Content Update: 9.29.2015

HandlesHandles Advanced MemberRegistered Users 911 Posts
Attention Players!

Today is the launch of new content for Contract Killer: Sniper. The new update comes with:

Face Book Connection:
  • Connect to Face Book and invite your friends to play!
  • Make posts from the game to Face Book, such as victories in pvp!
  • Show off your new gear to your friends!



The update should be completed in a few hours for iOS and Android users. Enjoy.
Prev13

Comments

  • concernedconcerned Advanced Member Registered Users 814 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Attention Players!

    Today is the launch of new content for Contract Killer: Sniper. The new update comes with:

    Face Book Connection:
    • Connect to Face Book and invite your friends to play!
    • Make posts from the game to Face Book, such as victories in pvp!
    • Show off your new gear to your friends!



    The update should be completed in a few hours for iOS and Android users. Enjoy.

    Handles,

    First let me say that it is great to see that you are alive and still with us. However, for me, are you kidding me, CKS has been down since before 5AM PST because of Facebook?

    I certainly hope that we are not going to be inundated with pop ups during game play about posting CKS info to our Facebook page, as well as, asking for permission to access our Facebook friends list.

    This happens in a number of other IOS game apps and it is very annoying.
  • HandlesHandles Advanced Member Registered Users 911 Posts
    I do not know about those types of pop ups. But for a couple days there will be an ad about the update that pops up, but not very often.
  • concernedconcerned Advanced Member Registered Users 814 Posts
    Game just came online. An update is required but we can try to load now.
  • concernedconcerned Advanced Member Registered Users 814 Posts
    Downloaded the update just fine from iTunes on IOS. But now the game freezes after 75% at collecting packs.

    I am able to get by the following screens:

    Logging in, loading configs, loading save data, loading resources, at the collecting packs the game sits until it crashes.
  • bysbys Experienced Member Registered Users 165 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Attention Players!

    Today is the launch of new content for Contract Killer: Sniper. The new update comes with:

    Face Book Connection:
    • Connect to Face Book and invite your friends to play!
    • Make posts from the game to Face Book, such as victories in pvp!
    • Show off your new gear to your friends!



    The update should be completed in a few hours for iOS and Android users. Enjoy.

    Great that you add that c r a p and don't fix the problems first. Game lagging has been for months but nothing is done to fix it and you never reply when asking for the status of fixing it.
    YOU JUST DONT CARE! Remember who is paying your salary, it's your customers.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • ClintMcIntyreClintMcIntyre New Member Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same issue here
  • concernedconcerned Advanced Member Registered Users 814 Posts
    Besides Facebook updates, there is supposed to be performance and memory optimizations and online challenges (pick opponents directly).

    there is also a Mute option (black list) in Chat and Brag messages.

    All of this is posted in the what's new section of the app in the app store on IOS.

    Now if only the game would load, lol.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    I do not know about those types of pop ups. But for a couple days there will be an ad about the update that pops up, but not very often.

    Happy to see you're still with us ... where have you been?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Liang114Liang114 New Member Registered Users 2 Posts
    After updating the game, I have difficulty loading the game. It always hangs at "loading configs 5%" then follows an "cannot connect to server" error with error code 106020.

    Device: iPad Air
    iOS: 9.0.1
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Concerned, thanks for the info. My hope (when it arrives for Android) is that the extra ram and cpu usage caused by facebook that I will not use for security issues, is that the "performance and memory optimizations" they mention help improve the play!

    Time will tell. I notice with each new region, it takes an extra 5 seconds to play, now up to 1 min 45 sec between end of one mission to see the map again!
  • BreakYBreakY New Member Registered Users 13 Posts
    I'm having an issue where the game freezes on the initial loading screen where it says 0% during the last chunk of loading. The last thing I saw was it saying "Downloading Packs", then 0%, then freeze. If you leave it alone, it crashes back to the OS. Game was playing fine after I installed the last update today, until now which is a little after 5pm PST.

    Device: iPhone 6+
    IOS version: 9.0.1
  • concernedconcerned Advanced Member Registered Users 814 Posts
    BreakY wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where the game freezes on the initial loading screen where it says 0% during the last chunk of loading. The last thing I saw was it saying "Downloading Packs", then 0%, then freeze. If you leave it alone, it crashes back to the OS. Game was playing fine after I installed the last update today, until now which is a little after 5pm PST.

    Device: iPhone 6+
    IOS version: 9.0.1

    I was having the same problem. I finally backed my iPad up to iTunes, deleted the app off of the iPad, and reloaded the app. The app loaded a brand new game that started with no problems, except for the fact that it was starting fresh. I then restore my backup from iTunes and now I have my exist game back and the game is loading just fine.
  • concernedconcerned Advanced Member Registered Users 814 Posts
    Liang114 wrote: »
    After updating the game, I have difficulty loading the game. It always hangs at "loading configs 5%" then follows an "cannot connect to server" error with error code 106020.

