Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    RANK #1: 28,319 AP (MAVRIKK)
    RANK #2: 26,034 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #3: 25,159 AP (TEDDY)
    RANK #10: 18,118 AP (TOMHANKS74)
    RANK #30: 9,046 (JACK018)
    RANK #180: 3,280 AP (SCORPION) ... Still cruising along; no expenditures.

Acquired 18.0 STALLION (took 3 VIP events) and 17.5 MAGAERA is now @ 60%; weapons deployed.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    BRAD Question: how fast is your FIND NEXT (between finds) when you run into a stream of low-powered opponents? As with all things CKS, a thread starts in my brain until the green light flashes.

*** SMILES ***

There are rare occasions when on Google Play, there is a relatively long pause and if you're not patient, you might think the game has stopped (froze). but in reality it's searching for another opponent. This pause can last 30 seconds or more and I think the longest was just about a full minute, maybe longer.

What I think is going on here is that instead of waiting until the "search engine" finds an appropriate opponent, it just serves up the first one it can find resulting in an under-powered opponent with small payout. I also believe that the longer the wait (on Google Play) the more successive opponents (on IOS) you will receive. If this is what's happening, then it's a timing or "handshake" issue and should be simple to fix.

HANDLES ... you heard?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    With 17 Hours to go in the IOS Global, here is what we have:

#1 21011 Superdad
    #2 19516 Tonyzaper23 #4 AT Leaderboard
    #3 18771 Ausausa #3 AT Leaderboard
    #10 13483 Daddyboy #13 AT Leaderboard
    #11 13364 DG1923 #5 AT Leaderboard
    #13 12554 Bradr752 #2 AT Leaderboard
    #23 10182 Kohaisan #7 At Leaderboard
    #27 9324 Oldman7044 #6 AT Leaderboard
    #30 9103 Harley2015 #8 AT Leaderboard
    All the major players are still in the hunt this Global (Patrickpiollot #1 AT is no longer active)

Base: Tier 17, 11.8M

Drone: 2.95M, with MG, 1.74M, HR, 2.18M,SG, 2.02M and RL at 1.62M
    No Drone Weapons Pages

Weapons:
    Sniper: Stallion, 18.0, 17.3M, 55% Upgraded
    Assault: Chainmail, 18.5, 226.35M, 75% upgraded
    Tesla: Gnome, 18.5, 40.3M, 100% upgraded
    Heavy: Iron Maiden, 18.5, 40.24M, 100% upgraded.

I am still hoping for one more MG upgrade this Global, I am halfway through the upgrade now.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    With 17 Hours to go in the IOS Global, here is what we have:

#1 21011 Superdad
    #2 19516 Tonyzaper23 #4 AT Leaderboard
    #3 18771 Ausausa #3 AT Leaderboard
    #10 13483 Daddyboy #13 AT Leaderboard
    #11 13364 DG1923 #5 AT Leaderboard
    #13 12554 Bradr752 #2 AT Leaderboard
    #23 10182 Kohaisan #7 At Leaderboard
    #27 9324 Oldman7044 #6 AT Leaderboard
    #30 9103 Harley2015 #8 AT Leaderboard
    All the major players are still in the hunt this Global (Patrickpiollot #1 AT is no longer active)

No Drone Weapons Pages

Weapons:
    Sniper: Stallion, 18.0, 17.3M, 55% Upgraded
    Assault: Chainmail, 18.5, 226.35M, 75% upgraded

I am still hoping for one more MG upgrade this Global, I am halfway through the upgrade now.

I take it by "upgrade" you're referring to increasing the level. How many parts does it take to make it through to the next level?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I take it by "upgrade" you're referring to increasing the level. How many parts does it take to make it through to the next level?

