Options

Are their any real players with 369k drones?

124Next

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    GLU FACTORY: "Sure we'll take them off your hands, what do you want for them?"

ME: "Nothing at all, but since you ask a few rockets would be nice"

GLU FACTORY: "No problem at all ... that will be 200,000,000 diamonds please".

BTW The CLAN Event is competing for "Healing Rays". Is that it? Nothing else?

I was just looking at that. Just what I need, another healing ray. The joke is if you are first you get one, if you are second you get three, if you are last they fill your entire hard drive with them.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I was just looking at that. Just what I need, another healing ray. The joke is if you are first you get one, if you are second you get three, if you are last they fill your entire hard drive with them.

Yeah when they first announced CLANS, I thought wouldn't it be nice if players as a group could compete for a new "common" weapon, a new TESLA perhaps. Then I realized they wanted us to spend diamonds on GLOBAL and CLAN Events ... that was the last time I even looked at clans ... until today, that is LMAO

Finally upgraded player health on TIER 10 (3rd column) almost 3/4 there ... then I'll be only ONE month behind !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Yeah when they first announced CLANS, I thought wouldn't it be nice is players as a group could compete for a new "common" weapon, a new TESLA perhaps. Then I realized they wanted us to spend diamonds on GLOBAL and CLAN Events ... that was the last time I even looked at clans ... until today, that is LMAO

Finally upgraded player health on TIER 10 (3rd column) almost 3/4 there ... then I'll be only ONE month behind !!!

The prizes for clans suck, but the clan chat is really useful. I am on the Elites clan on IOS and they are smart and well organized with a seperate chat feed on the Line and Groupme apps. On Amazon I am in the Suddendeath clan and they are really fun. The chat is always interesting and their sense of tactics is superb. They know all the players and they give me insight into PVD competitions. They are in first place on Amazon Clan competition, ahead by 53000 VP right now with 11 out of 20 members on the Leaderboard, with 8 of the top 10 spots. Maybe too intense, but their positive energy gets me past some of the negativity I feel towards Glu.

Pick the top rated clan that has an opening and see if it doesn't improve your enjoyment of the game.
  • Options
    The prizes for clans suck, but the clan chat is really useful. I am on the Elites clan on IOS and they are smart and well organized with a seperate chat feed on the Line and Groupme apps. On Amazon I am in the Suddendeath clan and they are really fun. The chat is always interesting and their sense of tactics is superb. They know all the players and they give me insight into PVD competitions. They are in first place on Amazon Clan competition, ahead by 53000 VP right now with 11 out of 20 members on the Leaderboard, with 8 of the top 10 spots. Maybe too intense, but their positive energy gets me past some of the negativity I feel towards Glu.

Pick the top rated clan that has an opening and see if it doesn't improve your enjoyment of the game.

I may try your suggestion for a week or two since I'll be mostly playing for diamonds (time to finish upgrading). As I understand the CLAN Competition, can you confirm that you must spend diamonds for matches separate from what you would spend on Global Event? My problem is that fellow CLAN members would expect you to hold up your end, I would think, so to seriously compete in CLAN Event to win nothing more than drone parts will be a hard pill for me to swallow *** SMILES ***

Anyways, my final RANK in the Global was #93 (just shy of 35 parts); AP total was around 7,000 the last I checked before I passed out for the night and missed the "late surge". I'll win League Day #1 and mop up the final 10 parts on Day #2 (not gonna gamble with a 3rd Day). I will have my HEAVY and can return to my GOLD BOYCOTT. 7,000 AP usually gets me a RANK in the TOP 90; my guess is many others needed that heavy weapon also. Time to cruise.
  • Options
    I fought off a late night surge to finish 83rd. Stayed up until 1 a local time. Congrats, I have tried out the Medusa which I won on Amazon, finished 23rd, with no surge. You will like it. Looking for a top 3 finish to finish it today.
  • Options
    I fought off a late night surge to finish 83rd. Stayed up until 1 a local time. Congrats, I have tried out the Medusa which I won on Amazon, finished 23rd, with no surge. You will like it. Looking for a top 3 finish to finish it today.

