Options

Game Load Speedup

13Next

Comments

• Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    GLU deleted all my drone components, including my mounted ones, and since my drone body is level 108 (114K) and my base is Tier 14, which only wins 410K and 510K components, I can't win replacement components to mount on my drone. Effectively, I've lost my drone, and I'd need tens of millions diamonds and a tons of XP modules to upgrade my drone body to whatever level corresponds to 410K.

I asked customer support for assistance; they said the mounted modules shouldn't have been deleted and that they'll investigate and get back to me within a couple days. I hope they can resolve this. My drone wasn't a super heavy, but it did provide enough fire suppression, protection, and healing that my PvP matches are noticeably harder without it. Maybe they'll be able to recover my mounted components, or (even better, but probably unrealistic) boost my drone body to 410k so that I can mount the only components that I can win.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    GLU deleted all my drone components, including my mounted ones, and since my drone body is level 108 (114K) and my base is Tier 14, which only wins 410K and 510K components, I can't win replacement components to mount on my drone. Effectively, I've lost my drone, and I'd need tens of millions diamonds and a tons of XP modules to upgrade my drone body to whatever level corresponds to 410K.

I asked customer support for assistance; they said the mounted modules shouldn't have been deleted and that they'll investigate and get back to me within a couple days. I hope they can resolve this. My drone wasn't a super heavy, but it did provide enough fire suppression, protection, and healing that my PvP matches are noticeably harder without it. Maybe they'll be able to recover my mounted components, or (even better, but probably unrealistic) boost my drone body to 410k so that I can mount the only components that I can win.

I wouldn't depend on GLU to fix anything and I am truly sorry for your loss. I did notice a 92K, 64K MG and 64K RL in the wheel of fortune ... since 3 of 7 items are weapons, the chance you can at least get your drone functioning are pretty good. Not much hope for upgrades however.

Please PM BRADR752 before he becomes the next victim.

I believe you should press GLU for some GOLD so you can try to replenish at least a few parts. For them to actually fix the error would require them to actually "work" gulp ... I wouldn't bet on that with their money.

Do you have any screen shots of the drone's weapon status BEFORE they sunk their claws into it?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    You think GLU offering to help a customer out wouldn't end up totally screwing them!

This makes me so sick. Python, if there was a virtual way I could alleviate this fiasco in some way, I wouldn't hesitate.

I hope GLU has some reasonable resolution other than "we are working on it."

And you wonder why hackers are flourishing in this game.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts

This is a worst nightmare scenario. Very bad! I am taking regular screenshots of my Drone, but Glu won't fix quickly.
  • Options
    Based on PythonDJango's experience, I asked to be taken off the Wipe List. I then endeavored to use up pages. I worked hard through the night and was only able to get it down to 750 pages. It costs 82K diamonds for each 8 pack and there are 30 parts to a page. So it costs 328K to get rid of 1 page, to get thrugh 750 will cost 246M Diamonds. The value of these parts is so small it will take 300 8 packs to advance one weapon a single level.

I have sent a new request to wipe UNEQUIPPED drone weapons parts wiped. Otherwise the game is becoming unplayable.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Based on PythonDJango's experience, I asked to be taken off the Wipe List. I then endeavored to use up pages. I worked hard through the night and was only able to get it down to 750 pages. It costs 82K diamonds for each 8 pack and there are 30 parts to a page. So it costs 328K to get rid of 1 page, to get thrugh 750 will cost 246M Diamonds. The value of these parts is so small it will take 300 8 packs to advance one weapon a single level.

I have sent a new request to wipe UNEQUIPPED drone weapons parts wiped. Otherwise the game is becoming unplayable.

Man just one night? You really need a good old fashioned dose of patience; it took me about 3 weeks to get down to 385 pages; it's not a quick fix by any stretch. In this game 250M diamonds is nothing and the goal is NOT to advance the weapon's power but to get rid of the excess parts and pick up as many XP along the way that is possible. Remember XP NEVER DIE, they are reusable. Think of it as collapsing like 5,000 small parts into a single SUPER PART that you will definitely need later on.