Drone weapons get very expensive and time consuming in the higher levels. At level 4 it required 4.9M XP to level up; at Level 10 (1.4M) it requires 18.9M XP, Level 16 (2.18M) requires an astonishing 40M XP, which represents 23 Pages of mixed 410/510s which is 88 410/510 8-packs to get there. My MG is at Level 13. To get to level 14 requires 28M XP, I am 60% through the Level. I should finish it today.
  • Options
    CONCERNED ... I thought you may want to know that I've got the MAGAERA upgraded 65%. I've seen many a weapon in all different classes, Globals and Super VIPs alike, but for a Global Event "FREE" prize (via weapons parts) this ranks up there with the very best and can hold it's own..

Not only does it possess my favorite optical sights, but at 60% equipped it has the massive fire power (20.15M maximum) that will last well into the future. As you observed, it is one of the cheapest weapons to upgrade (3.65M @ 65%) I have ever run across and considering it was a freebie, I consider the entire "TOOBAD RELOADED" strategy experience a resounding success. Sure as hell beats whipping out a credit card every week right?

I shall document the TRS details over the next week or so, but the strategy is elegant in it's simplicity. Input a few parameters (variables) such as time available for game play and available GOLD for a given Global and if it's possible, present you with a schedule for you to follow to achieve your objective. If it cannot calculate a schedule, it will recommend an amount of GOLD to be purchased.

Almost makes me want to compose a script to automate the process *** SMILES ***

Should make 4,000 AP GOLD milestone in a few and I'm done for the event.

KUDOS
  • Options
    Scorpion, you and I go back to a time when we regarded Teslas as totally unusable until they were upgraded at least half way through the 3rd Level. The latest generation of Teslas are hot right out of the box and the Magaera is a great example of that out of the box greatness. The Gnome is simply more of the same sweetness.
  • Options
    Drone weapons get very expensive and time consuming in the higher levels. At level 4 it required 4.9M XP to level up; at Level 10 (1.4M) it requires 18.9M XP, Level 16 (2.18M) requires an astonishing 40M XP, which represents 23 Pages of mixed 410/510s which is 88 410/510 8-packs to get there. My MG is at Level 13. To get to level 14 requires 28M XP, I am 60% through the Level. I should finish it today.

That's pretty much what I figured. My mega-parts have 8M XP factored into them and that's only a start, but it does allow me to "start" the process at LEVEL 4 (910K). I also have over 11,000 parts that should last for quite some time and TIME is the big question. We've been at this now for six months and nobody I know has a 2.95M drone. You're pretty d.a.m.n close and I know it's frustrating not to have the parts required.

As usual, my Achilles heel is a lack of drone fuses. I can upgrade the weapons, but serious support drone upgrades are piece meal at best.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    CONCERNED, or anyone else, have you reached 1 BILLION IN-GAME CASH without incident?

Hit the Billion In-Game Cash mark. There have been no additional problems, as of yet. It does appear that 1 Billion is as high as it will go. Any additional cash will just be lost.

28lrxb7.png
  • Options
    CONCERNED ... I thought you may want to know that I've got the MAGAERA upgraded 65%. I've seen many a weapon in all different classes, Globals and Super VIPs alike, but for a Global Event "FREE" prize (via weapons parts) this ranks up there with the very best and can hold it's own..

Not only does it possess my favorite optical sights, but at 60% equipped it has the massive fire power (20.15M maximum) that will last well into the future. As you observed, it is one of the cheapest weapons to upgrade (3.65M @ 65%) I have ever run across and considering it was a freebie, I consider the entire "TOOBAD RELOADED" strategy experience a resounding success. Sure as hell beats whipping out a credit card every week right?

I shall document the TRS details over the next week or so, but the strategy is elegant in it's simplicity. Input a few parameters (variables) such as time available for game play and available GOLD for a given Global and if it's possible, present you with a schedule for you to follow to achieve your objective. If it cannot calculate a schedule, it will recommend an amount of GOLD to be purchased.

Almost makes me want to compose a script to automate the process *** SMILES ***

Should make 4,000 AP GOLD milestone in a few and I'm done for the event.

