Options

no global event?

Aaron GAaron G Registered Users 58 Posts
No global event this week? Just wondering when new heavy gun will be released?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    See Handles post. Upgrade due Friday. IOS Global begins after that upgrade. No Global for Android platform.
  • Options
    Aaron GAaron G Registered Users 58 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    See Handles post. Upgrade due Friday. IOS Global begins after that upgrade. No Global for Android platform.

Thanks. Can you please attach handle's post?
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    Aaron G wrote: »
    Thanks. Can you please attach handle's post?

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?155365-New-Update-Dressed-to-Kill! :-\
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    If GLU adheres to it's schedule, the next HEAVY will not be available until August. If you're on Android, it might be possible to craft one in the BRONZE League ... but I wouldn't bet on that even with GLU's money. The only other reasonable way to get a better HEAVY would be if they put up for sale over the coming weeks.

13:41 BR-EDIT-CONFIRM
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    If GLU adheres to it's schedule, the next HEAVY will not be available until August. If you're on Android, it might be possible to craft one in the BRONZE League ... but I wouldn't bet on that even with GLU's money. The only other reasonable way to get a better HEAVY would be if they put up for sale over the coming weeks.

There was a Heavy for sale in connection with the new Dressed to Kill campaign that I saw when it was opened up by accident, but it was not a 12.0 and I don't remember what it cost.

I will be very interested to see what will be offered in next week's Bronze.. Whatever it is it will leave most players unhappy.

Testing to see if I can edt
  • Options
    There was a Heavy for sale in connection with the new Dressed to Kill campaign that I saw when it was opened up by accident, but it was not a 12.0 and I don't remember what it cost.

I will be very interested to see what will be offered in next week's Bronze.. Whatever it is it will leave most players unhappy.

I started a new thread ... now I'm trying to reply with quote.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Yay, your posts are showing again!
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts

13:41 BR-EDIT-CONFIRM

Does the heavy apply to just android users or is it for ios and amazon.
  • Options
    Does the heavy apply to just android users or is it for ios and amazon.

When we refer to "Android" we're talking Google as well as Amazon. That being said, The August time frame would be for a 13.5 HEAVY. The Android 12.5 HEAVY is most likely a lost cause as I see it.

IOS Global should start tomorrow, late AM probably.
  • Options
    When we refer to "Android" we're talking Google as well as Amazon. That being said, The August time frame would be for a 13.5 HEAVY. The Android 12.5 HEAVY is most likely a lost cause as I see it.

IOS Global should start tomorrow, late AM probably.

**** it! I think we should be fair and postpone the ios heavy for next month too.
  • Options
    **** it! I think we should be fair and postpone the ios heavy for next month too.

I agree and after three Android upgrade mis-steps the net effect is the competition is getting to be ridiculous in light of the small rewards for your effort. Really the stats would suggest that a player would need to spend hundreds, if not thousands of GOLD BARS to complete a weapon. Where's the sense in that? Might as well put them up for sale ... LMAO

The motivation to compete PvP is shrinking fast unless they make some adjustments. I think a fully completed weapon for TOP 100 and adjustments down for the PARTS would work ... but what do I know, other than the numbers that is >>>
  • Options
    I agree and after three Android upgrade mis-steps the net effect is the competition is getting to be ridiculous in light of the small rewards for your effort. Really the stats would suggest that a player would need to spend hundreds, if not thousands of GOLD BARS to complete a weapon. Where's the sense in that? Might as well put them up for sale ... LMAO

The motivation to compete PvP is shrinking fast unless they make some adjustments. I think a fully completed weapon for TOP 100 and adjustments down for the PARTS would work ... but what do I know, other than the numbers that is >>>

Customer service is a core component in every game it would have been easier if they extended bronze league for a full 7 days instead of the 3 because Android is not going to have a global for the heavy. 7 days should be more than enough to complete a weapon.
  • Options
    Customer service is a core component in every game it would have been easier if they extended bronze league for a full 7 days instead of the 3 because Android is not going to have a global for the heavy. 7 days should be more than enough to complete a weapon.

