seems that anyone who was connected by any degree of separation from the original hacker got ****. Le sigh. Really glad I hadn't spent any cash on this event before this all went down. I feel for those of you who did.
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    I am peeved, too. I have a feeling they do not check these forums (they only post stickies and then leave.) i did spend cash - i always spend a little on freemium games. Now I regret doing so because their customer service is really non-existent.
  • Options
    odangoodango Registered Users 25 Posts
    It kinda sucks that we are getting penalized for the hackers but I will just step back. Ended up with some cool weapon upgrades and not gonna stress. Does suck that there is no point in playing the event for me since I am not even eligible for ranking but I will just continue to level and play the chapters.
  • Options
    ZAMFaddictZAMFaddict Registered Users 123 Posts
    I kept playing since I like the game, but the pink gems aren't worth anything at this point. I was enjoying the ranking aspect for the event prior to the hack issue. I poured money into gold skulls thinking I could keep buying slots to hold items, but the number of possible items seems to stop at 18. Now I have skulls and no spots to buy.

I do like the events, just wish this one had ran better.