Options

"New Amazing Update"

Comments

• Options
    jeffjamzjeffjamz Registered Users 6 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Just got to work, 1 hour ago the update was not live on Amazon, but just checking the CKS Amazon web page, and 5.0.0 is Live!

So all you Amazon dudes and dudettes, DON'T BOTHER WITH THE RESTART BUTTON!

You have to look for notifications that there's a new update for CKS to UPGRADE. Baring not getting one, AND IF YOU ARE SURE YOU HAVE GAME CIRCLE BACKING UP THE GAME, you may want to delete the game and re-install. BUT IT IS LIVE NOW, 24 hour latter.

Please comment back, and let me know if there's any bugs, as I have not tried it yet, Scorpion above had many, I think they are all under control now? Is the restart after PVP gone? Anyone? Wish I knew what to expect, 9 hours till I find out I guess.

Thanks for the info. I went to Amazon and found the update. I spent a day trying the RESTART button. It would have been nice for some notification from GLU or Amazon but I finally got the update. BTW I like the updates...so far. Thanks zgain
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    New Record High Vault Take: 3.09M

The best way to describe CKS 5.0 PvP: "It's a Turkey Shoot" OR "Like Shooting Fish In a Barrel". :cool:
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    No need, thanks though..I am contacting customer service. Its like both players (including my player) are semi indestructible. I just timed out in a pvp match cause the opponent would receive no damage.

Back to MIRN for a bit.....
    MJ
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    New Record High Vault Take: 3.09M

The best way to describe CKS 5.0 PvP: "It's a Turkey Shoot" OR "Like Shooting Fish In a Barrel". :cool:

Darn, ran to the forum thinking I had broken the ceiling. 3.02M.

I've noticed that my health bar hardly budges and the weapons seem much stronger. I think they've been tweaking numbers.

All in all, very impressed. Sr hasn't crashed all afternoon, and I didn't clean cache. Just cleared 25M - more than twice my usual when it used to crash. And smooth video.

Oh, in regards to the pink drone, yes, everyone here is having that. And in conjunction the Claim button that doesn't advance you to the next screen. So far, no one has had problems that have been logged into Game Circle. Did it the first time for Jr, no problem at all.
  • Options
    Darn, ran to the forum thinking I had broken the ceiling. 3.02M.

I've noticed that my health bar hardly budges and the weapons seem much stronger. I think they've been tweaking numbers.

All in all, very impressed. Sr hasn't crashed all afternoon, and I didn't clean cache. Just cleared 25M - more than twice my usual when it used to crash. And smooth video.

Oh, in regards to the pink drone, yes, everyone here is having that. And in conjunction the Claim button that doesn't advance you to the next screen. So far, no one has had problems that have been logged into Game Circle. Did it the first time for Jr, no problem at all.

Inform them to clear app data + cache ... that will fix it :) and as usual ... ALWAYS take a backup.
  • Options
    Inform them to clear app data + cache ... that will fix it :) and as usual ... ALWAYS take a backup.

Thank you, I meant to say that was the solution. I kind of like to just delete the app and re-install, somehow I envision it fitting better into storage with more room before data is added. I know unix doesn't care about fragmentation, but it couldn't hurt?

Oh, about the Tesla sound - they copied the same effect from MIRN, we've had that since day one for our Gauss. A bit dissonant, yes?
  • Options
    Thank you, I meant to say that was the solution. I kind of like to just delete the app and re-install, somehow I envision it fitting better into storage with more room before data is added. I know unix doesn't care about fragmentation, but it couldn't hurt?

Oh, about the Tesla sound - they copied the same effect from MIRN, we've had that since day one for our Gauss. A bit dissonant, yes?

Good Morning ...

You're quite correct about fragmentation and although the long standing wisdom is that UNIX based file systems do NOT require "defragging", it is still better to minimize "seek" times by having all app related files and data grouped together in the file system ... even if that storage device is ultra-fast memory with no moving parts.

