Options

Matchmaking System and Bots

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    S r a p e isn't a bad word just means completing pvp by the skin of my teeth

That's s-c-r-ape. I'm not sure s-r-ape is a word at all, but I see it's doing it to s****e as well.
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    What Glu has taught me:
    1. Prey on the weak, for although they may be able to revenge me, I'll still get more diamonds from them than they can get from me.
    2. Do not revenge those above you as then they will revenge you again and get more diamonds than you can get from them.
    3. Attack the weak, since the lag will destroy you if you attack someone stronger.
  • Options
    mistafingamistafinga Registered Users 1 Posts
    I guess getting diamonds is out of the question now. The PVP match ups are overwhelmingly out matched. I have to use at four health packs just to get through the match and then time runs out and it was all for nothing. There's no way I can increase my base, my weapons if you can't earn diamonds. And I'm not buying it anymore. Almost to the point of deleting entire game because you can't get anywhere anymore. I want my money back! It just astounding that you would change the match ups to the point that the game is completely unplayable.
  • Options
    blacksongblacksong Registered Users 1 Posts
    I got in this forum, just want to say: This is a so stupid game, we should not waste time for it!
    By the way, the Glu Super Admin is a liar!
  • Options
    Jlope014Jlope014 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have attack power of 560/525 and yet keep getting matched against people with defense over 1000, sometimes 2000. The only choice is whether to go on and accept a suicide mission, or keep paying progressively more crystals to find a viable target. The problem with your "gun versus defense" system is that it does not consider your health or how fast it will go down against such a vastly superior defense. The gun is only one part of being capable of winning.

If the game gave you more items like rockets and health kits, then it would be fairer because you can use these items tactically to overcome harder challenges. We should be able to buy these with game cash, along with everything else. Right now, game cash is mostly useless as is completing missions, except to get the 2 or 3 rewards every day.
  • Options
    Murk3000Murk3000 Registered Users 5 Posts
    So, umm, if i were to have a 200k heavy machine gun but a 150 assault gun would i be matched with secondary (200k) or primary (150)?
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Murk3000 wrote: »
    So, umm, if i were to have a 200k heavy machine gun but a 150 assault gun would i be matched with secondary (200k) or primary (150)?

Unfortunately, your PVP battles will be matched based on the 200K Heavy. But, for some "unknown" reason (GLU programmers "know" what is the best weapon for the campaign), your ability to play campaign missions will be based on the 150K assault.
  • Options
    Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    Hi coll: In this competition, it has been revealed, the new relay "Bots" with exorbitant defenses. This does not seem bad. What I think is very unfair, are the pairings. These new pairings, with huge differences, with whom, the overspending diamond is unique.
    And I mention unfairness, because the constant attempt to compete with these bots is unlikely.
    An example of this is the opposite course has a defensive power level 13; and myself, at the expense of much struggle, own a Level 11 defense and starting it.
    To all this, we can add the power of weapons ... A sad Level 12 primary weapons. And 11.5 in secondary weapons.
    Therefore: The differences are evident. You can not compete with more than 400 points behind.
    I just want to make a humble request: Please, you fairer and set the game to make the competition fairer
    A greeting: Chipper
  • Options
    BojangleBojangle Registered Users 1 Posts
    With the two Bots (no data available in profile) I got set up with and the one player (lvl 130 T 13 def SD 63K) and my tiny little lvl 45 what the heck kind if drugs are you doing? Looks like this weekend will be collecting produced diamonds and checking for free gold videos. Nice work.
  • Options
    asapayuasapayu Registered Users 16 Posts
    I would like to ask, why does it always crash every time I play the PVP, revenge and the campaign. I'm in Modern slayers 2nd intel collected with four remaining games.

I play with my ipad mini, ios 9.0.1, 16G. I'm Level 140, with 22.1K support drone, 234.24K base power, rhino 712K, bulldog 712K.

Did I reach the max of my ipad mini to play it? do i have to quit and stop playing because I've reached my ipad's max? Please tell me what to do, if there's anything I need to do.

I appreciate any insight on this.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    asapayu wrote: »
    I would like to ask, why does it always crash every time I play the PVP, revenge and the campaign. I'm in Modern slayers 2nd intel collected with four remaining games.

I play with my ipad mini, ios 9.0.1, 16G. I'm Level 140, with 22.1K support drone, 234.24K base power, rhino 712K, bulldog 712K.

