Sand Baggers

duckmeatduckmeat Junior MemberRegistered Users 79 Posts
This isn't really cheating but it is borderline. It is exploitation at best. Why even have the 3 leagues when players who should be in Gold sand bag down to the bronze and prevent those of us with only 1k power and a few hundred VP from being able to win.

Players with 56K power and 6500VP storming in the last hour of the event and racking up 100 point in 3 minutes. And why should they not do this, they can get the same prize with no effort at all as they can just rape us lower players.

This defeats the purpose of balanced PvP and leagues, why not just get rid of them?

I for one won't be buying any more gold until I see a change to this.:mad:
A simple mind is entertained by simple things
Prev13

Comments

  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Advanced Member Registered Users 571 Posts
    What prizes are offered in the bronze league?
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    20 pieces of Gamr for first place, same as Silver I know that for sure.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Advanced Member Registered Users 571 Posts
    What? I thought the weapons offered would be different. That's really interesting, can you post a screenshot?
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    Yeah let me upload it from my phone I am on my PC at the moment

    My guess is the VP milestones are different though. I will snap them let you judge
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    Prizes http://postimg.org/image/oac5y6yer/

    Mile stones http://postimg.org/image/a56cwdpdf/

    Like I said not sure about the mile stones but I know the prizes are the same, according to some silver league players in my clan.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Advanced Member Registered Users 571 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    Prizes http://postimg.org/image/oac5y6yer/

    Mile stones http://postimg.org/image/a56cwdpdf/

    Like I said not sure about the mile stones but I know the prizes are the same, according to some silver league players in my clan.

    That makes absolutely no sense at all. Then what is the point of separating the 3 events if the prizes offered are the same? If the prizes are the same along with the milestones then all the pro players will try to sandbag. How many points does first place have?
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    only 100, but thats a lot for bronze. I won last night with 66 by 20 points second had 44. Every time I go up 2 points the sand baggers are going up 10 tonight and being their power is 40-50K higher than mine there is no point in my continuing to play. Its impossible for me to catch up even if I spend gold. They can do in 3 minutes what it takes me 30 to do.

    But I am going to keep going up so they have to spend gold.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    Maybe it will get out and all these huge players will sand bag down and us low guys can work our way up to gold and balance things back out.

    However I am on your side. I do not think I should be getting the same prize in bronze that you have in silver or gold. As I said in the OP and you said above it defeats the purpose of having leagues. Not only that but it facilitates cheating, or I guess I should say exploiting.

    Its not really cheating, its just taking advantage of terrible game programmers.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Advanced Member Registered Users 571 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    Maybe it will get out and all these huge players will sand bag down and us low guys can work our way up to gold and balance things back out.

    However I am on your side. I do not think I should be getting the same prize in bronze that you have in silver or gold. As I said in the OP and you said above it defeats the purpose of having leagues. Not only that but it facilitates cheating, or I guess I should say exploiting.

    Its not really cheating, its just taking advantage of terrible game programmers.

    The gold tier should offer the most pieces, with the silver the second most and bronze with the least amount. It makes perfect sense or have different weapon parts being offered at each tier.
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    personally I think a gun reflecting the average power of the league would be fair. But I already have half a GAMR I would like to finish getting it before they changed it up, but I would be happy with them replacing my parts with a comparable weapon reflecting my tier and league if it meant fixing this issue.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'm really surprised that they treat the leagues as if they are global events. Seem to me an easy fix is bronze league members only can attack or get attacked by other bronze league players? Repeat for silver and gold, no? Keep it segregated by power.
  • Merc316Merc316 Experienced Member Registered Users 103 Posts
    I'm not for sure because I was only in bronze league one time the first week I played,but does the bronze league only get 2 days to craft the weapon?
  • Aaron GAaron G Junior Member Registered Users 58 Posts
    C
    duckmeat wrote: »
    Prizes http://postimg.org/image/oac5y6yer/

    Mile stones http://postimg.org/image/a56cwdpdf/

    Like I said not sure about the mile stones but I know the prizes are the same, according to some silver league players in my clan.
    I am in the bronze league, the top prize is still the old drone. Not the weapon parts.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    This isn't really cheating but it is borderline. It is exploitation at best. Why even have the 3 leagues when players who should be in Gold sand bag down to the bronze and prevent those of us with only 1k power and a few hundred VP from being able to win.

