Options

GLOBAL 06/25/2015 and LEAGUE PVP

Comments

• Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    Only in USA or AUS you see people driving for 7-8 hours, right?
    Just chit-chatting buddy.
    I'm about to move to Australia within the next month or two and I'm out for info for the life down-under! :)

I guess so. I wasn't aware there's a lot of long drives in AUS. I've never been there though, but have always wanted to visit it. I was just confused on why you asked, but if it's just to chit chat, that's perfectly fine with me! :)
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    I guess so. I wasn't aware there's a lot of long drives in AUS. I've never been there though, but have always wanted to visit it. I was just confused on why you asked, but if it's just to chit chat, that's perfectly fine with me! :)

You're safe, don't worry. I have no interest in your personal data :)
    Yep, there's a 2 hours time difference and a 4 hours flight from West to East Australia, so as you can understand, these people drive a lot!
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    You're safe, don't worry. I have no interest in your personal data :)
    Yep, there's a 2 hours time difference and a 4 hours flight from West to East Australia, so as you can understand, these people drive a lot!

Oh, I know Australia is relatively large enough to do those types of drives, just not aware of why many would be driving across it. Except truckers hauling cargo, which is not why I'll be on the road. :)
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Oh, I know Australia is relatively large enough to do those types of drives, just not aware of why many would be driving across it. Except truckers hauling cargo, which is not why I'll be on the road. :)

So, have fun and enjoy the ride sir!
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    So, have fun and enjoy the ride sir!

Thank you!
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    play free energy until 3 PM see where you are ... make an adjustment if you're below 100 VP still. Get some rest, tomorrow will be easier and day 3 will be a cake walk.

Free energy till 3PM is only roughly 9 hours, so that's 27 free energy which only equates to 54 VP. I don't see how I wouldn't still be below 100?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Free energy till 3PM is only roughly 9 hours, so that's 27 free energy which only equates to 54 VP. I don't see how I wouldn't still be below 100?

Just in case this wasn't clear, my bad, in order to WIN a Silver League Event for free that's 144 VP (maximum) over a 24 hour period. That's unreasonable I would think, so you know the answer ... to WIN requires some GOLD; 100 BARS (4.99) should do it. What can I say? It's not possible to win a Silver League Event without spending some GOLD OR experiencing sleep depravation ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Just in case this wasn't clear, my bad, in order to WIN a Silver League Event for free that's 144 VP (maximum) over a 24 hour period. That's unreasonable I would think, so you know the answer ... to WIN requires some GOLD; 100 BARS (4.99) should do it. What can I say? It's not possible to win a Silver League Event without spending some GOLD OR experiencing sleep depravation ...

I definitely get that part. I was just confused on the line I quoted. It made it sound like I should reach 100VP by 3PM using only free energy.
  • Options
    I definitely get that part. I was just confused on the line I quoted. It made it sound like I should reach 100VP by 3PM using only free energy.

OK I see ... I meant get the 100 VP by any means necessary **SMILES** holding a player for ransom works wonders also !!!
  • Options
    OK I see ... I meant get the 100 VP by any means necessary **SMILES** holding a player for ransom works wonders also !!!

Well, as an update, since almost to 3PM. I'm only at 44 and ranked 12. Most of the rabbits slowed down, but SquiddyGoose who was in my original screenshot with little points made a huge jump over the past couple hours and is now leading with 140. Cujo and Itika both at 106, and the rest slowly creeping up. HJJ who made the big jump this morning in 1 hour is at 94.

Holding a player ransom?
  • Options
    Well, as an update, since almost to 3PM. I'm only at 44 and ranked 12. Most of the rabbits slowed down, but SquiddyGoose who was in my original screenshot with little points made a huge jump over the past couple hours and is now leading with 140. Cujo and Itika both at 106, and the rest slowly creeping up. HJJ who made the big jump this morning in 1 hour is at 94.

Holding a player ransom?

Yeah ... for GOLD if you don't wanna spend any of your own **SMILES**
  • Options
    Yeah ... for GOLD if you don't wanna spend any of your own **SMILES**

lol. I wasn't sure if that was something serious or not.
  • Options
    lol. I wasn't sure if that was something serious or not.

For what it's worth, I have a different take on this game than most ... call it conditioning, statistical analysis, money management ... whatever ... the bottom line is how many battles you can take in any given hour. Assuming you're winning most of your battles, the only real variable you have any control over is the NUMBER of BATTLES you can fight.