Did I reach the max of my ipad mini to play it? do i have to quit and stop playing because I've reached my ipad's max? Please tell me what to do, if there's anything I need to do.

I appreciate any insight on this.

The one thing you might try to do is following a "crash" or restart, once the game is fully loaded, do NOT exit the game and switch to your system settings and note how much memory remains free. These devices (tablets and smartphones) require at least 25% of free RAM at all times; preferably 50% for performance reasons. Post your findings and we'll take it from there.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    One thing that I have noticed with this new update, all of the BOT seem to show themselves as Tier 14 bases with Tier 15 level Base Power.

Since the Drone is the same level as I am, it is not anything to worry about.

My level 80 Drone is nothing more that a "mosquito" that does no damage what so ever.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    One thing that I have noticed with this new update, all of the BOT seem to show themselves as Tier 14 bases with Tier 15 level Base Power.

Since the Drone is the same level as I am, it is not anything to worry about.

My level 80 Drone is nothing more that a "mosquito" that does no damage what so ever.

CONCERNED you sure are getting around today !!!

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Equal and fair match ups is all anyone really wants.
    Well, isn't this interesting - My entire THREAD is just this in every way.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?176095-PVP-Event-Choosing-Players-major-issue-10x-your-base-power

I still think including Drone power is ridiculous. Any Drone can be taken out by wrist Sling Shot.

Now - If players entire weapon source is part of equation vs just the weapon mounted/Equiped -
    this becomes another flaw.

I'm level 6 at the time fighting lev 12? With 6K weapon power against 245K power?
    Come On - Really?
    Then Drain my Vault getting anyone Near my Power..
    Thats Not a Flaw - It's an All out SCam.

If Not - This issue would be attacked over nite to get fixed to get 2 options -
    Close Range or Long Range Player.

With option to change your mind.

As only option to win, it has to be long range w/o using grenade as needed in close range.
  • Options
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    Well, isn't this interesting - My entire THREAD is just this in every way.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?176095-PVP-Event-Choosing-Players-major-issue-10x-your-base-power

I still think including Drone power is ridiculous. Any Drone can be taken out by wrist Sling Shot.

Now - If players entire weapon source is part of equation vs just the weapon mounted/Equiped -
    this becomes another flaw.

I'm level 6 at the time fighting lev 12? With 6K weapon power against 245K power?
    Come On - Really?
    Then Drain my Vault getting anyone Near my Power..
    Thats Not a Flaw - It's an All out SCam.

If Not - This issue would be attacked over nite to get fixed to get 2 options -
    Close Range or Long Range Player.

With option to change your mind.

As only option to win, it has to be long range w/o using grenade as needed in close range.

I am trying to make sense of your post. What exactly are you asking?

As far I as I can tell, the drone has nothing to do with the match up. All that is happening is the BOT will have the exact same drone that you have.

Your battle opponent is based on your strongest weapon in your inventory. It does not matter whether it is equipped or not.

Is this what you are talking about?

1zbe82v.png

I have an 8K weapon equipped, but I am matched against a 2.11M opponent. This match up is based on my strongest weapons even though they are not equipped. My strongest weapons are a MORLOCK 2.05M assault and a BATTERING RAM ELITE 1.84M heavy.

We all have faced the this same issue. We bought weapons that were far stronger than our Base defense. Things were fine, we were killing every thing in site. Then CKS 3.0 was release with the new battle matching algorithm and we had the same problems that you are facing. We just had to struggle until our bases caught up to our weapons and let me tell you it was a huge struggle.

If this is not what you are talking about, then try to say what your problem/complaint is in a different way.
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    I am trying to make sense of your post. What exactly are you asking?

As far I as I can tell, the drone has nothing to do with the match up.
    Your battle opponent is based on your strongest weapon in your inventory. It does not matter whether it is equipped or not.

Is this what you are talking about?
    Well Right - it can only relate to PVP match up.
    Here's the Bs part, you hit find target - you can't change weapons to a higher level now - right?
    So why should un-mounted weapons even be part of equation? Selecting opponent?
    You came with what you brought.

So why after 6 attempts do you finally get the opponent you should have got the first time?
    If not too many 1240 diamond hits from vault drained you first, for a 2 diamond win,
    because only the points matter in PVP, not diamonds.
    Loosing win streak is a major handicap if you are forced to battle too high a level at close range.