    Players with 56K power and 6500VP storming in the last hour of the event and racking up 100 point in 3 minutes. And why should they not do this, they can get the same prize with no effort at all as they can just rape us lower players.

    This defeats the purpose of balanced PvP and leagues, why not just get rid of them?

    I for one won't be buying any more gold until I see a change to this.:mad:

    Although this might "appear" to be the case, getting into the GOLD league requires only one thing, 8,500 AP and that requires GOLD, and lots of it. In fact it is impossible to get into the GOLD League without a credit card ** SMILES **

    The GOLD League also offers better prizes and higher rated weapons, so there is absolutely no motivation to, as you say, Sandbag their way through Global PvP to qualify for a lower league event since the weapons being offered they have won 1-2 events back if they qualified for GOLD League.

    Now you may have experienced players playing in the SILVER and BRONZE leagues, but it's only because (for whatever reason) they will not OR cannot spend real money for the GOLD league qualification (I'm one of them). There are some who refuse to pay for GOLD in any way to play this game, it's their choice.

    Now to be perfectly candid, it's also improbable to accumulate 100 points in 3 minutes in League Events, that's 50 victories or roughly 15 per minute ... let's call it an unfair advantage. :-) since a victory in 4-5 seconds would be extremely difficult, but I'd stop short of stating it's impossible.

    It could also be that they've figured out how to predict where that little bugger is hiding at the start of each match and consequently can score a quick victory. This too is improbable since only a demented mind would find that enjoyable. What if an opponent had UNLIMITED GOLD? So what do you care, you'll never compete against him anyway right?

    Good Luck !!!

    SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Junior Member Registered Users 52 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    In fact it is impossible to get into the GOLD League without a credit card ** SMILES **

    There are some who refuse to pay for GOLD in any way to play this game, or cannot spend real money. it's their choice.

    Good Luck !!!

    SCORPION

    Nailed it for my reason I'm in bronze. Also I don't always play hourly so I cannot always even get close to silver league qualification if I can be playing 24hrs every hour without fail since some of us have bills to pay.
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    Aaron G wrote: »
    C
    I am in the bronze league, the top prize is still the old drone. Not the weapon parts.

    No you didnt qualify for Bronze if that is your prize I refer you to the photos I posed on the first page.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Although this might "appear" to be the case, getting into the GOLD league requires only one thing, 8,500 AP and that requires GOLD, and lots of it. In fact it is impossible to get into the GOLD League without a credit card ** SMILES **

    The GOLD League also offers better prizes and higher rated weapons, so there is absolutely no motivation to, as you say, Sandbag their way through Global PvP to qualify for a lower league event since the weapons being offered they have won 1-2 events back if they qualified for GOLD League.

    Now you may have experienced players playing in the SILVER and BRONZE leagues, but it's only because (for whatever reason) they will not OR cannot spend real money for the GOLD league qualification (I'm one of them). There are some who refuse to pay for GOLD in any way to play this game, it's their choice.

    Now to be perfectly candid, it's also improbable to accumulate 100 points in 3 minutes in League Events, that's 50 victories or roughly 15 per minute ... let's call it an unfair advantage. :-) since a victory in 4-5 seconds would be extremely difficult, but I'd stop short of stating it's impossible.

    It could also be that they've figured out how to predict where that little bugger is hiding at the start of each match and consequently can score a quick victory. This too is improbable since only a demented mind would find that enjoyable. What if an opponent had UNLIMITED GOLD? So what do you care, you'll never compete against him anyway right?

    Good Luck !!!

    SCORPION

    Scorpion you contradict yourself a few times in this post. Look at the 4th or 5th post in this forum your claim "there is no reason to sand bag down" simply is not supported by real world evidence. Sorry bud it just isn't. Why should a player compete with others with similar attack power and gold spending habits when they can sand bag down for the same exact prizes? Again I will refer you to the screen shots I took in the 4th or 5th post.

    And while I failed to take screen shots of the first 2 minutes in which 80 points where made I did screen shot a 1 minute period in which 10 points were made. Give me a few hours and I will upload those later. Once again your claims simply are not supported by real world evidence.

