Options

12/10 Global

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
I am creating this thread, even though I am unable to develop any enthusiasm for the upcoming Global. It should be a 17.5 Assault, completing the 17.5 cycle, but there is nothing in the Store inventory that would be a logical candidate for a Top 30 Weapon. I will not be contesting this one, since I have nothing to upgrade and am dumping my Vault into the Elites clan kitty. I anticipate burning free energy credits only.

I am looking forward to a new Tier, possibly next week, to give me something to upgrade.
Prev1345

Comments

• Options
    For the record, my setup is about the same as the end of the last Global and unlikely to change much in the next four days:

Base: Tier 17, 11.8M, 100% upgraded

Drone: 2.95M, with MG, 1.88M, HR. 2.18M, SG, 2.02M and RL at 1.74M
    No Drone parts

Weapons:
    Sniper: Stallion, 18.0, 21.23M, 85% Upgraded
    Assault: Chainmail, 18.5, 28.57M, 90% upgraded
    Tesla: Gnome, 18.5, 40.3M, 100% upgraded
    Heavy: Iron Maiden, 18.5, 40.24M, 100% upgraded.
  • Options
    The Global will be for a 17.5 Heavy, the Jellyfish, 14.75M/22.58M and the Crawfish, 12.29M/20.12M. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The big news is that there is no Clan Global competition, apparently replaced by Clan Wars. That will totally change the nature of the Global at least on IOS, since the leaderboard was dominated by the top Clans.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I noticed 2 more BLOBFISH clones in the store, I think one was a mistake though.

This should shape up to be one of the lowest levels of participation in a Global Event to date, due to all of the new "bugs" CKS 4.0 has brought with it. The most notable ones are show stoppers.

(1) WEAPONS PARTS: since the vast majority of the 100,000 registered players in CKS compete for "parts of a weapon", this is the straw that breaks the backs of these players. Unless GLU can demonstrate (and I mean soon, like YESTERDAY) that the lost parts were a one time occurrence (collateral damage, if you will, from the 4.0 upgrade) and that it will NEVER happen again, then what's the point of playing at all and effectively wasting 96 hours of your life?

(2) DRONE DEVELOPMENT costs have doubled for fusing weapons and XP modules alike. It appears that weapons upgrade costs have NOT changed ... for now. GLU lowers the cost for weapons upgrades then doubles it for drones *** SMH ***

(3) CLAN WARS, which is what this new release is all about, is NOT what I expected. If this is a Clan Global replacement designed to increase participation, GLU is in for the SHOCK of a lifetime.

I am devoting the next few days to identifying as many of these buggers as I can. I'm afraid that CKS 4.0 will shape up to be one of the worst releases ever, unless GLU remedies these issues immediately.

Separate forum thread coming later on today.

BRAD: I am not looking forward to the customary 3-4 weeks of shaking these bugs out and getting GLU to fix maybe half of them. My days are numbered buddy.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    I just tapped on the sidebar thingy that "un-hides" CLAN CHAT, and the thing just up and disappeared.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I've heard and witnessed the Clan Chat pullout dissapearing. Had to restart game to get it back.

One of out top 30 A-T guys can now use his home wi-fi to log onto game, always had to use his data plan in the past. BUT, he lost the first 4 pvp from crashes. He's suffered these more and more in recent days, and fears it is now worse.

Others are crashing, I had multiple restarts, but pvp seems to be smooth.

What I was very concerned about was my performance this morning. A lot of highlighted players listed, only me talking. Then when I did my usual 4 kills before work an hour after global starts, I got into the top 30?! I mean this happens in Amazon MIRN a lot, but never on CKS? There where about 4 or 5 with 25 AP. So, either a lot of people had trouble getting back on the game (at least 2/3 of my clan showed up last night), or another 17.5 Heavy is un-wanted.

We are supposed to be starting a Clan Battle at 6am, so I'd thought tactics (at this point, conjecture) would be building an hour+ before. Nothing?
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I've heard and witnessed the Clan Chat pullout dissapearing. Had to restart game to get it back.

One of out top 30 A-T guys can now use his home wi-fi to log onto game, always had to use his data plan in the past. BUT, he lost the first 4 pvp from crashes. He's suffered these more and more in recent days, and fears it is now worse.

Others are crashing, I had multiple restarts, but pvp seems to be smooth.