So far, no weapon used in close range never nicks the main target enough if you had 10,000 rounds of ammo
    and all night holding trigger down.
    In some close range arrangements - there are 2 different scenes.
    If you are on the balcony, in close range, you have a good chance throwing grenade down.

If you are on main level, where main target never comes down, getting granade to be active,
    is very tricky for the only way to win in close range.
    To fight the defense seems balanced on the main floor, unless health gets too low fighting juggernauts.
    If health kit is not avail, good chance you will be killed.

But we're way out of sync now - it's been two weeks trying to get back into the game,
    And sure enough, there will be 50 or more revenge hits to deal with.
    If I can ever get back on.

Thanks Concerned
  • Options
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    Well Right - it can only relate to PVP match up.
    Here's the Bs part, you hit find target - you can't change weapons to a higher level now - right?
    So why should un-mounted weapons even be part of equation? Selecting opponent?
    You came with what you brought.

So why after 6 attempts do you finally get the opponent you should have got the first time?
    If not too many 1240 diamond hits from vault drained you first, for a 2 diamond win,
    because only the points matter in PVP, not diamonds.
    Loosing win streak is a major handicap if you are forced to battle too high a level at close range.

So far, no weapon used in close range never nicks the main target enough if you had 10,000 rounds of ammo
    and all night holding trigger down.
    In some close range arrangements - there are 2 different scenes.
    If you are on the balcony, in close range, you have a good chance throwing grenade down.

If you are on main level, where main target never comes down, getting granade to be active,
    is very tricky for the only way to win in close range.
    To fight the defense seems balanced on the main floor, unless health gets too low fighting juggernauts.
    If health kit is not avail, good chance you will be killed.

But we're way out of sync now - it's been two weeks trying to get back into the game,
    And sure enough, there will be 50 or more revenge hits to deal with.
    If I can ever get back on.

Thanks Concerned

Now, I have a pretty good idea of what your concerns are. The main advice that I can give you, is hang in there. Like I said, we have all faced the exact same problem that you are facing.

My advice to you right now would be, equip your strongest weapons. Equipping a lower ranked weapon does nothing for you. Since the battle match up will always be based on your strongest weapon, when the match up that you want pops up, then you will have the weapon that you want equipped. IMO, your weapons of choice should be as follows: the TESLA for a long range PVP battle, the HEAVY for a short range battle. The ASSUALT can be used for short range, but only if it is fully upgraded. The TESLA/HEAVY must be upgraded to at least 60%.

As far as battles, keep in mind that short range battles are always the toughest to fight. When I had the same problem that you are having, what I did was I always skipped the short range battles. For the longest time, I fought only long range battles because the long range battle was the only battle that I knew that I had a reasonable chance of winning. Just make sure that your TELSA is within 1 or 2 levels of your Base Tier. Again, equip your strongest TESLA. Your long range battle will be based on it any way.

Now as far as fighting the long range battle, if your are not fighting the battle in this manner, then learn to fight this way. I can not take any credit for the following tactics. These tactics are all courtesy of amsoft.

1. You must learn to duck and shoot. When most of the troops that you are fighting are NOT shooting that is when you jump up and start firing.

2. Whenever possible, ALWAYS let your TELSA charge to the fullest, before firing. Especially, against a SENTRY, you must take it out without having to take a second shot. Against the other troops, you will find your happy medium.

3. Make sure that you switch to you TESLA as soon as the battle starts, never use your SNIPER in Battle.

4. Watch the troop movement, they will line themselves up. Your first TESLA shot should always take out at least two troops, sometimes three. Whenever possible, try to make one of the initial kills to be a ROCKET ELITE.

5. The next targets will be the Sentries. As soon as they rise up, you have to be target them and take them out as soon as possible.

6. From my experience, the battle pattern goes as follows, once you have killed 2 troops and 2 Sentries and 1 Juggernaut, the Drone and the "boss" will be entering the battle, along with another Juggernaut. Depending on how much damage the drone does, you now need to decide what will be your next target. If you can easily target the "boss", take him out and win the battle. If not, then the 2nd Juggernaut will be your target. Then take out the "boss". If the drone does a lot of damage with its rocket, or if the drone is causing a lot of lag, then take it out asap.