    However as you seem to post a lot here and know what you are talking about, I will go on the assumption that you have never learned of this exploit or you are running on a lack of sleep. Either way I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

    But you also seem to be missing the main point of this thread, if the prizes and powers were balanced it would eliminate these exploits. There is no need or reason for the bronze league to offer the same prizes and milestones as the silver. There is no need for a bronze league player to have a weapon like the GAMR either.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    Taker3681 wrote: »
    Nailed it for my reason I'm in bronze. Also I don't always play hourly so I cannot always even get close to silver league qualification if I can be playing 24hrs every hour without fail since some of us have bills to pay.

    That may be your reason, but it clearly is not the purpose someone willing to spend gold to get 100points in a few minutes would do it. Simply he can spend half the gold and not have to compete with anyone else. Hence the whole point of this conversation.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    Merc316

    Not sure I get your meaning, but I have had parts I won in Bronze for at least 2 weeks if not 3.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    Scorpion you contradict yourself a few times in this post. Look at the 4th or 5th post in this forum your claim "there is no reason to sand bag down" simply is not supported by real world evidence. Sorry bud it just isn't. Why should a player compete with others with similar attack power and gold spending habits when they can sand bag down for the same exact prizes? Again I will refer you to the screen shots I took in the 4th or 5th post.

    And while I failed to take screen shots of the first 2 minutes in which 80 points where made I did screen shot a 1 minute period in which 10 points were made. Give me a few hours and I will upload those later. Once again your claims simply are not supported by real world evidence.

    However as you seem to post a lot here and know what you are talking about, I will go on the assumption that you have never learned of this exploit or you are running on a lack of sleep. Either way I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

    But you also seem to be missing the main point of this thread, if the prizes and powers were balanced it would eliminate these exploits. There is no need or reason for the bronze league to offer the same prizes and milestones as the silver. There is no need for a bronze league player to have a weapon like the GAMR either.

    I hear ya ... Let me rephrase, there's no reason to sandbag if he already has won that prize. If the person wants OR needs that prize, then why should he not compete for it, regardless of what league the prize is offered?

    While it's theoretically true that a 7.0 Offense should never be matched against a 10.0 Defense during the match, there's nothing in place, I believe, that will prevent a player with 50,000 victory points and a ton of GOLD from competing in the Bronze League, if that is what he wants.

    Consider this scenario ... he intended to compete for GOLD League, but lost two days because of a blackout or fried modem.

    As for the 1 minute / 10 point example, that's 1 victory every 12 seconds. An experienced player can easily accomplish this with GOLD.

    BUT I hear your point ...

    Maybe the Victory Point total (which spans a players lifetime) could be used in some way OR once you make the GOLD league once, you're forbidden from ever competing in the BRONZE league. Potential solutions ... remember every time you take away a feature from a more seasoned player AND paying customer you run the risk of him leaving and Glu is not gonna watch money walk away nor should they ... it is a business after all.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    An after thought, sorry I didn't read your response thoroughly, the "exploit" to which you're most likely referring is playing the game with GOLD (whether or not he actually paid for it, is another question entirely) BUT he still has to win matches.

    I too have missed out on a weapon part because I got beat in the final seconds of Day #3. I have never qualified for the GOLD league either because I am not willing to pay what is required, so one day I will have accumulated a huge amount of victories over time, are you suggesting that I should not be able to play the game? If it is, that will never fly. ** SMILES **

    I also believe your reasoning is based upon a misconception. Players do not compete against each other, they fight against an evenly matched opponent for a common prize ... there is a difference.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • duckmeatduckmeat Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    You still fail to comprehend the issue. But thats okay that is why we are talking about it.

    But there is no point in going in circles with you. You are picking and choosing the comments you want to focus on and ignoring the content of the stuff you can't pick apart.

    Good day sir. We can continue this conversation when you decide to take it in its entirety.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    OK let's do that, if I am missing what you're trying to express, I apologize ... I do want to understand.

    Send me a private message ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • ddd33ddd33 New Member Registered Users 35 Posts
    I typically end up in the silver league because I don't pay to play and have never made the gold league. But on weekends when I have other things to do and can't make 2500 I end up in bronze league. This being said something must have changed because top prize which I have won several times was always 3 - 2000 power drones. There have never been gun parts offered in bronze that I played in or trust me I would go to bronze so I didn't have to stay up until 2am to make sure I don't drop 10 places in the last hour. Has something changed and gold is not parts for the top gun, silver parts for the 2nd gun and drones in bronze????
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    ddd33 wrote: »
    I typically end up in the silver league because I don't pay to play and have never made the gold league. But on weekends when I have other things to do and can't make 2500 I end up in bronze league. This being said something must have changed because top prize which I have won several times was always 3 - 2000 power drones. There have never been gun parts offered in bronze that I played in or trust me I would go to bronze so I didn't have to stay up until 2am to make sure I don't drop 10 places in the last hour. Has something changed and gold is not parts for the top gun, silver parts for the 2nd gun and drones in bronze????