I'm happy that most everyone has been able to upgrade without much in the way of problems. I was so impressed with this release, that I actually *gasping now* passed on my KUDOS to the developers. :cool:

Can't possibly be the same group could it? OR maybe a year of "on the job" training has finally paid off.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    jeffjamzjeffjamz Registered Users 6 Posts
    Has anyone figured out how to link multiple cells in clan wars to a single player?
  • Options
    I had completely overlooked this.

Somehow I was able to collect enough parts to craft the 23.5 BEAK MKII even with the shortened Silver League Event(s). I already own the 24.0 RANGER MKII SNIPER, so that's not important ...
    ... what IS important is that the weapons parts didn't arrive until about 08:00 AM EST (5 hours late) so the delivery of your weapon might be delayed in arriving, but rest assured it WILL be awarded.

I've also experienced my first "RESYNC" restart in months. Win streak remained intact though.

Now I've collected 8/12 Level 1 DRONE JAMMER TRAPS but I see no way to contribute these to my CLAN. Does anyone have any details on this? Do I need all 12 BEFORE I can use them? Are these for MY use exclusively? ... questions ... questions.
  • Options
    I see at least one of my suggestions were taken seriously by GLU. No CLANS will be allowed to compete in the next CLAN WARS SEASON if they have 4 or fewer members.

Keep on going GLU ... you're on a roll :cool:

KUDOS
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The 4 member threshold is in effect this CW Season on IOS and is helping. The Empty Map Cheaters appear to have been shut down, all appear to have added members beyond the maximum 8 members that allowed an empty map. Elites are having our worst CW ever thanks to early losses that took us down to #4049, so it is impossible to tell whether the match up algorithm is improved.

In spite of our poor showing I am enthused about the possibility of CW turning into a real competition.

The concept of "Links" will radically change the completion.

Another new feature: after you have used up your 3 free CW battles a 38:30 countdown timer appears. This means that in the course of a 1:59 CW you could get 5 battles.
  • Options
    BRAD ... Do you know how "links" works and how to utilize them effectively?
  • Options
    Sniper1987Sniper1987 Registered Users 20 Posts
    I have a really confusing issue and I've read a lot on this forum about the earn gold pages (Tapjoy and Fyber). I finally got the 5.0 update and my data was erased but I had Fyber which I liked more than Tapjoy. So I did some offers for over 800+ Gold and started to rebuild my stats. Then, my Game Circle account kicked in randomly and restored my data. This is GREAT except the fact that it took away Fyber and my 800+ gold I just earned from Free Trials. And one more thing, I've noticed a lot of people have had videos to earn double rewards and free gold for over a year. I didn't even get a glimpse of these videos until this update before Game Circle restored my save file. What is going on?
  • Options
    Sniper1987 wrote: »
    I have a really confusing issue and I've read a lot on this forum about the earn gold pages (Tapjoy and Fyber). I finally got the 5.0 update and my data was erased but I had Fyber which I liked more than Tapjoy. So I did some offers for over 800+ Gold and started to rebuild my stats. Then, my Game Circle account kicked in randomly and restored my data. This is GREAT except the fact that it took away Fyber and my 800+ gold I just earned from Free Trials. And one more thing, I've noticed a lot of people have had videos to earn double rewards and free gold for over a year. I didn't even get a glimpse of these videos until this update before Game Circle restored my save file. What is going on?

This sounds like one of those Amazon specific glitches ... reach out to TRY_AGAIN, he may be able to help you out on this. It appears that you started playing the game BEFORE the game data was fully restored; if that is the case then you may be out of luck on this one since your "new" stats probably replaced the original stats.

Also, it's my understanding that videos never worked (or weren't available) for Amazon players.

Either way, you're just starting out so it's no biggie, I would think. You might also want to consider another platform before you get in too "deep".

• Options
    BRAD ... Do you know how "links" works and how to utilize them effectively?

Links may be the most interesting addition to the game. It will allow a player to control multiple map Hexes. In order to defeat the player you will have to defeat both linked Hexes.

Links are controlled by Personal Contribution Level to the Clan. At Level 1 you control one Link (your home Hex). At Level 14 you get to add an adjacent Hex. You will then defend two spots on the map. At Personal Level 60 you will control 5 spots on the map and an opponent will have to take out all five in order to defeat you.

