Options

Sand Baggers

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    This isn't really cheating but it is borderline. It is exploitation at best. Why even have the 3 leagues when players who should be in Gold sand bag down to the bronze and prevent those of us with only 1k power and a few hundred VP from being able to win.

Players with 56K power and 6500VP storming in the last hour of the event and racking up 100 point in 3 minutes. And why should they not do this, they can get the same prize with no effort at all as they can just rape us lower players.

This defeats the purpose of balanced PvP and leagues, why not just get rid of them?

I for one won't be buying any more gold until I see a change to this.:mad:

I appreciate your frustration and I am sure that there are those who are gaming the system, but Glu has not made it easy to craft weapons and who is to say what is legitimate if you need the parts to complete the weapon.

I have a related point that should be addressed as well: It is not possible to opt out of League competitions. I did not contest the last Global event because I already owned the Gamr and did not view the Jormungandr as an upgrade worth competing for, particularly since Assault weapons aren't competitive against Heavy guns. So I just played my free energy credits, I never waste them if I can avoid it. That qualified me for the the Silver League, playing, you guessed it, for Gamr parts, a weapon which I already own. Once again, playing only free energy credits in the Silver League, a placed 5th, 4th and currently am in 1st place in the Silver league. I will win 44 parts for a gun that I already own, depriving somebody who really wants the upgrade of those points. I feel bad about that, but Glu has not given me the ability to forgo those points and not compete.

I am sure that there are those who are in the Bronze League who shouldn't be, but as a start, it seems like it would be easy to give those of us who are playing below our usual level, for whatever reason, to stay out of the way of people who really need a shot at the upgrade.

At least, if the opt out option were offered you would know who really is "gaming the system."
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I appreciate your frustration and I am sure that there are those who are gaming the system, but Glu has not made it easy to craft weapons and who is to say what is legitimate if you need the parts to complete the weapon.

I have a related point that should be addressed as well: It is not possible to opt out of League competitions. I did not contest the last Global event because I already owned the Gamr and did not view the Jormungandr as an upgrade worth competing for, particularly since Assault weapons aren't competitive against Heavy guns. So I just played my free energy credits, I never waste them if I can avoid it. That qualified me for the the Silver League, playing, you guessed it, for Gamr parts, a weapon which I already own. Once again, playing only free energy credits in the Silver League, a placed 5th, 4th and currently am in 1st place in the Silver league. I will win 44 parts for a gun that I already own, depriving somebody who really wants the upgrade of those points. I feel bad about that, but Glu has not given me the ability to forgo those points and not compete.

I am sure that there are those who are in the Bronze League who shouldn't be, but as a start, it seems like it would be easy to give those of us who are playing below our usual level, for whatever reason, to stay out of the way of people who really need a shot at the upgrade.

At least, if the opt out option were offered you would know who really is "gaming the system."

Your post doesn't make sense. If you already have the gun, why are you trying to win it again? I understand if you want the 50 gold and you can get 100 VP and stop, so what is the point of ranking 1?
  • Options
    Your post doesn't make sense. If you already have the gun, why are you trying to win it again? I understand if you want the 50 gold and you can get 100 VP and stop, so what is the point of ranking 1?

My post doesn't make sense because Glu's rules don't make sense. If I play Monday through Wednesday my points are automatically credited to the Silver League. The point of my post was that I am not trying to win it again, but Glu forces me into the Silver League even if I don't need the weapon. My point is: Let me stay out of the competition, but that is not currently an option. I am currently number 1 for the day simply because I have used my free energy credits. Should I quit playing for three days?

Let's make this even more simple: I am playing the Silver League only because Glu makes me play in the Silver League. Don't need the Gold, certainly don't need the Manta drones.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    My post doesn't make sense because Glu's rules don't make sense. If I play Monday through Wednesday my points are automatically credited to the Silver League. The point of my post was that I am not trying to win it again, but Glu forces me into the Silver League even if I don't need the weapon. My point is: Let me stay out of the competition, but that is not currently an option. I am currently number 1 for the day simply because I have used my free energy credits. Should I quit playing for three days?

How about you not play as much?
  • Options
    How about you not play as much?