KUDOS

I have mine at 65% also. It is and was a fantastic weapon right out of the box, like Brad posted. I have no qualms going after the top rated players with it even with their 2.95M drones. I have no desire to try fighting a SR battle against these opponents, even with my JAHANNAM HEAVY upgraded to 100%.

Not to mention that the LR are paying way better with the Magaera.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Hit the Billion In-Game Cash mark. There have been no additional problems, as of yet. It does appear that 1 Billion is as high as it will go. Any additional cash will just be lost.

28lrxb7.png

Well keep in mind that you would need .01B (10M) to make it move, but if that's the case I sort of felt something like that would happen. I'm at 900.3M and stopped the "double cash" quite some time back.

I've got a SNIPER I could throw cash at but I NEVER upgrade snipers because it's a waste. I need an 18.5 ASSAULT rifle BAD, if for nothing else but to spend that cash on. I know in your case you need to upgrade to progress through the rest of the region.

To reach 1B IN-GAME CASH is a dubious distinction. It's a testament that we need something else to spend IN-GAME CASE on other than SNIPERS and ASSAULTS. How about the drone? Better yet, how about a CASH/GOLD exchange rate?

JEEZ Louise
  • Options
    RANK #1: 30,562 AP (ACHINET)
    RANK #2: 30,169 AP (MAVRIKK)
    RANK #3: 29,291 AP (TEDDY)
    RANK #10: 19,961 AP (SHOOTER)
    RANK #30: 10,396 AP (ONPIECELUFFY)
    RANK #179: 3,931 AP (SCORPION) ... Still cruising along; no expenditures.

• Options
    Well keep in mind that you would need .01B (10M) to make it move, but if that's the case I sort of felt something like that would happen. I'm at 900.3M and stopped the "double cash" quite some time back.

I've got a SNIPER I could throw cash at but I NEVER upgrade snipers because it's a waste. I need an 18.5 ASSAULT rifle BAD, if for nothing else but to spend that cash on. I know in your case you need to upgrade to progress through the rest of the region.

To reach 1B IN-GAME CASH is a dubious distinction. It's a testament that we need something else to spend IN-GAME CASE on other than SNIPERS and ASSAULTS. How about the drone? Better yet, how about a CASH/GOLD exchange rate?

JEEZ Louise

Well, here is our answer. I need 1 more completed mission to move the bar.

fykb69.jpg

If I don't get this weeks SNIPER from league play, then I will upgrade my current SNIPER. But yes, we need something else to spend this cash on.
  • Options
    Scorpion, you and I go back to a time when we regarded Teslas as totally unusable until they were upgraded at least half way through the 3rd Level. The latest generation of Teslas are hot right out of the box and the Magaera is a great example of that out of the box greatness. The Gnome is simply more of the same sweetness.

I totally agree. Not only were they ineffectual but when upgraded @ 60% they were only at parity with a lesser weapon 100% upgraded. This is still the case to some extent. For example, the 16.5 WITCH @ 100% was just as effective as the 17.5 MAGAERA @ 60%; the WITCH was fine out of the box as well at TIER 16. This was the main reason I was debating to start upgrading the MAGAERA BEFORE reaching TIER 18.

The driving force was two-fold. Firstly it was far cheaper upgrading the MAGAERA and secondly (and most importantly) the vault sizes started increasing almost immediately. Finally the MAGAERA has headroom and would have been required at TIER 18 anyway to get those even larger vaults. CONCERNED provided valuable "preview" information that convinced me to alter my schedule.

I think at this stage of the game, we're all efficient killers ... the only thing that matters at all is vault size. All-Time Leadership is important but it's 1-demensional in that it only reflects how many battles you've won, so while it is impressive, don't get me wrong, it says very little about how well you do as you fight the battles (listing total losses as well, may give a better picture).

When I see ORLIK the AT Leader on Google pop up as an opponent, the ONLY thing I am impressed with is how fast I'm going to blow his head off. **SMILES**

If it weren't for these forum posts, we would have no idea whatsoever what each of us has accomplished individually OR how we got there, let alone the work-arounds, discussions around weapon effectiveness, game strategies and battle tactics we've shared. I'm sure many read our posts, but remain silent.

