Options

Yet One More Win Streak Lost to Content Update

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Screenshot_2015-06-19-17-35-111.png

Please, please please fix this age old bug, has been around since 2.0 came out. Yet again, win streak broken by GLU glitch.

Either give a choice besides "Restart", or place pop up screen AFTER PVP has completed!

Note in the picture the open vault behind the message, aka, I lost the battle because it didn't register from the restart!

[Thanks to Scorpion for the idea to post screen shots of glitches]
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Yeah it happened to me just 15 minutes ago, so I decided to come here and see what's what ....
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    I know it's happened to me at least 4 times now. And bet it has been around since day 1. There's been several threads started with no results. Many have been bitten.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    The greatest marketing tactic in the world. Forcing people to spend money on gold to catch up.
  • Options
    The greatest marketing tactic in the world. Forcing people to spend money on gold to catch up.

I love you Angels ... lighten up it's only 7 victories and less than $1 in GOLD LOL Alright maybe $2 .... **SMILES**

I just wait for more energy and start over. Now in the final 12 hours? Well I'll give them my $2
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I love you Angels ... lighten up it's only 7 victories and less than $1 in GOLD LOL Alright maybe $2 .... **SMILES**

It adds up when you disconnect more than once.
  • Options
    It adds up when you disconnect more than once.

You're right ... what can I say. It's more annoying than anything else. I hear ya though. I figure maybe 50 of them since I started playing so ...

GLU YOU HEARD ... 1000 GOLD ... FOR EVERYONE ... the beauty is it's funny money NO FOUL
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    They got me too. This glitch is a streak killer. How long have we been begging them to fix this?
  • Options
    It would be a lot easier to stomach if it were my error in loosing a PVP. But to have a perfect run streak slip through your hands just makes me mad.

Me 0 points, Glu continuing to chalk them up by the dozens (and thousands from everyone else!)
  • Options
    Since these Content Upgrades always come at the end of a match, it has to be deliberate. Just once I would like to see the notice before I start the match. Never happens!
  • Options
    And people wonder why I don't spend money on this game.
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    Check your store.They downloaded a new 11.0 sniper and assault rifle for in game cash,plus the 11.5 sniper and assault elite rifles for 480 gold,plus they downloaded a 11.0 heavy and a 11.0 Tesla for gold.
    All kinds of new goodies.
  • Options
    It may be deliberate ... probably more like they don't care. But the fix would appear to be a simple thing. I wonder if other GLU games have the same problem.. What's funny is that we all experience the content update at different intervals ... the payload is delivered and if you're in a battle at the time, as soon as you've finished then WHAM ... end of streak.

In the very least they should suspend all content updates during the GLOBAL.
  • Options
    And people wonder why I don't spend money on this game.

No they don't .... it's your choice is all.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Yeah, That's the ticket! This will solve all my problems - spend 'mo money!

A win streak in the GLOBAL interrupted for the delivery of a SNIPER and ASSAULT sale item ... now that's rubbing salt in the wound. Maybe if they were giving away a fully operational and equipped drone, it wouldn't sting so much. LOL
  • Options
    Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Can someone tell me at what win streak do the ap award change
  • Options
    Merc316 wrote: »
    Check your store.They downloaded a new 11.0 sniper and assault rifle for in game cash,plus the 11.5 sniper and assault elite rifles for 480 gold,plus they downloaded a 11.0 heavy and a 11.0 Tesla for gold.
    All kinds of new goodies.

I don't see anything, are you sure?
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    I don't see anything, are you sure?

Yes I'm sure,I just bought the 11.0 sniper rifle for in-game cash.Upgrading it now.
    The rest are in my store but I don't need them.
  • Options
    Got me again, come on Glue, cut it out!!! No movement arrows and buttons don't work.

Screenshot_2015-06-20-19-49-051.png
  • Options
    Hey ... I know that tune !!!!!! Did your drone help out any?

I warned you ... Always move FORWARD the first time in this scenario !!!
  • Options
    I have a theory about the no buttons glitch. It has happened to me several times, killing a streak more than once. I has occurred on both Amazon (Android) and IOS. it is always in the particular spot that you have captured and IT IS ALWAY ON THE LEFT SIDE. (Your screen shot is from the left as well.) I move right before I move up and it has never happened. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Hey ... I know that tune !!!!!! Did your drone help out any?