    I'm not sure if I can answer this for you but I will state that other than my first PvP Event (which I had NO idea what I was doing and qualified for BRONZE) I have always made the Silver League which I have done once, as an experiment, without spending 1 BAR of GOLD. So I can guarantee you it IS possible. It was exhausting and I will never attempt it again.

    I have a self-imposed CAP on GOLD (my choice) of 1,000 BARS of GOLD. That was good enough to place somewhere between #42 and #89, the point being I won enough weapons parts to build a better weapon.

    Kickoff / Game Ends for me at 3 AM and I always play catch up ... I am definitely NOT a front runner, but over the course of 4 days you will make up the time, first casually and then by spending GOLD. You will leap frog over many players simply by winning matches. Sometimes the players will begin to bunch up in a bottle neck, you can tell because 2-3 victories does not seem to advance you anywhere, that is when you spend GOLD and play one match after another until you break someone (metaphorically speaking, of course)

    The key to any success in this game is a high rated weapon, you cannot avoid this. Best to spend for an upgrade early. IF you own a 6.0 rating, get a 8.0, if your at 8.0 get a 10.0, the point being do not settle for the next weapon up, take the plunge.

    You'll win more matches and win them quickly.

    SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Merc316Merc316 Experienced Member Registered Users 103 Posts
    ddd33 wrote: »
    I typically end up in the silver league because I don't pay to play and have never made the gold league. But on weekends when I have other things to do and can't make 2500 I end up in bronze league. This being said something must have changed because top prize which I have won several times was always 3 - 2000 power drones. There have never been gun parts offered in bronze that I played in or trust me I would go to bronze so I didn't have to stay up until 2am to make sure I don't drop 10 places in the last hour. Has something changed and gold is not parts for the top gun, silver parts for the 2nd gun and drones in bronze????
    This being a holiday weekend I guess I will find out next week about the bronze league.
    I know this is 10.5 tesla weekend but I will have my family with me thru the weekend and will not be able to play as much,so bronze league here I come.Time with the family is more important to me than the game.

    To answer the bronze league gun parts question a few months ago when I started playing this game I think I started on a Sat so yeah I only made bronze league that week.On Mon they played for drones but on Tues and Wed they played for parts to that 8.5 assault weapon.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Experienced Member Registered Users 234 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    ...
    I have a self-imposed CAP on GOLD (my choice) of 1,000 BARS of GOLD. That was good enough to place somewhere between #42 and #89, the point being I won enough weapons parts to build a better weapon.
    ...

    SCORPION

    You must be in the Google or IOS pool. I'm in Amazon and finished in the top 30 with around 4300 APs this tournament. Sniper/Assault rifle tournaments never have as much action as Tesla/Heavy gun weeks and the new PvP assignment algorithm broke play for a lot of players who'd won higher powered weapons than their level [they didn't have enough health to stand up against the damage from higher than normal defense power matches], but still, less than 4500 AP almost always puts me in the top 50.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    You must be in the Google or IOS pool. I'm in Amazon and finished in the top 30 with around 4300 APs this tournament. Sniper/Assault rifle tournaments never have as much action as Tesla/Heavy gun weeks and the new PvP assignment algorithm broke play for a lot of players who'd won higher powered weapons than their level [they didn't have enough health to stand up against the damage from higher than normal defense power matches], but still, less than 4500 AP almost always puts me in the top 50.

    So I've heard from others on Amazon. Everybody WINS ** SMILES ** I'm on Google and to Rank #42 required 7,104 AP, I believe and Rank #89 required around 6,000 AP.

    If I only knew I might have installed from Amazon as opposed to Google *** SMILES *** but then again I might be bored to tears by now.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Expert Member Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I'm going to install Amazon on my phone and take it for a spin. I has a smaller screen (only 5") but a better processor. I cannot play on both platforms seriously, but I am curious.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    You will be rewarded! Just remember, it's a different save structure, so, you will start from the beginning as a new player. Also, no watch for free gold, no pushed videos for equipment, but other than that, I work FT and get a weapon each week.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.