Options

8/27 14.5 Heavy Global

124Next

Comments

• Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    v48g0y.jpg
    I wonder who is going to take advantage of this expensive offer?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    v48g0y.jpg
    I wonder who is going to take advantage of this expensive offer?

I did! The Silk is a great Heavy. PP is running the Silk, Oldman has it, Harley has it, RWW has it, Koppu has it, Jamnslm has it.

If you need the Energy credits, it is essentially a free gun and the thing ROCKS right out of the box.
  • Options
    One hour left to go:

#1 26385
    #10 18340
    #14 16715 Bradr752
    #22 14460 Rig007
    #30 13249
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    One hour left to go:

#1 26385
    #10 18340
    #14 16715 Bradr752
    #22 14460 Rig007
    #30 13249

Jeez brother it seems like you'll need a buy in almost every week. Now I'm not in a position to question your strategy, after all I'm small potatoes, but it appears to be one helluva treadmill if you can afford it ... KUDOS
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    It's sabbatical time. I'll check forum periodically for any new developments and I'll post anything I feel will enhance the game play; meanwhile I will begin the drudgery of completing the MODERN SLAVERS campaign and completing my BASE UPGRADES, which are presently at 90%. Then it's back to drone development until the next HEAVY GLOBAL.

No new weapons to upgrade so that's a good thing; next upgrade 15.5 TESLA, 16.5 HEAVY and 16.5 ASSAULT. TOOBAD says it's time for a break. **SMILES**

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Jeez brother it seems like you'll need a buy in almost every week. Now I'm not in a position to question your strategy, after all I'm small potatoes, but it appears to be one helluva treadmill if you can afford it ... KUDOS

Ironically, I am completing August under budget. This is the least I have spent on the game, other than the month that I boycotted Glu.

Independant of the great TOOBAD strategy, that is saving me aton of dough, I have an additonal consideration: I am trying to maintain my ranking on the All TIme Leaderboard. I am being pursued by Tonyzaper22 who came within 500 VP of me two weeks ago. I have manage to open that gap up to 1900 VP.

This goal will required one SuperVIP every four weeks plus one maybe two other VIP buyings. Ironically, I am acquiring a collection of weapons that will never be used, since weapons upgrade is so expensive.

The current plan is to complete one Base upgrade a day. That should keep me ahead of TZ and get the Base complete before the release of Tier 15, which is now only 18 days away if Glu follows their usual schedule. Five upgrades down, eleven to go.

I cannot face another 4XP Drone module, so that will have to wait for a while.
  • Options
    Ironically, I am completing August under budget. This is the least I have spent on the game, other than the month that I boycotted Glu.

Independant of the great TOOBAD strategy, that is saving me aton of dough, I have an additonal consideration: I am trying to maintain my ranking on the All TIme Leaderboard. I am being pursued by Tonyzaper22 who came within 500 VP of me two weeks ago. I have manage to open that gap up to 1900 VP.

This goal will required one SuperVIP every four weeks plus one maybe two other VIP buyings. Ironically, I am acquiring a collection of weapons that will never be used, since weapons upgrade is so expensive.

The current plan is to complete one Base upgrade a day. That should keep me ahead of TZ and get the Base complete before the release of Tier 15, which is now only 18 days away if Glu follows their usual schedule. Five upgrades down, eleven to go.

I cannot face another 4XP Drone module, so that will have to wait for a while.

I hear ya ... I didn't know that these guys were literally breathing down your neck; 500 VP is definitely too close for comfort and you can't let your guard down. One Super VIP and 1-2 VIPs when needed sounds like a good plan and still within your budget. At your pace you will bring a whole new meaning to "GLUT". LOL

I started playing those MODERN SLAVERS campaigns and the game restarts after each contract ... what the hell. I Left a post on the BUG THREAD, not that it will ever get fixed SMH
  • Options
    Once again the Gold League is playing for a prize that everybody already has: The contest this week is for the Black Hole Tesla, 14.5, 1.84M/2.83M. Only one player in Gold League doesn't have either the Black Hole or the identical Quazar Elite. (He may actually have one or the other, but just hasn't unwrapped it yet.)
  • Options
    Once again the Gold League is playing for a prize that everybody already has: The contest this week is for the Black Hole Tesla, 14.5, 1.84M/2.83M. Only one player in Gold League doesn't have either the Black Hole or the identical Quazar Elite. (He may actually have one or the other, but just hasn't unwrapped it yet.)

What really adds insult to injury, is that this is the GOLD LEAGUE, the best of the best ... these players have already been there, done that ... they should be competing for a weapon that nobody has yet ... I don't get it. So you get three (3) cracks at the same weapon if you consider the TESLA Global coming up in a couple of weeks.