BRAD, you are unique in that you're willing to share the details of your success and that is more important than anything you would hope to accomplish versus "the silent leaders" (so to speak).

Make no mistake about it gents, we are fundamentally the current "CORE" of CKS.

KUDOS
  • Options
    With 4 Hours to go in the IOS Global, here is what we have:

#1 25997 Superdad
    #2 22707 Ausausa #3 AT Leaderboard
    #4 22220 DG1923 #5 AT Leaderboard
    #5 20616 Tonyzaper23 #4 AT Leaderboard
    #10 17087 Daddyboy #13 AT Leaderboard
    #11 15079 Bradr752 #2 AT Leaderboard
    #18 13107 Kohaisan #7 At Leaderboard
    #19 12579 Harley2015 #8 AT Leaderboard
    #30 11585 Oldman7044 #6 AT Leaderboard
    The top 8 players are still in the hunt this Global.

No Drone Weapons Pages

Weapons:
    Sniper: Stallion, 18.0, 19l.79M, 75% Upgraded
    Assault: Chainmail, 18.5, 27.79M, 85% upgraded

I am still hoping for one more MG upgrade this Global, I am 85% through the upgrade now. Nothing left to upgrade except the Sniper.
  • Options
    You guys holding a billion in game $ will find this hard to believe, but I have no $ at all. Once I have done the level 5 Diamond upgrades, both my Assault and my Sniper will remain at 85% upgraded because I have no cash to do the remaining 3 game $ upgrades on each. Oh, well!
  • Options
    You're right ... I find that hard to believe. I grabbed my ASSAULT on 10/22 and that was the last time I had the opportunity to spend any game cash. Being stuck with 3 upgrades left to go would drive me crazy, so it's time for mission replay buddy. I know we usually do it for drone fuses but you might as well finish those upgrades.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    You're right ... I find that hard to believe. I grabbed my ASSAULT on 10/22 and that was the last time I had the opportunity to spend any game cash. Being stuck with 3 upgrades left to go would drive me crazy, so it's time for mission replay buddy. I know we usually do it for drone fuses but you might as well finish those upgrades.

*** SMILES ***

It is going to have to wait for the next campaign.
  • Options
    It is going to have to wait for the next campaign.

Whats-a-matta ... you no like your ASSAULT weapon? LOL
  • Options
    RANK #1: 31,594 AP (MAVRIKK)
    RANK #2: 30,795 AP (DAZ)
    RANK #3: 30,663 AP (ACHINET)
    RANK #10: 20,232 AP (FHOOKE)
    RANK #30: 10,396 AP (ANDRE1980)
    RANK #179: 4,356 AP (SCORPION)

• Options
    Good Morning Sir Brad ... I gathered some hard drone development statistics (below) and would like you to look them over, compare to your experiences and note any differences (discrepancies).

Here are some hard numbers regarding my drone development. The drone weapons parts upgrade should be relatively close for most "average" players who started their drone development in mid-July (or thereabouts).

DRONE: 910K (Power) - 138/150 (Level) - 49/1325 (XP) - 6.96M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (790K-L2), RL (910K-L4), HR (740K-L1), SG (740K-L1)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 369P (11,070)

FUSES:
    88 x TIER 16 (XP-25);

Of the 369 pages of weapons parts I have accumulated, only 22 pages of 64K parts remain and most of these are machine gun parts. There are 347 pages (10,410 parts) of 410K-510K parts and maybe a dozen or so 740K parts.

I have reached the maximum 910K (Level 4) on the ROCKET LAUNCHER part with only a handful of 64K parts remaining for this weapon. This is noteworthy because the RL part is the most rare of all the drone weapons parts.

