Options

8/20/2015 Sniper Global Event

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I think a Bi-monthly plan makes sense. The reality is that the shelf life of weapons, particularly Heavies, even a great Heavy like the Siege Tower. is really no more than 60 days. Teslas might be 90 days and it seems like the plan can ignore Snipers and Assault weapons, since you can buy and upgrade them with game $.

I intend to give it some more thought and revisit it, probably after the Global.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I think a Bi-monthly plan makes sense. The reality is that the shelf life of weapons, particularly Heavies, even a great Heavy like the Siege Tower. is really no more than 60 days. Teslas might be 90 days and it seems like the plan can ignore Snipers and Assault weapons, since you can buy and upgrade them with game $.

I intend to give it some more thought and revisit it, probably after the Global.

Fair enough ... we can talk about this in more detail next week hopefully before the next Global since that is when we'll be entering the next segment of TOOBAD.

Good Hunting !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    While I want to give it some more thought, I can't imagine any modification of TOOBAD that would not involve getting you hands on serious weaponry next week.

BTW I have lost track of your original TOOBAD post. Would you be kind enough to remind me where it is or repost it here, or better still repost it in its very own TOOBAD thread? It deserves a thread of its very own.
  • Options
    While I want to give it some more thought, I can't imagine any modification of TOOBAD that would not involve getting you hands on serious weaponry next week.

Yeah I figured as much. I was trying to figure out a way of performing upgrades of the TESLA less often than upgrades of the HEAVY. That may not be possible though using the VIP method since you get a TESLA on your way to the HEAVY ... oh well 60 days looks to be the best option. Problem resolved; but still give it some more thought.

I refer to my inventory of SNIPERS as "SNIPER GLUT" ... in short order we'll be adding something labeled "TESLA GLUT" to the mix. Whilst I cannot avoid grabbing the TESLA, I can definitely see skipping the deployment of every other TESLA and not upgrading it at all. Sort of ironic when you think about it.

TOOBAD will be providing us with more TESLAS than we can use; You've got to agree that it is amusing.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Yeah I figured as much. I was trying to figure out a way of performing upgrades of the TESLA less often than upgrades of the HEAVY. That may not be possible though using the VIP method since you get a TESLA on your way to the HEAVY ... oh well 60 days looks to be the best option. Problem resolved; but still give it some more thought.

Could you repost the original TOOBAD post, maybe in a thread of its own? I have lost track of it and newcomers may be interested in the background.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Could you repost the original TOOBAD post, maybe in a thread of its own? I have lost track of it and newcomers may be interested in the background.

Thanks!

No problem ... most of the details we worked on are under "Should We Use Diamonds or GOLD for Upgrades". That's probably why you cannot find it.
  • Options
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 08/20/2015 14 HOURS REMAINING:
    12,695 Registered Players (3 hours after start).

RANK #1: 55,838 AP (JUVENDINO) ... 2.95M Drone.
    RANK #2: 51,543 AP (SAM) ... 2.95M Drone.
    RANK #3: 45,102 AP (SERGEI) ... 2.95M Drone.
    RANK #10: 34,507 AP (R3K0J) ... 2.95M Drone.
    RANK #30: 24,010 AP (CAPTAINANEESH) ... *** 51K Drone.***

RANK #396: 3,547 AP (SCORPION) ... Just cruising (as usual) ... Going to break out soon; awaiting VIP.

Somehow the drone feature miraculously repaired itself. I'm now at 105K Power (107/150 Level) that's a jump from 91K to 105K in just two (2) levels so it seems the XP required to make level jumps is getting smaller (rather the power jumps are getting larger); I may make 369K by Labor Day **SMILES**
    ... Sooner I hope, depending on how long my fuse supply lasts; fuses are dwindling fast:

60 x 24 XP
    60 x 25 XP
    196 x 8 XP

My latest observations regarding the leaderboard reveals that the board has changed 4 times in as many weeks; the all-time leaders are long gone as well. So the side effect of hacking is once you've climbed to the top, any "normal" person would get bored real quick, since they never actually earned that status. The problem is there are always more hacks willing to fill in the ranks.

What's the point? ... AND ... Will it ever end?