    Device: iPad Air
    iOS: 9.0.1

    Try backing your iPad up with iTunes, delete the CKS app, reinstall it and then restore your backup from iTunes. It worked for me. Just keep in mind that the reinstall will be a new game. Just make sure that you do an iTunes back up before you delete the app so then you can do a restore to get your game back.
  • HutchGSHutchGS New Member Registered Users 24 Posts
    I've had no issues with the game loading and PVP match ups are much faster now (yeh!). But with the improvements they also injected a bug. Whenever the "You won 1 Gold" (or whatever amount) pops up, it locks the game up. Repeated tapping the NEXT button does nothing. The only remedy is completely exiting the game and restarting. Not devastating, but a real PITA nonetheless. I'm playing CKS on an iPhone6 running iOS 9.1 so maybe this problem is specific to this setup.
  • BreakYBreakY New Member Registered Users 13 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    I was having the same problem. I finally backed my iPad up to iTunes, deleted the app off of the iPad, and reloaded the app. The app loaded a brand new game that started with no problems, except for the fact that it was starting fresh. I then restore my backup from iTunes and now I have my exist game back and the game is loading just fine.

    Thanks, it looks like that did the trick. I lost about an hour's worth of energy for PVP though. >:- /

    I still wonder why Glu does not institute iCloud or keeping saves on the server with your FB account as an ID like other mobile game companies do. They used to do this with CKZ2 and Gun Bros. back in the day. It was so handy whenever an app had an issue and required an uninstall/re-install and you could just re-download your most recent save based on your FB account or iCloud username. Considering how much money we all have spent, or even the time spent playing and amassing gold, I'm surprised Glu hasn't addressed this basic customer safety net YET.

    If I spent $3000 and you're telling me that its my fault for not backing up my save via iTunes or iCloud, and there's no way to get my investment back over a relatively simple request that has been done before, I think that's a pretty BS move that loses you customers in the long run.
  • OlWolfOlWolf New Member Registered Users 5 Posts
    New update = screen freezes and crashes for me, too. Can't accomplish missions cause the game drops me as it loads.
  • andrewhtfandrewhtf New Member Registered Users 8 Posts
    what's even worse, when i manage to load into a mission/pvp, the screen's black!

    170645523_eacbb1ad37.jpg

    and in a short moment, game crashed and i get booted out back to iOS home screen.

    wat the hell is happening here?
  • ToogreysToogreys New Member Registered Users 36 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    Try backing your iPad up with iTunes, delete the CKS app, reinstall it and then restore your backup from iTunes. It worked for me. Just keep in mind that the reinstall will be a new game. Just make sure that you do an iTunes back up before you delete the app so then you can do a restore to get your game back.

    This actually works! Thanks! I was having all the problems listed here after the new update. Freezing at zero... Crashing to the OS all of it. Since doing the backup, deleate, reinstall and then restoreing the backup everything works Great! iPhone 6 with iOS 9.1 Thanks!!!
  • Neo1800Neo1800 Junior Member Registered Users 94 Posts
    I'll Just Say - If you've never Played Real Racing 3 - 3.6.0, APP Size-1.0 GB, iPad resource load 1.0GB.
    Total load 2.9GB.
    Great Game by the way, Great Cars, and best car raced after $25,000,000 in garage, Audi V10 Ultra.

    Which in fact does use cloud storage - seeing it happen in reatime as the game is coming into view.


    But this game, GLU As most of you noticed, GLU partial update takes place on the iPad Air 1,
    steers the update to load data from game center, completes that step, now restart the game.

    The big Flashy Splash, wait, wait, wait - ends.
    then crash back to game icon to try again.

    Now - add the fact, current version of IOS on laptop is 10.6.8, Dated version of iTunes 10.6.3 -
    does not see iPad Air with 8.4.1- so there's no backup process happing.

    The Only connection laptop see's is the iPads Photos to iPhoto, which keeps this iPad
    alive - off loading all screenshots done daily - recording the views of CK in action.



    With only 1.7GB free space left, so if in the market for new iPad, make darn sure -
    get a model with minimum 30GB. This model Air only has 12GB, and removing App's to make space is nuts.

    Contract Killer App on iPad - shows version 3.1.1 - total load 2.2GB

    So - If this game is deleted as it stands - then reloaded from game Center- then You're Screwed back to a new user, all data and levels to 140 erased.
    The End, that all folks.

    RIGHT?