What I was very concerned about was my performance this morning. A lot of highlighted players listed, only me talking. Then when I did my usual 4 kills before work an hour after global starts, I got into the top 30?! I mean this happens in Amazon MIRN a lot, but never on CKS? There where about 4 or 5 with 25 AP. So, either a lot of people had trouble getting back on the game (at least 2/3 of my clan showed up last night), or another 17.5 Heavy is un-wanted.

We are supposed to be starting a Clan Battle at 6am, so I'd thought tactics (at this point, conjecture) would be building an hour+ before. Nothing?

Last night I was looking over CLAN WARS when it occurred to me, how do I play? What do I do next? I was getting sleepy and with no hope of collecting my milestone GOLD, I turned in early around 09:30PM. I get up this morning and I'm searching for something that would trigger a CLAN EVENT and I discovered the "schedule" ... what a dummy me.

So I have 3 battles upcoming 4 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM.

News at 11 ...
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Last night I was looking over CLAN WARS when it occurred to me, how do I play? What do I do next? I was getting sleepy and with no hope of collecting my milestone GOLD, I turned in early around 09:30PM. I get up this morning and I'm searching for something that would trigger a CLAN EVENT and I discovered the "schedule" ... what a dummy me.

So I have 3 battles upcoming 4 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM.

News at 11 ...

Remember the times in the Clan War Schedule are UTC (GMT), though the countdown timer lets you see how long to your next Clan War. The Clan War sub tab has the countdown timer.
  • Options
    This Global represents the 2nd 17.5 Heavy competition. We have had no Global this cycle for a 17.5 Assault weapon. I presumes that this means that we will have one more 17.5 Global.
  • Options
    Not that I care at all, but here are the IOS standings with 3 Days 15 Hours to go:

#1 3910 Calllllllkllum
    #5 2510 Tonyzaper23, #4 AT Leaderboard
    #10 1735 Anminh7482
    #30 1135 Guest
    #307 410 Bradr752

Play totally lackluster and other than TZ, none of the top player on the leaderboard. Boring!!!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    This Global represents the 2nd 17.5 Heavy competition. We have had no Global this cycle for a 17.5 Assault weapon. I presumes that this means that we will have one more 17.5 Global.

Maybe but more likely the ASSAULT is being held back for the simplest of reasons. It's "FREE" to upgrade ... GLU at it's best.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    I am creating this thread, even though I am unable to develop any enthusiasm for the upcoming Global. It should be a 17.5 Assault, completing the 17.5 cycle, but there is nothing in the Store inventory that would be a logical candidate for a Top 30 Weapon. I will not be contesting this one, since I have nothing to upgrade and am dumping my Vault into the Elites clan kitty. I anticipate burning free energy credits only.

I am looking forward to a new Tier, possibly next week, to give me something to upgrade.

I'm planing same thing, I going to do upgrades on drone only, until I run out of XP modules.
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    I'm planing same thing, I going to do upgrades on drone only, until I run out of XP modules.

Have you noticed that the price of fusing the XP modules has increased?
  • Options
    Well it's been a little over 15 hours since the new release and I must admit that navigation is better. Changing from one aspect of the game to another is practically instantaneous. Even playing replay missions isn't so bad anymore, which is a GOOD thing since all I can do is collect fuses.

I refuse to spend any $$$, diamonds, GOLD or CASH until they confirm what's going on with the increased drone fusing prices (doubled overnight).

You guys are looking forward to a new REGION/TIER and the current release is in the c.r.a.p.p.e.r.

What are you drinking, I may need some soon. *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    The only good thing that I can add for this weeks Global CRAWFISH HEAVY (20.12M Max Power), is beside being stronger than my JAHANNAM (14.25M Max Power), the CRAWFISH is not a Gatling Gun and does not have an iron sight.

Now with the gun part fiasco that is going on, do we trust the dev team to fix the issue?
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    The only good thing that I can add for this weeks Global CRAWFISH HEAVY (20.12M Max Power), is beside being stronger than my JAHANNAM (14.25M Max Power), the CRAWFISH is not a Gatling Gun and does not have an iron sight.

Now with the gun part fiasco that is going on, do we trust the dev team to fix the issue?