Actually when I first started playing PvP, I believed that the GOLD LEAGUE had better prizes. I continued that belief until you informed me otherwise. If anything, GL should be competing for weapons available next month for the rest of us; that might take the air out of the Global though, but if you make the GL the Global is really meaningless anyway. SMH

Of course this could be our own doing. Would the prize structure be appealing if there were no VIP Events?
  • Options
    I just checked the leaderboard for the first time today and thought this would be of interest.

the_leaders_20150831.png

I spent most of my day at my doctor's office (nothing serious); just wanted to get checked out.
  • Options
    Here are the Gold League stats (competing for Black Hole Tesla parts):

#1 430 Tonyzaper #4 All Time Leaderboard
    #2 410 DG1923 #7 AT Leaderboard, already owns the Black Hole
    #3 204 Bradr752, #3 AT, looking for the 100 Gold Milestone at 200 VP, I don't have a clue what Danny and TZ think they are up to.
    #4 202 Patrickpiollot, #1 AT, doing the same.
  • Options
    Here are the Gold League stats (competing for Black Hole Tesla parts):

#1 430 Tonyzaper #4 All Time Leaderboard
    #2 410 DG1923 #7 AT Leaderboard, already owns the Black Hole
    #3 204 Bradr752, #3 AT, looking for the 100 Gold Milestone at 200 VP, I don't have a clue what Danny and TZ think they are up to.
    #4 202 Patrickpiollot, #1 AT, doing the same.

Well at least Google doesn't have exclusive rights to this brand of insanity *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Well at least Google doesn't have exclusive rights to this brand of insanity *** SMILES ***

Tony and Danny finished up at 620 and 630, it was a grudge match that lasted right into the close. Sadly, TZ closed the gap with me by 400 VP. I hope that doesn't happen again today.

I was 5th at 206.
  • Options
    Tony and Danny finished up at 620 and 630, it was a grudge match that lasted right into the close. Sadly, TZ closed the gap with me by 400 VP. I hope that doesn't happen again today.

I was 5th at 206.

This sort of explains why the top players play the way they do ... it's not for weapons or prizes, it's for an agenda that us menial folk are not privy ... grudges, leaderboard, ego, etc. ... because I'm a gambler at heart and I see everything as a business transaction, I will never be able to relate to this type of play; it's just me I suppose.

It also appears that the STORE on Google is broken ... now if I had a weapon that needed to be equipped, I'd be fuming by now. LOL
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    This sort of explains why the top players play the way they do ... it's not for weapons or prizes, it's for an agenda that us menial folk are not privy ... grudges, leaderboard, ego, etc. ... because I'm a gambler at heart and I see everything as a business transaction, I will never be able to relate to this type of play; it's just me I suppose.

It also appears that the STORE on Google is broken ... now if I had a weapon that needed to be equipped, I'd be fuming by now. LOL
    Well I don't understand it either. At the "end of the day", they still need $3.00 to buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds. I just don't get it. What has been gained? 600 points in league play just does not make any sense.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Well I don't understand it either. At the "end of the day", they still need $3.00 to buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds. I just don't get it. What has been gained? 600 points in league play just does not make any sense.

It doesn't make any sense in terms of cost efficiency, but some players love the competition, and the cost of the day's play was "only" $70. (My play yesterday cost $7.90)

I chatted with DG1923 on clan chat this morning, and he had a great time yesterday. He was proud of his win. His gaming budget is several times more than mine and he spends it in ways that don't appeal to those of us on a smaller budget, but he loves the game and is a great competitor. I just wish he wouldn't drive my nemesis to wild extravagence. I hope they don't repeat the same silliness today, but they may.

The top end of the Leaderboard is a different world, and my challenge is to play at that level without paying the big bucks. That means get 200 VP and the 100 Gold Milestone again today.
  • Options
    He was proud of his win. His gaming budget is several times more than mine and he spends it in ways that don't appeal to those of us on a smaller budget, but he loves the game and is a great competitor. I just wish he wouldn't drive my nemesis to wild extravagence. I hope they don't repeat the same silliness today, but they may.

A budget several times greater than BRAD's eh ... now that is intimidating, to say the least LOL

On another positive note a couple of hours ago I noticed I had GOLD where there was none. So I checked my Customer Care messages. Only 2-3 days after I reported the STORE was broken, they gave me this credit for my inconvenience. That is the shortest length of time, from submission to resolution, to date. Maybe GLU is getting better at such things OR TOOBAD has influences beyond the obvious and tangible. Oorah.
  • Options
    A budget several times greater than BRAD's eh ... now that is intimidating, to say the least LOL

On another positive note a couple of hours ago I noticed I had GOLD where there was none. So I checked my Customer Care messages. Only 2-3 days after I reported the STORE was broken, they gave me this credit for my inconvenience. That is the shortest length of time, from submission to resolution, to date. Maybe GLU is getting better at such things OR TOOBAD has influences beyond the obvious and tangible. Oorah.

Glu has recently started giving Gold to redress complaints. They still don't fix the problems, but they do give out Gold to compensate. Two members of my Clan (Elites) have unplayable games and they were given big Gold credits, but since their games are still unplayable, they can't spend it.
  • Options
    Glu has recently started giving Gold to redress complaints. They still don't fix the problems, but they do give out Gold to compensate. Two members of my Clan (Elites) have unplayable games and they were given big Gold credits, but since their games are still unplayable, they can't spend it.

Yeah there's that GLU logic at it's best ... award someone GOLD when not being ale to play the game. Why are the games unplayable?
  • Options
    Yeah there's that GLU logic at it's best ... award someone GOLD when not being ale to play the game. Why are the games unplayable?

Any attempts to upgrade result in reboot. Very bad.
  • Options
    Rationality restored to IOS Gold League:

#1 218 Bradr
    #2 208
    #3l 206