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Scorpion I have done a little thinking on your upgrade cycle question and I believe that the Heavy needs to be on a Bi-monthly refresh cycle. Teslas may go the full 90 days and you can pick up assaults and snipers as biproducts of VIPs or for game $, but the Heavy, even a great Heavy like the ST, is not going to get you through more than two Tiers. More later.
  • Options
    Scorpion I have done a little thinking on your upgrade cycle question and I believe that the Heavy needs to be on a Bi-monthly refresh cycle. Teslas may go the full 90 days and you can pick up assaults and snipers as biproducts of VIPs or for game $, but the Heavy, even a great Heavy like the ST, is not going to get you through more than two Tiers. More later.

Yeah OK where's my man BRAD and who are you? I spoke to BRAD at 10:42 AM:

Have you infiltrated our network and stealing our top secret communications?

Are you holding BRAD? What will it take to have him safely returned?

How's your wife doing these days?
  • Options
    Thanks for worrying about my safety Scorpion. Wife is doing good, except still no voice.

One of the things that I am thinking about is the cost of weapons upgrades. We have figured out how to get great guns: Jump into the juiciest Super VIPs. Getting the guns is only the first step. 13.5 Weapons required 19.7 M to fully upgrade, the 14.5 Weapons require 35.7 M to fully upgrade. Compare that to the cost of fully upgrading to Tier 14 which will cost 63.1 M, including the cost of unlock. The 15.5 weapons may cost close to the expense of upgrading a full Base Tier.

This makes the issue of the length of the Weapons refresh cycles very important. If you can squeeze that extra month out of a weapon that will allow you to upgrade your Base or your Drone. If you have to commit to weapons upgrade every 4 weeks, the other upgrades will suffer or more likely have to be abandoned.

The good news is, the ST and the Flare are probably going to work for another 4 weeks, though if they release Tier 15 before the September Heavy Global, you may be burning through some Medkits.
  • Options
    Thanks for worrying about my safety Scorpion. Wife is doing good, except still no voice.

One of the things that I am thinking about is the cost of weapons upgrades. We have figured out how to get great guns: Jump into the juiciest Super VIPs. Getting the guns is only the first step. 13.5 Weapons required 19.7 M to fully upgrade, the 14.5 Weapons require 35.7 M to fully upgrade. Compare that to the cost of fully upgrading to Tier 14 which I estimate will cost 65 M including the cost of unlock. The 15.5 weapons may cost close to the expense of upgrading a full Base Tier.

This makes the issue of the length of the Weapons refresh cycles very important. If you can squeeze that extra month out of a weapon that will allow you to upgrade your Base or your Drone. If you have to commit to weapons upgrade every 4 weeks, the other upgrades will suffer or more likely have to be abandoned.

The good news is, the ST and the Flare are probably going to work for another 4 weeks, though if they release Tier 15 before the September Heavy Global, you may be burning through some Medkits.

Remember we are in early release mode ... the TIER 15 release coincides with the HEAVY Global. It makes no sense whatsoever to upgrade every month, that's just trading in one treadmill for a more expensive treadmill ... so here's the deal.

We can get around the TESLA problem by ignoring the fact we have it (them), UNTIL it's needed ... if ever. Just wait for the 90-day shelf life to run it's course and pull out another TESLA ... I'm going to call this phenomenon "TESLA GLUT". It's another benefit of our strategy ... we will soon have more TESLAS than we can possibly use; this is a good thing.

The 60 day cycle for the HEAVY remains in effect, but staggered in 30 day intervals. In other words, we grab the HEAVY each month, on schedule, but again there's no need to upgrade (swap out) the weapon until it's needed. I'll call this phenomenon "HEAVY ON DEMAND".

The key being no upgrades until the weapon is actually needed which means we might actually skip using a HEAVY or a couple of TESLAS during the TOOBAD cycle. We can't skip the VIP Event, but who says we have to use every prize that we pick up along the way.

What a strategy ... D.A.M.N. we're good !!!

So to sum up we pluck down the $250 or so each month, grab the weapons and prizes, upgrade when required to do so ... simple yet elegant.
  • Options
    This is a great plan. One more thing I hope to explore: the Super VIP on the week of the Tesla Global may feature the Tesla as the top Super weapon. I wish I had been paying more attention to this, but I know that one month I got a Super VIP Tesla that lasted forever. I will try to figure that one out next month.
  • Options
    This is a great plan. One more thing I hope to explore: the Super VIP on the week of the Tesla Global may feature the Tesla as the top Super weapon. I wish I had been paying more attention to this, but I know that one month I got a Super VIP Tesla that lasted forever. I will try to figure that one out next month.