Yes quite the quandary for sure. These new heavies are "FISHY" ... (sub)clones of the BLOBFISH a.k.a. JELLYFISH, which I grabbed back in October; fantastic weapon compared to the JAHANNAM.

Now the problem at hand. GLU has not formally acknowledged that a problem even exists, let alone provide us with a time estimate as to when it will be fixed. It's a gamble at best; tomorrow is Friday and GLUTONS do NOT work on weekends so you need to ask yourself what you might do after several hundred PvP battles and 96 hours of effort when on Monday AM your parts disappear.

Personally, my "educated" guess is that the bug is due to parts won BEFORE the upgrade, with a single reported caveat by BRAD. His parts vanished a full day AFTER the upgrade. That tells me the parts awards process is F.U.B.A.R.

I won't tell you NOT to compete, but it would be foolish to spend any GOLD given the number of bugs that have surfaced.

Good Luck !!!

BTW are you still noticing increased drone fusing costs? GLU is stating that costs have NOT risen.
  • Options
    Yes quite the quandary for sure. These new heavies are "FISHY" ... sub-clones of the BLOBFISH a.k.a. JELLYFISH, which I grabbed back in October; fantastic weapon compared to the JAHANNAM.

Now the problem at hand. GLU has not formally acknowledged that a problem even exists, let alone provide us with a time estimate as to when it will be fixed. It's a gamble at best; tomorrow is Friday and GLUTONS do NOT work on weekends so you need to ask yourself what you might do after several hundred PvP battles and 96 hours of effort when on Monday AM your parts disappear.

Personally, my "educated" guess is that the bug is due to parts won BEFORE the upgrade, with a single reported caveat by BRAD. His parts vanished a full day AFTER the upgrade. That tells me the parts awards process is F.U.B.A.R.

I won't tell you NOT to compete, but it would be foolish to spend any GOLD given the number of bugs that have surfaced.

Good Luck !!!

If I do end up competing, it will be with free gold that I have accumulated from watching free gold videos and league and global milestones. The last time that I spent any real money on CKS was back in July. So for me, I am playing with "House Money" not mine.
  • Options
    Here's another annoyance (bug). Periodically I'll received a WARNING "YOU CANNOT SWAP OUT PLAYERS". Overnight there were like a dozen of these waiting to be closed and I just received another.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    If I do end up competing, it will be with free gold that I have accumulated from watching free gold videos and league and global milestones. The last time that I spent any real money on CKS was back in July. So for me, I am playing with "House Money" not mine.

Well you'll notice that I used the term GOLD (free or otherwise) and not $$$. The reason being that GOLD, even free GOLD should not be squandered on futile attempts to win a phantom prize.

What the hell ... go for it !!!

BTW are you still noticing increased drone fusing costs? GLU is stating that costs have NOT risen. If so and by some miracle do you have a screen shot of costs BEFORE the upgrade?
  • Options
    Just found another nice feature, you can fuse as many XP modules as you want and are no longer limited to just four (4).

All of these great new drone development features ... I guess we're paying for eh?

SMH
  • Options
    Well you'll notice that I used the term GOLD (free or otherwise) and not $$$. The reason being that GOLD, even free GOLD should not be squandered on futile attempts to win a phantom prize.

What the hell ... go for it !!!

BTW are you still noticing increased drone fusing costs? GLU is stating that costs have NOT risen. If so and by some miracle do you have a screen shot of costs BEFORE the upgrade?

Right now, I am on my usually cruise mode, playing free energy only. After I hit the 4000 milestone, I will reassess what it will take to get into the top 90. Of course, a lot will be based on what Customer Care comes up with as a resolution to the past sniper fiasco and how they handle my ticket, that they are already working on. They have 3-4 days to fix my problem.
  • Options

Ask and sometimes you will receive. Here is the requested miracle.

Yep, I have some old screen shots for a 64K Shield generator that was upgraded to 74K level 3. Let me get them into tinypics and let you take a look.

Here are the 8 parts that I was going to fuse, 6 SG and 2 MG.

x58niu.jpg

and here is the fusing screen.

vcw7qc.jpg

So a 74K level 3 SG was costing 5687 diamonds.

You better sit down when you see what they want for a 64K level 1 SG.

Here are the parts 6 SG and the 2 MGs.

34snee1.jpg

6g8wzs.jpg

I am fusing the same amount of experience upgrading with the same weapons.