I warned you ... Always move FORWARD the first time in this scenario !!!

I waited the whole round, he killed 2 guys, if only he concentrated on the boss, it might have been a win. Only 8200 power.

Yeah, I like the long shot, easier to evade the missiles.

So, just today, these two loses and one from bad frame freezing, then app crash right when 2nd jugg got a load full of tesla. None directly attributable to poor play or my mistakes.

Now singing the song from Annie...
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I have a theory about the no buttons glitch. It has happened to me several times, killing a streak more than once. I has occurred on both Amazon (Android) and IOS. it is always in the particular spot that you have captured and IT IS ALWAY ON THE LEFT SIDE. (Your screen shot is from the left as well.) I move right before I move up and it has never happened. Any thoughts?

This is the "right" position. Just moved there from the left corner. Could have moved right or forward like Scorpion said.
  • Options
    This has gone from sad performance due to programming, to game is becoming a joke. This is quickly loosing its fun factor, 4 glitches in less than 24 hours, I can't even get one win streak sustained. Loosing Global position while actively playing this game is not a game I want to play!

Screenshot_2015-06-21-03-32-401.png
  • Options
    So where is the spook ... under the floor this time?
  • Options
    So where is the spook ... under the floor this time?
    He was upstairs, then after killing the 6 guards, he was gone. I'd run from left to right several times and each time the drone pointed down where I was. No way was the spook following in my steps underneath me! My guess is either behind me out of the drones field of fire, or he went to Hades where you and I once ventured! <laughing>

A conjecture; with frame rates slowing up as they are, I think this is causing problems with collision detection in the game, and hence you or the spook ends up on the other side of the wall/floor because he never ran into it, just jumped "over" it. So, fix the frame rate, you fix these glitches!

Long theory; I've used software at work that does virtual simulations. The Anthroid option we have, has 86 degrees of freedom. All joints can be manipulated except for any human limitation (not including being "double jointed.")
    There is a feature called inverse kinematics where you can grab his hand (or the tool of a multi-axis robot) and move/rotate it to an intended spot. If you move too quickly, the arm ends up in impossible positions because it can't compute quickly enough. The segment (arm/forearm/hand or finger segment) turns pink showing that it is out of physical range. Similar to the jumping through a wall scenario with collision detection.
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Same here, just lost my winning streak....

I can't understand whu this hasn't been fixed!! It has been reported months and months ago.
    Only explanation is that GLU doesn't consider this important.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Right now it is really slow to connect to the game servers.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    There was a feature in older FPS games based on the QUAKE engine that was called GOD MODE. It allowed you to move through solid objects like walls and floors. It was a developers tool to allow them to test out the game maps and routes. It also allowed you to move around without being detected. Those games were locally hosted. I believe that part of these problems are related to the fact that we're playing over the Internet. A lost packet or network hiccup can cause corruption. Collisions because the game cannot keep up ALWAYS results in undesired results. Add in sloppy code and this is what you get.
  • Options
    Two more getting stuck screenshots. For those that don't know, notice no movement arrows? Also the only button that responds is the pause button.
    Got through 1/2 a day with a win streak at least. Reboot time!

Here's a short upper level PVP (I probably contributed to this glitch - saw the forward arrow after I pushed the right arrow, easy to confuse the program and loose);

Screenshot_2015-06-21-16-16-441.png

And a short lower PVP (had to move right because of rocket coming to left corner before this shot);

Screenshot_2015-06-21-16-37-331.png
  • Options
    JEEZ what was once a hit and miss type "glitch" is happening with greater frequency. It would appear the GLUTONS cannot fix one thing without introducing another ... 1 step forward 2 steps back ... what the hell, I also had another win streak snapped because the game just up and quit with no warning.

They really need to take a break from the upgrades and fix what's wrong. You're going along smoothly for awhile and then WHAM.

This is the most frustrating part of the game. The only saving grace is that if you give your drone enough time, he WILL win the battle for you, if it's any comfort at all.

If it wasn't happening to everybody, I might take it personally *** SMILES ***