Anyways, it's your call ... Good Luck !!!
  • Options
    I checked the "Wheel of Fortune" again and now it has 6 items, 5 of which are weapons parts:

92K Machine Gun
    64K Machine Gun
    64K Rocket Launcher
    64K Shield Generator
    64K Healing Ray

If GLU cannot remedy the lost parts issue by any other means, I'd say 50,000 GOLD would go a long way towards helping; that's 1,000 mid-range parts. It won't replace the countless hours of play and PvP victories that went into crafting your drone, but it should make you operational again ... at least it restores your ability to proceed to 410K Power.

Python, I'd hate to see this come to an end in this way. That's no way for a Gladiator to die ...
    ... Hang in there.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why 92K RL parts are so rare ... Jeez
  • Options
    UPDATE: I'll start with the punchline because the explanation will be long, but I have all my drone parts (again??) and have remounted my previous components.

Here's what happened: Customer Service got back to me and said that they couldn't restore or add specific components to my account, so they gave me 450 gold to spin for drone parts so I could get something to mount. I did that, and for my 10 spins got a 92k machine gun, a 64k rocket launcher, and 24 big XP modules (they add 30 xp each). Now that I knew I had a couple components to mount, I tried to add them.

Previously, whenever I tapped the "inventory" button, which you have in place of "change" and "upgrade" on an open drone mount, the game would freeze for a few minutes, then dump me into a restart. That continued, maybe 3 times, when I tried to mount my new 92k machine gun, but the inventory loaded eventually, and I had a ton of components -- I scrolled through the 510k and 410k machine guns to where the 92k should be, and there was my old 113k machine gun, so I mounted it instead. I repeated for rocket launchers, although it only crashed a couple times before the inventory loaded, and my 113k rocket launcher was there. I was also able to mount my old shield and healing rays (without any crashes), so my drone is "whole" again.

I don't know what happened. You can't just drop a component once one is mounted; you can change it but not leave the spot open, and all 4 of mine were gone. The crashes whenever I tapped "inventory" prevented me from seeing that I still had components. I don't know if GLU was able to restore them all (if so, I don't think they would have given me the gold), or if GameCircle backed up and restored them. I'd guess that the crashes were probably caused by timeouts while an index of components was being regenerated, but that's an assumption on my part. I'm not feeling particularly guilty about receiving gold since I spent a very unhappy day with no drone support, and the components I won aren't being used. The XP modules will be helpful, but those drone box spins seem very expensive for what you get.

Anyway, that's my drone story - much ado about nothing in the end. There is one side effect though.

When we had a 14.5x assault rifle event, I didn't finish top-30 (I almost never do, because I don't spend gold like the top players). In the followup league event, I finished first on all 3 days to get the Vineae heavy, so I don't have a 14.5x assault rifle. Because of the 450 gold I spent on spins, I'm only 300 gold away from getting a 15.5x Assault rifle (Morlock: 2.05M - 3.36M power) in the VIP event. I think that I'm going to do it, although I know it'll play hell with my short range matchups. I'm level 140 and have a partial economy upgraded Tier 14 base. I have the gold (from event milestones), and the Morlock feels like too good an opportunity to pass up. Also, I'm going to have the same issue whenever I craft that Vineae heavy, so it just happens a little sooner than planned.

I'd welcome your opinions on the Morlock.
  • Options
    So if I'm understanding you correctly, there never was a problem to begin with? You just weren't able to inventory your weapons because of game crashes AND you got some GOLD for your troubles in the process.

Is that the short version?

About the ASSAULT weapon: if and when TIER 15 is available (I haven't seen a TIER 15 opponent yet), the 15.5 weapon will only be at par with the prevailing tier, so your not going to get much mileage out of it. On the other hand, there's a 17.5 HEAVY at the top of Super VIP if you want to go that far.

It's expensive, but will last for at least 2 months, maybe longer.

BTW the "dis-mounted" parts was something that BRAD experienced as well. My reservations about this whole process is that technically it's a simple process, yet GLU can't seem to get it right, sort of like try this or try that. Experimenting with my gaming experience will never fly with me *either you know what you're doing or you don't) AND of course it's GLU ... when have they ever done anything right?

KUDOS
  • Options
    Essentially, except I'd call it more like my components fell off my drone and I couldn't get to them (or see that I still had them) anymore, so I had a bit of a panic attack, but I'm much better now. What do you think about the Morlock assault rifle?
  • Options
    Essentially, except I'd call it more like my components fell off my drone and I couldn't get to them (or see that I still had them) anymore, so I had a bit of a panic attack, but I'm much better now. What do you think about the Morlock assault rifle?