The game "gives" you 3 battles per hour ... when you're trying to overcome a handicap such as limited time available to play, you'll need more battles and there is only one way to accomplish that ... GOLD.

That's where money management kicks in ... is the RISK worth the INVESTMENT ... ROI ... so to speak.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I have a different take on this game than most ... call it conditioning, statistical analysis, money management ... whatever ... the bottom line is how many battles you can take in any given hour. Assuming you're winning most of your battles, the only real variable you have any control over is the NUMBER of BATTLES you can fight.

The game "gives" you 3 battles per hour ... when you're trying to overcome a handicap such as limited time available to play, you'll need more battles and there is only one way to accomplish that ... GOLD.

That's where money management kicks in ... is the RISK worth the INVESTMENT ... ROI ... so to speak.

Agreed. I usually wait till closer to the end to make the decision, because, well, I'd hate to make the decision early that the gun is worth some gold, spend it, then get blown out by others that decided it was worth more. :) Plus my handicap of living in the EST zone, means I can't usually watch to the end and keep my lead from challengers who are still up or can stay up due to where they live. That part really sucks. It would be nice to be able to watch till the timer counts down and play a few extra battles to keep a lead I spent all my time (and perhaps gold) to get, only to lose it. It's much easier to take a lead when you know what you're shooting for, and the leader is in bed. ;)
  • Options
    Agreed. I usually wait till closer to the end to make the decision, because, well, I'd hate to make the decision early that the gun is worth some gold, spend it, then get blown out by others that decided it was worth more. :) Plus my handicap of living in the EST zone, means I can't usually watch to the end and keep my lead from challengers who are still up or can stay up due to where they live. That part really sucks. It would be nice to be able to watch till the timer counts down and play a few extra battles to keep a lead I spent all my time (and perhaps gold) to get, only to lose it. It's much easier to take a lead when you know what you're shooting for, and the leader is in bed. ;)

Like you I am on the East Coast and I do like my 6-7 hours of sleep **SMILES** This is where statistics come in and where SCORPION can help you.

First the East Coast Handicap: we're always playing catch up from the START ... and we're always looking over our shoulders in the END (the 3 AM burden). Even on the West Coast we're still talking MIDNIGHT so the START/END game is tailored for ASIA (now that's a surprise).

The BASELINE WIN-to-LOSS ratio is a conservative 95-5 (19-1). One defeat out of every 20 battles; this includes battle defeats, restarts, network errors and so on). This is a realistic GOAL for PvP success.

The Reality of AP: It takes just 100 victories (2,500 AP) to make SILVER LEAGUE. 625 AP per Day (Global). This translates into one victory every hour using FREE ENERGY and is usually enough to win 10 weapon parts along the way. The WIN streak allows you to cluster victories on the FRONT END so you have time for SLEEP and LIFE on the BACK END. Simply put if you can string together 25 WINS in a row out of the blocks, you now have 16 hours left in the day for everything else. You haven't spent ONE BAR of GOLD in doing so.

So Far ... So Good.

If this is something you can do comfortably, reply in kind and we can continue. If you think continuing isn't worth it to you, reply in kind and I'll stop ... NO FOUL ... I have no problem with that either **SMILES**
  • Options
    Like you I am on the East Coast and I do like my 6-7 hours of sleep **SMILES** This is where statistics come in and where SCORPION can help you.

First the East Coast Handicap: we're always playing catch up from the START ... and we're always looking over our shoulders in the END (the 3 AM burden). Even on the West Coast we're still talking MIDNIGHT so the START/END game is tailored for ASIA (now that's a surprise).

The BASELINE WIN-to-LOSS ratio is a conservative 95-5 (19-1). One defeat out of every 20 battles; this includes battle defeats, restarts, network errors and so on). This is a realistic GOAL for PvP success.

The Reality of AP: It takes just 100 victories (2,500 AP) to make SILVER LEAGUE. 625 AP per Day (Global). This translates into one victory every hour using FREE ENERGY and is usually enough to win 10 weapon parts along the way. The WIN streak allows you to cluster victories on the FRONT END so you have time for SLEEP and LIFE on the BACK END. Simply put if you can string together 25 WINS in a row out of the blocks, you now have 16 hours left in the day for everything else. You haven't spent ONE BAR of GOLD in doing so.

So Far ... So Good.