This would be great because we could then separate the TESLA from the HEAVY. That would be much more efficient.

I also forgot to mention that the matching algorithm is irrelevant since we'll always be matched against the best the game has to offer ... problem is the BEST will never be GOOD ENOUGH to win; against us anyways.
  • Options
    With 8 hours remaining on the IOS Global, here is how it looks:

#1 21260 DG1923
    #2 17032 Tonyzaper22
    #10 14007 Bradr752 Apparently I have decided I need a top 10 finish which makes no sense at all
    #30 8411 Arcangie
  • Options
    With 8 hours remaining on the IOS Global, here is how it looks:

#1 21260 DG1923
    #2 17032 Tonyzaper22
    #10 14007 Bradr752 Apparently I have decided I need a top 10 finish which makes no sense at all
    #30 8411 Arcangie

It's not the SNIPER you're after, I know this. A good ole fashioned dose of patience is what you need. Besides your All-Time Leader Board position "trumps" what makes sense.

You may actually make it to #1 by the time the dust settles. THAT will be our legacy.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 08/20/2015 6 HOURS REMAINING:

RANK #1: 60,188 AP (JUVENDINO) ... 2.95M Drone. We have a new champ.
    RANK #2: 57,218 AP (SAM) ... 2.95M Drone.
    RANK #3: 46,284 AP (DENIS) ... 2.95M Drone.
    RANK #10: 38,610 AP (ANK) ... *** 55K Drone.***
    RANK #30: 28,268 AP (CAPTAINANEESH) ... *** 51K Drone.***

RANK #370: 4,047 AP (SCORPION) ... Just cruising (as usual) ... Going to break out soon; awaiting VIP.

• Options
    Coming into the close of the IOS Global, here is my final summary:

#1 21335 DG1923
    #2 18057 Tonyzaper22
    #7 15482 Bradr752
    #10 14946 Sidver
    #30 8846 Landeros009

My stats:

Total VP: 1260
    Total AP: 15482
    Total wins: 628, 2 losses
    Average Vault: 63 K

Diamonds won: 39.6 M
    Diamonds produced: 2.0 M
    Total Diamonds: 41.6 M

Total Energy Credits Used: 628
    Free Energy: 276

Final cost: 2400 Gold, $75.00, quite cheap for a top 10 finish.

I finish with a 410 K Drone with 410 K accessories and a Tier 14 Base at 916.48 K.

And late breaking news: The Gold League is competing for the Sapphire, 13.5 Heavy, 921K/1.41m. Nobody will care if they end this one early.
  • Options
    Scorpion, the VIP is up an running, nothing interesting in the VIP, but I will post the Super VIP in the morning.
  • Options
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 08/20/2015 FINAL RESULTS:

RANK #1: 60,000+ AP (JUVENDINO) ... We have a new champ.
    RANK #2: 58,000+ AP (SAM)
    RANK #3: 50,000+ AP (DENIS)

RANK #370: 4,047 AP (SCORPION) ... 15 PARTS down ... 35 PARTS to go

This morning I observed something very strange which I've never seen before on Google Android.

After 3 WINS I was RANKED #6 ... that's not strange at all ... but there are only 6 players in my bracket. This has got to be an aberration, but if it were to persist over the remaining League Event(s), that would result in 36 WEAPONS PARTS that are essentially gifts ... when I thought I had seen it all.

Could this be a symptom of the mass exodus that I predicted?
    SCORPION vs HACKERS is all that's left?

Anyways today it's time to visit the SUPPLY DEPOT and stock up on some supplies:

... 13.5 HIPPO SNIPER (a clone of the GIRAFFE offered in this week's Global / League Events)
    ... 12 x TIER 9 FUSES (I can use some of these)
    ... 1 x 92K MACHINE GUN for LITTLE ME
    ... Assortment of other stuff like medkits, rockets, grenades, some older weapons for the kids
    ... Some CASH and about 100K DIAMONDS

Super VIP doesn't impress this week; I'll finish up next week or next month, who knows ...
    SIEGE TOWER and FLARE are still kicking some read end so there's no immediate need for upgrades.