LEVEL 4 (910K) is the maximum (obviously) that one can attain using a 910K support drone, so an additional power jump from 910K to roughly 1.2M may be required before any substantial upgrades can be applied to the drone weapons themselves past LEVEL 4. Fortunately, support drone power increases appear to be moving much faster than earlier power levels.

I await your input ...

• Options
    Good Morning Sir Brad ... I gathered some hard drone development statistics (below) and would like you to look them over, compare to your experiences and note any differences (discrepancies).

Here are some hard numbers regarding my drone development. The drone weapons parts upgrade should be relatively close for most "average" players who started their drone development in mid-July (or thereabouts).

DRONE: 910K (Power) - 138/150 (Level) - 49/1325 (XP) - 6.96M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (790K-L2), RL (910K-L4), HR (740K-L1), SG (740K-L1)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 369P (11,070)

FUSES:
    88 x TIER 16 (XP-25);

Of the 369 pages of weapons parts I have accumulated, only 22 pages of 64K parts remain and most of these are machine gun parts. There are 347 pages (10,410 parts) of 410K-510K parts and maybe a dozen or so 740K parts.

I have reached the maximum 910K (Level 4) on the ROCKET LAUNCHER part with only a handful of 64K parts remaining for this weapon. This is noteworthy because the RL part is the most rare of all the drone weapons parts.

LEVEL 4 (910K) is the maximum (obviously) that one can attain using a 910K support drone, so an additional power jump from 910K to roughly 1.2M may be required before any substantial upgrades can be applied to the drone weapons themselves past LEVEL 4. Fortunately, support drone power increases appear to be moving much faster than earlier power levels.

I await your input ...

First off, I have never sorted through Drone parts by weapon category. I have always taking the first 8 available parts and fused them without regard to what they were. While there is some advantage to matching parts by type it is not worth the trouble for me. I have never done the math on this, but I am reasonably certain that there is little to be gained by sorting through for matching parts. Do you have an analysis on this issue as it relates to the 64K weapons?

You are very close to getting rid of all of your 64K Pages. I would be tempted just to rip through them as quickly as possible and then reassess the economics of mixing and matching the 410s and 510s.
  • Options
    First off, I have never sorted through Drone parts by weapon category. I have always taking the first 8 available parts and fused them without regard to what they were. While there is some advantage to matching parts by type it is not worth the trouble for me. I have never done the math on this, but I am reasonably certain that there is little to be gained by sorting through for matching parts. Do you have an analysis on this issue?

The only reason I was matching the ROCKET LAUNCHER parts was to get a handle on how many of them actually remained. To be sure, I again went through the first 22 pages (line by line) to make sure I had used them all, so I can confirm that, as of now, there are only 410K+ parts remaining for the rocket launcher. I can also confirm that I will never reach 2.95M on the ROCKET LAUNCHER using a ballpark estimate; the MACHINE GUN may be achievable however; not sure about the other 2, but your progress indicates that HEALING RAY and SHIELDS are possible.

Other than for the above, I usually use parts first come ... first serve.

Something that caught me off guard, was that my previous MEGA-XP part for the RL was up front (this was what I expected) but it appears that the other 3 are intermingled with the 410K-510K parts (cannot explain this); I haven't located them as yet and wasn't going to wade through 350 pages looking for them ... I'll use them when they pop up I guess.

If you remember, how many power jumps lie between 910K and 1.2M? I think I'm gonna need some more fuses ... big surprise !!!
  • Options
    Drone Level 138 is 910K and Drone Level 141 is 1.17M. 740K Drone weapons are at 910K at Level 4, Level 5 is 970K, Level 6 is 1.04K and Level 7 is 1.12M. Three levels of Drone upgrade will get you 3 Levels of Weapons upgrades.
  • Options
    Drone Level 138 is 910K and Drone Level 141 is 1.17M. 740K Drone weapons are at 910K at Level 4, Level 5 is 970K, Level 6 is 1.04K and Level 7 is 1.12M. Three levels of Drone upgrade will get you 3 Levels of Weapons upgrades.

