Options

"New Amazing Update"

124Next

Comments

• Options
    Sniper1987Sniper1987 Registered Users 20 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Been offline for a few days, but it definitely sounds to me like you are playing the Amazon version. The 5.0.0 update would have overwritten the Google game. If you want to go back to it, just uninstall it and get it from Google Play. The data storage areas are in different directories, so you haven't lost your data, and either Amazon Circle or Google Account should restore the rest.

As to Amazon, I have 54 plays this event, 1260 AP gives me rank 131. So that shows you the comparison to Google version. Been too busy looking at the surf/palm trees here in Hawaii. It's a tough life!

Thank you for the help. I was just in chat with Amazon and Google both for 2 hours at the same time and neither could give me that simple answer. They are useless! I reinstalled and updated through Google Play but it didn't pull my save file. Should I try to uninstall both versions and reinstall just the Google Play app? By the way when I look at the App on the Amazon page it says "ON device but not installed by Amazon, so it was installed by Google Play but Amazon Game Circle saved me and replaced my data." That's the conundrum. It's making me play on an Amazon version even though it is from Google play. *Correction* It let me open it from Amazon but neither Google Sync or Amazon Circle restored my data. Rut Woh !
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Sounds very unusual... The Amazon version should know where it's data directory is, the Google version the other. But what data is stored on GLU servers (and there is some - as in gold), and how it ties with local data is not clear to me.

Whenever I've used Circle, the key was when the program started after an uninstall, clicking the login as guest after splash screen to put in my Amazon account the first time, then all data was downloaded at that point. Not sure how Google syncs up?
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Sounds very unusual... The Amazon version should know where it's data directory is, the Google version the other. But what data is stored on GLU servers (and there is some - as in gold), and how it ties with local data is not clear to me.

Whenever I've used Circle, the key was when the program started after an uninstall, clicking the login as guest after splash screen to put in my Amazon account the first time, then all data was downloaded at that point. Not sure how Google syncs up?

Most Google games sync by using your account that you used for Google Play before. Your device will have default set to backup apps and programs, etc..I didn't even know I had Amazon WhisperSync until it pulled my save file. That's where I messed up though. I started with Google and when the update failed to retrieve the save, Amazon picked up the slack. So I can keep playing on Amazon at my normal level and also play the Google version but start over. I don't mind doing both but it's a pain to have to uninstall from Amazon and update from Google. When I have it installed on Amazon it will say that it's installed on Google but needs to be updated.But I will be sticking with the Google version after I get back to where I was in the game before the update. It's interesting to me from a Computer Geek's POV. Google Sync settings can be found under all of the Google bloatware that comes with your device. It's a greenish triangle button with a controller on it and most devices have actual sync options in their settings menu.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I really hate to sound like a broken record, but the Amazon and Google Play version are completely incompatible. As TRY_AGAIN mentioned, the data files use a different directory tree and when one version attempts to restore or "sync" whilst the other is installed, it is only going to cause file corruption ... anyone can guess where that might lead.

If you somehow manage to recover your gaming data (one platform to another) you would be the first in over a year to do so and believe me many have tried before you.

Just wipe and start over.

I have no need to wipe. I have my correct data on my Amazon version. To play the Google version I had to start over because I spent over 2 hours yesterday talking with them and they lost it or it was corrupted. But I don't mind since I'm already back at level 14. I do have to speak with them again though, because I want to keep the Google version on my Note 4. But for some reason when I login to my Google games account it doesn't pull up my save data from when I played on my Galaxy Tab Pro. Basicly, Google version is off my Tablet and on my phone. Amazon version with all my correct data is on my Tablet still. Keeping them separate on different devices since they don't play well together. I could even do a 3rd game on my Ipad and just level up on a different device each day. :)
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Sniper1987 wrote: »
    I have no need to wipe. I have my correct data on my Amazon version. To play the Google version I had to start over because I spent over 2 hours yesterday talking with them and they lost it or it was corrupted. But I don't mind since I'm already back at level 14. I do have to speak with them again though, because I want to keep the Google version on my Note 4. But for some reason when I login to my Google games account it doesn't pull up my save data from when I played on my Galaxy Tab Pro. Basicly, Google version is off my Tablet and on my phone. Amazon version with all my correct data is on my Tablet still. Keeping them separate on different devices since they don't play well together. I could even do a 3rd game on my Ipad and just level up on a different device each day. :)

JEEZ this just keeps getting deeper and better :) there are many known issues with using Samsung devices, pretty much for the same reason as Amazon. BOTH use proprietary (customized) versions of Android and consequently they DO NOT follow the standards put forth by Google.

There's a reason for it when you start using terms like, "For some reason ..." LOL the reason being the data isn't where it's supposed to be.

You're batting average is impressive though.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    JEEZ this just keeps getting deeper and better :) there are many known issues with using Samsung devices, pretty much for the same reason as Amazon..

Yeah, I was very disappointed with the SM-T520 Tab Pro 10.5. It was $500 new, got mine for $250 on CL. It lasted 6 months before having errors and lagging on low graphic games. They put in their own ****py proprietary Octacore CPU. ****! I love my Galaxy Note 4 though. I would have gotten the 5 if they had been smart enough to let me use an extra battery. I love having an extra battery for those times I'm running out the door and my phone is about to die. Also, I have to do something with my drawer full of brand new Samsung EVO SD Cards. lol.

P.S. The proprietary thing is all too true and pathetic. Especially when I learned that Amazon had made Fire OS. Guess what that's based very poorly on?
  • Options
    Yeah, I was very disappointed with the SM-T520 Tab Pro 10.5. It was $500 new, got mine for $250 on CL. It lasted 6 months before having errors and lagging on low graphic games. They put in their own ****py proprietary Octacore CPU. ****! I love my Galaxy Note 4 though. I would have gotten the 5 if they had been smart enough to let me use an extra battery. I love having an extra battery for those times I'm running out the door and my phone is about to die. Also, I have to do something with my drawer full of brand new Samsung EVO SD Cards. lol.

P.S. The proprietary thing is all too true and pathetic. Especially when I learned that Amazon had made Fire OS. Guess what that's based very poorly on?

I'm curious about those SD Cards ... are you telling me you cannot use these in any other device?
  • Options
    I'm curious about those SD Cards ... are you telling me you cannot use these in any other device?

I don't have any other devices to use them in. I bought 5 (32gb) and 5 (64gb) when they were on sale on Amazon. That's not counting the ones that are already in my phone and tablet. So I usually just add it to something I sell on CL if it takes a SD card. Otherwise I'm just stocking up on them lol.
  • Options
    I don't have any other devices to use them in. I bought 5 (32gb) and 5 (64gb) when they were on sale on Amazon. That's not counting the ones that are already in my phone and tablet. So I usually just add it to something I sell on CL if it takes a SD card. Otherwise I'm just stocking up on them lol.

Oh I see ... I could take a couple (preferably 64GB) off your hands. I have a digital camera that also does HD video and I have a few myself. My plan was always to transfer to DVD, but I never seem to have the time. Consequently, I use quite a number of SDcards. :)
  • Options
    Oh I see ... I could take a couple (preferably 64GB) off your hands. I have a digital camera that also does HD video and I have a few myself. My plan was always to transfer to DVD, but I never seem to have the time. Consequently, I use quite a number of SDcards. :)

Only $21.98 for 64GB 80MB/s at Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-Adapter-MB-MC64DA-AM/dp/B01273JZMG/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1464579696&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=samsung+evo+64gb+sd+card

And the 32Gb are only $13.50 and both are EVO+ very fast and a great deal. I bought mine for $11.99 during the sale :).