As I said in my previous post, it's a good weapon but it's rating of 15,5 (most likely offered in next week's global) will be at par with the new TIER 15, if and when we get it, which doesn't give it much mileage ... a month tops. It does have the advantage of being free to upgrade using cash, so go for it since you're only 300 GOLD away. You'll need it fully equipped so I hope you've got some cash stashed.

**SMILES**
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Man just one night? You really need a good old fashioned dose of patience; it took me about 3 weeks to get down to 385 pages; it's not a quick fix by any stretch. In this game 250M diamonds is nothing and the goal is NOT to advance the weapon's power but to get rid of the excess parts and pick up as many XP along the way that is possible. Remember XP NEVER DIE, they are reusable. Think of it as collapsing like 5,000 small parts into a single SUPER PART that you will definitely need later on.

Anyways, it's your call ... Good Luck !!!

Having worked at it for several hours, I calculated that the total cost of fusing 765 Pages of parts would be 36.9 Billion Diamonds. Can't be done, won't do it.
  • Options
    The higher level components appear to have significantly lower diamond cost per XP, which is why I've been paging through over 330 pages to get to my 510k components to fuse -- it's a pain though.

Hopefully, Glu will add a way to filter or sort components, or to jump to a specific page as well as next/previous navigation when fusing. That is, assuming that they don't add a way to "trash" components, even if it was one at a time instead of a bulk delete, that would be an improvement.
  • Options
    Having worked at it for several hours, I calculated that the total cost of fusing 765 Pages of parts would be 36.9 Billion Diamonds. Can't be done, won't do it.

I don't know how you came up with that figure, you may be right ... here's what I get:

70,000 (per fuse) x 4 (fuses per page) x 300 (pages) = 84,000,000; 100,000,000 rounded upwards for every 300 pages.

This is ONLY for sub 410K ... so I'm looking at 100M diamonds. Even 1 BILLION sounds way off to me. If you have that many 410K parts and upwards, then you've run right off the rails I'm afraid to say.

I think your original estimate of 250M was much much closer ... check your figures.

Even using your figure, you should still be able to eliminate half for only 100M (300 pages of small parts) that should speed things up quite a bit. They're all up front right?

Again we're talking about reducing PAGES of small parts. COST per XP has NOTHING to do with that.

The presumed GOAL is to bring the 410K parts to the front to eliminate the scrolling of 100s of pages NOT to fuse every fracking part. If the goal has changed, please let me know.
  • Options
    I thought that he was talking about components to upgrade mounted components rather than upgrading the drone body/chassis due to the page reference.

An off topic question: how do you buy more than one "set" of energy?. I was thinking that's what I might spend the 300 gold on, but once I buy energy via the "Get Energy" interface, the option to purchase seems to be replaced by a "use" button. Does that option change when you already have a full energy load?
  • Options
    I thought that he was talking about components to upgrade mounted components rather than upgrading the drone body/chassis due to the page reference.

An off topic question: how do you buy more than one "set" of energy?. I was thinking that's what I might spend the 300 gold on, but once I buy energy via the "Get Energy" interface, the option to purchase seems to be replaced by a "use" button. Does that option change when you already have a full energy load?

After the first USE, you can then start adding energy for later use ... but you must use the first one, so make sure you've just depleted your energy to get the maximum value.

I believe that all we were discussing was how to reduce the number of pages without wiping and thus speed up the game. I'm at 385 pages and the drone feature is moving along quite quickly and getting better. How we moved to cost per XP .....

The presumed GOAL is to bring the 410K parts to the front to eliminate the scrolling of 100s of pages NOT to fuse every fracking part. If the goal has changed, please let me know.
  • Options
    I think that remains the goal; it is for me anyway. However, I'm done asking Customer Service to delete my components. Eventually it worked out OK, except for an anxiety spike and a couple hours of crashes/restarts to perform a recovery. All in all, it worked out a lot better for me than I expected though.
  • Options
    Haven't heard from BRAD for awhile. Maybe he's busy working on his drone?
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'd think keeping an All-Time rank of 2 requires a full time focus! He probably spends more time at that game than I do with 3.
  • Options
    Haven't heard from BRAD for awhile. Maybe he's busy working on his drone?