If this is something you can do comfortably, reply in kind and we can continue. If you think continuing isn't worth it to you, reply in kind and I'll stop ... NO FOUL ... I have no problem with that either **SMILES**

I'm not sure what you are asking me to reply to continue going for. I know we are taking some estimates, but it takes a couple more than 100 battles to get to 2500. You don't get 25VP for the first 6 battles. Without losing, you would need 104 battles. I know, splitting hairs. That's assuming you don't lose any, and I lost a handful over the 4 days. Each time you go back to earning less than 25, you are adding to how many battles you need. The majority of the time I play, I don't have the time to get on every hour and lose a lot of time on the weekends. I'm just not pulling my phone out every hour to rattle off 3 battles.

I'm not convinced it's best for Asia, everyone has 24 hours, although I'm not saying they are at any disadvantage. Personally I'd prefer it end at midnight EST. That would be ideal for me. I have no problem staying up till midnight to mind my score. I know EST gets a 3 hour headstart over PST (assuming someone wakes up at the same local time as I do), but to me, it's the hours at the end that are the most critical. If I know what score I have to shot for, I can more easily decide if I want to go after it, or concede. In Asia, it's starting and ending in the middle of the day. I'd rather it be late at night when I don't have anything else distracting me like work, etc. :)
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you are asking me to reply to continue going for. I know we are taking some estimates, but it takes a couple more than 100 battles to get to 2500. You don't get 25VP for the first 6 battles. Without losing, you would need 104 battles. I know, splitting hairs. That's assuming you don't lose any, and I lost a handful over the 4 days. Each time you go back to earning less than 25, you are adding to how many battles you need. The majority of the time I play, I don't have the time to get on every hour and lose a lot of time on the weekends. I'm just not pulling my phone out every hour to rattle off 3 battles.

I'm not convinced it's best for Asia, everyone has 24 hours, although I'm not saying they are at any disadvantage. Personally I'd prefer it end at midnight EST. That would be ideal for me. I have no problem staying up till midnight to mind my score. I know EST gets a 3 hour headstart over PST (assuming someone wakes up at the same local time as I do), but to me, it's the hours at the end that are the most critical. If I know what score I have to shot for, I can more easily decide if I want to go after it, or concede. In Asia, it's starting and ending in the middle of the day. I'd rather it be late at night when I don't have anything else distracting me like work, etc. :)

No problem START/STOP time favors Asia because it's not in the dead of night; say 3-4 AM. While it's true that we all get 24 hours of play, much of the scoring comes in the last 6 hours; I refer to it as the LATE SURGE I was using round numbers; 100 or 104 it's really insignificant and the point I was leading to is getting away from playing 3 battles every hour ... I face the same time constraints as you do.

It gets somewhat lengthy and detailed, so I asked if YOU wanted to continue ... no sense in writing a book if you're not interested ... as I said ... NO FOUL.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    On a slightly different topic, I am wondering how the 4th of July holiday will impact the the battle between U S and Europe and Asia this weekend. Many US citizens will be grilling burgers and drinking beer this weekend. The battle for a Heavy will be hot and heavy, but many may have other things to do. It may be my imagination, but on IOS last weekend it seems like the Chinese, Russian and Japanese clans were taking it way too easy. Maybe they were saving up for the US holiday Heavy contest.
  • Options
    No problem START/STOP time favors Asia because it's not in the dead of night; say 3-4 AM. While it's true that we all get 24 hours of play, much of the scoring comes in the last 6 hours; I refer to it as the LATE SURGE I was using round numbers; 100 or 104 it's really insignificant and the point I was leading to is getting away from playing 3 battles every hour ... I face the same time constraints as you do.

It gets somewhat lengthy and detailed, so I asked if YOU wanted to continue ... no sense in writing a book if you're not interested ... as I said ... NO FOUL.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!

I agreed that 104 vs 100 is splitting hairs. Each time you lose, you basically add roughly another 4 wins you need though. So using your 95-5 win ratio, and assuming you lose 4 battles, that means you need 118 wins. Lose 5 and you need 122. That's assuming your losses all come after you win 6, and aren't back-to-back or before you reach 7 in a row again.

Agree that most like to do their scoring late, but still say I'd rather it be late as in midnight my time than the middle of the day where I have distractions. I don't have much going on from 9 or 10 till midnight, and that's when I'd like to see it end. At least for West coast, that's only 9PM, so they can still compete at that time too. It's everyone East of the West Coast, which is the majority of the US, that gets screwed by using their time. I don't see how they would be hugely disadvantaged if we ended at 12 EST.