This is the reason for the huge maps at the top end. The Volans map has 60 hexes, which could be managed by 12 Level 60 players, a daunting task to defeat.

One other new feature of CW is that when you use up your three attacks, a countdown timer is activated which allows you another attack in 38:30 minutes. This means that you could get 5 attacks in the allotted 1:59 time limit for CW.
  • Options
    A "New Content Update" on IOS this morning radically increased the defensive power of the Bots. Now most are 1.91B and are very tough I am getting killed without any warning. Sudden Death is back.
  • Options
    After weeks of a steady diet of easy 754.97M defenses, I now get only 1.51B and 1.93B bases. The 1.51B bases are OK, but the 1.93B defenses are very tough
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    After weeks of a steady diet of easy 754.97M defenses, I now get only 1.51B and 1.93B bases. The 1.51B bases are OK, but the 1.93B defenses are very tough

The 1.93B bases are tough because they're TIER 25 :) Sort of like requiring TIER 24 VIP weapons BEFORE the Event has actually taken place. So the next several days will test our collective mettle.

Another way of looking at it ... we're using "pre-Release" weapons against a "post-Release" defense.

Remember my question, "Where will all of this lead us?" ... we may have now our answer.
  • Options
    The 1.93B bases are tough because they're TIER 25 :) Sort of like requiring TIER 24 VIP weapons BEFORE the Event has actually taken place. So the next several days will test our collective mettle.

Another way of looking at it ... we're using "pre-Release" weapons against a "post-Release" defense.

Remember my question, "Where will all of this lead us?" ... we may have now our answer.

I am taking to the sidelines for a while.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I am taking to the sidelines for a while.

Although the "bot" defense is no longer linked to the prevailing TIER. the SENTRY strength is still way out of balance. As a test, I literally stood up and "absorbed" 100 Machine Gun rounds before I decided it was enough and went ahead and killed the enemy; my health was draining.

The point being a single MG round in no way should be a kill shot; not to mention that at 1.95B rated power, you're still facing a TIER 25 "bot" at TIER 23.

You have a temporary work-around at best, but the problem persists ... I advise you contact Customer Care before it gets any worse since it appears to only be affecting iOS.

Just your friendly neighborhood SCORPION expressing his concerns. :cool:
  • Options
    This sounds like one of those Amazon specific glitches ... reach out to TRY_AGAIN, he may be able to help you out on this. It appears that you started playing the game BEFORE the game data was fully restored; if that is the case then you may be out of luck on this one since your "new" stats probably replaced the original stats.

Also, it's my understanding that videos never worked (or weren't available) for Amazon players.

Either way, you're just starting out so it's no biggie, I would think. You might also want to consider another platform before you get in too "deep".

I am on my Android platform tablet. I have an Ipad but haven't tried Contract Killer on it, because I got it after I was already at level 50 on CKS. I'm at level 70 now and just don't want to restart. It's a lose/lose situation it seems. Thank you for the advice. I also have been in contact with Fyber, but they have asked for the same Screen Shots that I have sent 3 times already to verify my e-mail is activated???
  • Options
    I am on my Android platform tablet. I have an Ipad but haven't tried Contract Killer on it, because I got it after I was already at level 50 on CKS. I'm at level 70 now and just don't want to restart. It's a lose/lose situation it seems. Thank you for the advice. I also have been in contact with Fyber, but they have asked for the same Screen Shots that I have sent 3 times already to verify my e-mail is activated???

It's your choice but I consider Level 50 just starting out and you can see for yourself how fast you went from 50 to Level 70. Next week we'll be at Level 230, so it's still relatively early for you. Since you also own the iPad, do yourself a favor and install the game on that device and determine which you like better.

There's a Google Play version for Android (non Kindle) devices as well.

Amazon is the least used platform and suffers all kinds of problems because of it. There is also no competition on Amazon since there are fewer than 500 Players using that platform (less than 1% of all players). This means that meeting your achievements or winning weapons is extremely easy and "free".

The question really is ... do you want to go through the motions and win easily OR do you want to compete against other players.

That choice is a personal one but it does project a player's mettle.

Good Luck !!!
  • Options
    CKS version 5.0.1 was made available late last night and it fixes several known issues including some missing game component images and icons (mostly drone related).