*** TOOBAD ***

• Options
    When I couldn't get anybody else to check out the Super VIP, I was forced to do it myself. Here is what you can get:

5750 Gold Dragoon Assault, 14.5, 1.02M/1.68M

7000 Gold Black Hole Tesla, 14.5, 1.84M/2.83M
  • Options
    The Black Hole is real tempting, but the upgrade cost will be 35.7 M and my Flare is doing surprisingly well. I will wait for the 15.5 Tesla.

TOOBAD says: Nothing to see here, move on!
  • Options
    EXACTLY ... patience, patience my friend. Next week is the ticket for 15.5. I'm still considering 16.5 for next upgrade. The FLARE is doing fine against TIER 14 and the SIEGE TOWER is still holding it's own as well. TOOBAD appears to be working as intended.

On another note, I recently went from 105K (Level 107/150) to 114K (Level 108/150). The last two level jumps were a pleasant surprise since that would seem to indicate the pace is quickening.
  • Options
    Of course, the don't say what the Machine Gun rating is at 1600 Level but it looks like a 92 K. May be worth a look if you are going to buy in anyway. Better than spinning for it.
  • Options
    Of course, the don't say what the Machine Gun rating is at 1600 Level but it looks like a 92 K. May be worth a look if you are going to buy in anyway. Better than spinning for it.

Please clarify Machine Gun rating at 1600? Also, I would think everything "looks like 92K" until you get to 410K, no?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Please clarify Machine Gun rating at 1600? Also, I would think everything "looks like 92K" until you get to 410K, no?

The blue coloring on the machine gun has been used for 92K weapons, as well as other Power ratings. I wish they would just label this stuff so you could tell.
  • Options
    The blue coloring on the machine gun has been used for 92K weapons, as well as other Power ratings. I wish they would just label this stuff so you could tell.

Yeah I noticed the color shift from green to blue ... at least it adds some contrast LMAO

I am surely enthralled that I don't compete for weapons parts prizes. Have you looked at the league prize structure these days? It make totally no sense at all ... they're offering a 13.5 HEAVY for first prize, when a 14.5 HEAVY will be up for grabs in a few days. SMH

The competition might be lighter than usual, but you still need to win 3 days outright ... it truly is ridiculous ... GLU must give no thought at all to these prizes; akin to throwing darts at a board with pictures of weapons on it LOL
  • Options
    Every player in the Gold League already has a better Heavy than the Sapphire. Folks will be playing to the 100 Gold milestone. I am playing for the 10 Tier 12 30 XP Drone modules each day. I am back to the tedious process of fusing a Drone upgrade 16 K at a time.
  • Options
    If it's any consolation at all, I burned through 4,000+ XP-4s in under a week ... you should do it faster I would think **SMILES** I'm also down to less than 100 XP-8s so I can now start using the high value fuses.

All things considered, getting to 114K using those old leftover CKS 2.0 drone parts was a minor achievement in itself.
  • Options
    After taking a closer look at the 14.5 BLACK HOLE 1.84M / 2.83M and comparing it to the 13.5 FLARE 1.41M (FULL), it became apparent that this might be a vastly superior weapon.

It is most likely the same weapon (probably a clone) that will be offered during the HEAVY Global VIP next week.

So the question I faced when I awakened early this AM was whether to go for it; less than 2,000 GOLD to finish out the current Super VIP and 3,500 GOLD to grab the same weapon in next week's VIP ...
    ... I couldn't resist the logic of it any longer.

I have no immediate plans for upgrading it however, therefore the "TESLA GLUT" has been formally activated. I'll equip it at my leisure until I actually need it. What prompted me to consider this was a few 100K Vaults I ran into last night; all max'd out TIER 14 LONGS.

LEAGUE STATS:
    GLOBAL - 15 PARTS (RANK #370)
    DAY #1 - 12 PARTS (RANK #6) ... field was only eight (8) players deep ... unreal.
    DAY #2 - TBD - another short field of only 9 players; could GLU finally be cleaning house?
    DAY #3 - TBD

Observation: The first two (2) League Events have fielded 8 and 9 players respectively in my bracket. This could indicate (1) everyone is gone (2) GLU has started cleaning house (3) my Global AP of 4,047 was so low (I doubt this) that I was placed with the nags in some oddball group.

I've made RANK #300 on the All-Time Leaderboard with 15,829 VP. Oorah.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Gee, I thought you would be much higher than 15,829? I'm in the mid 15's, and only quarter filled out T13, 12k drone. Guess I just putter along in the right hand lane. Gets good mileage, though! I'm slowly coming up to the top 30 AT.