    What they should have done, If Not - Complete Overhaul Chat-
    Making it no different than HangOuts, so Clans Only can share Links & Photos of game play and data necessary to make it easy to train others.

    Remove the Insane Action of chat - so if coming in late - you can scroll down to catch up -
    w/o the chat feed snapping to top every second - who is this retarded - not able to refresh
    like Twitter Feed does.

    Also - instant ban - anyone taking a **** in your face - no if's period-
    You come on as retard, interrupting - with swearing, your device never see's the game again.
    I can share many screen shots -

    Just So GLU knows, I will Not Start Over - Period!
    I've never invested so much money into any Game before, and on a regular basis.

    Now GLU went out of its way to Include FaceBook, the Most Hated App in the world -
    Killing more people on the freeway than DUI, Really? Oh Well, gotta keep the little kids happy.

    Good Luck to All,
    Here's your answer -
    21643868520_077dbbd7c0_o.png
  • mcjpaydmcjpayd Experienced Member Registered Users 100 Posts
    i don't get the point of the challenge. it says i got 2 victory pts yet i did not see the results in the tournament. kinda dumb. also, the free energy/gold/med pack etc... doesnt come til after u get a next prize or u restart the game
  • SlowknifeSlowknife New Member Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm stuck at 0%. Won't load past that. Is there any other way besides backing up and deleting then doing a restore? Will it solve itself over time?
  • Neo1800Neo1800 Junior Member Registered Users 94 Posts
    Slowknife wrote: »
    I'm stuck at 0%. Won't load past that.
    Is there any other way besides backing up and deleting then doing a restore?
    Will it solve itself over time?

    Guess you saw the Post - where it was done / backing up.
    Myself - Screwed.
    No way to backup.
  • Neo1800Neo1800 Junior Member Registered Users 94 Posts
    This is the Only Action I get - Then Welcome Back - Running IOS 8.4.1-
    Can the NEW game UPDATE run on this VERSION?
    STILL SAYS IOS 6 OR LATER.

    21822782432_cb5f919cf4_o.png
  • FlswampcatFlswampcat New Member Registered Users 2 Posts
    Oh great! Another game update. After a day of attempting to play I have just two questions.

    #1 Does anyone actually test the game before you unleash it upon the public? If so that person needs to be retrained to recognize all of the additional glitches you've added the the long list of glitches the game had already.

    #2 Do you really want your dwindling group of loyal players telling all of Facebook had badly done this game is?

    I've tried to play this on iPad, iPhone, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy phone and it freezes and crashes on them all. I'm not sure how you managed to mess up all platforms but congratulations, you did it.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Flswampcat wrote: »
    Oh great! Another game update. After a day of attempting to play I have just two questions.

    #1 Does anyone actually test the game before you unleash it upon the public? If so that person needs to be retrained to recognize all of the additional glitches you've added the the long list of glitches the game had already.

    #2 Do you really want your dwindling group of loyal players telling all of Facebook had badly done this game is?

    I've tried to play this on iPad, iPhone, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy phone and it freezes and crashes on them all. I'm not sure how you managed to mess up all platforms but congratulations, you did it.

    FYI ...

    Actually, for some unknown reason, all of the devices you listed are the most common sources of game play complaints. IOS issues seem to be OS version related most of the time; Samsung's customized versions of Android cause all kinds of headaches. Smartphones also out pace tablets as problematic. It appears the most stable Android devices are HTC and LG.

    All said, GLU has never released any formal system requirements for playing this game successfully that I am aware of, so this is one big mystery.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Chavez42Chavez42 New Member Registered Users 5 Posts
    I backed up my iPhone to iTunes. I tried to restore from backup but I'm getting a message saying I don't have enough space. Do I have to reset my phone to factory settings and then restore from backup?
  • bysbys Experienced Member Registered Users 165 Posts
    Chavez42 wrote: »
    I backed up my iPhone to iTunes. I tried to restore from backup but I'm getting a message saying I don't have enough space. Do I have to reset my phone to factory settings and then restore from backup?

    Do you have enough space on your computer? My restore failed because there was not enough space on my drive.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • SlowknifeSlowknife New Member Registered Users 2 Posts
    Day 2. Still unable to get past 0%. This sucks. Is there anyone I can ask for assistance?
  • Ljshaw3457Ljshaw3457 New Member Registered Users 21 Posts
    Game loading FREEZES with update and cannot play. Freezes as it tries to load. Can't even get into the game! I've been playing this game for several years (stops giving you level increases at 100, although I'm level 140.
    Why did you screw up the game? FIX THE LOADING LOCK-UP
  • Chavez42Chavez42 New Member Registered Users 5 Posts
    I got the same message. Unable to restore because there is not enough space.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!