Upgrading Base Economy, back to 762 pages. Did you unwrap that new Karma yet? I am currently in 18th place. I am Second on the AT Leaderboard by a slim 157 VP.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I'd think keeping an All-Time rank of 2 requires a full time focus! He probably spends more time at that game than I do with 3.

Yep ... I sometimes overlook his ongoing battle ... in that case, he better grab the KARMA before his friends do.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Upgrading Base Economy, back to 762 pages. Did you unwrap that new Karma yet? I am currently in 18th place. I am Second on the AT Leaderboard by a slim 157 VP.

Unwrap? well you could say that ... it arrived on a flatbed truck last night. I told the driver there must be some mistake, I didn't order an anti-aircraft gun? He replied, TOOBAD, that's KARMA for ya.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Here is an update on my attempt to wipe Drone parts pages in order to speed up play. After two weeks, and several messages to Glu, including two notices that I had been removed from the Wipe list, my 777 pages of unused parts have been removed. My Drone weapons remain and page load is radically improved. To load one 8-pack of Drone weapons upgrade parts took 7 minutes before, now it is reduced to a few seconds.

One important note: If your Drone is less than 410 K, check to make sure thay you can use the 410K and 510K parts to upgrade. The information on this forum says you cannot, but a member of my clan, who wiped his parts, says that the value of the new parts was adjusted so that he has no problems.
  • Options
    Here is an update on my attempt to wipe Drone parts pages in order to speed up play. After two weeks, and several messages to Glu, including two notices that I had been removed from the Wipe list, my 777 pages of unused parts have been removed. My Drone weapons remain and page load is radically improved. To load one 8-pack of Drone weapons upgrade parts took 7 minutes before, now it is reduced to a few seconds.

One important note: If your Drone is less than 410 K, check to make sure thay you can use the 410K and 510K parts to upgrade. The information on this forum says you cannot, but a member of my clan, who wiped his parts, says that the value of the new parts was adjusted so that he has no problems.

You're welcome LOL You're clan member is delusional however ... one cannot upgrade to 410K part unless the support drone itself is at 410K.
  • Options
    You're welcome LOL You're clan member is delusional however ... one cannot upgrade to 410K part unless the support drone itself is at 410K.

His claim was that after the wipe the parts were "modified" to allow him to use them. I am with you though, I am sceptical. In fairness to him, he has been upgrading his Drone with those parts for three weeks and his Drone is currently Level 116, 239K, so he should know.
  • Options
    His claim was that after the wipe the parts were "modified" to allow him to use them. I am with you though, I am sceptical. In fairness to him, he has been upgrading his Drone with those parts for three weeks and his Drone is currently Level 116, 239K, so he should know.

Oh that's a different story ... he's not at 410K ... ALL parts are interchangeable, the wipe has nothing to do with it ... there was no "modifications" or any other magic LOL. Drone weapons parts are nothing more than XP, so instead of say 10 64K fuses one could use a single 410K fuse perhaps ... that much I'll concede but you cannot achieve a 410K drone until the drone itself is 410K.

He probably mistook the wipe as the cause since he had never used a 410K part before.

He still needs to "fuse" his way to 410K, so in a sense he's wasting his 410K parts OR at best he'll need to continue to collect them for quite some time.

I thought I explained all of this weeks ago ... maybe not.
  • Options
    Yup, you did!
  • Options
    Good ... I thought maybe I was losing my comm skills *** SMILES *** the part itself is just a STARTING POINT ... my problem is getting to where I can actually use them, which is still a week or so away. I need to burn about 100 pages ...

I'm not crazy ... there's ALWAYS a method to my MADNESS !!!

LOL
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Good ... I thought maybe I was losing my comm skills *** SMILES *** the part itself is just a STARTING POINT ... my problem is getting to where I can actually use them, which is still a week or so away. I need to burn about 100 pages ...

I'm not crazy ... there's ALWAYS a method to my MADNESS !!!

LOL

But are not madness and method two sides of the same coin? Private questions are asked.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    But are not madness and method two sides of the same coin? Private questions are asked.

ANSWERED

Huggles

LOL

Almost forgot, yes upgrade your ASSAULT all the way, if you can. I might be mistaken, but not too long ago you stated you were sitting on 200M in cash. If that's true, what are you waiting on?

**SMILES**