SO if 1.17M is at 141 or 3 levels away, I'm gonna need a helluva lot more than the 88 fuses I ow have. JEEZ so close yet so far; progress frustrated by these fracking fuses. I can win battles, I can get diamonds ... but fuses? SMH

Come on GLU, give up the fuses ... I can't spend anything at all without them.

LMAO
  • Options
    I finished the last Global in 9th place, with roughly 18500 AP, my highest score in recent history. I didn't get solid closing numbers, since we were in a nasty Clan war with Golden (which we lost by 1500 AP). I now have nothing left to upgrade and no Drone weapons pages, so I am doing only freebies until Tier 18, which should be out early next week.

Base: Tier 17, 11.8M, 100% upgraded

Drone: 2.95M, with MG 1.88M; HR 2.18M; SG, 2.02M and RL at 1.62M
    No Drone Weapons Pages

Weapons:
    Sniper: Stallion, 18.0, 21.23M, 85% Upgraded, remaining upgrades game $
    Assault: Chainmail, 18.5, 27.79M, 85% upgraded, remaining upgrades game $
  • Options
    I finished the last Global in 9th place, with roughly 18500 AP, my highest score in recent history. I didn't get solid closing numbers, since we were in a nasty Clan war with Golden (which we lost by 1500 AP). I now have nothing left to upgrade and no Drone weapons pages, so I am doing only freebies until Tier 18, which should be out early next week.

Base: Tier 17, 11.8M, 100% upgraded

Drone: 2.95M, with MG 1.88M; HR 2.18M; SG, 2.02M and RL at 1.62M
    No Drone Weapons Pages

Weapons:
    Sniper: Stallion, 18.0, 21.23M, 85% Upgraded, remaining upgrades game $
    Assault: Chainmail, 18.5, 27.79M, 85% upgraded, remaining upgrades game $

I can see the battle for #1 ALL TIME on IOS is starting to heat up !!! I'm not sure about the TIER 18 arrival date; it's only 12/07 and they usually release shortly before the regions. I would guess at least 2 more weeks. Next week would be for ASSAULT LEAGUE EVENTS of TIER 17.

I hope you're right because I have nothing else really to fight for either. I'll see how far these fuses take me, but I am ready for the next round.

Bring It On !!!

I can't see TIER 18 arriving after only 3 weeks though; the 21st is more likely, but that's X-Mas week ...
  • Options
    Tier 17 was out Tuesday, November 17th. Next Tuesday, December 15th will be four weeks by my calculations.

A more interesting speculation is over the ETA of the IOS "upgrade". Two weeks ago, Glu said that they were one week away from submitting the upgrade to Apple and that Apple normally took two weeks to evaluate the updated App. This would put the release of the upgrade as next week as well. We will see!
  • Options
    Tier 17 was out Tuesday, November 17th. Next Tuesday, December 15th will be four weeks by my calculations.

A more interesting speculation is over the ETA of the IOS "upgrade". Two weeks ago, Glu said that they were one week away from submitting the upgrade to Apple and that Apple normally took two weeks to evaluate the updated App. This would put the release of the upgrade as next week as well. We will see!

Oh JEEZ another CKS release is coming? I'm glad you guys are going first ... I really do appreciated IOS being the guinea pigs.

New TIER, New REGION and New RELEASE all in the same week? Talk about biting off more than GLU can chew !!!

**SMILES**
  • Options
    Oh right ... Thanksgiving, then you may be correct ... but we would still have a 17.5 League Event going on as TIER 18 rolls out ... just seems a bit strange to me LOL

My guess is still 2 more weeks.

The Global thing has gotten so confusing, but here is the 17.5 Global history: 11/19 Heavy (2 days after release of Tier 17), 11/26, Tesla; 12/3, Sniper; 12/10, Assault???. This should lead to an 18.5 Global 12/17, 2 days after the release of Tier 18. In any event, I can't see Glu doing 5 17.5 Globals. Who knows!