Just playing my 3 free credits per hour. My base ugrade is already proceeding at a snail's pace. I suspect that the reason that I am placing so well is that everybody in my league has crafted the weapon already. The got into Silver because they were in 31 to 300 place which gave them 20 or 35 parts. Maybe that means that I really didn't prevent any Silver Leaguers from crafting a weapon. My point was why not let me opt out so that people who really want the weapon can get it.
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    I'm kinda in the same situation as you Brad. I'm more after the 50 free gold than anything and since I had things to do last weekend I'm in bronze league this week. Just playing free energy I'm almost 40 ahead the Number 2 With 2 1/2 hours left. The new guns cool but I'm in it for the gold. I don't spend real money if I can help it. It's the 7 day a week tournament I'm tired of. No way I can win a weapon in the global so silver and bronze are my only options. I'm in iOS league.
  • Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    In IOS, the top prize in the bronze league is 3 Leviathans. I couldn't see Duckmeats pic but he must be playing on other platform
  • Options
    Imreef wrote: »
    In IOS, the top prize in the bronze league is 3 Leviathans. I couldn't see Duckmeats pic but he must be playing on other platform

I was in iOS Bronze this week and won the parts for the Garmr.
  • Options
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    I was in iOS Bronze this week and won the parts for the Garmr.

Were you able to finish it?
  • Options
    Yeah I got everything to complete the gun.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Just a small footnote on the Bronze league, I had to go back in time and recall my thoughts. The first thing I recalled saying to myself was, "Jeez ... I need a better weapon" ... and so ended my Bronze league losing experience, it's been SILVER League ever since.

In retrospect, the BRONZE league was designed to never EVER actually give you a legitimate chance at winning, with the low rated weapons new players have at their disposal, rather it was designed to allow you to compete and get a taste of what the competition was like and "coax" you into getting a better weapon, thus spend some GOLD. If you take the bait, they've got you.

If you don't and turn away, Glu could care less because they cannot make any $$$ from you. This was clear to me very early on ... ironically it should be clear to everyone, else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

*** SMILES ***

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    I'm usually in Silver league myself. As I stated in my first post I had real things to do last weekend and with the holiday coming up this weekend I'll probably end up in Bronze again next week. Trying to get what I can now while I've got the time. In the end either way I'm more trying to get the gold. The guns just an extra.
  • Options
    I'm usually in Silver league myself. As I stated in my first post I had real things to do last weekend and with the holiday coming up this weekend I'll probably end up in Bronze again next week. Trying to get what I can now while I've got the time. In the end either way I'm more trying to get the gold. The guns just an extra.

I hear ya ... I'm playing "lite" this weekend also. May take some target practice every now and then during league play. BTW I like your Avatar.
  • Options

I wonder if the bronze league with the assault weapon was a glitch or something?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I hear ya ... I'm playing "lite" this weekend also. May take some target practice every now and then during league play. BTW I like your Avatar.

Lol! Thanks. Don't remember where I found it.
  • Options
    I wonder if the bronze league with the assault weapon was a glitch or something?

I don't know if it's a glitch or not. It's definitely harder to get the complete weapon. You have to win twice and no lower than 3rd to get all the parts where in Silver league you come in with whatever you managed to get in the global and try to add to them.
  • Options
    Prizes http://postimg.org/image/oac5y6yer/

Mile stones http://postimg.org/image/a56cwdpdf/

Like I said not sure about the mile stones but I know the prizes are the same, according to some silver league players in my clan.

LOL I really don't know what you're complaining about after seeing your score ... 2nd, 725 VP. It must be a turkey shoot on Amazon !!! The guy who beat you may have been sand bagging, but hey when I played bronze that first week, I never came close. Of course I had absolutely no idea what I was doing at the time.
  • Options
    That is really weird. I won the bronze league twice last week and didn't get any Gamr parts only the drones. I wonder how GLU stratifies the interleague competition?? Meaning how do they separate the bronze leagues? How come some people are competing for parts while others are competing for drones? I did place in the global event and won parts for the Gamr.
  • Options
    That is really weird. I won the bronze league twice last week and didn't get any Gamr parts only the drones. I wonder how GLU stratifies the interleague competition?? Meaning how do they separate the bronze leagues? How come some people are competing for parts while others are competing for drones? I did place in the global event and won parts for the Gamr.

So you're saying that last week you collected parts for the Garmr in the Global, but in the League Event that ended yesterday there were no Garmr parts so you could not finish the weapon? If that is true, then it blows away my whole understanding how these weapons parts work. I can confirm the Garmr was available in the Silver League because I picked one up.

That's almost as bad as my collecting 45 Bastet parts and Glu cancelling the final day of competition leaving many with nothing but parts and no way to complete the weapon. One would think that if the parts are available in the Global, the parts would be available for you to complete the weapon regardless of what league you qualify for.

To add insult to injury, they had you competing for drone parts (not drones) ... a feature that currently does not function ... JEEZ

SCORPION
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    Well I can now absolutely assure you that PvP battles are NOT I repeat NOT based on power.

I won the GARMR, a completely useless weapon at my level and tier, even with it unequipped I face players randomly from 900 defense power to 65k defense power regardless of my weapons set up.