The problem with this particular upgrade is (1) we don't know what will be offered in BRONZE league as prizes (2) there's little difference between LEAGUE and GLOBAL, with regards to the system software, so you can't have one without the other, I would think. (3) even if they could an Android player would need to score north of 200 VP to get 16-20 parts and do it at least three times. For example to collect 32 parts (about the same as Global's 35 parts) would be the GLOBAL equivalent of 5,000 AP (give or take) and most likely another 2,500-5,000 to complete the weapon (10,000 AP) ... that's plenty of GOLD. Cruising along for 10 PARTS over the course of 5 DAYS is not much better ... last Silver League Event DAY #2 resulted in 100+ VP totals extending all the way down to RANK #22.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    What is the reason behind always placing Android behind iOS for updates and loading the servers with the events first?

Is this a money driven decision? Is it a number of active players one? And why the Pacific Daylight Time standard? Because that's where the corporate offices are?

There I go again, thinking that GLU is rational in some way. <knocking myself upside head>
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    What is the reason behind always placing Android behind iOS for updates and loading the servers with the events first?

Is this a money driven decision? Is it a number of active players one? And why the Pacific Daylight Time standard? Because that's where the corporate offices are?

There I go again, thinking that GLU is rational in some way. <knocking myself upside head>

The GLU standing explanation is that Android presents challenges not present for IOS and they almost always have issues. So they have decided that it's better to simply cancel the GLOBAL which gives them 3-4 days. Given this explanation, I would tend to agree with their decision. There are so many Android players, and 2 platforms (Google and Amazon) that it just takes longer.

Getting to your question, if they did Android first, IOS would still need to wait before they get their upgrade. So why delay everyone from getting the new updates, we'll just delay 2/3 of them. 1/3 of the revenue pie is better than none ... with one caveat with the proper server infrastructure, it would be feasible to run multiple versions of the game. Sort of like PRIMARY (or current version) and SECONDARY (or upgraded version). When the upgrade is ready, you just bounce everyone off the game (we know they're good at doing that) and force a restart.

I am sure GLU has it's reasons though since cancelling a Global Event is lost revenue they can never recoup.

SMH and PERPLEXED beyond all expectations ...
  • Options

I always believed that GLU had a shortage of employees. Their logic is to work on one system first and then move onto another. Apple users take precedence over other systems and it's understandable because we're more important. What they should have done is have an update ready for the three systems and release them simultaneously.
  • Options
    I always believed that GLU had a shortage of employees. Their logic is to work on one system first and then move onto another. Apple users take precedence over other systems and it's understandable because we're more important. What they should have done is have an update ready for the three systems and release them simultaneously.

Are you implying that you're better than us? **SMILES** I told you before HANDLES is doing everything from his garage ... LOL
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I posted earlier that, in my opinion, because everyone will be crowded into bronze league rooms, without any global heavy gun parts, that I think there's little or no chance that any Android players will crafting a heavy gun next week.

When I submitted it, I received a notice that my post would only be visible after approval by a moderator. I logged in again and tried a follow-up to determine if it was just a glitch, and got the same notice -- what's up with that??

Evidently, the issue has been resolved, but I came close to losing the link to this forum -- I did or said nothing to warrant having my posts censored, and do not appreciate it.
  • Options
    Am I still banned from posting for some unknown reason?

We are all unbanned. Welcome back!
  • Options
    Am I still banned from posting for some unknown reason?

You're good buddy
  • Options
    Are you implying that you're better than us? **SMILES** I told you before HANDLES is doing everything from his garage ... LOL

He did manage to eliminate operating overhead.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Thanks. Has anyone heard why they did it? I assume that folks are pretty unhappy at being shutout of having any chance for the next gun, but they're not going to be any happier when they can't even say anything about it.

OK, I just saw Handles note in the "Are we allowed to post?" thread.
  • Options
    Thanks. Has anyone heard why they did it? I assume that folks are pretty unhappy at being shutout of having any chance for the next gun, but they're not going to be any happier when they can't even say anything about it.

A glitch is system security ... we were all considered to be spammers.
  • Options
    The GLU standing explanation is that Android presents challenges not present for IOS and they almost always have issues. So they have decided that it's better to simply cancel the GLOBAL which gives them 3-4 days. Given this explanation, I would tend to agree with their decision. There are so many Android players, and 2 platforms (Google and Amazon) that it just takes longer.