I'm just not sure what else there is that you wanted to continue typing that gets long. :)
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    On a slightly different topic, I am wondering how the 4th of July holiday will impact the the battle between U S and Europe and Asia this weekend. Many US citizens will be grilling burgers and drinking beer this weekend. The battle for a Heavy will be hot and heavy, but many may have other things to do. It may be my imagination, but on IOS last weekend it seems like the Chinese, Russian and Japanese clans were taking it way too easy. Maybe they were saving up for the US holiday Heavy contest.

yeah. I think I'll be screwed out of this one. Where I'm going for our Fourth of July picnic, I don't get cell coverage. So I'll be at a huge lose that day. Maybe I'll get enough to get to the bronze league. But that's a big maybe. I'll be quite busy starting Wednesday.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Scorpion, I find it commendable to help train those who are interested to succeed at this game, kudos. And I agree, if you can't at least devote once every hour to this game to play your 3 freebies, then just play the game for fun.

We all have priorities, mine is when at work, I work and no distractions. When I'm at home, then hit the most I can with the time left. I have the luxury of re-arranging chores and social life in those spare 45 minute burst, so it makes the game profitable.

Getting back to the EST time, being an early riser, I have several screenshots of me in the global 1st to 3rd place. On days off, it was easy to hold a top 10 place sometimes to the end of the tournament on Amazon. That was a couple months ago, when 5500 points could do that. Typically now, I only loose about 5 places on the last day ending it 6 hours before the event ends. All for free play.

This event will be an eye opener for me if my predictions of a true brawl materialize!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »

I suspect it may be similar to Memorial Day, but without the GLITCH I hope ... since it wasn't until TUESDAY that HANDLES learned the Silver League Event did NOT kick off, if memory serves. On that fateful day I had 35 PARTS ... this HEAVY weekend, who knows ...

I have thought about it though and I see no reason to deviate from my goal of 20 parts in the Global. If the unthinkable happens, well ...
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Scorpion, I find it commendable to help train those who are interested to succeed at this game, kudos. And I agree, if you can't at least devote once every hour to this game to play your 3 freebies, then just play the game for fun.

We all have priorities, mine is when at work, I work and no distractions. When I'm at home, then hit the most I can with the time left. I have the luxury of re-arranging chores and social life in those spare 45 minute burst, so it makes the game profitable.

Getting back to the EST time, being an early riser, I have several screenshots of me in the global 1st to 3rd place. On days off, it was easy to hold a top 10 place sometimes to the end of the tournament on Amazon. That was a couple months ago, when 5500 points could do that. Typically now, I only loose about 5 places on the last day ending it 6 hours before the event ends. All for free play.

This event will be an eye opener for me if my predictions of a true brawl materialize!

I appreciate Scorpion's help as well. It's all stuff I pretty much already know, but I'm just throwing out my opinions. It's my opinion that if Glu gave us more energy storage, and didn't require us to play every hour to be competitive in the events, that they would retain more players. Retaining more players means more money, whether that be from them buying gold or their true money maker, advertisements. If they can show they have more players playing, advertisers will pay more. The same applies as well if the start/stop times appealed to more of the country. I'd be much more willing to buy gold to buy energy if I'm actually awake when the events ending and players are making a run for me. Or if the event is ending and I want to make a run for the lead. The more competition that is awake when the events are ending, the more profitable it would be for them. IMHO.
  • Options
    I agreed that 104 vs 100 is splitting hairs. Each time you lose, you basically add roughly another 4 wins you need though. So using your 95-5 win ratio, and assuming you lose 4 battles, that means you need 118 wins. Lose 5 and you need 122. That's assuming your losses all come after you win 6, and aren't back-to-back or before you reach 7 in a row again.

Agree that most like to do their scoring late, but still say I'd rather it be late as in midnight my time than the middle of the day where I have distractions. I don't have much going on from 9 or 10 till midnight, and that's when I'd like to see it end. At least for West coast, that's only 9PM, so they can still compete at that time too. It's everyone East of the West Coast, which is the majority of the US, that gets screwed by using their time. I don't see how they would be hugely disadvantaged if we ended at 12 EST.

