Options

8/27 14.5 Heavy Global

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
I know I am jumping the gun a little, but I wanted to begin thinking about the upcoming Global. If Glu follows the normal pattern, this will be the start of the 14.5 Global cycle, and will be for a Heavy.

As of this moment, the only 14.5 Heavy in the Glu store is the Siege Tower, which many of us own from last month's VIP. Those of you who don't own the gun are sick of hearing about how great that gun is, so I won't irritate you further with another rave review.

My expectation is that something very much like the Siege Tower will be offered as the top 30 Heavy and that they will add a top 10 Heavy, also 14.5, but with more impressive max ratings. This gun is very unlikely to justify the costs of upgrade, which for a 14.5 weapon are 63.1 M Diamonds.

Since the VIP ends tonight, I do not think that another VIP will be offered in connection with the Global.

In short, this Global may well turn out to be a non-event, since most who would be serious contenders for a top 30 weapon will not be motivated to compete for the GLobal prizes.

Androidians, of course, will ignore this analysis and pour hundreds into the competition.
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    In anticipation of the upcoming Heavy Global, I wanted to flag some changes in my Global reporting methodology. I am going to simplify my reports, making it easier for me and hopefully, more useful to forum members.

I will continue to report top scores, 10th and 30th scores, but won't identify the names of those players unless they have ongoing import, that is All Time Leaderboard player. I will list the top scores so you can figure out the intensity of the competition. If I list less than the top 5, you may assume the scores are well below the listed players.

I am going to employ abreviations for the names of Leaderboard players in accordance with current Clan chat and I will identify those abbreviations in early posts.

I will continue to provide Average Player Vaults because that is useful, and will give you my cost of play in Gold, but I am not going to list Diamond takes and production.

I am going to list only changes in my setup which at the start of the Global will be:

Base Level: Tier 14, 983 K, only Base Economy upgraded, production 32 K per hour, max vault 4.03 M
    Drone: 430 K, with 410 K weapons

Weapons:
    Sniiper, Elephant, 13.5 , 745 K
    Assault, Immortal, 14.5 1.28 M
    Tesla, Flare, 13.5, 1.38 M
    Heavy, Siege Tower, 14.5, 2.75 M

You can anticipate that changes during the Global will only be to Drone Power, since that is what I am currently upgrading.

If you want any additional information, let me know and I will try to provide it.

It should be a fun Global.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I am looking forward to this particular Global Event for several reasons. It's been a long summer strewn with miscues, cancellations, postponements and the like, but several recent developments in game play appear poised to converge; this could propel this particular Global Event into the record books.

It's time to take off the gloves and rejoin my fellow warriors on the field of battle ...
    ... Google Android NOT withstanding, of course.

THE WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 13.5 HIPPO
    TESLA: 13.5 FLARE (14.5 BLACK HOLE in reserve)
    ASSAULT: 14.5 IMMORTAL
    HEAVY: 14.5 SIEGE TOWER

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this particular Global Event for several reasons. It's been a long summer strewn with miscues, cancellations, postponements and the like, but several recent developments in game play appear poised to converge; this could propel this particular Global Event into the record books.

It's time to take off the gloves and rejoin my fellow warriors on the field of battle ...
    ... Google Android NOT withstanding, of course.

THE WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 13.5 HIPPO

Black Hole in reserve! I am suffering from Tesla envy!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Since the VIP ends tonight, I do not think that another VIP will be offered in connection with the Global.

What makes you say this? There is always a VIP Event associated with the HEAVY and SNIPER Global Events ... the cyclic ALPHA and OMEGA ... as with all things GLU, this too is subject to change.

I anticipate a 14.5 TESLA (VIP) and 15.5 HEAVY and 15.5 ASSAULT (Super VIP); so I'll ask again ...
    ,,, Has SCORPION ever steered you wrong?

Not that we will need these weapons, but they should be available for grabs if anyone does need them.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options

Not TESLA envy, TESLA GLUT ... LOL ... No worries, it's clone will be available; if not in the VIP then in the TESLA Global in a few weeks. Best value is TIER 15 HEAVY Global next month.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I assume you guys are getting the occasional 1 gold required for base upgrades? I know you probably just brush it off with weekly buy-ins and such. But for us Amazon guys with no watch video for free gold, and a lousy 3rd party free gold advertisement gimmick, it's one more pia in my mind.