BUT NOW LOOK AT THE COST.

nmexop.jpg

And this with a 64K level 1 Shield generator.
  • Options
    That should do it CONCERNED ... I was going to start another thread with HANDLES in the title to get his attention BUT since you were the first to identify the issue and the screen shots are yours, I'll give YOU the choice to post your information.

What's your preference?

Maybe we should change your call sign to "SHUTTER" ... Say Cheese !!!
  • Options
    That should do it CONCERNED ... I was going to start another thread with HANDLES in the title to get his attention BUT since you were the first to identify the issue and the screen shots are yours, I'll give YOU the choice to post your information.

What's your preference?

Maybe we should change your call sign to "SHUTTER" ... Say Cheese !!!

LOL, good one.

Go for it, Scorpion. go ahead and use the screen shots.
  • Options
    On the off chance that anyone, including me, is interested in the IOS Global standings, here they are with 3 Days 7 1/2 Hours to go:

#1 6572 Vmurdok
    #10 3035 Tonyzaper23 #4 AT
    #14 2457 Kohaisan #6 AT
    #25 1832 Daddyboy11 #11 AT
    #30 1550 Slique
    #110 1060 Bradr752, #2 AT

I am playing only freebies. I was chatting with Vmurdok, currently in 1st place, who, by the way, is on the Italian National Marksmanship Team, and he was asking why anyone would play in this Global.

Scores are lower than during the boycott. Ironic, Glu has figured out a way to boycott themselves.
  • Options
    Hey guys I do have a question? ir77spw.png
    14wrpcp.png

Why this opponent show on red? I decided to attack but take me down real fast. It was on PVP or is part of the clan wars, something that I don't understand jet.
    This is me
    8vqdsm.png
    Primary is a 17 rifle and a 16.5 Punking assault.
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    Hey guys I do have a question? ir77spw.png
    14wrpcp.png

Why this opponent show on red? I decided to attack but take me down real fast. It was on PVP or is part of the clan wars, something that I don't understand jet.
    This is me
    8vqdsm.png
    Primary is a 17 rifle and a 16.5 Punking assault.
    Any ideas?

I can't see your screenshots.
  • Options
    I can't see your screenshots.

Me
    23w1zm0.png30upzyb.png

Enemy
    mttvgz.png
    2vii3vt.png

Hope it works now. Like a said was a massacre, take me down super fast.
    My turkey feel like chicken.
  • Options
    Still not showing
  • Options
    Still not showing

BRAD: Screen shots are showing fine ... check your device settings if you still can't see images.

R1GOL1N: your TIER 17 (max) and your 17.0/16.5 Primary Weapons should rein supreme over this LEVEL 141 opponent.

What is the reading on your PLAYER HEALTH component? The fact that he was coming up "RED" would indicate a disadvantage when attacking the opponent, but the reverse appears to be the case. I have never seen this before ... congrats (SMILES).

This release (CKS 4.0) is shooting for the All-Time Title. It may surpass the infamous CKS 3.0 with it's broken drone feature(s) and non-winnable short range battles.
  • Options
    DRONE and BASE:
    BASE: 11.8M (QUEBEC); LEVEL: 160; GAME CASH: 999.88M
    DRONE: 910K (Power) - 138/150 (Level) - 125/1325 (XP) - 6.96M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (910K-L4), RL (910K-L4), HR (910K-L4), SG (910K-L4) --- All Level 4 (max)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 10,000+

FUSES:
    184 x TIER 16 (XP-25);

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 18.0 STALLION (acquired 12/06) @ 0%.
    TESLA: 17.5 MAGAERA (acquired 12/02) @ 100%.
    ASSAULT: 17.5 JUNIPER (acquired 10/22) @ 100%.
    HEAVY: 17.5 BLOBFISH (acquired 10/22) @ 100%; 17.5 KARMA (acquired 09/23) @ 60%.

Google Play ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 12/10/2015 3 DAYS REMAINING:
    RANK #1: 10,589 AP (JACK018)
    RANK #2: 5,360 AP (DADA)
    RANK #3: 5,017 AP (LOB111)
    RANK #10: 3,771 AP (ALP1961)
    RANK #30: 1,780 AP (CUTIER18)
    RANK #164: 1,021 AP (SCORPION)

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!