7. Take the troops out in this order. 2 or more troops with 1 shot, all sentries that pop up, and then the Juggernaut. For the 2nd wave, it will vary but the main targets are the Juggernaut, the "boss" and the Drone. One last thing, the Juggernaut and the Rocket Elites do the most damage, then the Special Forces. The Juggernaut and the Rocket Elites must be target first.
    8. Finally, always make sure that when a Juggernaut or Sentry is firing, you must be under cover. Never be standing when they are firing.

Your priority is now to upgrade your Base to match your weapons. I know that it seems like a tough, hard road to travel, but you can do it. Remember, we have all been in your shoes and eventually we were all able to climb out of the hole that we dug ourselves into.

Also, if you are a "free" player, it is possible to get out of this problem. If you can spend any real cash, then you will be able to do it quicker. But, it can be done fighting only 3 battles an hour.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    This is friggin' ridiculous...ever since this update, which I might add has still not fixed the lagging issues (what a shock), i am CONSTANTLY getting matched up with 2.95M defenses when my attack power (AP) is only 712.7k. I just spent about 35k diamonds trying 2 find a match that was winnable and still didnt get one...i gave up to post this post. I have probably spent near 100k diamonds already in just 2 dys trying 2 find battles that were winnable. I am either getting the 2.95M defenses or ones that are equal 2 my AP, which is fine, but there is no inbetween and it is mostly 2.95M. This is bullc r ap 2 get 10, 20, 30 matchups in a row that r 2.95M. Once again, GLU has managed 2 screw something up!
  • Options
    arnman wrote: »
    This is friggin' ridiculous...ever since this update, which I might add has still not fixed the lagging issues (what a shock), i am CONSTANTLY getting matched up with 2.95M defenses when my attack power (AP) is only 712.7k. I just spent about 35k diamonds trying 2 find a match that was winnable and still didnt get one...i gave up to post this post. I have probably spent near 100k diamonds already in just 2 dys trying 2 find battles that were winnable. I am either getting the 2.95M defenses or ones that are equal 2 my AP, which is fine, but there is no inbetween and it is mostly 2.95M. This is bullc r ap 2 get 10, 20, 30 matchups in a row that r 2.95M. Once again, GLU has managed 2 screw something up!

Let's see if I can explain this in a way that won't completely make you want to shoot the messenger. At TIER 3,4,5 you enjoyed a gravy train of PvP victories and at TIER 6 you've reached the tipping point in the game. The basics are simple, the hook and lure is to let you try out PvP in the expectation that you'll like it and become a paying customer; it was never meant to last forever (easy victories).

Even with modest weapons, you can be successful provided your BASE TIER is up to date and FULLY UPGRADED. Mediocrity is what's killing you, so you now have a decision to make. Every time a new TIER is released, you will find it ever harder to find an opponent that is to your liking or capabilities. When an opponent cannot be found you get the strongest GLU generated opponent that money can't buy ... that's the way it is and has always been in CKS 3.x.

I also suspect you have a high rated weapon in your inventory that you're not currently using; anything over 12.5 WILL attract TIER 15 opponents.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Let's see if I can explain this in a way that won't completely make you want to shoot the messenger. At TIER 3,4,5 you enjoyed a gravy train of PvP victories and at TIER 6 you've reached the tipping point in the game. The basics are simple, the hook and lure is to let you try out PvP in the expectation that you'll like it and become a paying customer; it was never meant to last forever (easy victories).

Even with modest weapons, you can be successful provided your BASE TIER is up to date and FULLY UPGRADED. Mediocrity is what's killing you, so you now have a decision to make. Every time a new TIER is released, you will find it ever harder to find an opponent that is to your liking or capabilities. When an opponent cannot be found you get the strongest GLU generated opponent that money can't buy ... that's the way it is and has always been in CKS 3.x.

I also suspect you have a high rated weapon in your inventory that you're not currently using; anything over 12.5 WILL attract TIER 15 opponents.