Someone said just play a couple pvp extra to overfill it, but even after you unsuccessfully try to top it off with your production stash, then put another ~165k diamonds from 3 pvp to overfill it, a level up still requires the 1 gold.

Happens in Tier 13 and I hear Tier 14.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I assume you guys are getting the occasional 1 gold required for base upgrades? I know you probably just brush it off with weekly buy-ins and such. But for us Amazon guys with no watch video for free gold, and a lousy 3rd party free gold advertisement gimmick, it's one more pia in my mind.

Someone said just play a couple pvp extra to overfill it, but even after you unsuccessfully try to top it off with your production stash, then put another ~165k diamonds from 3 pvp to overfill it, a level up still requires the 1 gold.

I know you've complained about this before. Personally, I've never seen such; maybe it's something unique to Amazon?
  • Options

I get this occassionally as well and it sucks! While the 1 Gold to purchase an upgrade is not much, it is a real irritant. Why do they do that?
  • Options

You may have missed this post since it was 08/25 at 2:45 AM:
    After taking a closer look at the 14.5 BLACK HOLE 1.84M / 2.83M and comparing it to the 13.5 FLARE 1.41M (FULL), it became apparent that this might be a vastly superior weapon.

It is most likely the same weapon (probably a clone) that will be offered during the HEAVY Global VIP next week.

So the question I faced when I awakened early this AM was whether to go for it; less than 2,000 GOLD to finish out the current Super VIP and 3,500 GOLD to grab the same weapon in next week's VIP ...
    ... I couldn't resist the logic of it any longer.

I have no immediate plans for upgrading it however, therefore the "TESLA GLUT" has been formally activated. I'll equip it at my leisure until I actually need it. What prompted me to consider this was a few 100K Vaults I ran into last night; all max'd out TIER 14 LONGS.

LEAGUE STATS:
    GLOBAL - 15 PARTS (RANK #370)
    DAY #1 - 12 PARTS (RANK #6) ... field was only eight (8) players deep ... unreal.
    DAY #2 - TBD - another short field of only 9 players; could GLU finally be cleaning house?
    DAY #3 - TBD

Observation: The first two (2) League Events have fielded 8 and 9 players respectively in my bracket. This could indicate (1) everyone is gone (2) GLU has started cleaning house (3) my Global AP of 4,047 was so low (I doubt this) that I was placed with the nags in some oddball group.

I've made RANK #300 on the All-Time Leaderboard with 15,829 VP. Oorah.

*** SMILES ***

It was a conscious decision on my part to complete Super VIP at the time, foregoing the upcoming VIP Event; instead looking forward to next month's maintenance cycle, Purely mathematical ... I just could not ignore the numbers ... besides I liked the name "BLACK HOLE" LOL
  • Options
    I saw your earlier post, and like your strategy. Congratulations on your top 300 status.
  • Options
    I saw your earlier post, and like your strategy. Congratulations on your top 300 status.

Thanks ... I like round numbers; this and $5 US will buy me a pint.

It is a testament to perseverance and consistency on a platform mainly composed of hacks, lunatics, mad med and egomaniacs. The #300 RANK All-Time was also conjunct my average Global ranking over the last couple of months since all hell broke loose on Google Android; I thought it note worthy to me.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    I get this occassionally as well and it sucks! While the 1 Gold to purchase an upgrade is not much, it is a real irritant. Why do they do that?

I absolutely hate odd numbers and leftover bits, so this would actually drive me bananas ... you want to see someone lose it?
  • Options
    New Content Update added a 14.5 Heavy: the Helepolis, 14.5 1.54M/2.51M as parts, less impressive than the ST, 14.5, 2.82M max. Both feature optics, not iron sights, which is a plus IMO. Maybe those are tomorrow's Global Heavies, but I am still expecting the top 10 Gun to have more firepower.
  • Options
    New Content Update added a 14.5 Heavy: the Helepolis, 14.5 1.54M/2.51M as parts, less impressive than the ST, 14.5, 2.82M max. Maybe those are tomorrow's Global Heavies, but I am still expecting the top 10 Gun to have more firepower.