I'm just not sure what else there is that you wanted to continue typing that gets long. :)

What else? You're kidding right? Look at what we've discussed thus far and we haven't moved on from something as simple as making the SILVER LEAGUE for free. **SMILES** I really could write a fairly lengthy piece (s) on a winning strategy, when to use GOLD, how to recognize who's behind you, how to figure out how many lie between you and a PARTS award ... the list is quite extensive I can assure you.
  • Options
    What else? You're kidding right? Look at what we've discussed thus far and we haven't moved on from something as simple as making the SILVER LEAGUE for free. **SMILES** I really could write a fairly lengthy piece (s) on a winning strategy, when to use GOLD, how to recognize who's behind you, how to figure out how many lie between you and a PARTS award ... the list is quite extensive I can assure you.

I am quite interested in your thoughts on when to use Gold, recognize who's behind me, and how to figure out how many lie between me and the parts award. I can figure that last one out based on current scores, but that's assuming they aren't still playing. Also, i usually take a screenshot once per hour when I get on to play to keep an eye on who's moving and who isn't, but what are you talking about "recognizing who's behind" me?
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I would be interested in this as well. Have been following this topic thus far.
  • Options
    I am quite interested in your thoughts on when to use Gold, recognize who's behind me, and how to figure out how many lie between me and the parts award. I can figure that last one out based on current scores, but that's assuming they aren't still playing. Also, i usually take a screenshot once per hour when I get on to play to keep an eye on who's moving and who isn't, but what are you talking about "recognizing who's behind" me?

Screen shots only list the TOP 30, so in game tools are really useless in this regard. Now you can't recognize these players ny NAME because you din't know that, but you can assign them your own name for tracking purposes. Ever put down the game and notice you just slipped 5 or 6 ranks? There is a way to track those players using as little as 10 victories (the larger the sampling, the more accurate your predictions) in quick succession and noting how your relative RANK changes, by how many RANKS it changes and by how fast it changes ... this gives you a visual representation where you stand relative to everyone else, that would be otherwise impossible. It also gives you an idea how many victories you will need per hour to maintain your RANK or progress in RANK. It's all mathematical; at first you'll need a scratch pad but after awhile you'll be able do most of this in your head, on the fly while your playing.

But I think one of the most useful aspects of this for me, is to know when it's SAFE to stop playing and for how long. For example, I was able to stop playing in a Global Event with just over 3 hours remaining and only lost 4 RANKS because the numbers suggested tha all I needed to do was register 3 wins per hour to maintain my RANK.
  • Options
    Screen shots only list the TOP 30, so in game tools are really useless in this regard. Now you can't recognize these players ny NAME because you din't know that, but you van assign them your own name for tracking purposes. Ever put down the game and notice you just slipped 5 or 6 ranks? There is a way to track those players using as little as 10 victories in quick succession and noting how your relative RANK changes, by how many RANKS it changes and by how fast it changes ... this gives you a visual representation where you stand relative to everyone else, that would be otherwise impossible. It also gives you an idea how many victories you will need per hour to maintain your RANK or progress in RANK. It's all mathematical; at first you'll need a scratch pad but after awhile you'll be able do most of this in your head, on the fly while your playing.

But I think one of the most useful aspects of this for me, is to know when it's SAFE to stop playing and for how long.

Oh. Yeah. For global. I was thinking about the league plays. That's all assuming players are relatively spaced apart the same, but should give you a general idea. I understand what you're saying.
  • Options
    Oh. Yeah. For global. I was thinking about the league plays. That's all assuming players are relatively spaced apart the same, but should give you a general idea. I understand what you're saying.

**SMILING** great now you get where I am coming from and they don't need to be evenly spaced apart. What's important is how long it takes to leapfrog over the entire bunch.

This will work for League play as well and it works faster because you can see everyone in your bracket so there's no need to predict what you can't see. Here's an example. Today I was 6-7 hours late in starting and when I did get into the game, the leader had only 58 AP followed by RANK #2 with 42 AP and 4-5 others in the 30 AP range. From this I immediately knew that the leader was probably the ONLY one using GOLD; all I had to do was calculate the rate at which he was spending it.

I won't bore you with the details, but the last I checked HE had 100 AP and was now in 2nd place. You can guess who's leading now **SMILES** All I needed to do was spend 100 GOLD (4.99) to make up for the 6 hour head start I had spotted the field, but what was important was I knew straight away who the real threats were. It wasn't the now former leader where my late competition will come from, it was that slow deliberate almost invisible player who wasn't spending GOLD but was winning at a steady, PREDICTABLE rate. Now in an hour or two, he's gonna make a run at me ... I'll be waiting for him.
  • Options
    geolikegeolike Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 22 Posts