But things were just fine until this update...that is when the matchups became absurd. Yes, i was getting some 2+M matchups b4, but they were few and far between, and was getting a lot of 1.5M matchups as well, but not continuously, and they were winnable. I just tried playing 2 PVPs again now and the 1st match, i had 2 go thru 7, 2.95M matches b4 i got one that was my own level, and the 2nd match, i had 2 go thru 18 b4 i got one that i cud win...this is costing me a boatload of diamonds. In the 3 dys now since the update, i havent even seen a 1.5m defense. They had 2 have changed something in this update bc nothing on my end has changed, except 4 the upgrading of my base every few dys, but my weapons r both the same power, 712.7k.
  • Options
    But things were just fine until this update...that is when the matchups became absurd. Yes, i was getting some 2+M matchups b4, but they were few and far between, and was getting a lot of 1.5M matchups as well, but not continuously, and they were winnable. I just tried playing 2 PVPs again now and the 1st match, i had 2 go thru 7, 2.95M matches b4 i got one that was my own level, and the 2nd match, i had 2 go thru 18 b4 i got one that i cud win...this is costing me a boatload of diamonds. In the 3 dys now since the update, i havent even seen a 1.5m defense. They had 2 have changed something in this update bc nothing on my end has changed, except 4 the upgrading of my base every few dys, but my weapons r both the same power, 712.7k.

Just played 2 more PVPs and the 1st match, i went thru 20, 2.95M matchups b4 i got 2 one i cud win, and the 2nd i went thru 6...
  • Options
    Just played 2 more PVPs and the 1st match, i went thru 20, 2.95M matchups b4 i got 2 one i cud win, and the 2nd i went thru 6...

40 freakin 7 is how many 2.95M defense matchups i just got b4 i got one i cud win. Just spent over 50k diamonds...GLU SUCKS! How am i ever supposed 2 collect diamonds 4 upgrades if this C R A P happens all the time?
  • Options
    40 freakin 7 is how many 2.95M defense matchups i just got b4 i got one i cud win. Just spent over 50k diamonds...GLU SUCKS! How am i ever supposed 2 collect diamonds 4 upgrades if this C R A P happens all the time?

How you contacted Customer Care, yet. It might take a week or two to get an answer, but they will eventually get around to you.

Also, what re your strongest weapons and what is your base tier? only if your weapons are too strong for your base tier will you draw unwinnable matches.

To give you an idea, here are my stats:

Base Tier 15 (2.44M), 75% upgraded

Weapons:
    x14.5 GUISARME Sniper (1.44M) 20% upgraded
    x15.5 MORLOCK Assault (2.05M) 0% upgraded
    x15.5 MANTA Tesla (4.37M) 50% upgraded
    x15.5 MAHJONG Heavy (3.26M) 20% upgraded

All of my battle matchups will be based on my Tesla and my Heavy, my strongest weapons. It does not matter whether or not these weapons are equipped. I will be matched based on these weapons.

With these stats, I seldom see any 2.95M Tier 15 bases. Most of the time, the "highest" base that I am matched against will be a 2.9 Tier 14 Bot. My short range battles usually draw "only" 2.11M bases.
  • Options
    How you contacted Customer Care, yet. It might take a week or two to get an answer, but they will eventually get around to you.

Also, what re your strongest weapons and what is your base tier? only if your weapons are too strong for your base tier will you draw unwinnable matches.

To give you an idea, here are my stats:

Base Tier 15 (2.44M), 75% upgraded

Weapons:
    x14.5 GUISARME Sniper (1.44M) 20% upgraded
    x15.5 MORLOCK Assault (2.05M) 0% upgraded
    x15.5 MANTA Tesla (4.37M) 50% upgraded
    x15.5 MAHJONG Heavy (3.26M) 20% upgraded

All of my battle matchups will be based on my Tesla and my Heavy, my strongest weapons. It does not matter whether or not these weapons are equipped. I will be matched based on these weapons.

With these stats, I seldom see any 2.95M Tier 15 bases. Most of the time, the "highest" base that I am matched against will be a 2.9 Tier 14 Bot. My short range battles usually draw "only" 2.11M bases.

I am base T12 and my weapons r 712.7k. The issue ended up getting better during the wk, but now it is back again. Things always seem 2 change (for the worse) when the Global Events start.
  • Options
    I am base T12 and my weapons r 712.7k. The issue ended up getting better during the wk, but now it is back again. Things always seem 2 change (for the worse) when the Global Events start.

For what it's worth "things" do same to get worse during Global Events as opposed to weekly League Events. My guess is that GLU's server setups are inadequate to handle the volume of players and could result in "bad match ups". I've noticed other manifestations such as restarts increase in frequency, server connection failures increase in frequency and the game just generally slows down.

After two weeks of observing the experiences of players in general and knowing the history of the game, I've concluded that some of these issues are directly related to the latest release.

I know this is a reach and doesn't help you find better opponents, but the game appears to have been unstable ever since the latest update. All we can do at this point is wait (hope) for GLU to fix the problems.