Yeah that late surge is something you can't sleep through, for me it's 3 AM ... LOL
  • Options
    Yeah that late surge is something you can't sleep through, for me it's 3 AM ... LOL

A guy in my Amazon Clan had 13000 pts and solid 10th place. He went to bed exhausted with 45 min left to go. You guessed it, finished 11th.

Now the bad news: As I feared, the Medusa fully upgraded is no match for the 92 K Short defense. The ratings are messed up. the 92 K longs are a breeze with a 10 rated Tesla. The 92 Shorts still take a couple of Medkits even with an amped up 11 Heavy.
    I have been avoided the Short contests, but am getting real bored with a steady diet of 92 K Longs.

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchedy.
  • Options
    A guy in my Amazon Clan had 13000 pts and solid 10th place. He went to bed exhausted with 45 min left to go. You guessed it, finished 11th.

Now the bad news: As I feared, the Medusa fully upgraded is no match for the 92 K Short defense. The ratings are messed up. the 92 K longs are a breeze with a 10 rated Tesla. The 92 Shorts still take a couple of Medkits even with an amped up 11 Heavy.
    I have been avoided the Short contests, but am getting real bored with a steady diet of 92 K Longs.

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchedy.

Nah it's not just you, believe me. I think anyone who has been playing for any length of time is now a "victim" of their own success because of the new matching algorithm, They've actually assigned us a handicap, not unlike adding lead weights to the saddle of a horse who has more WINS than the competition, by forcing us to fight max'd out defenses.

The newer players may never see a max'd out defense, but winning is pretty hard for them as well. In my league bracket, RANK #3 through RANK #22 range in AP 36-20. Most have 3.0-4.0 primary weapons and no secondary weapons at all In fact, the playing field is SO EVEN that the only variable left, THANKS GLU, is how much GOLD you can afford to spend.

We may still have a slight edge due to our experience and the game's complexity (there is a learning curve), but that won't last long. Competition is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but the lack of variety is boring me almost to the point of tears.

At the lead right now with 90 AP is gonna get me swapped to another bracket; this has happened before. The problem is I cannot predict where my relative rank will be once the swap occurs. I could be in with better "competitors" or I could loose my lead altogether.
  • Options
    My Silver League in Amazon only has 6 players, all of whom already have the Medusa. I am in First with 32 points, spending only free credits.

My Silver League in IOS has 30 players all of whom are looking to complete their Medusas, having a least 20 or maybe 35 parts. I am going to have to use some gold to maintain Top 3, but I want to drive a stake through the heart of this one.

Your analysis of the fairness of the algorithm as it relates to players with varying weapons level is probably correct, but my concern is that the Ratings between long and short battles is out of whack. I have no way of knowing whether this disparity exists at lower weapons levels, but at the top end these 92.1 K Short defenses are nearly unbeatable and require liberal use of Medkits to win. This means you have to cherry pick the Long contests which means playing the same boring scenario over and over.

I am probably am not disadvantaged in PVP rankings, but I am sure enjoying the game less.
  • Options
    I think you meant 92K SHORTS. I find the 69K SHORTS long winded but winnable. The drone changes that entirely. The biggest problem as I see it, is the choppy graphics for a very simple reason, we as humans rely on our eye sight to determine where the enemy is and where he might go. The "spook" doesn't have this problem. HE always knows where we are. Sort of like fighting a night battle where your enemy has night vision and you don't. LMAO

But we do have ONE advantage. We can still predict where the spook is because we recognize patterns and can exploit that, but that edge comes with experience and a cost, obviously.
  • Options
    You are right, I have corrected my post. Thanks! The issue of video breakup is the ultimate downfall of the game. Unless they fix that, it doesn't matter what weapons you have.
  • Options
    You are right, I have corrected my post. Thanks! The issue of video breakup is the ultimate downfall of the game. Unless they fix that, it doesn't matter what weapons you have.