Getting to your question, if they did Android first, IOS would still need to wait before they get their upgrade. So why delay everyone from getting the new updates, we'll just delay 2/3 of them. 1/3 of the revenue pie is better than none ... with one caveat with the proper server infrastructure, it would be feasible to run multiple versions of the game. Sort of like PRIMARY (or current version) and SECONDARY (or upgraded version). When the upgrade is ready, you just bounce everyone off the game (we know they're good at doing that) and force a restart.

I am sure GLU has it's reasons though since cancelling a Global Event is lost revenue they can never recoup.

SMH and PERPLEXED beyond all expectations ...

This does make a lot of sense. I can understand software being less complicated when it's controlled by the same company that makes the hardware it runs on.

I have a hunch though that changes will happen very soon now that the CEO has figured out that this game has lost potential profits during each new content release. With luck, at some point they can improve the graphics freezing, and then game glitches. As Tiers increase in power, the glitch rate gets worse. Tier 12s with drones are now fraught with freezing.
  • Options
    This does make a lot of sense. I can understand software being less complicated when it's controlled by the same company that makes the hardware it runs on.

I have a hunch though that changes will happen very soon now that the CEO has figured out that this game has lost potential profits during each new content release. With luck, at some point they can improve the graphics freezing, and then game glitches. As Tiers increase in power, the glitch rate gets worse. Tier 12s with drones are now fraught with freezing.

What you just stated, particularly about software/hardware being controlled by a single company, has been true ever sine IBM introduced the PC. Many of the game play issues do not seem to plague me as much as others ... I attribute this to my using a Google Nexus Gen.2 that happens to run Google Android v4.4.4.

The biggest contrast between IBM and Google is that new PCs had to be IBM PC COMPATIBLE. Android devices have no such limitations, so anyone with a soldering tool and some micro processors can develop a tablet.

Revenues will take a nose dive when fewer players compete in PvP. You factor in the bugs and glitches and ......
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts

Hey Bradr752
    What I'm trying to post since 20hrs ago, is that 2 weeks ago, when I had asked you about the heavy offered in DRESSED TO KILL after the Heavy Trial, you had told me that it was not something substantially superior than your medusa and that you hadn't even looked back after the trial.
    So if I were an android user, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for that.

Cheers
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    Hey Bradr752
    What I'm trying to post since 20hrs ago, is that 2 weeks ago, when I had asked you about the heavy offered in DRESSED TO KILL after the Heavy Trial, you had told me that it was not something substantially superior than your medusa and that you hadn't even looked back after the trial.
    So if I were an android user, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for that.

Cheers

I think the heavy that Bradr was talking about is the one where when you do the heavy missions.The first mission that you do they will offer it to you at half off.Those guns come in at an even number say 12.0 instead of the gun that we can compete for at 12.5
    They are underpowered compared to the ones we compete for but it seems that I run across a lot of them in pvp.
    They can usually be bought for around 750 gold on the half off first mission.
  • Options
    Merc316 wrote: »
    I think the heavy that Bradr was talking about is the one where when you do the heavy missions.The first mission that you do they will offer it to you at half off.Those guns come in at an even number say 12.0 instead of the gun that we can compete for at 12.5
    They are underpowered compared to the ones we compete for but it seems that I run across a lot of them in pvp.

Yeah ... I was considering picking one up, but as BRAR752 mentioned. if it's no better than the MEDUSA then why bother. I'm playing PvP to collect some diamonds and I'm getting max'd out TIER 12 SHORTS reminiscent of 4 weeks back when we had the same problems with TIER 11 SHORTS. Throw in a max'd out drone and the MEDUSA STARTS CRYING, so I'm back to avoiding these battles all over again ... guess who's on the merry-go-round now LMAO
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Merc316 wrote: »

Exactly
    Thanks Merc316
    PS. We were in the same bracket 2 on day #3. Did you finally get your weapon crafted?
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    I think that will be a waste of gold and diamonds to get up to speed depending on what you're usually paired with. Heavies are short lived, so unless you have something around a 10.5x (Bastet) weapon, it will be too expensive to help for a short period. It would be probably better to wait.