I received an automatic "Update Required" notification when I started the game up and upon tapping the "OK" button I was immediately taken to Google Play.

If you haven't received such a notification, please check manually for a newer version of the game.
    TIER 23 payouts have pretty much "flat lined" ... 2.80M (average), 2.65M (minimum), 3.09M (high).
    ... All of the following battles were selected on the 1st or 2d FIND TARGET.

Larger vaults would be forthcoming if I took the time to look for them, but at these sizes, why bother. :cool:

Screenshot_20160528-020122.png?psid=1

• Options
    It's your choice but I consider Level 50 just starting out and you can see for yourself how fast you went from 50 to Level 70. Next week we'll be at Level 230, so it's still relatively early for you. Since you also own the iPad, do yourself a favor and install the game on that device and determine which you like better.

There's a Google Play version for Android (non Kindle) devices as well.

Amazon is the least used platform and suffers all kinds of problems because of it. There is also no competition on Amazon since there are fewer than 500 Players using that platform (less than 1% of all players). This means that meeting your achievements or winning weapons is extremely easy and "free".

The question really is ... do you want to go through the motions and win easily OR do you want to compete against other players.

That choice is a personal one but it does project a player's mettle.

Good Luck !!!

I don't think that is the case. I see the game installed both on Amazon Underground and Google Play. I just can receive updates through either one. If it were easier then I wouldn't be struggling to get past 9K Defense and Base Foxtrot. The only difference I have noticed is that when I had updated from Google Play it deleted all my data so I started over. Then Amazon Game Circle reinstated my game save file and I lost the 800 Gold I got from free trials. Also, Google play version had Fyber, which I enjoyed and like better. Amazon update gave me my stuff back but changed it to Tapjoy (UGH).
  • Options
    I don't think that is the case.

I don't know what this means ???

Amazon and Google are completely different and are quite incompatible ... they might as well be different games, so you cannot transfer progress from either to the other and if you've been experimenting with BOTH on the same device, one can only guess what state your device is in at this point.

I didn't intend for you to infer that the individual "battles" were easier, only that winning prizes was easier since you're not really competing against anyone.

To grab a weapon, essentially all you need do is show up to the event ...
    ... it doesn't get any easier than that.

If you're having problems fighting battles, then your game setup is imbalanced.

Winning battles is as easy as it ever was OR ever will be.

You may need to wipe and start completely over anyway. At some point everything may start crashing around you.

Do it now before it's too late; bite the bullet and perform a hard reset.
  • Options
    I don't know what this means ???

Amazon and Google are completely different and are quite incompatible ... they might as well be different games, so you cannot transfer progress from either to the other and if you've been experimenting with BOTH on the same device, one can only guess what state your device is in at this point.

I meant that I installed the game through Google Play. I never installed it via Amazon Apps. That's why I brought it up that it was a weird situation. When I got the update it erased my progress but then Amazon updated it less than an hour after and gave back my data. If I remove it from Google Play by uninstalling it removes it from Amazon as well. I'll figure that out on my own though since I have a background in Network Engineering. My question to you is, "how am I not playing with other players or fewer players?" I play vast amounts of PVP and see people well rated above me. Also, I am in a clan and participate in clan wars everyday. It hasn't been easy by any means since it took me almost a year to get a decent assault rifle by doing offers. I'm not at all trying to offend you, I am merely interested in learning more about this difference you mentioned. As for the prizes, I have equipment that I get from clan battles, but nothing fancy. I don't have any special characters or anything like that. Most PVP matches I play are against people just above my rank and it's not easy. I skip the ones that have crazy ratings by using more diamonds.
  • Options
    I meant that I installed the game through Google Play. I never installed it via Amazon Apps. That's why I brought it up that it was a weird situation. When I got the update it erased my progress but then Amazon updated it less than an hour after and gave back my data. If I remove it from Google Play by uninstalling it removes it from Amazon as well. I'll figure that out on my own though since I have a background in Network Engineering. My question to you is, "how am I not playing with other players or fewer players?" I play vast amounts of PVP and see people well rated above me. Also, I am in a clan and participate in clan wars everyday. It hasn't been easy by any means since it took me almost a year to get a decent assault rifle by doing offers. I'm not at all trying to offend you, I am merely interested in learning more about this difference you mentioned. As for the prizes, I have equipment that I get from clan battles, but nothing fancy. I don't have any special characters or anything like that. Most PVP matches I play are against people just above my rank and it's not easy. I skip the ones that have crazy ratings by using more diamonds.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but you did mention Game Circle restore, if memory serves. Game Circle is an Amazon exclusive solution. Google Play App Sync is the Google equivalent ... so you've got me confused as to what you're playing.