And I can just do revenge and rape all the players who attack in my D power and not even bother with PvP algarythm as it is clearly impossible for me to kill anyone over me unless I am using my GARMR even then the best I have done is killed a 5k player I simply do not have the health to face down anything higher even with consumable.s
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    So you're saying that last week you collected parts for the Garmr in the Global, but in the League Event that ended yesterday there were no Garmr parts so you could not finish the weapon? If that is true, then it blows away my whole understanding how these weapons parts work. I can confirm the Garmr was available in the Silver League because I picked one up.

That's almost as bad as my collecting 45 Bastet parts and Glu cancelling the final day of competition leaving many with nothing but parts and no way to complete the weapon. One would think that if the parts are available in the Global, the parts would be available for you to complete the weapon regardless of what league you qualify for.

To add insult to injury, they had you competing for drone parts (not drones) ... a feature that currently does not function ... JEEZ

SCORPION

If you dont get enough AP to reach bronze the top prize is the old drones.
  • Options
    If you dont get enough AP to reach bronze the top prize is the old drones.

Wow ... so if why / how would someone win enough AP in Global to secure weapons parts but not have enough AP (only 100) to qualify for Bronze League. On the surface this doesn't make much sense?

Fully equipped the Garmr is a decent weapon. I use it almost exclusively in SHORT range battles and rarely loose. But against a MAX'd out defense / drone it is under powered. I think that's more of a scenario problem though.

Try stocking up on MedKits, that should help you win some more battles.

SCORPION
  • Options
    I don't know what was going on but I definitely won all the parts for the Garmr in this weeks Bronze league. I'm in the iOS pool but that shouldn't matter.
  • Options
    I don't know what was going on but I definitely won all the parts for the Garmr in this weeks Bronze league. I'm in the iOS pool but that shouldn't matter.

So did I in android. My guess is they split leagues by regions as well.
  • Options
    Wow ... so if why / how would someone win enough AP in Global to secure weapons parts but not have enough AP (only 100) to qualify for Bronze League. On the surface this doesn't make much sense?

Fully equipped the Garmr is a decent weapon. I use it almost exclusively in SHORT range battles and rarely loose. But against a MAX'd out defense / drone it is under powered. I think that's more of a scenario problem though.

Try stocking up on MedKits, that should help you win some more battles.

SCORPION

I think either myself or the person you replied to is mistaken. However I know for a fact if you dont qualify for a league the top prize is the old drone the Mantis I think that was the black and red one.

Too late for me to not qualify this go our I would take an SS for you. However at the top it still says you are in the Bronze league. This leads me to believe the other player is mistaken.
  • Options
    I think you may be right and the poster I was replying to may have been mistaken ... anyways ... 2 Days and 11 Hours left in Global and, true to form, I just qualified for Silver League yet again. I couldn't sand bag myself into Bronze, it's just not in my nature. The only way would be to NOT play at all. Could be you're guy missed the Global Event and then simply "bullied" his way through the Bronze because he needed the weapon ...

I always give players the benefit of the doubt, don't be to quick to judge.

** SMILES **

SCORPION
  • Options
    I think you may be right and the poster I was replying to may have been mistaken ... anyways ... 2 Day 11 Hours left in Global and, true to form, I just qualified for Silver League yet again. I couldn't sand bag myself into Bronze, it's just not in my nature. The only way would be to NOT play at all. Could be you're guy missed the Global Event and then simply "bullied" his way through the Bronze because he needed the weapon ... I always give players the benefit of the doubt, don't be to quick to judge.

** SMILES **

SCORPION

Yeah I wish you could opt out of events. Im just trying to hit my mile stones.

You may be right, but some folks are underhanded. I know on the last day of the last event I only needed 10 parts so I kept my self in 3rd place. No need to take first if I cant use it. But lucky for me 2nd and 3rd went up high enough for me to hit the gold bench mark.

I from now on though I will push for silver, if I dont make it then I wont participate in the Bronze or I will stay in 4th place and try to reach my bench marks that way.
  • Options

SCORPION

Yup. I won first place in my bronze league Monday and Tuesday. I didn't really play Wednesday and got second. The first place prize was 3 Leviathan drones while the second place prize was 3 Mantis drones.
    I did have enough AP to qualify for the bronze league otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. I actually had enough AP to get 5 Gamr parts. My only guess is that you have to have at least 10 parts or finish in the top 1000 or something
  • Options
    Yup. I won first place in my bronze league Monday and Tuesday. I didn't really play Wednesday and got second. The first place prize was 3 Leviathan drones while the second place prize was 3 Mantis drones.
    I did have enough AP to qualify for the bronze league otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. I actually had enough AP to get 5 Gamr parts. My only guess is that you have to have at least 10 parts or finish in the top 1000 or something

Which system are you guys on anyway? It would be nice if people specified?
  • Options
    Which system are you guys on anyway? It would be nice if people specified?

Yeah that may help us understand the confusion.

As I understand it they are different prize scales and rules