The GLU cyclic release schedule is completely understood now. All I needed was two (2) complete upgrade cycles to confirm the findings. What you just saw was the HEAVY TOP 30 and PARTS Prize. What will actually show up on Global Day for TOP 10 is a clone of what we now have ... identical in specs I'm sure of it.

Keep us posted ...

I'm almost at the point where I could generate a "Prizes and Release Calendar" for the rest of the year, with a high degree of confidence.

Wouldn't that be useful ... not having to wait for content updates and store sales? Also if you could remember, I'm thinking that these updates are on a predefined automatic schedule. Again if you recall, note the date / time the update was pushed ... being able to predict CONTENT UPDATES would be of immense value as well.
  • Options
    The GLU cyclic release schedule is completely understood now. All I need was two (2) complete upgrade cycles to confirm the findings. What you just saw was the HEAVY TOP 30 and PARTS Prize. What will actually show up on Global Day for TOP 10 is a clone of what we now have ... identical in specs I'm sure of it.

Keep us posted ...

I'm almost at the point where I could generate a "Prizes and Release Calendar" for the rest of the year, with a high degree of confidence.

Wouldn't that be useful ... not having to wait for content updates and store sales?

Helopolis should be the Top 30 Heavy, we will not see the Top 10 gun until the start of the Global. I think it will have bigger numbers than the ST, but probably not enough to justify the expense of a Top 10 finish, even on IOS.

The ST reigns supreme for another month! TOOBAD must be ecstatic!
  • Options
    Helopolis should be the Top 30 Heavy, we will not see the Top 10 gun until the start of the Global. I think it will have bigger numbers than the ST, but probably not enough to justify the expense of a Top 10 finish, even on IOS.

The ST reigns supreme for another month! TOOBAD must be ecstatic!

YES and for what it's worth, I believe the VIP (Very Important Players LOL) is a release of the prizes of a future Global Event. Nothing fancy or special, just a chance to get a weapon a month ahead of the general populous ... I maintain that the HEAVY Global will offer an identical clone of the ST. I could be wrong, but then again when has SCORPION steered ......
  • Options
    YES and for what it's worth, I believe the VIP (Very Important Players LOL) is a release of the prizes of a future Global Event. Nothing fancy or special, just a chance to get a weapon 2 months ahead of the general populous ... I maintain that the HEAVY Global will offer an identical clone of the ST. I could be wrong, but then again when has SCORPION steered ......

My prediction is that the top Gun will max out at about 3.4M, slightly better than the ST. This will make for an intense race for the Top 10 on IOS, because none of the top players will want the Helopolis, they already own the ST.

A top gun, even at 3.4 M max, does not justify the 36M Diamond upgrade cost for a 14.5 weapon for those who own the ST.
  • Options
    My prediction is that the top Gun will max out at about 3.4M, slightly better than the ST. This will make for an intense race for the Top 10 on IOS, because none of the top players will want the Helopolis, they already own the ST.

A top gun, even at 3.4 M max, does not justify the 36M Diamond upgrade cost for a 14.5 weapon for those who own the ST.

That's for sure and you may be correct, either way that's why TOOBAD encourages us to skip VIP for weapons that are still effective and shoot for bi-monthly upgrades. As I stated previously, it's counterproductive to trade in a treadmill for a more expensive treadmill. You may want that 15.5 but it's best to wait it out, if you can.
  • Options
    An interesting fact about the heavy hitters on IOS is that every one of them already owns the ST. This means that none of the main players are going to be interested in the Helopolis, the likely Top 30 gun, which is an inferior weapon. That may mean that the competition will be less than the normal Global, or it may mean that the competition for a Top 10 gun, as yet unknown, will be horrendous.

Androidians will, of course, wet themselves at the prospect of winning a weapon less powerful than the one they already own. We will soon see!
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts

Brad, as we talked last night, I don't think Top 10 Heavy gun will have high power more then The ST or 3.4 M as you wish, because it will ruined the Heavy gun power 15.0 that GLU will sell at sometime next few weeks.

Koppu
  • Options
    Heavies are the Battering Ram, 14.5, 1.84/2.82 M same as ST and Helopolis, 14.5, 1.54/2.51 M. Scorpion was right again.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Heavies are the Battering Ram, 14.5, 1.84/2.82 M same as ST and Helopolis, 14.5, 1.54/2.51 M. Scorpion was right again.