Yep and keep in mind it's a touch screen display and as such while it's working overtime trying to display the graphics, it's not responding to touch inputs, so the ineffectiveness of a weapon is partly due to not firing at the specified rate OR shooting at something that is no no longer in your sights because it has ducked or moved ... sort of like a time delay ... seeing something that already has passed, or shooting at a phantom ... oh yeah, right ... a spook !!! LMAO
  • Options
    Yep and keep in mind it's a touch screen display and as such while it's working overtime trying to display the graphics, it's not responding to touch inputs, so the ineffectiveness of a weapon is partly due to not firing at the specified rate OR shooting at something that is no no longer in your sights because it has ducked or moved ... sort of like a time delay ... seeing something that already has passed, or shooting at a phantom ... oh yeah, right ... a spook !!! LMAO

Interesting for us iPad users: Apple is going to announce release of ios 9 at today's developers conference, specically designed for gaming, which is now the number 1 use of iPads. It should be faster, but I assume Glu will have piled on more extraneous **** to clog up the works.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Brad, I couldn't agree more with your last several posts on 92k shorts. Just plain doesn't matchup with the ease of win with the tesla and 92k longs.

You have to stay way to long exposed even with perfect aim to knock down each target, and having several guys take random pot shots at you during the exposure. The drone both messes up the frame rate/ occasion freezing, and causes victims of it's spit ball machine gun (I know yours is top notch right now) to duck and dance with unexpected return shots.

I was so hoping the Medusa would help, but you confirmed my worries - don't even think I'll try to upgrade it for a while.

Scorpion, I praise you for you tenacity at attacking the shorts, but I'm tired of spending gold on med packs to continue, and especially don't wan't to possibly loose my win streak. Rather just hit the find next opponent button and spend diamonds!
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Scorpion, I praise you for you tenacity at attacking the shorts, but I'm tired of spending gold on med packs to continue, and especially don't wan't to possibly loose my win streak. Rather just hit the find next opponent button and spend diamonds!

Believe me I'd rather be in Cleveland than fight max'd out SHORT battles. I chalk it up to conditioning. Up until the current Global Event, I was fighting short battles almost exclusively with the GARMR, which forced me into the habit of waiting for a pause, popping up, emptying my clip and moving ... it's almost 2nd nature now. My HEAVY was a 9.5 Mercury, was 5-6 weeks old and completely useless against max'd out TIER 10s, let alone 11s.

I also take target practice during the League Events and tweak my tactics. The SHORTS with DRONES and all that firing going on kills the graphics, and as I mentioned earlier, most of your shots are going wide and are not being fired at the RATE the weapon is capable of. I picked up on this because I was using my ASSAULT rifle, watched as my health was draining away, yet the clip was not being emptied as fast as it should ... so I adapted.

I was so far behind on my upgrades, that I needed to WIN those diamonds and spend as few of them as possible in the process. I dunno what to call it, my own self imposed pergatory I guess. LMAO

I never take max'd out shorts during Global Events for the same reason you mentioned ... keeping that WIN streak alive.
  • Options
    I have been experimenting with Short tactics in a non-tournament environment, and it is possible to win those contests, but it is costly in terms of Medkits, Hand Grenades, etc. and it is just not fun to fight with the video breakup preventing you from aiming. No fun, won't do it, even if I can win.

The flip side of that is that it not fun to replay the same Long scenario over and over and over. Not fun either.
  • Options
    I have been experimenting with Short tactics in a non-tournament environment, and it is possible to win those contests, but it is costly in terms of Medkits, Hand Grenades, etc. and it is just not fun to fight with the video breakup preventing you from aiming. No fun, won't do it, even if I can win.

The flip side of that is that it not fun to replay the same Long scenario over and over and over. Not fun either.

Ya know all of the effort I am expending is with the expectation that the GLU FACTORY will someday fix these problems and return the joy back to the game ... maybe I'm just wasting my time?

Anyways, after this event to grab the HEAVY, I will be sitting back for awhile and observing what Glu does next ... 10 parts to go ...