If Game Circle kicked in and started to perform a restore while you had Google Play's version installed, everything on your device is F.U.B.A.R ... I really don't know how else to describe it.

Amazon has less than 1% of the players playing this game, Google and iOS has the other 99%, it's really that simple. If you take 500 players on any given day only 100 of them are actually playing hard. You only need to beat 10 players to reach the top 90 ... simple enough? Now of those 100 maybe half of them are really any good at the game, so to get your 35 PARTS all you need do is show up right?

I hate to be blunt but you're on your own. If Game Circle did indeed kick in, it would NEVER have attempted to restore CKS if you had not installed the Amazon App version at some point in time. The problem is you didn't use Amazon to remove the app, now your device is all screwed and it's affecting your ability to run the game properly.

Network Engineering is an admirable profession, it will help you diagnose connection related issues between your device and GLU's servers and I'm sure you're good at it. What we're talking about here is application development and trouble shooting; this is on a whole different level.

If you continue to experience problems, then a device reset is in order.
  • Options
    Sorry if I misunderstood, but you did mention Game Circle restore, if memory serves. Game Circle is an Amazon exclusive solution. Google Play App Sync is the Google equivalent ... so you've got me confused as to what you're playing.

If Game Circle kicked in and started to perform a restore while you had Google Play's version installed, everything on your device is F.U.B.A.R ... I really don't know how else to describe it.

You're on your own.

I looked further into it and I used a completely new device to download CKS via Google Play. Then I downloaded Amazon Underground and searched for CKS. It says CKS is installed on this device but not through Amazon Underground. I can open the app with Amazon and that's when it adds it to my Amazon app Cloud. This is where it started giving me updates from Amazon and using Game Circle to WhisperSync as they call it. However, with Google+ that you mentioned that saves game data. In my case it did not do this, it logged into my Google games account but everything was gone. I think I'll just get my Ipad Air out and stick to that from now on. :)
  • Options

Amazon has less than 1% of the players playing this game, Google and iOS has the other 99%, it's really that simple. If you take 500 players on any given day only 100 of them are actually playing hard. You only need to beat 10 players to reach the top 90 ... simple enough?

Network Engineering is an admirable profession and it will help you diagnose connection related issues between your device and GLU's servers. What we're talking about here is application development and trouble shooting; this is on a whole different level.

If you continue to experience problems, then a device reset is in order.

I completely understand the point you are making. I am looking into why my Google Account didn't save my data when it updated the game. Level 50 didn't bother me, but the 800 gold for completing Trials and taking time to do this is bothersome. Thank you for your help with this matter. I'm going to try other things first before a factory reset so I can correct my Google Save progress and manage it better for the future. Thanks, again.
  • Options
    I completely understand the point you are making. I am looking into why my Google Account didn't save my data when it updated the game. Level 50 didn't bother me, but the 800 gold for completing Trials and taking time to do this is bothersome. Thank you for your help with this matter. I'm going to try other things first before a factory reset so I can correct my Google Save progress and manage it better for the future. Thanks, again.

Been offline for a few days, but it definitely sounds to me like you are playing the Amazon version. The 5.0.0 update would have overwritten the Google game. If you want to go back to it, just uninstall it and get it from Google Play. The data storage areas are in different directories, so you haven't lost your data, and either Amazon Circle or Google Account should restore the rest.

As to Amazon, I have 54 plays this event, 1260 AP gives me rank 131. So that shows you the comparison to Google version. Been too busy looking at the surf/palm trees here in Hawaii. It's a tough life!