My prediction? *** SMILES ***

Thanks for all the data you provided and continue to provide. Always enjoy hearing some of the payouts that you guys are making.
  • Options

When Has SCORPION Ever Steered You Wrong? You can pickup that 14.5 QUAZAR ELITE, (if it tickles your fancy) it's identical to the BLACK HOLE, I believe ** SMILES **

Now the bigger question, the TOP 10 Prize is identical to the SIEGE TOWER, the TOP VIP Prize is identical to the BLACK HOLE, I know that the Super VIP Prizes will be 15.5 ASSAULT and 15.5 HEAVY (you care to second guess me again?, but always TRUST then VERIFY) ... so what am I competing for? I need to remind myself from time to time since TOOBAD has taken control ...

Oh Yeah DIAMONDS ... Gloves are back on ... D.a.m.n ... I was looking forward to competing in this Global Event.

• Options
    Scorpion, right again! Super VIP: 5750 Werewolf Elite Assault, 15.5 and at 7000 Silk Heavy, 15.5, 3.07M/503M. Silk supposed to be good right out of the box, but first level upgrades cost 1.46 M.
  • Options
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 08/27/2015 3 DAYS 19.5 HOURS REMAINING:
    13,062 Registered Players (4 hours after start).

RANK #1: 6,035 AP (SADIKHAN) ... Yet another newcomer. Drone 200; weapons rated at 4.5-5.5
    RANK #2: 5,818 AP (ROKUP)
    RANK #3: 5,785 AP (WAPSI)
    RANK #10: 5,410 AP (ISAAK2015)
    RANK #30: 2,996 AP (DADA)
    RANK #3,924: 25 AP (SCORPION) ... TOOBAD has the CONN ... *** LOVING IT ***

QUICK STATS:
    DRONE: 123K - 109/150 - 921,600
    BASE: 1.25M

SNIPER: 13.5 HIPPO (13.5 GIRAFFE recently won in SILVER LEAGUE ... identical)

• Options
    My prediction? *** SMILES ***

Thanks for all the data you provided and continue to provide. Always enjoy hearing some of the payouts that you guys are making.

This week ONLY !!! The SALE of the CENTURY !!! Join TOOBAD CREW ... membership is only $50 / week ... OUR GURANTEE is simple ... we provide you with the best weapons available ... you go into battle armed to the teeth, real-time up-to-date statistical analysis rivaled by NO ONE, accurate calendar of events, personal one-on-one guidance and technical advice, and MORE ...

Don't be a spectator on the sidelines, get into the battle ... TODAY !!!

Don't miss out ... this sale will not last forever, then again nothing ever does.

Indulge yourself ... LMAO

I Crack Myself Up ... sometimes.
  • Options
    With 3 Days 18 hours to go, almost none of the heavy hitters are on the leaderboard:

#1 4708
    #10 2485
    #15 2160 Patrickpiollot
    #28 1310 Bradr752
    #30 1260

Nobody needs these Heavies

Upgraded Drone to 440K
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Then I will paly hard for upgrade those Tesla and Heavy, will inform you once I know second row of each.
  • Options
    Then I will paly hard for upgrade those Tesla and Heavy, will inform you once I know second row of each.

Great, I am really anxious to check out 15.5 upgrade costs. Thanks!
  • Options
    Here's an interesting observation ... when the starting gun was fired, a newcomer went for the lead (currently RANK #2) with a weapons rating of 4.5-5.5 and it occurred to me that I've seen this profile many times, but that's not what's noteworthy.

The mid-range weapons, say 6.5-10.5 do not show up as much. By now it's pretty much accepted that CKS 3.0 was an attempt at letting newer players get the feel of PvP, but I think the tipping point where easy victories become futile frustration lies withing these statistics.

In short summary, and by GLU design, the gravy train comes to an abrupt halt about midway through the game and GLU now expects us to earn our rankings, so to speak. So it may not be a program bug at all ... it's planned obsolescence built right into the game deliberately.

I'll need to give this some more thought and gather some hard data to confirm this.

Whilst I admit that this is the case on Google Android where lunatics reign supreme, I am curious if any of the other platforms, in general, have noticed players with 5.5 rated weapons hit the leaderboard; IOS specifically.